SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Sage User

Answers to the questions are below. I have one question. How does the audio capture process work. I have Coaxial carrying an audio signal into the TV Tuner card. What does the TV Tuner card do to move that signal into a file residing on my PC? Do the audio filters and renderers come into play when writing the file or do they come into play upon listening and viewing the file? Either way, I think I'm going to return the card for another this morning.

Thanks for all of your help. Will let you know if the new card makes any difference.

Another note: Whatever tones and noise are on LiveTV are also on the recorded file of that LiveTV footage.

try using the software that came with the card winTV2000
also you need to install the driver update to get the remote to work
and you will need to install the driver update to get winTV 2000 to work
I am not referring to updating the driver there is an actual .exe update you install after the system drivers
Good idea Stranger and kny. WinTV2000 produces the same result.

what input are you using?
Coaxial. Pulled same cable over to a TV and it worked.

is the cineplayer decoder pack registered?
Yes.

do you have some setting on the audigy card turned on that may cause this
Mine is oem (audigy card) so I do not know what all the features are of the retail also yours is an audigy 2
This I have no idea.

are you sure you are install the drivers correctly ?
As sure as one can be.

what are they listed like in the device manager and where did you buy the card?
Listed as Hauppauge WinTV-PVR PCI II (Encoder-16). It doesn't show any conflicts. Was bought retail at a Comp-USA

where did you get the drivers, from the CD that came with the card?
Have installed them from the card and also have tried the most current off of Hauppauge's website.

also can you open system tools and check the system info and tell me if your card is sharing with the audigy or any other device
The sound card and TV Tuner card use different IRQs.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Great news. Got my replacement from CompUSA, installed it and guess what? We have audio!!!! Doesn't matter what renderer & filter I use. It works.

KNY & Stranger. Thank you both for the time you spent helping me through the troubleshooting.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

That's good, because I was getting stumped.

As for audio capture, basically the Tuner takes the signal off the coax, then it get split to audio and video, those get encoded into MPEG on the card, and then that MPEG stream gets written to a file on the HDD. About the only things that can affect the recording are the card itself, the drivers, or possibly Sage when writing it to the disk (although that's highly unlikely because Sage doesn't process the data, just writes it to the disk.)

Anyway, glad to hear you have it working.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

glad you got it working
I wondered after the wintv 2000 doing the same thing
glad compusa was willing to help