SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?
Yes, please 7 70.00%
No, thanks 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

A little bit of good news for the "Home" button lovers...

First of all I do apologize for the missed "Home" button functionality you guys are now experiencing after installing version 2.2.0 of the plugin. I was completely unaware of that feature and how is really useful indeed at the point that my wife and kids loved it instantly.

I therefore decided to spend some time to investigate and to find a possible solution as is not that easy as it looks like. So, after some thought and trials I successfully managed to support the "Home" button as normal on the HD200 for the time being, but looking into porting the changes for the HD300 and HD100 as well as it requires some changes in the original scripts.

Is not over yet, but is a very promising step and if everything is going into plan I will make the changes available in the next release (v2.2.1)

Thanks for your patience
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
First of all I do apologize for the missed "Home" button functionality you guys are now experiencing after installing version 2.2.0 of the plugin. I was completely unaware of that feature and how is really useful indeed at the point that my wife and kids loved it instantly.
I too was unaware I was a Home button user until I updated to the 2.2 version then experienced problems with powering on STV. Once I realized it was only happening with my Logitech and not the STV remote, I found that my remote profile was indeed using 'Home' for the WatchTV activity instead of 'PwrOn'. The symptom is that not only would it not power on, but it would get the HD200 into a state where it wouldn't respond to the STV remote's PwrOn either, requiring a hard power cycle to recover.

So Harmony users need to be aware that the STX-HDx00 profile available in Logitech's database will not work as defined. You either need to change it to use the PowerOn command or wait for a Squeezeslave fix for 'Home' which Eddy is already working on.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Update on the "Home" button support

All,

The HD100 porting is completed as well as the HD200 and they are both working pretty well, along with some other bugs introduced by the remote support which I've discovered and fixed.

Regarding the HD100 I do have a question which I kindly like to know your opinion please. Basically on the HD100 only the "Power" and "Home" buttons have their behavior swapped in respect to the HD200 & HD300, so would you like having the HD100 buttons behaving the same as the big brothers for the sake of consistency (in particular in mixed environment) or you're not particularly bothered? Please let me know ASAP.

And generally speaking, how are you guys getting on with the remote control? Useful, useless, WAF, should I spend my time looking after my garden instead ? Please let me know whether you have other remote control functionality you would like to see next.

Thanks
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

remote control

I love the remote control functionality.

It's usually right on the table and easy to reach. My ipod touch could be anywhere... so the convenience of having one remote, just to start the tunes and control volume is great.

Thanks again,

Wirenut
Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
All,

The HD100 porting is completed as well as the HD200 and they are both working pretty well, along with some other bugs introduced by the remote support which I've discovered and fixed.

Regarding the HD100 I do have a question which I kindly like to know your opinion please. Basically on the HD100 only the "Power" and "Home" buttons have their behavior swapped in respect to the HD200 & HD300, so would you like having the HD100 buttons behaving the same as the big brothers for the sake of consistency (in particular in mixed environment) or you're not particularly bothered? Please let me know ASAP.

And generally speaking, how are you guys getting on with the remote control? Useful, useless, WAF, should I spend my time looking after my garden instead ? Please let me know whether you have other remote control functionality you would like to see next.

Thanks
Eddy

I'm fine with the HD100 buttons as they are and am perfectly fine with the remote as-is (very useful). I can't comment on the WAF - things have been really crazy around here (we just moved my wife's 95 year old aunt in with us) so it will be awhile before she is even aware of it.

Personally, I think you deserve to spend some time in your garden (assuming that is what you like); for me, that would be a punishment

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up FREE UNLIMITED TRIAL MODE AVAILABLE

From now on the Squeezeslave player is supporting the unlimited trial mode scheme.

What that mean is that you can now have the chance of trying everything about the Squeezeslave player including the remote control functionality on any of your extenders for as long as you like. The only real difference between trial and licensed mode is the maximum number of seconds (30) you can listen to any song before the playback stops automatically.

The trial mode will be an opportunity to existing single license users to experiment with multiple room synchronization and to new potential users to have a better understanding and appreciation of the system and how can dramatically improve your music listening experience by using your current investments.

After installing the new release, you will see all your available extenders listed in the plugin configuration page whereby any unlicensed extender will clearly have the "TRIAL MODE" added to the name.

Regarding synchronization please be aware that, unless rare circumstances, PC based Squeeze players like SoftSqueeze & SqueezePlay will not sync properly when used in conjunction with any original Squeezebox player and the Squeezeslave player, conversely the Squeezeslave player will seemingly integrate with any existing original Squeezebox player in your network. This is apparently a well known and documented issue which is due to the lack of PC based sound cards to generate consistent and accurate time stamp which is required by the Logitech Media Server to keep all the players in perfect sync.

The new software has been released, your journey starts here

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 08-03-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Release available
Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Sage Icon

WOL?

I was wondering whether you guys are running your Squeeze Server (Logitech Media Server) on a machine that can benefit from a WOL packet being sent by the Squeezeslave player. Also whether you're interested to the WOL being sent for normal SageTV usage from all the extenders (not just the HD300) as well.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 08-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I was wondering whether you guys are running your Squeeze Server (Logitech Media Server) on a machine that can benefit from a WOL packet being sent by the Squeezeslave player. Also whether you're interested to the WOL being sent for normal SageTV usage from all the extenders (not just the HD300) as well.

Thanks
Eddy
My Squeeze server is different than my Sage server and it is on 24 - 7. It would be nice for my HD100s to be able to wake the Sage server, but unless it is really easy for you to do, I wouldn't bother.

I still haven't had much time to enjoy my Squeeze Slaves, but that should change this weekend.

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
My Squeeze server is different than my Sage server and it is on 24 - 7. It would be nice for my HD100s to be able to wake the Sage server, but unless it is really easy for you to do, I wouldn't bother.
Thanks for your feedback Wayne, you made me think that maybe a separate plugin "Wake On Line" would be a better option after all...

Old 08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Pure Digital Audio Output

I've just completed the porting of the pure digital audio output mechanism for the MediaMVP and I'm very pleased with the result, the sound clarity and details are awesome!

When back from vacation I'll complete the two outstanding porting so every extender will benefit from the new mechanism.

Eddy

Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've just completed the porting of the pure digital audio output mechanism for the MediaMVP and I'm very pleased with the result, the sound clarity and details are awesome!

When back from vacation I'll complete the two outstanding porting so every extender will benefit from the new mechanism.

Eddy
Does this mean that the audio on the HD300 will work via HDMI? That would be great!

Have a great vacation.

Wayne
Old 08-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
Does this mean that the audio on the HD300 will work via HDMI? That would be great!
No, the PDAO has nothing to do with the HDMI support, but it is a different mechanism to control the audio volume level by using the high precision digital mixer on board of the extenders instead of the software interpolation method which alters the original digital audio wave form.

I started to look into the HDMI support while ago, but it is bloody difficult as you need to identify and support the different HDMI transmitters on board of the HDx00, also I'm not sure whether the PCM audio output is mandatory to be DHCP or can be unencrypted...

Eddy

Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Sage Icon

How's the trial going?

It's been a while since the trial mode for the Squeezeslave plugin was added and because it has been very quiet around here, (well, in the whole forum really), I was wondering how things are going...

Do you find the player useful? Are you enjoying your SageTV extender's dual life?

Please feel free to post questions and support requests here. I forgot to say it before, but support is provided in trial mode as well...

Take care
Eddy

Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still enjoying it. I mainly use iPeng to control my HD200 in the den when I go in to "music mode" in the house. I've got a mixture of the old Squeeebox Receivers (5) hardwired in to 4 zone Knoll amp and an old AudioSource amp in the garage. Unfortunately, my den HD200 is not line of sight, so I haven't made significant use of the IR remote control functionality (other than to show off for my friends).
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
I'm still enjoying it. I mainly use iPeng to control my HD200 in the den when I go in to "music mode" in the house. I've got a mixture of the old Squeeebox Receivers (5) hardwired in to 4 zone Knoll amp and an old AudioSource amp in the garage. Unfortunately, my den HD200 is not line of sight, so I haven't made significant use of the IR remote control functionality (other than to show off for my friends).
Are you running your squeeze network in sync mode?

Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Thanks
Eddy
I just saw this, I have HD200 and HD100s and would love to have WOL functionality implemented so my Sage/Squeeze server/desktop can finally sleep at night, and be expected to wake when needed for music or TV.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloj View Post
I just saw this, I have HD200 and HD100s and would love to have WOL functionality implemented so my Sage/Squeeze server/desktop can finally sleep at night, and be expected to wake when needed for music or TV.
Are you keeping your HDxxx in stand by during the night as well? Is more SageTV WOL functionaliy you're interested on or Squeezeslave or both?

I still have to decide whether is worthwhile to make a separate plugin for WOL or include in Squeezeslave as there are pros and cons on both solutions.

Eddy

Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Sage Icon

WOL

Starting from the next release the Squeezeslave player will support Wake-On-Lan packet sent from the following extenders:

- MediaMVP
- HD100
- HD200
- HD300

Although the HD300 has already a WOL mechanism in place, this will be different as the WOL will be sent immediately after the extender exits from Squeezeslave mode allowing fast SageTV startup via the "Home" button as well.

For the time being this mechanism assumes that your LMS is running on the same machine as your SageTV server app.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-11-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you running your squeeze network in sync mode?
I hadn't included the den until you asked this question. Just tried adding the den (HD200) to the kitchen (SBR) and dining (SBR) group and noticed a slight delay (sounds like echo). I'll have to search the squeeze forums for the player adjustment to reduce the delay.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
I hadn't included the den until you asked this question. Just tried adding the den (HD200) to the kitchen (SBR) and dining (SBR) group and noticed a slight delay (sounds like echo). I'll have to search the squeeze forums for the player adjustment to reduce the delay.
Visit your LMS web server, then Settings -> Player Tab -> Select the player -> Synchronize Tab, what you need to adjust is the Player Audio/Start delay to match the player leader...and a bit of patience

Last edited by routerunner; 09-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Tags
ipeng, remote, squeeze center, squeezebox, squeezeslave