SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?
Yes, please 7 70.00%
No, thanks 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrel View Post
Hi

I put the file in the sagetv directory, and restarted the server, but it is still showing as 'not compatible'.

Details about squeezeslave are still present in the original xml file - presumably, the info in the initial sagetvplugins.xml takes priority over the sagetvplugins dev.xml?

Lee
Hi Lee,

I can assure you that the Dev xml file has higher priority over the standard plugin xml, I'm using this method all the time to test my plugin before a release as it is designed for this kind of circumstances.

However I think it doesn't show the new file as the system compares the version and if the same it will not show. A new file in attachment for you to try.

Try the file it should report "Special version for Lee" in the release notes.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 06-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi

I put the file in the sagetv directory, and restarted the server, but it is still showing as 'not compatible'.

Details about squeezeslave are still present in the original xml file - presumably, the info in the initial sagetvplugins.xml takes priority over the sagetvplugins dev.xml?

Lee
Another thing I noticed yesterday, but forgot to mention to you is the fact that your version of SageMC has a dependency to sagex-api v7.1.9.3 and this is really odd as that sagex-api version is designed for SageTV 7.1.9. I'm wondering whether the problem you're experiencing that prevents you to upgrade to SageTV v7.1.9 has and underlying issue you weren't aware of or even the plugin developer doesn't know about.

The file I sent to you is a hack and I personally don't like hacks, what you should do is to contact the SageMC developer/s and ask them to fix the issue, that is the correct way to proceed IMHO.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I'm wondering whether the problem you're experiencing that prevents you to upgrade to SageTV v7.1.9 has and underlying issue you weren't aware of or even the plugin developer doesn't know about.

The file I sent to you is a hack and I personally don't like hacks, what you should do is to contact the SageMC developer/s and ask them to fix the issue, that is the correct way to proceed IMHO.

Eddy
I can't remember the specifics, but the problem relates to how metadata was read/labelled as there was a change somewhere between 7.0.23 and 7.19. But SageMC is pretty much dead now - it's just that until Sage7 plugins do everything I need them to do, I'm stuck with SageMC and my hacks (I have a similar hack for TVExplorer). Eventually, it will bite me on the backside, but I don't need to install any further plugins and my system is stable...

As for Squeezeslave, your new dev file did enable me to install. In the UI it seems like it has installed ok, but in the configuration page I don't see any extenders listed - is that an error, or is it because of the license issue?

I've looked through the log, and a couple of things make me uncertain:

"SageTVPlugin[squeezeslaveplayer state=Failed name=Squeezeslave Player version=2.0.0 type=Library desc=This is the Squeezeslave Player plugin which runs on a SageTV extender - no need to install separately. "
and
"SageTVPlugin[telnet state=Failed name=Telnet Protocol version=1.0.3 type=Library desc=Provides Telnet protocol support for the SageTV Media Extender family - no need to install separately. "

However, given that seemingly every one of my plugins has one of these failure notices, including ones I know(?) are working, I'm presuming it's nothing serious (or my system is in more trouble than I thought!).

So, is the lack of extender in the list, just because of the license?

Lee
Old 03-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I can't remember the specifics, but the problem relates to how metadata was read/labelled as there was a change somewhere between 7.0.23 and 7.19. But SageMC is pretty much dead now - it's just that until Sage7 plugins do everything I need them to do, I'm stuck with SageMC and my hacks (I have a similar hack for TVExplorer). Eventually, it will bite me on the backside, but I don't need to install any further plugins and my system is stable...

As for Squeezeslave, your new dev file did enable me to install. In the UI it seems like it has installed ok, but in the configuration page I don't see any extenders listed - is that an error, or is it because of the license issue?

I've looked through the log, and a couple of things make me uncertain:

"SageTVPlugin[squeezeslaveplayer state=Failed name=Squeezeslave Player version=2.0.0 type=Library desc=This is the Squeezeslave Player plugin which runs on a SageTV extender - no need to install separately. "
and
"SageTVPlugin[telnet state=Failed name=Telnet Protocol version=1.0.3 type=Library desc=Provides Telnet protocol support for the SageTV Media Extender family - no need to install separately. "

However, given that seemingly every one of my plugins has one of these failure notices, including ones I know(?) are working, I'm presuming it's nothing serious (or my system is in more trouble than I thought!).

So, is the lack of extender in the list, just because of the license?

Lee
The failure could be the fact that you need to restart the server, then look inside the installed plugin list for "Squeezeslave Player" plugin and "Telnet" plugin to see whether they've been reported as installed properly.

After that please check the log again for "Squeezeslave" messages, you should see a message like "Squeezeslave: Warning no license file found, no extender will be registered.", that is the proof that the plugin has been installed properly, but you need to purchase the license.

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The failure could be the fact that you need to restart the server, then look inside the installed plugin list for "Squeezeslave Player" plugin and "Telnet" plugin to see whether they've been reported as installed properly.

After that please check the log again for "Squeezeslave" messages, you should see a message like "Squeezeslave: Warning no license file found, no extender will be registered.", that is the proof that the plugin has been installed properly, but you need to purchase the license.

Eddy

OK, in the log both squeezeslave player and telnet show as 'failed' (I've counted up - 24 of my 29 plugins list as failed. I don't want to open that can of worms). Squeezeslave actually is one of the 5 showing as enabled!! And, yes, in the log I have the following:

"Sun 3/25 11:39:20.416 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Squeezeslave: Warning no license file found, no extender will be registered."

So, all seems good. Off to Ebay now.

Many thanks, I really appreciate the time you've offered.

lee
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, in the log both squeezeslave player and telnet show as 'failed' (I've counted up - 24 of my 29 plugins list as failed. I don't want to open that can of worms). Squeezeslave actually is one of the 5 showing as enabled!! And, yes, in the log I have the following:

"Sun 3/25 11:39:20.416 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Squeezeslave: Warning no license file found, no extender will be registered."

So, all seems good. Off to Ebay now.

Many thanks, I really appreciate the time you've offered.

lee
I just wanted everybody know that "syrel" bought two licenses despite he needed only one to help the charity I'm sponsoring.

WELL DONE SYREL

Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

re: Squeezeslave and Windows Firewall

To all Windows users, I've updated the Squeezeslave user guide with some important extra information regarding this plugin and the Windows Firewall here.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I just wanted everybody know that "syrel" bought two licenses despite he needed only one to help the charity I'm sponsoring.

WELL DONE SYREL
No problem; I think that's a fair reflection not just of the amount of work that you put in to designing this plugin but also your willingness to help individuals gettingit up and running.

Which leads me to...

I can't get squeezeserver to see the player. I suspect I'm not doing something right.

1. I've put the license.txt in the \sagetv\plugins\squeezeslaveplayer directory
2. I've restarted the server and enabled/disabled the plugin for good measure

I have tried this with both the HD300 turned on and turned off, but I can't seem to get anywhere.

On the 'configure plugin' page, I have two options - the IP address of the squeezeserver (left to AUTO) and the ftp server (I have tried both true and false here. I do have an ftp server running on this machine, but it uses a different port to 21, so I suspect leaving it to true is better).

There is nothing else on the configure plugin page.

The following is ALL of the log that mentions squeezeslave/telnet:
Code:
"Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;JARs\activation.jar;JARs\ant.jar;JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar;JARs\commons-dbutils-1.3.jar;JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar;JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar;JARs\commons-lang-2.4.jar;JARs\commons-net-1.4.1.jar;JARs\core-3.1.1.jar;JARs\df_sageutils.jar;JARs\dom4j-1.6.1.jar;JARs\flux.jar;JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar;JARs\htmlparser-1.6.jar;JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar;JARs\jdic.jar;JARs\jetty-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jetty-starter.jar;JARs\jetty-util-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar;JARs\jsp-2.1.jar;JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar;JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar;JARs\lucene-core-3.0.1.jar;JARs\mail.jar;JARs\mailcheck.jar;JARs\nielm_getrssnews.jar;JARs\nielm_sageimdb.jar;JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar;JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar;JARs\nielm_sagewebserver.jar;JARs\nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar;JARs\phoenix.jar;JARs\sagemc.jar;JARs\sageortus.jar;JARs\sagex-api.jar;JARs\sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar;JARs\servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar;JARs\servlet.jar;JARs\squeezeslave.jar;JARs\telnet.jar;JARs\vecmath.jar

Sun 3/25 12:58:56.005 [SageTV@4aa0ce] CorePluginManager is checking plugin: telnet type: Library version: 1.0.3 by: routerunner
Sun 3/25 12:58:55.992 [SageTV@4aa0ce] CorePluginManager is checking plugin: squeezeslave type: Standard version: 2.0.2 by: routerunner
Sun 3/25 12:58:55.993 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Plugin squeezeslave is enabled, try to load it from class: Squeezeslave

SageTVPlugin[telnet state=Failed name=Telnet Protocol version=1.0.3 type=Library desc=Provides Telnet protocol support for the SageTV Media Extender family - no need to install separately. author=routerunner screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/24/2012 installed=3/25/2012 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[Java minVer=1.5 type=JVM], PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=7.0 type=Core]] packages=null],

SageTVPlugin[squeezeslave state=Enabled name=Squeezeslave version=2.0.2 type=Standard desc=Allows to add Squeezeslave functionality to a SageTV extender (MediaMVP/HDx00). When enabled the extender can switch to a fully fledged headless Squeezebox player. author=routerunner screenshots=null videos=null modified=3/24/2012 installed=3/25/2012 resPath= webpages=null implementation=Squeezeslave desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[Java minVer=1.5 type=JVM], PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=7.0 type=Core], PluginDependency[telnet minVer=1.0.1 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[sagex-api minVer=7.1.9.3 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[squeezeslaveplayer minVer=2.0.0 type=Plugin]] packages=null],

SageTVPlugin[squeezeslaveplayer state=Failed name=Squeezeslave Player version=2.0.0 type=Library desc=This is the Squeezeslave Player plugin which runs on a SageTV extender - no need to install separately. author=routerunner screenshots=null videos=null modified=3/15/2012 installed=3/25/2012 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null],

Sun 3/25 12:58:57.047 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Moving starting of plugin Squeezeslave to after Telnet Protocol because of its dependency on it.
Sun 3/25 12:58:57.102 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Moving starting of plugin Squeezeslave to after sagex-api - SageTV API Extensions because of its dependency on it.
Sun 3/25 12:58:57.104 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Moving starting of plugin Squeezeslave to after Squeezeslave Player because of its dependency on it.
Sun 3/25 12:59:01.480 [SageTV@4aa0ce] Calling start on plugin: Squeezeslave"
That's it - no other mentions of squeeze/telnet.

Windows Firewall is off.

The only thing my untrained eyes see is that there is no call to start either the telnet or the squeezeslaveplayer plugins - should there be.

Any suggestions?

thanks

lee
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

If this is a dead end - is there any way that I can ftp the relevant files onto the hd300 myself?

lee
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If this is a dead end - is there any way that I can ftp the relevant files onto the hd300 myself?

lee
Hi Lee,

sorry, I' m a bit in a rush today....

Don't worry about the FreeFTP is only necessary for the MediaMVP, do you see your registered extender in the Squeezeslave configuration page? If so needs to be enabled. You wont see the Squeezeslave Player plugin start method invoked as that is the software the runs on the extender.

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Lee,

sorry, I' m a bit in a rush today....

Don't worry about the FreeFTP is only necessary for the MediaMVP, do you see your registered extender in the Squeezeslave configuration page? If so needs to be enabled. You wont see the Squeezeslave Player plugin start method invoked as that is the software the runs on the extender.

Eddy
No problem. I don't think it's going to get done today, somehow.

When I go to the configuration page, the only two options I see are about IP address and ftp server.

I have a 'spare' installation of 7.19 that I sometimes use for testing plugins and checking out the v7 UI. So I ran that instead of my normal installation, installed squeezeslave and the license. Hey presto, I see the HD300 listed on the configuration page.

However, even when I set the HD300 upload setting to true, I cannot get my squeezeserver sotware (actually Logitech Media Server v7.7.1 - does that matter?) to recognise the hd300 as a player. I've restarted the service and restarted the hd300 - what else do I need to do? How long should I be waiting?

Don't worry if you don't have time to reply today.

Lee
Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
No problem. I don't think it's going to get done today, somehow.

When I go to the configuration page, the only two options I see are about IP address and ftp server.

I have a 'spare' installation of 7.19 that I sometimes use for testing plugins and checking out the v7 UI. So I ran that instead of my normal installation, installed squeezeslave and the license. Hey presto, I see the HD300 listed on the configuration page.
This is what expected. I think that the Telnet plugin required to detect you extender didn't start up properly. As I said before this is a hack and the fact that you have so may plugins with failure starts is not going to be good....

Quote:
However, even when I set the HD300 upload setting to true, I cannot get my squeezeserver sotware (actually Logitech Media Server v7.7.1 - does that matter?) to recognise the hd300 as a player. I've restarted the service and restarted the hd300 - what else do I need to do? How long should I be waiting?
When you enabled the extender, then press the power button on you Sage remote to switch the extender off, then you have to wait about 30 seconds, then the player gets uploaded into the unit and available in the squeeze network. I've got the same squeeze server version 7.7.1. You can access the player via the Squeeze Web Server UI.

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
When you enabled the extender, then press the power button on you Sage remote to switch the extender off, then you have to wait about 30 seconds, then the player gets uploaded into the unit and available in the squeeze network. I've got the same squeeze server version 7.7.1. You can access the player via the Squeeze Web Server UI.

Eddy
That's what I expected, but nothing happens. Plugin configured correctly (in 7.19). Turn on extender (have tried turning on both with the home button and the red button), check the upload option is set to true. Turn off the extender (with power button), but nothing changes in squeeze centre - still telling me that I don't have any players attached.

Lee
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's what I expected, but nothing happens. Plugin configured correctly (in 7.19). Turn on extender (have tried turning on both with the home button and the red button), check the upload option is set to true. Turn off the extender (with power button), but nothing changes in squeeze centre - still telling me that I don't have any players attached.

Lee
Sometimes is takes awhile before your player will show up in the squeeze center, did you refresh the web page?

can you please telnet into the unit, type "cd /tmp/nfs/" followed by "ls" do you see some files?

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sometimes is takes awhile before your player will show up in the squeeze center, did you refresh the web page?

can you please telnet into the unit, type "cd /tmp/nfs/" followed by "ls" do you see some files?

Eddy
Yes, waited good 10 mins, and still not there now.

I've telnetted in - I logged in as root, is that correct?

Once I've logged in, I type cd /tmp/nfs/ but get 'no such file or directory'

Lee
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, waited good 10 mins, and still not there now.

I've telnetted in - I logged in as root, is that correct?

Once I've logged in, I type cd /tmp/nfs/ but get 'no such file or directory'

Lee
Which Windows version you're running?
Have you got two SageTV server version installed on the same machine?
Are you running the SageTV server in service mode?
Can you see the Squeezeslaveplayer plugin installed under the SageTV server v7.1.9, it should be in "SageTV\SageTV\plugins\squeezeslaveplayer" the directory should contain:

2.6.16.1 (folder)
2.6.30-sigma (folder)
2.6.33-5-sigma (folder)
FreeFTP.exe
FreeNFS.exe

Can you see the FreeFTP and FreeNFS services running under processes list in Task Manager?

Also I'm assuming you have a fully firmware updated HD200/HD300

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Which Windows version you're running?
Have you got two SageTV server version installed on the same machine?
Are you running the SageTV server in service mode?
Can you see the Squeezeslaveplayer plugin installed under the SageTV server v7.1.9, it should be in "SageTV\SageTV\plugins\squeezeslaveplayer" the directory should contain:

2.6.16.1 (folder)
2.6.30-sigma (folder)
2.6.33-5-sigma (folder)
FreeFTP.exe
FreeNFS.exe

Can you see the FreeFTP and FreeNFS services running under processes list in Task Manager?

Also I'm assuming you have a fully firmware updated HD200/HD300

Eddy
1. Windows 7
2. Yes, but never running at the same time. I occasionally stop the service and switch between the versions (ie rename the directory 'SageTV' to 'Sage 7023' and do the reverse for 'Sage 719')
3. Yes, service mode
4. Yes, all files in the right directory
5. Yes, both processes running under task manager
6. Firmware - quite probably not. I've avoided upgrading the fw as I don't want to brick an irreplacable machine. Fw is 20101008-0. Do you think that could be the issue?

lee
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1. Windows 7
2. Yes, but never running at the same time. I occasionally stop the service and switch between the versions (ie rename the directory 'SageTV' to 'Sage 7023' and do the reverse for 'Sage 719')
3. Yes, service mode
4. Yes, all files in the right directory
5. Yes, both processes running under task manager
6. Firmware - quite probably not. I've avoided upgrading the fw as I don't want to brick an irreplacable machine. Fw is 20101008-0. Do you think that could be the issue?

lee
I sent you an email...

Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It's a possibility...however please log into the unit and type "uname -r". Also you have this, "manual" switch between SageTV version I'm worry about, in particular I have the fear that the NFS server has been registered against the wrong user or its settings not stored correctly...

Eddy

Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just wanted to let everyone know that Routerunner went above and beyond in troubleshooting the problems I was having with this plugin. It turns out all of the issues were on my end. Basically what happened was my windows firewall was blocking the freenfs.exe program. Once I went in to the Win 7 control panel and allowed this application to have access to my network and the internet (full control)- then a clean reboot after the firewall settings were changed and everything then worked.

Thanks Routerunner for this excellent plugin and the time you spent with me figuring this out! Great Job!

Tags
ipeng, remote, squeeze center, squeezebox, squeezeslave