SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I resolved this by finding the show with the offending metadata ('English' in the year field) by dumping the xml of my recorded shows using the web interface and doing a text search of the xml, and then fixing the metadata using complimentary metadata tools.

But time permitting, you should protect against bad metadata.
Protecting against "bad" metadata is a HUGE undertaking, I don't low if you realize the difficulty in implementing that statement you said :-). Best I can do without testing every single piece of metadata is build conditions for crap tha pops up, as it pops up. Crap in crap out. If I get crap from Sagex, it most likely was fed crap from tvdb or other metadata provider. Building an engine or set of regex to correct every situation is damn near impossible. That being said I can do individual fixes, and hope that it doesn't break something for someone else :-/
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Protecting against "bad" metadata is a HUGE undertaking, I don't low if you realize the difficulty in implementing that statement you said :-). Best I can do without testing every single piece of metadata is build conditions for crap tha pops up, as it pops up. Crap in crap out. If I get crap from Sagex, it most likely was fed crap from tvdb or other metadata provider. Building an engine or set of regex to correct every situation is damn near impossible. That being said I can do individual fixes, and hope that it doesn't break something for someone else :-/
I do know. I was just thinking of sufficient checks to prevent crashing/stoppage of the process only. Not really validation of the metadata, just bare minimum field won't crash the program.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 01-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Just wanted to let everyone know that stuckless has been working on a little project which i have been testing along with his development.

Ill leave all of the details to him and all the goodies cause its his work. All i will say is that It trumps this project... in my opinion :-D

Old 01-25-2014, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that stuckless has been working on a little project which i have been testing along with his development.

Ill leave all of the details to him and all the goodies cause its his work. All i will say is that It trumps this project... in my opinion :-D

That's a pretty strong endorsement I think the Agent approach and the Channel approach are both good approaches... and depending on your needs, one of both might work (I have both installed).

The Plex Channel (ie, stuff that I did) is good if you currently use Phoenix and you want to see media presented in views like, "Unwatched TV", or "Unwatched Movies" or "Recently Added", etc. The Scanner/Agent approach is good if you decide that you want Plex to manage all your media, and you just want SageTV to contribute to that media, but you really don't use sagetv for anything else.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That's a pretty strong endorsement I think the Agent approach and the Channel approach are both good approaches... and depending on your needs, one of both might work (I have both installed).

The Plex Channel (ie, stuff that I did) is good if you currently use Phoenix and you want to see media presented in views like, "Unwatched TV", or "Unwatched Movies" or "Recently Added", etc. The Scanner/Agent approach is good if you decide that you want Plex to manage all your media, and you just want SageTV to contribute to that media, but you really don't use sagetv for anything else.
It is a strong endorsement, cause I think its awesome. Trumps is maybe a bit strong. but it certainly compliments the existing project very VERY nicely.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Sage Expert

When can we expect a preview?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 01-25-2014, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When can we expect a preview?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61177
Old 01-29-2014, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm having an issue where Plex is combining two different episodes of Sofia the First. These are shows that have been converted from their original ts files to mkv files. And Plex is not showing the option to split them up.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Never mind. I discovered that the episode numbers were wrong and that it was combining the episodes that had the same numbers. I fixed the episode numbers with BMT and now all is well. It's weird that Plex wouldn't let me split them up.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. I was having the scan abort because of FFMPEG errors in 0.9.8.18, saw your post and did the downgrade.

Edit.
I just downloaded the lastest public version for XP from plex -- 0.9.9.00.308-7e8496a -- and it appears to be working fine. YMMV
Funny - when I go to the download page the latest version that I see is Version 0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd. And when I try to upgrade it says I have the latest version.

Did they pull 0.9.9?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Funny - when I go to the download page the latest version that I see is Version 0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd. And when I try to upgrade it says I have the latest version.

Did they pull 0.9.9?
No, its a beta version. You must have a Plex Pass to download it.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I see it now. I did buy Plex Pass so that I could use Plex with my Chromecast. Given this, and the SageTV/Phoenix Plex Channel plugin the Chromecast could be a good option as an extender.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
No, its a beta version. You must have a Plex Pass to download it.
Isn't it kind of weird that they have separate beta versions when the product hasn't even hit version 1.0 yet?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Isn't it kind of weird that they have separate beta versions when the product hasn't even hit version 1.0 yet?
Maybe they have a feature set that hasn't quite yet been fully met?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Im not familiar with Plex. Can someone please post screenshots of what it would look like on an android device when extending "SageTV TV Recordings", "Currently Recording", "Movies"/categories (and repective fanart)? I tried asking this question in Phoenix Channel thread; but it appears that wasn't the functionality I was expecting.

Also, can Plex utilize BMT/Phoenix for fanart; or, would I need two separate fanart repositories (one for Pheonix/BMT and one for Plex)?

Thanks in advance!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Im not familiar with Plex. Can someone please post screenshots of what it would look like on an android device when extending "SageTV TV Recordings", "Currently Recording", "Movies"/categories (and repective fanart)? I tried asking this question in Phoenix Channel thread; but it appears that wasn't the functionality I was expecting.

Also, can Plex utilize BMT/Phoenix for fanart; or, would I need two separate fanart repositories (one for Pheonix/BMT and one for Plex)?

Thanks in advance!
sorry mkanet, i didn't mean to imply that you couldn't extend phoenix views , and load fanart etc via the channel. you certainly can. I thought you were more interested in having plex manage your sage recordings and movies while using the metadata and fanart provided by BMT.

the scanner and agent will allow you to bring sage recordings (tv and movies) into plex and allow plex to manage them for you. all of plex(s) heterogenous clients will be able to connect to and watch all of your content. plex media server takes care of the transcoding for you. there are tons of pics in this thread which will show you the functionality you can expect from the SageTV Scanner and Agent.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks.. The main thing I'm interested in is a minimal media transcoder (on my Windows server) and respective playback client on my Android phone; nothing more ideally. So, what would I need to do this? BTW: I checked the first 10 pages or so of this thread, I didn't see any screenshots.
Thanks again..
Quote:
sorry mkanet, i didn't mean to imply that you couldn't extend phoenix views , and load fanart etc via the channel. you certainly can. I thought you were more interested in having plex manage your sage recordings and movies while using the metadata and fanart provided by BMT.

the scanner and agent will allow you to bring sage recordings (tv and movies) into plex and allow plex to manage them for you. all of plex(s) heterogenous clients will be able to connect to and watch all of your content. plex media server takes care of the transcoding for you. there are tons of pics in this thread which will show you the functionality you can expect from the SageTV Scanner and Agent.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2BZ2P View Post
For those of you using MCEBuddy, are you renaming files to the conventional Plex format (SxxExx)? I have recorded Ripper Street and it shows up perfectly in Sage and in Plex using the Plex Scanner tools, but when I used MCEBuddy to convert to MP4, it creates separate folders for each episode. I two directories in Plex, one for converted files and one for standard Sage recordings. The standard recordings are organized perfectly in Plex, but the converted files are not.
The next release of MCE Buddy will use the SageTV properties to get metadata for Sage Recordings.

11. Added support to read metadata from SageTV Properties file

It appears to be working great. I use the CMT plugin to create properties files for all recordings.

this is my mcebuddy rename.
%ismovie%<\Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-02-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Things that make you go 'hmmm'

Hey all, been a long long time since I posed to the Sage forums but I'm currently rebuilding my SageTV system (current one is coming up on 5 years old and is getting flakey) so while I was at it I thought I might look into Plex integration.

I have the latest Plex server installed (0.9.905.411) and the plug in (v7) seems to be in place. I'm having an issue were NONE of my TV series metadata is being scanned in. I can watch the scan status in Plex and see that each show appears to have metadata pulled, but there are in fact NO posters, series or episode information or thumbnails in Plex, even after waiting an hour for it to appear.

Here is the strange thing...if I go hit refresh on all the posters individually, posters and metadata come in almost instantly, except for 4 TV series. This indeed matches www.theTVDB.com, so no real surprises there and BMT is working as expected. It appears that since the scan can't pull metadata from SageTV on certain shows it won't pull any of it.

EDIT: I now see that only the very final TV series gets populated by the SageTV metadata agent. The next to the last happens to be a series without any meta data. Does the scanner work from the last file to the first by chance?

One item of note: If I remove the libary, clean, empty trash, etc, and re-add it but using theTVDB metadata agent with the SageTV Scanner, everything works as expected.

Any ideas????

Last edited by texneus; 03-11-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Updated problem description
Old 03-14-2014, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I have noticed that there is an issue with the recordings scanner when there are items that I have marked as "TV" but they are not located in any of the recordings drives. For example when there is a problem with a recording and I have to download a copy so we can watch it. I mark it as "TV" in BMT so it will show up in recordings.

In this case when I try to Sync the entire program/season it fails. When that program no longer exists in SageTV the Sync proceeds correctly with no error.

I think the problem might be that the scanner is telling Plex that a file should be there but because Plex is not set to scan for files in that location it fails. I guess the fix might be adding that location to my SageTV Recordings section in Plex but then I don't always use the same location for those downloaded TV programs.