SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need to Link New Menu Item to MyMovies Plugin

I upgraded to Gemstone and created a new menu item for MyMovies. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what I need to link to so that the MyMovies plugin will launch. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
-Carlton
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

The process is described in the ADM wiki as the Gemstone Menu Manager is an updated version of ADM. You basically need to enable Copy Mode and then make a copy of the standard menu item. I am away right now but if you search you should find the process described.

k
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Sage User

Tried to search in the gemstone options, but I don't see any mention of copy mode as described in the ADM wiki.

I'm setting up my gemstone within a hd300 if it makes any difference.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

From the main menu bring up the options panel (ESC or Option) then select Menu Manager. Once in the Menu Manager bring up the options panel (ESC or Option) and select Copy Mode. You will be prompted asking where you want to go select Main Menu and you will be taken to the default non custom menu where the MyMovies menu items will show. Move the highlight over the MyMovies menu item and hit ESC to get the Copy Mode options and follow the instructions to add to the custom menu.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you!! This worked perfectly.

I was really struggling to figure this out and never would have guessed that I'd need to hit the option button 3 times to bring up 3 different menus to find MyMovies. . . and then use the option button a 4th time to exit out of copy mode.

It working perfectly now. Actually, even better than before, as I now have both MyMovies and Videos in the main menu at the same time.

Thanks again,
-Carlton
Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Have you tried the flows with your Movies?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Have you tried the flows with your Movies?
I am guessing he uses something specific with mymovies metadata wise not sure just guessing....that being said that development has ended so you might want to give gemstone a try..
Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hmmm... just updated to Gemstone. Used the above instructions to try to get SageMyMovies link back but when in the copy mode, all I see under "Videos" (where my previous SageMyMovies was located) is the "Coverflow" option. I did have many options under videos before? I did use the instructions above to copy the "Playon" menu item to Gemstone and that worked no problem... any ideas why the SageMyMovies old menu option isn't showing? Thanks!

PS: I like SageMyMovies and have always used it rather than the "built in" video options because I have about 1,000 online movies and 2,000 offline movies and this puts them all together in a very nice package
Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

You will probably not be able to use the replace functionality of my movies, where mymoves replaces the videos menu, without recreating the structure using copy mode. With the Menu Manager in the mix now the MyMovies menu code will not function as it did before.

What exactly do you mean by "Online" and "Offline" movies? Is this MyMovies specific? I haven't used MyMovies for quite awhile so I may just be forgetting...

J
Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
You will probably not be able to use the replace functionality of my movies, where mymoves replaces the videos menu, without recreating the structure using copy mode. With the Menu Manager in the mix now the MyMovies menu code will not function as it did before.

What exactly do you mean by "Online" and "Offline" movies? Is this MyMovies specific? I haven't used MyMovies for quite awhile so I may just be forgetting...

J
I hadn't replaced the videos menu structure... the "My Movies" option was just another option under the videos menu item. So, previously, when I selected "My Movies" from the videos menu, I'd get a third column menu (using Diamond which would then "bump" the widgets off) which had all the My Movies options in it. It seems like this is still possible as the guy above said it worked? Just looking to get back the My Movies menu option... not really particular in exactly where it is if it can't be exactly like it was previously.

By online movies I mean movies that I have copied to the hard drive. By offline movies I mean movies that I only have in actual DVD format on the shelf. With Sage My Movies I had different views setup to where I could see all my movies or just my online movies. Worked really well.

Oh, and I checked and I still have SageMyMovies installed and enabled so not sure why it doesn't show under the copy menu?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hmm... still having problems getting MyMovies to be visible within Gemstone. I even tried from an HD300 and when using Copy Mode from there, the "Videos" menu option is completely empty??? MyMovies still works fine if I revert back to the standard SageTV but as soon as I go back to Gemstone, MyMovies goes away again and it doesn't show up using the Copy Mode either on server or HD300. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried to turn OFF the Menu Manager custom Menus and see what happens. This basically disabled the customization of menus and leaves the standard SageTV menu displayed with minor ability to hide/show some menu options.

This is not the ideal solution as you miss out on the menu customization and I see others have been able to get MyMovies menu working with the custom menus but as I don't use MM then I cannot assist much more.

k
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Have you tried to turn OFF the Menu Manager custom Menus and see what happens. This basically disabled the customization of menus and leaves the standard SageTV menu displayed with minor ability to hide/show some menu options.

This is not the ideal solution as you miss out on the menu customization and I see others have been able to get MyMovies menu working with the custom menus but as I don't use MM then I cannot assist much more.

k
I just tried your suggestion and I can see where some of my "old" menu items came up (for example, "Restart Sage" was in the Setup menu and I haven't added that back in to the Gemstone menu yet). However, for the "Videos" menu option, I have ONLY the "Flow Manager" option... which isn't in my original menu??? Seems like all the main menu options look normal except the "Videos" and that is missing all of them and threw in a new one? LOL

Hmmm?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I am confused so perhaps a picture or 2 would help us figure this out.

k
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Here you go! Three pics...

"Videos" menu with Gemstone
"Videos" menu with default STV
"Videos" menu with Copy Mode enabled

I *thought* I should see, while in copy mode, what I see with the default STV but I don't and just see "List Flow"?

Thanks for looking!

Also, on my HD300, when I do the same thing, the "Videos" menu is completely empty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg videos_gemstone.JPG (105.4 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg videos_defaultSTV.JPG (53.0 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg videos_copymode.JPG (120.8 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by Brent94Z; 10-24-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: images too big
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the pictures but still not really sure what is causing this... it would seem that MyMovies plugin perhaps has a setting that needs changing as other users have been successful getting this working but I am not familiar with that plugin.

Perhaps a Gemstone/My Movies user will chime in.

k
Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Forgive the ignorance JustJoken but how does the "copy" feature of ADM work? My movies simple just added a submenu to the default main menu. However does ADM allow Context values to be passed into the next menu. Been a while since I even looked at SMM code But I know it requires some statics to be passed to get the correct view up. I am figuring ADM does allow this but I Could be wrong...
Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

You are correct... It does handle most cases with contexts and other users have said the copy worked for them but it may be a case I am not handling.

I may need to just load the SMM plugin and see what up

k
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

I have a license so I can try this weekend.

I'll post some instructions as well once I figure it out.

J
Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Excellent! Thanks much guys for looking at this. I use SMM all the time and would love to be able to get this working. Thank you!