SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
You added plex.js to the sagex directory on sage server? and tried to his the URL above with the additional c=plex:GetMediafileForName&1= name of show no extension.

If all is correct you should get a fully populated XML response
Yes, I added plex.js to the sagex directory on the sage server. I went to the sagex/api and added the line you show above but I'm not sure I'm doing it 100% correct. I am at ipadress: portno/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFielForName&1=NCIS and I get an error message. It says error sagex-version="7.1.9.1"> then 2 lines below it says java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: no such method: GetMediafileForName.

So I tried just using the c=GetMediaFiles&1=T command. That is listing files on an H: drive. I don't have one as I'm using Flexraid to take what were some older drives and span them into one new M: drive. Sage has been recording to a directory on the M: drive successfully for months now so I'm guessing I have to somehow change where sagex or BMT are pointing to? I'm open to any and all suggestions and appreciate the help!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Sage User

on XP

I was trying to set this up over the weekend and I have Sage and Plex on a comp running XP. The directory structure for Plex looks different and I can't get the Sage Scanner or the agent to show up in the dropdown in plex.... I don't see the instructions for XP. Do you have suggestions on where I should be putting the files in the Plex XP directory structure?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM4P View Post
I was trying to set this up over the weekend and I have Sage and Plex on a comp running XP. The directory structure for Plex looks different and I can't get the Sage Scanner or the agent to show up in the dropdown in plex.... I don't see the instructions for XP. Do you have suggestions on where I should be putting the files in the Plex XP directory structure?
https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...g#Installation

once running you can click in on the plex icon in the sys tray and say open plugins folder. it will take you to the correct location. new scaners and agents won't show up until the plex server is restarted. I would suggest following the wiki... if you can't get it work after following the detailed wiki, then post questions here.

My responses will be delayed however. Brian has been working on some stuff for this I haven't been able to test, and i just have a ton going on right now... new baby coming any day, wrapping things up for work so I can take paternity leave, etc. Sooo I apologize for delayed responses.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Sage User

Log Error

Quote:
https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...g#Installation

Sooo I apologize for delayed responses.
No problem at all! I really appreciate the help. In fact, just mentioning to hit that button to go to the plugins folder made me realize what I was doing wrong. I now get the scanner and the agent showing. I hit the deep scan button and it only runs briefly... this is the last part of the log: The file 'Wipeout-..' is the last file in the directory. I'll keep plugging away, but let me know if the below gives you an idea of what I went wrong.

Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:176 [2740] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: D:\Videos\RECORDINGS\Wipeout-TheCatFaceShirt-12437203-0.mpg
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:348 [2740] DEBUG - Directory had 564 files, database had 0 files, can't skip.
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:614 [2740] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 107, in Scan
mf = getMediaFileForFilePath(urllib.quote(file))
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 41, in getMediaFileForFilePath
return executeSagexAPICall(url, 'MediaFile')
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 52, in executeSagexAPICall
resp = unicodeToStr(json.JSONDecoder().decode(fileData))
File "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Server\Exts\simplejson\decoder.py", line 402, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Server\Exts\simplejson\decoder.py", line 420, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("No JSON object could be decoded", s, idx)
JSONDecodeError: No JSON object could be decoded: line 1 column 0 (char 0)
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:614 [2740] ERROR - We got an error scanning in D:\Videos\RECORDINGS
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:692 [2740] ERROR - There were errors scanning location: D:\Videos\RECORDINGS
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:692 [2740] DEBUG - Since it was an incomplete scan, we are not going to whack missing media.
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:754 [2740] DEBUG - Refreshing section 1 of type: 2
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM4P View Post
No problem at all! I really appreciate the help. In fact, just mentioning to hit that button to go to the plugins folder made me realize what I was doing wrong. I now get the scanner and the agent showing. I hit the deep scan button and it only runs briefly... this is the last part of the log: The file 'Wipeout-..' is the last file in the directory. I'll keep plugging away, but let me know if the below gives you an idea of what I went wrong.

Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:176 [2740] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: D:\Videos\RECORDINGS\Wipeout-TheCatFaceShirt-12437203-0.mpg
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:348 [2740] DEBUG - Directory had 564 files, database had 0 files, can't skip.
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:614 [2740] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 107, in Scan
mf = getMediaFileForFilePath(urllib.quote(file))
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 41, in getMediaFileForFilePath
return executeSagexAPICall(url, 'MediaFile')
File "C:\Documents and Settings\DVR\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 52, in executeSagexAPICall
resp = unicodeToStr(json.JSONDecoder().decode(fileData))
File "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Server\Exts\simplejson\decoder.py", line 402, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Server\Exts\simplejson\decoder.py", line 420, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("No JSON object could be decoded", s, idx)
JSONDecodeError: No JSON object could be decoded: line 1 column 0 (char 0)
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:614 [2740] ERROR - We got an error scanning in D:\Videos\RECORDINGS
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:692 [2740] ERROR - There were errors scanning location: D:\Videos\RECORDINGS
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:692 [2740] DEBUG - Since it was an incomplete scan, we are not going to whack missing media.
Jan 05, 2014 10:15:54:754 [2740] DEBUG - Refreshing section 1 of type: 2
I've seen that happen mainly when plex.js isn't installed on he sage server. Did u put that in the sagex directory and restart sage server?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I've seen that happen mainly when plex.js isn't installed on he sage server. Did u put that in the sagex directory and restart sage server?
plex.js is in this directory: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sagex\services

and I have restarted sage.

The sagex-api log looks ok, has three lines all positive.

Is there someway to positively tell if sage knows its there?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Look through this thread for exact syntax but call the custom function I made directly from a web browser

Http:// x . X . X . X : port/ sagex/API?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1= name of show less extension
Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Look through this thread for exact syntax but call the custom function I made directly from a web browser

Http:// x . X . X . X : port/ sagex/API?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1= name of show less extension
crap.. it says 'Not Found' for the sagex api ... I'll troubleshoot that sometime tonight.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I am going to give this a try - I installed Plex a long time ago but I haven't really used it. But I bought a Chromecast recently so that gives interesting options - although I should have a large enough cache of extenders that I don't really need that just for Sage.

One questions on the installation. After installing the sage.js file do you need to restart Sage? Or can I just put this in the right folder and everything will start working immediately?

By the way the current download file has a double zip extension - is that supposed to be the case? And is there just one file for Win and Mac? I notice that there is a _MACOSX folder - is that needed on Windows?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am going to give this a try - I installed Plex a long time ago but I haven't really used it. But I bought a Chromecast recently so that gives interesting options - although I should have a large enough cache of extenders that I don't really need that just for Sage.

One questions on the installation. After installing the sage.js file do you need to restart Sage? Or can I just put this in the right folder and everything will start working immediately?

By the way the current download file has a double zip extension - is that supposed to be the case? And is there just one file for Win and Mac? I notice that there is a _MACOSX folder - is that needed on Windows?
The double zip extension was an accident. The plugin and Scanner folder is the only thing you need for any platform. Just place them in the correct location for plex, change the bmt properties file in the plugin folder, and then change the sage variables at the top of the scanner file(s).

Place the .js file on the Sage server and restart sage.

from a webbrowser try hitting

http:// x . x . x . x : port /sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1= <the name of a file on your sage server minus the extension>

if you get a valid xml response, then you are all setup from a Sagex perspective.

The wiki also has a walkthrough on how to setup incase you get stuck.

example from my setup:

192.168.1.110:8500/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=Seinfeld-S07E12-TheCaddy-15916736-0
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what is causing the issue but I updated to the latest version of Plex, 0.9.8.18.290, and noticed that when it starts a media update of my SageTV recordings it seems to get stuck and the scanner ends up using %50 CPU (100% on one core) indefinitely. The only way I can stop the scan is to manually right click the Plex icon and select "Cancel Library Update".

I've looked in the logs and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious. Is this known or something new?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I'm not sure what is causing the issue but I updated to the latest version of Plex, 0.9.8.18.290, and noticed that when it starts a media update of my SageTV recordings it seems to get stuck and the scanner ends up using %50 CPU (100% on one core) indefinitely. The only way I can stop the scan is to manually right click the Plex icon and select "Cancel Library Update".

I've looked in the logs and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious. Is this known or something new?
Try turning of Media Indexing on the plex server.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Try turning of Media Indexing on the plex server.
I've never had media indexing enabled.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've never had media indexing enabled.
OK.

- I would make sure you are running the latest code
- In plex Empty Trash
- Clean Bundles
- The restart plex
- Rescan

Provide logs please.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK.

- I would make sure you are running the latest code
- In plex Empty Trash
- Clean Bundles
- The restart plex
- Rescan

Provide logs please.
I followed your instructions and I still get a stuck scan. Here are the logs.

I assure you that media scanning is disabled. I have also moved my Plex server to a different computer and still get the same problem. I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Plex Logs.zip (294.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 01-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I followed your instructions and I still get a stuck scan. Here are the logs.

I assure you that media scanning is disabled. I have also moved my Plex server to a different computer and still get the same problem. I hope this helps.
from the looks of it there are a few odd things going on

1) There is a system volume information folder in the directory being scanned which may be causing some issues
2) did you actually clean the database, empty the trash, and remove the section?
The reason i ask this is there are many indicators in this log which appear like you are reusing media items in the current plex cache / database and not actually scanning the file that is there.

If your SageTV recordings aren't finishing scanning it is possible that another section is in the process of scanning as well.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
from the looks of it there are a few odd things going on

1) There is a system volume information folder in the directory being scanned which may be causing some issues
2) did you actually clean the database, empty the trash, and remove the section?
The reason i ask this is there are many indicators in this log which appear like you are reusing media items in the current plex cache / database and not actually scanning the file that is there.

If your SageTV recordings aren't finishing scanning it is possible that another section is in the process of scanning as well.
Ok, just did that. Deleted the section and then followed the rest of the directions. Since my recording drives are actually the root of the drives they are going to have the "System Volume Information" folder. Every drive in Windows has that. However, I created a folder on each drive, moved all the recordings to it, and changed the share location to that folder. The sysvol folders are no longer an issue. It is still freezing.

At this point it almost looks like it's getting hung up on a single video, Dracula-AWhiffofSulfur-17071167-0.mpg. I noticed in the new interface (plex.tv/web/app) that it takes a screenshot of each video and uses that as the poster art until the metadata and artwork are downloaded. I might surmise that it is this part of the scanner that is messing up.

However, for your perusal are logs from a fresh SageTV recordings section in Plex.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Plex Logs.zip (202.6 KB, 115 views)
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

After looking at the logs again it looks like it's just taking an obscene amount of time to get the screen shots it wants for each video and not liking my HDHR recordings.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

As you can see from the screenshot I'm also getting spotty metadata and artwork. I don't know why it doesn't all come in at once. Eventually it will fill it all in but it takes some time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taddeusz-Plex.jpg (171.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
As you can see from the screenshot I'm also getting spotty metadata and artwork. I don't know why it doesn't all come in at once. Eventually it will fill it all in but it takes some time.
Is Toy Story of Terror marked as a Movie in your BMT ui ?