SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
Did you do anything for recordings that existed prior to enabling extended_filenames in Sage? (e.g. a batch rename)
I'm sure I could have figured out some sort of batch renaming. AFAIK, the existing batch renamers for SageTV create copies of files rather than renaming them in place. But in the end I just went through and manually renamed all the recordings. While a pain I only had to do it once.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

So is it possible to run the sync tool on a different computer than the sage and plex servers? I'm running both Sage and Plex in their own dockers on an unRAID server. I attempted to download the windows sageplex_sync tool, and am unable to get it to do anything - displays help for everything except -l, and that returns 'Failed to retrieve sections!'

any thoughts?

EDIT: nevermind - I had to add the computer I was running the sync tool on to plex's "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth".

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-25-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
EDIT: nevermind - I had to add the computer I was running the sync tool on to plex's "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth".
I am curious what version of the PLEX server you are running. This didn't work on my Windows PLEX server v1.3.3.3148.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
I am curious what version of the PLEX server you are running. This didn't work on my Windows PLEX server v1.3.3.3148.
I don't know.. most recent I'd guess. IF it's a problem of a remote program accessing a windows service, I'd look first at firewall issues. I always disable firewalls on my windows machines that are on my home network, because the only thing they do is get in the way.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This is due to a REST api change on PLEX side. Previously we can simply query http://localhost:32400/library/sections to retrieve the list of sections. Now this API requires authentication.

Need to look into this and update the code accordingly.

FYI I am also still on v7. It was working perfectly fine until recently when I lost my DVR drive. While troubleshooting I decided it's time to start from a clean state so I reinstalled Windows from scratch. I got SageTV v7 and PLEX up and running without too much trouble. Probably should've gone with v9 but as I was fixing my system I didn't want to change too many variables at once.

Meanwhile this single point of failure (one machine) was bugging me, and I decided to build a second system where I can experiment with stuff without affecting regular SageTV. Put together a new i5 over the holiday break and throw a bunch of disks in there. Still experimenting..

Anyway I haven't actually installed this plugin after rebuilding my system. Just tried it now and getting a failure on installing Jetty Web Server dependency (while installing sagex-services).. Need to figure this out or move to v9 I suppose.
Any progress on this authentication problem!? I am using SageTV V9 and the latest Plex and I get the same error as above:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\sagetv-for-plexmediacenter\plex\synctool\win32>sageplex_sync.exe all -s
Failed to retrieve sections!

Total: 0 videos.

I would really like to sync my SageTV watching with the Plex file system - Thanks for any help.

Dwight
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 01-31-2017, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
Any progress on this authentication problem!? I am using SageTV V9 and the latest Plex and I get the same error as above:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\sagetv-for-plexmediacenter\plex\synctool\win32>sageplex_sync.exe all -s
Failed to retrieve sections!

Total: 0 videos.

I would really like to sync my SageTV watching with the Plex file system - Thanks for any help.

Dwight
Sorry for the delay. I hope to be able to look at this this soon. Does this only affect the sync tool, or is the scanner/bmt agent not working as well? (It's interesting that this is working for Fuzzy, so it might be a setting I am missing somewhere...)

The plugin is not working for me at the moment because I rebuilt my system recently and hasn't figured out how to install the jetty plugin on my V7 sagetv. Going to update to v9 soon...
Old 02-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

As far as I can tell the Scanner/BMT Agent is working correctly - but the SageTV 'watched' status is not getting transferred to Plex at all.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
As far as I can tell the Scanner/BMT Agent is working correctly - but the SageTV 'watched' status is not getting transferred to Plex at all.
Thanks for the update. This is expected because setting the watch status and resume position is using the PLEX REST endpoint (which is not working), but adding media to the library is using internal plugin APIs which should still work.

I think I found a workaround.

On PLEX server, under settings, server, is your server signed in, or unclaimed?

I believe if the server is not signed in (left as unclaimed), then the APIs don't need authentication, like it does before. But if the server is signed in, then all clients needs to be authenticated, even local ones (this was not the case before).

So as a workaround you can sign out on the server if you don't need to access to the media outside of your network.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I've updated the plugin to fix the authentication error.

What you need to do is to specify a token (X-Plex-Token) value during the install, or add it to the sageplex_cfg.json file under plex manually.

You can find the value here:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...n-X-Plex-Token

This will be then used for all queries to the PLEX server. BMT agent should now correctly update the watch status and resume position, and synctool should also work now.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Last edited by wildgoose; 02-05-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Sage Expert

Syncing watch status is working perfectly again for me. Thanks for the update!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you so much. I will work on installing your new plugin.
Appreciate it so much!

Dwight
Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great!

As part of the work I finally upgraded my system to v9 (installed on top of my Windows v7), and was pleasantly surprised there were no drama! Everything just worked, even though my install location is d:, not the default c:. Nice job guys! Should've upgraded sooner
Old 02-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Came across an issue and I don't know if this is part of my problem now.
Running the command line:
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\sagetv-for-plexmediacenter\plex\synctool\win32\sageplex_sync.exe" all -s

Chugs away for a while and then fails on this episode:
Elementary - S05E01 - Folie ā Deux HDTV-720P.mkv

This is the last part of the command screen when it craps out:
Code:
  48739: Folie ? DeuxC:\Program Files\SageTV\sagetv-for-plexmediacenter\plex\synctool\win32\python27.zip\urllib.py:1299: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\devtools\python27\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "c:\devtools\python27\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "sageplex_sync.py", line 806, in <module>
  File "sageplex_sync.py", line 801, in main
  File "sageplex_sync.py", line 544, in mainSync
  File "sageplex_sync.py", line 255, in syncSections
  File "sageplex\plexapi.py", line 231, in walkPlex
  File "sageplex\plexapi.py", line 231, in walkPlex
  File "sageplex\plexapi.py", line 223, in walkPlex
  File "sageplex_sync.py", line 301, in processVideo
  File "sageplex\sagex.py", line 181, in getMediaFileForName
  File "sageplex\sagex.py", line 149, in call
  File "sageplex\sagex.py", line 121, in getApiUrl
  File "c:\devtools\python27\lib\urllib.py", line 1299, in quote
KeyError: u'\xe0'
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your work,
Dwight
Old 02-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Came across an issue and I don't know if this is part of my problem now.
Running the command line:
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\sagetv-for-plexmediacenter\plex\synctool\win32\sageplex_sync.exe" all -s

Chugs away for a while and then fails on this episode:
Elementary - S05E01 - Folie ā Deux HDTV-720P.mkv
It's choking on the filename, not able to construct a URL to query sagetv, probably due to the ā character. I need to look into this and see what I can do about it...

My recordings have names such as these:
Quote:
Elementary-BangBangShootChute-5085092-0.mpg
Elementary-BeMyGuest-5129948-0.mpg
Elementary-CrownedClownDowntownBrown-5139754-0.mpg
You may be able to work around the problem by rename the file and remove the ā character. If that doesn't work move the file somewhere else for the time being to allow the sync to run to the end...
Old 02-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for looking into this - another one of my files had the ellipsis character in the file name:
"Gotham - S03E02 - Mad City- Burn the Witch… DTV-720p.mkv"

Mac OS ellipsis: OPTION + semicolon
Windows ellipsis: ALT + 0133

Not sure if the was scraped and written by BMT or Plex or Sickbeard (now I use Sonarr) - this is the episode name used at TheTVDB.com
https://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&ser...=5654597&lid=7

Also error/died out on this one:
Young & Hungry - S02E18 - Young & Doppelgänger HDTV-720p.mkv

I will have to watch out for these types of filenames for sure!

Renaming them has let the sageplex_sync.exe complete without further errors.

Dwight
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I added some code that I think should fix the issue. I've updated the download. Give it a try and let me know how it works. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Sage Expert

A few times now, the SageTV Plex Sync has just stopped working for me (it gives an error and shows 0 videos).

The Plex token on my Plex server is seemingly changing on it's own. So when it changes, the Plex Sync program can't connect. I have to manually update the Plex token, and then it works fine again.

Has anyone else seen this happening?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Sage Expert

It looks like the x-Plex token I've been using is a temporary one. According to this URL: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...n-X-Plex-Token

Quote:
Tip!: The method explained in this article will get you a token that is valid temporarily. If you're working on a tool or app that needs more permanent authentication, please instead use the method outlined in our third-party development forum.
I scraped together some code from here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/12...or-your-app/p1

I managed to get a new token this way. Hopefully this one isn't temporary.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
It looks like the x-Plex token I've been using is a temporary one. According to this URL: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...n-X-Plex-Token

I scraped together some code from here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/12...or-your-app/p1

I managed to get a new token this way. Hopefully this one isn't temporary.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Thanks for reporting this.

Ideally we can update either the sync tool or the installer to request the more permanent token for you. Do you mind filing an enhancement bug here:

https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...acenter/issues
Old 04-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks for reporting this.

Ideally we can update either the sync tool or the installer to request the more permanent token for you. Do you mind filing an enhancement bug here:

https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...acenter/issues
Just posted it now, thanks!

I've noticed somethings else minor since the latest version of the sync tool. I have a shortcut setup pointing to it, and before it opened up the command window, did its thing, and closed the command window. Now it opens up a command window, does its thing, and then the command window stays open until you manually close it. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Running Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for the awesome plugin.