SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?
Yes, please 7 70.00%
No, thanks 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up Squeezeslave player running without SageTV? Yes, now you can...

More and more people are now leaving SageTV, selling their equipment (mostly HD200/HD300) and moving on, however I increasingly being asked about the possibility to run the Squeezeslave player without being tied to SageTV anymore, in particular, people are keeping their MediaMVP and HD100 and still wanting to run the Squeezeslave player on.

I'm very honored to see you guys still appreciating my work despite what happened to SageTV, so I decided to push the planned standalone Squeezeslave loader project at the top of my priority list and happy to announce its availability very soon.

Of course, the player will still boost the Pure Digital Audio Output mechanism, the Remote Control and the recent Wake-On-LAN feature as you know.

More details soon, please stay tuned...

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I'm very honored to see you guys still appreciating my work despite what happened to SageTV, so I decided to push the planned standalone Squeezeslave loader project at the top of my priority list and happy to announce its availability very soon.
+1

Keep up the good work Eddy
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
More and more people are now leaving SageTV, selling their equipment (mostly HD200/HD300) and moving on, however I increasingly being asked about the possibility to run the Squeezeslave player without being tied to SageTV anymore, in particular, people are keeping their MediaMVP and HD100 and still wanting to run the Squeezeslave player on.

I plan to continue using Sage (and SqueezeSlave) for many more years. In fact, with the addition of WOL for the HD100 and SqueezeSlave in general, I'm loving my Sage setup more than ever. I definitely appreciate your hard (and excellent) work. I seem to remember some time ago hearing from the Sage team that it was not possible to add WOL to the HD100; apparently that wasn't true!

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I seem to remember some time ago hearing from the Sage team that it was not possible to add WOL to the HD100; apparently that wasn't true!
I don't know the details, but it isn't rocket science and if Sage didn't want to implement the WOL on the HD100 and HD200 I reckon it was more for commercial than technical reasons (like not enabling the DTS decoding on the HD200 which BTW should be perfectly capable of...oops)

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 09-22-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Of course, the player will still boost the Pure Digital Audio Output mechanism, the Remote Control and the recent Wake-On-LAN feature as you know.

More details soon, please stay tuned...

Eddy
Yep, is happening right now, please visit the Download section of this forum.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the extra tool Eddy. I'm not sure when or even if I will ever use it, but if I do it will certainly extend the usefulness of my Sage hardware.

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Squeezeslave & Logitech Harmony 670

I wonder whether some of you are controlling my plugin with the Logitech Harmony 670.

One on the plugin's user has a bit of hard time to make it working properly, in particular the Home/Power buttons, and unfortunately I don't have such device myself to help him out.

I will appreciate anyone that is currently using this remote without issues to please chip in and share the procedure to make it working.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I wonder whether some of you are controlling my plugin with the Logitech Harmony 670.

One on the plugin's user has a bit of hard time to make it working properly, in particular the Home/Power buttons, and unfortunately I don't have such device myself to help him out.
Said user here.

I'd like to hear from someone successfully using *any* Harmony remote, as I'm using the unmodified STX-HD200 profile from Logitech's library, and I suspect it works the same with any Harmony remote. As it's sending the same codes as the successfully working Sage remote, I suspect it has something to do with timing or duration of IR signals sent.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'd love to get this running on my system, but am having a problem maybe someone can help me with.

I've got the latest versions of all the software, running this via the plug-in and tried the standalone version and am getting the same result...

I'm able to get the stand alone working, but NOT when the hd300 is in standby, when it's connected to the sagetv box. Then the music plays as expected... the remote's volume does nothing, I adjust using the web interface volume.... the weirder part comes when I hit the power button, the hd300 is locking, nothing works till I pull the power. With the plugin version, I'm just not getting it to show up within the web interface to begin with...

any ideas?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I'd love to get this running on my system, but am having a problem maybe someone can help me with.

I've got the latest versions of all the software, running this via the plug-in and tried the standalone version and am getting the same result...

I'm able to get the stand alone working, but NOT when the hd300 is in standby, when it's connected to the sagetv box. Then the music plays as expected... the remote's volume does nothing, I adjust using the web interface volume.... the weirder part comes when I hit the power button, the hd300 is locking, nothing works till I pull the power. With the plugin version, I'm just not getting it to show up within the web interface to begin with...

any ideas?
The standalone version is designed to work without SageTV, all HDxxx extenders are supported, but the typical scenario is for the MediaMVP as lots of people still have the hardware hanging around unused and the standalone mode is a chance to get the MediaMVP a good use.

If you're still using SageTV then please uninstall the standalone version completely, also because you tried the plugin version together I strongly recommend to start from scratch uninstalling the plugin version as well, then follow the simple plugin installation procedure.

The main difference between the standalone mode and the plugin version is that in the latter you need to enable the player via the plugin configuration page first, whilst in standalone mode you're simply enabling the player straight away, however the two modes cannot cohexist because in standalone mode the power/home buttons are disabled as it assumes no SageTV server to connect to, whilst in plugin mode it uploads special scripts that make the power/home buttons behaving as they should be, so mixing the two just makes no sense and creates strange behaviors like the one you're experiencing.

I hope this helps, but please come back if you have further issues...

Eddy

Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe I'm confusing the situation with my description. I tried the standalone version first. Then when I was getting the lock-up, I restarted everything and tried the plugin version... Is there something to uninstall with the standalone version? I assumed just restarting would be enough, am I missing something? Is there a simple java command to unload the squeezeslaveloader.jar I can do to 'make sure'....
thx in advance!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Maybe I'm confusing the situation with my description. I tried the standalone version first. Then when I was getting the lock-up, I restarted everything and tried the plugin version... Is there something to uninstall with the standalone version? I assumed just restarting would be enough, am I missing something? Is there a simple java command to unload the squeezeslaveloader.jar I can do to 'make sure'....
thx in advance!
You should make sure that you haven't installed the standalone version in the same place as the plugin one which is "<Sage dir>/plugins/squeezeslaveplayer/". The standalone version doesn't install anything extra on your system a part from its files, so there isn't an uninstall procedure if is that you're asking, just remove the directory. Yes, hard power cycle the extender gets rid of the squeezeslave player from memory.

Still, please start again without the standalone version as described above and you'll have the player running, as it should, in no time

Also, there is an installation procedure to follow complete of troubleshooting section in the plugin announcement thread (just click on the "Squeezeslave" link on my signature please).

BTW, which extenders are you tring the software on?

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 11-01-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm working with HD300's. I'll give it a clean try tomorrow and go through the troubleshooting section as well,... though as I said, it was working with the extenders on, so can't see what the firewall setting could be doing.... Thanks for the help, it's an interesting way to use the system!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I think I got it working... but I donno.... I read the known issues now,... no HDMI output? That's not gonna work for me.... I guess with the stand-alone version I was able to get sound out,.. but that was with the extender on, not in standby. Any idea when/if you'll be able to get the hdmi output working? Then I think I'd be all set to buy a few licenses.... Or better yet, just setup as a normal plugin that works with the system on rather than in standby. Really like the idea though, hope it gets to where I can use it, Thx.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, I think I got it working... but I donno.... I read the known issues now,... no HDMI output? That's not gonna work for me.... I guess with the stand-alone version I was able to get sound out,.. but that was with the extender on, not in standby. Any idea when/if you'll be able to get the hdmi output working? Then I think I'd be all set to buy a few licenses.... Or better yet, just setup as a normal plugin that works with the system on rather than in standby. Really like the idea though, hope it gets to where I can use it, Thx.
This is a headless player which implies you don't have to keep the TV on to listen to music and that is the whole point. I suspect you have your HD300 connected via HDMI to an AVR which in turn is connected to your TV? Well, I presume your AVR have at least one S/PDIF input or Analogue input? The majority of my users have connected theirs this way, the volume control is independent from SagetV setting as well as the audio/video output settings which you can keep as they are as I'm not using it. Basically I control the audio chipset independently from SageTV and that is one of the reason why the extender must be on standby, the other reason is because the MediaMVP and the HD100 cannot share audio resources as the HD200/HD300 do, plus many more reasons too long to list here .

Eddy

Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This is a headless player which implies you don't have to keep the TV on to listen to music and that is the whole point. I suspect you have your HD300 connected via HDMI to an AVR which in turn is connected to your TV? Well, I presume your AVR have at least one S/PDIF input or Analogue input?
Understood, but the beauty of using this setup is I don't have to change inputs on the amp.... I just want to leave the input alone. Now I have to try and sort out a switch from 'tv' to 'music'... as well as turn off the hd300 if I want to play music?.... .

I have to say, I'm with Fuzzy on this one, for the hd300's it would be far more useful to me if it was a 'regular' plug-in. You've done a tremendous job with this and I'd love to use it/support it's further development/buy a few licenses, but for my setup of HD300s connected via hdmi to remote amps and in wall/ceiling speakers, running another set of audio out or fiber just isn't an option. My use would be headless, yes, I don't care about controlling it from sage, I like the android app to control the player personally, but I just leave the extenders on so running around to 'switch' them to standby, then switch the amps to the other audio and then when I want to watch tv have to switch everything back is just too much....

Sorry Eddy, but without hdmi support I'll have to pass. Thx for the help!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin vs Standalone

I cannot stress enough that the "plugin" version of the player is intended to be used with SageTV installed and the mutual exclusion mechanism, whereas the "standalone" version is intended to be used WITHOUT SageTV installed or with the SageTV service stopped or at least with the extender ALWAYS in standby mode.

The "standalone" version is NOT DESIGNED to be used when the extender is running the SageTV UI mainly because both software cannot share the system resources properly and a consistent misuse can potentially damage your extender.

Also, both versions are identical in terms of functionalities and both supports the trial mode, but if you're still enjoing SageTV then the "plugin" version is by far the best and 100% safe way to evaluate the software and, in case you don't like it (is a ridiculous idea, I know ), the easyest way to uninstall it from the system.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

I have an unused HD100 I was contemplating using as an audio source. It would never be hooked up to a TV except for initial setup, after that I was hoping to use another mechanism (ie the Squeezebox Android client). I assume that means using the standalone mode right?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
I have an unused HD100 I was contemplating using as an audio source. It would never be hooked up to a TV except for initial setup, after that I was hoping to use another mechanism (ie the Squeezebox Android client). I assume that means using the standalone mode right?
As a general rule:
  • SageTV server running --> Plugin version
  • SageTV server no longer running --> Standalone version
However, if uninstalling SageTV is not an option and you desperately want to use the standalone mode, you must first configure your extender to not connect to your server so that it will permanently stay in standby mode, then you can safely use the standalone version.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 11-08-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up THANK YOU!

We are quickly approaching the end of the year and I just wanted to say a very big massive THANK YOU on behalf of the children of the Charity I'm sponsoring with this software utility. The money I raised selling the licenses helped those children a little bit and to be quite honest with you, nothing is more rewarding than a big smile on a child face .

It has been a very hectic year for me and my small contribution to this community a very rewarding feeling too, therefore thank you for your support and positive feedback, but to keep it going your help is still instrumental...
Merry Christmas and long life to SageTV
Eddy

Tags
ipeng, remote, squeeze center, squeezebox, squeezeslave