SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?
Yes, please 7 70.00%
No, thanks 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I do have a question about volume, however. I have to set my amp/receiver really high to get acceptable volume - much higher than if i have my phone, for example, plugged into the same amp via a 3.5mm to phono plug.
The MediaMVP has definitively a lower analogue output level compared to the other extenders, but not that much and the hardware mixer level is set to the maximum allowed (1.0dB gain) already, also a part from the volume level (which the player interpolates) that you can adjust in the Squeeze center there nothing else, sorry. Are you sure your amp/receiver input gain is not set too low? Does your amp/receiver support S/PDIF?

There are other users of the Squeezeslave plugin for MediaMVP and none of them reported any issue with the audio level so far...

Quote:
Also, i am getting a couple of "chimpmunk" stations.
In the Squeezeslave v2 announcement thread there is a section regarding known issues and what you are experiencing is currently listed there. Anything that is not currently broadcast at 44.100Hz will have this effect.
Despite I rewrote a good portion of the player there is a specific rather stupid limitation on that which I'm planning to remove at some point, but because it is such an unusual circumstance (sorry, you've been particularly unfortunate to get two stations ) is, at the moment, quite a low priority for me as I have more important and exciting features in the pipeline...

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
The MediaMVP has definitively a lower analogue output level compared to the other extenders, but not that much and the hardware mixer level is set to the maximum allowed (1.0dB gain) already, also a part from the volume level (which the player interpolates) that you can adjust in the Squeeze center there nothing else, sorry. Are you sure your amp/receiver input gain is not set too low? Does your amp/receiver support S/PDIF?
I think that the amp is set correctly, but i'll double check. The amp does support S/PDIF, but the MVP doesn't. I have two, and I think the one I grabbed to get the MAC address from was the one without digital out. I guess I'll just have to get another license and try it on digital!

Quote:
In the Squeezeslave v2 announcement thread there is a section regarding known issues and what you are experiencing is currently listed there. Anything that is not currently broadcast at 44.100Hz will have this effect.
OK, thanks. I'll look around to see if I can get those stations broadcast at 44.1 versus whatever they are in the links I posted.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, thanks. I'll look around to see if I can get those stations broadcast at 44.1 versus whatever they are in the links I posted.
FWIW, I'd vote +1 to fixing the chipmunking. I get chipmunking on a couple of stations I like as well and it's a bummer. If there's anything that can be done to fix it, I'd be thrilled!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think that the amp is set correctly, but i'll double check. The amp does support S/PDIF, but the MVP doesn't. I have two, and I think the one I grabbed to get the MAC address from was the one without digital out. I guess I'll just have to get another license and try it on digital!
The headers to get the S/PDIF out from your MediaMVP are there already on the PCB...just google around for mods to get the signal out and if you know how to use a solder then it should be rather easy...

I'm saying this against my interest of course

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 06-04-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
FWIW, I'd vote +1 to fixing the chipmunking. I get chipmunking on a couple of stations I like as well and it's a bummer. If there's anything that can be done to fix it, I'd be thrilled!
I didn't realize it was such a big deal...why you didn't say anything before? Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done unless substantial changes to the player which I have planned already...just not now.

If there is anyone else screaming out for that being fixed sooner rather than later please say so...if you never ask you never get

Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The headers to get the S/PDIF out from your MediaMVP are there already on the PCB...just google around for mods to get the signal out and if you know how to use a solder then it should be rather easy...
Matt,

this is what I was talking about:

http://home.xnet.com/~stuart/images/...vp/index.shtml

however the mod is for the optical S/PDIF, here in Europe the MVP comes with standard (not TOSLINK) S/PDIF...

hope it helps

Eddy

Old 06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Server required?

Hello,

hmm, I'm thinking about getting my MVPs to work again...
I have a question: Is the SageTV Server Software needed after the MVP loaded its firmware? Or is it really like a Squeezebox Receiver that only talks to the Logitech Media Server?

Sorry, if this is a dumb question...

Thanks
Eyk

Clients: HD200, MediaMVP
Capture Cards: Technotrend Budget S-1500 (DVB-S)

STVi for XMLTV icons

Last edited by ehanekla; 06-06-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanekla View Post
Hello,

hmm, I'm thinking about getting my MVPs to work again...
I have a question: Is the SageTV Server Software needed after the MVP loaded its firmware? Or is it really like a Squeezebox Player that only talks to the Logitech Media Server?

Sorry, if this is a dumb question...

Thanks
Eyk
No, it is not a dumb question, I recall you are one of the v1.0 user, when the software was uploaded via batch file and you suggested some location in the cloud to put the player software...

You need a working SageTV V7 server running in order to upload the squeezeslave player and then your extender will behave exactly like a Squeezebox and therefore it will only use the Logitech Squeeze center as any another Squeezebox device.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No, it is not a dumb question, I recall you are one of the v1.0 user, when the software was uploaded via batch file and you suggested some location in the cloud to put the player software...

You need a working SageTV V7 server running in order to upload the squeezeslave player and then your extender will behave exactly like a Squeezebox and therefore it will only use the Logitech Squeeze center as any another Squeezebox device.
Thanks for your quick answer! Yes that was back with my HD200! Now I have a "real" squeezebox at that place, but I could add some players to other rooms...

I think I will give it a try...
Eyk

Clients: HD200, MediaMVP
Capture Cards: Technotrend Budget S-1500 (DVB-S)

STVi for XMLTV icons
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanekla View Post
Thanks for your quick answer! Yes that was back with my HD200! Now I have a "real" squeezebox at that place, but I could add some players to other rooms...

I think I will give it a try...
Eyk
You wont be disappointed, the MediaMVP is my favorite porting and works pretty well. A lot of people, I think, underestimates the power of that little gem and the good use they could make as a Squeezebox player...and I've got many surprises for the future...so stay tuned!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Sage Icon

v2.1.0 is HERE!!!

Just in case you missed it

Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just wanted to post how happy I am with Routerunner’s (Eddy) squeezeslave plugin. Let me start out by saying that Eddy has gone above and beyond in helping me through my technical issues. The first issue was a pesky windows 7 firewall issue that was documented in this thread. The second issue was poor audio quality from the SPDIF connection, Eddy promptly corrected this issue several months ago. My last issue was the death of my HD300. It currently boots to the SageTV logo screen and then stops. This is where Eddy went above and beyond, he spent countless hours on the phone, chatting, and telneting into my HD300 trying to resolve this issue…an issue that wasn’t even his to solve. After Eddy exhausted all options he suggested that I contact SageTV to see if they could assist. After several emails from SageTV, they indicated that the unit was defective and out of warranty so I had no other recourse. The whole time Eddy was checking in with me and saying…I have one more thing to try, he just wouldn’t let it go Then he offered to create a custom version of the plugin so my HD300 could still be used as a squeeze player. The custom plugin works great and I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks Eddy!

Dan
Old 06-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
I just wanted to post how happy I am with Routerunner’s (Eddy) squeezeslave plugin. Let me start out by saying that Eddy has gone above and beyond in helping me through my technical issues. The first issue was a pesky windows 7 firewall issue that was documented in this thread. The second issue was poor audio quality from the SPDIF connection, Eddy promptly corrected this issue several months ago. My last issue was the death of my HD300. It currently boots to the SageTV logo screen and then stops. This is where Eddy went above and beyond, he spent countless hours on the phone, chatting, and telneting into my HD300 trying to resolve this issue…an issue that wasn’t even his to solve. After Eddy exhausted all options he suggested that I contact SageTV to see if they could assist. After several emails from SageTV, they indicated that the unit was defective and out of warranty so I had no other recourse. The whole time Eddy was checking in with me and saying…I have one more thing to try, he just wouldn’t let it go Then he offered to create a custom version of the plugin so my HD300 could still be used as a squeeze player. The custom plugin works great and I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks Eddy!

Dan
Thank you very much for your feedback Dan. Also, I would like to add that the time spent with Dan's broken unit allowed me to find a way to support older HD300 firmware as well, in fact the broken unit was in such a state that upgrading to a different firmware wasn't possible any more.

If your HD300 has an old firmware and you don't want to upgrade, but still like the idea to use the Squeezeslave player, why don't you pay a visit to the plugin announcement thread and follow the simple instructions, maybe you'll have a chance

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 06-08-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?

Hi All,

please vote your interest in having the "Try before you buy" option for this plugin.

You'll be able to upload and try for an unlimited amount of time the plugin to any of the following extenders and in any combination you like:
  • MediaMVP
  • STX-HD100
  • STP-HD200
  • STP-HD300
The trial mode will expire by purchasing one or more licenses and the only difference to the license mode would be the reduced amount of time you can play a track before it automatically stops, simple like that

Thanks
Eddy

PS: I moved here the poll from the announcement thread as it is not possible for users to vote there. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused, but I didn't know about it, sorry.

Last edited by routerunner; 06-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Eddy,

Trial is a great idea. I know I was hesitant to purchase the license without knowing how and if it was going to work. So far its been working great...the big test will be in the next couple of days when I turn my wife loose on it...that will be the real test!

Dan
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd buy if the mutual exclusion thing was optional on the devices that could support running like that (HD300 I believe)...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'd buy if the mutual exclusion thing was optional on the devices that could support running like that (HD300 I believe)...
I'm terribly sorry Fuzzy, but unfortunately your requested feature cannot be implemented as starting from the next release the Squeezeslave player can be controlled by using several IR remote control and therefore needs exclusive access to the hardware.

Eddy

Old 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry Fuzzy, but unfortunately your requested feature cannot be implemented as starting from the next release the Squeezeslave player can be controlled by using several IR remote control and therefore needs exclusive access to the hardware.

Eddy
Yeah, I figured that was going to be the answer. Just a shame to have to run it without a local UI. I was hoping to at some point (when time allows) to write a squeeze ui for sage, but if it can't be used where it is actually playing back, it's kind of pointless.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-14-2012, 04:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, I figured that was going to be the answer. Just a shame to have to run it without a local UI. I was hoping to at some point (when time allows) to write a squeeze ui for sage, but if it can't be used where it is actually playing back, it's kind of pointless.
When I started this project it was clear in my mind that any sort of SageTV UI wouldn't be necessary as this is the closest you can get to a Squeezebox Receiver and therefore designed to be controlled by third party application which is basically what every current user of my plugin does.

However, I personally don't have any of those iOS/Android application as I don't have a mobile phone/iPod/iPad myself so I'm controlling mine via the web UI which does the job, but to be fair is a bit clunky. For this reason I started to develop the IR remote support (which doesn't need any UI to work providing you have a playlist in place already) so that I can control my Squeezeslave player via simple button press on my remote without the need to switch on any device to perform operations like turning the volume up/down or changing track and is so convenient that you'll find yourself using it quite a lot. Of course the IR remote support is a complement to third party application which will still work as expected, so don't panic.

Details on how the Squeezeslave remote control support works will be published soon in the announcement thread where I'll attach a PDF showing all the buttons and the remote control devices currently enabled.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 06-14-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi routerrunner.

First, thanks! We love the squeezeplayer addon for our HD200 extender, we use it all the time. Great stuff.

The one problem I have is with a particular radio station feed I listen too for my morning show entertainment. It seems only with this one station, you can search for it under Internet radio on the Squeezecenter web control page. Search for WBZA Rochester, NY or 98.9 The Buzz, it's the same station. It seems to have the "Chipmunk Audio" each time I try to play it on my HD200. Again, everything else plays fine. I don't have any other extenders to try it on. It does play on my pc fine with softsqueeze player. I realize you're on another continent, so maybe you can't even tune this station... not sure.

Just wondering if you could take a look at what the deal is with this stream, and maybe have fix for it. I have tried cycling power to the extender and rebooting, etc. It used to play okay a few versions of squeezeplayer ago. It seems like it recently got screwed up in one of the last releases... not sure.

Again, thanks.

Wirenut

Tags
ipeng, remote, squeeze center, squeezebox, squeezeslave