SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

How to troubleshoot the scanner?

Hello,

I've just installed plex media server on the same computer as my sagetv server...

I've installed the plex scanner (as per the wiki instructions), created my section in plex with the BMT agent and scan scanner...

Then when I do a deep scan, it just spins....I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know how to trouble shoot it...I didn't see anything in the sage logs.

Should I look somewhere else? Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc View Post
Hello,

I've just installed plex media server on the same computer as my sagetv server...

I've installed the plex scanner (as per the wiki instructions), created my section in plex with the BMT agent and scan scanner...

Then when I do a deep scan, it just spins....I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know how to trouble shoot it...I didn't see anything in the sage logs.

Should I look somewhere else? Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Did you install the plex.js file on the sage server?
Did you configure the .properties file in the bundle to point at your server?
Did you change the scanner code at the top to point at your server?
Do you have media indexing on in plex? if yes this will cause LOOOONG scan times on initial scan.
Do you have sagex apis installed via the sage plugin manager?
Can you hit the following url? http://your sage ip address : port /sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1= <enter the filename of a show on your sage server without the extension >

example of url that will work for me: http://x.x.x.x : port/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=Seinfeld-S07E12-TheCaddy-15916736-0
Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do you have media indexing on in plex? if yes this will cause LOOOONG scan times on initial scan.
Can you hit the following url? http://your sage ip address : port /sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1= <enter the filename of a show on your sage server without the extension >

example of url that will work for me: http://x.x.x.x : port/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=Seinfeld-S07E12-TheCaddy-15916736-0[/QUOTE]

* Did you configure the .properties file in the bundle to point at your server?
Yes, I have: SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080

* Did you change the scanner code at the top to point at your server?
Yes...
SageTV Scanner.py (line 21) SAGEX_HOST = 'http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080'

SageTV Movie Scanner.py (line 21) SAGEX_HOST = 'http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080'

* Do you have media indexing on in plex? if yes this will cause LOOOONG scan times on initial scan.

Maybe that's it? (I have 257 recordings..is that a lot?)

* Do you have sagex apis installed via the sage plugin manager?
Yep!
http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080/sa...ets-22047189-0
And I get a large XML document...

I do think it has something to do w/ BMT though--if I change it from using the BMT agent to the PLEX agent(I forget what it's called), then I get fan art & data. If I use the BMT agent, indexing just seems to spin with no data other than the episode and show name.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

example of url that will work for me: http://x.x.x.x : port/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=Seinfeld-S07E12-TheCaddy-15916736-0
* Did you configure the .properties file in the bundle to point at your server?
Yes, I have: SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080

* Did you change the scanner code at the top to point at your server?
Yes...
SageTV Scanner.py (line 21) SAGEX_HOST = 'http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080'

SageTV Movie Scanner.py (line 21) SAGEX_HOST = 'http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080'

* Do you have media indexing on in plex? if yes this will cause LOOOONG scan times on initial scan.

Maybe that's it? (I have 257 recordings..is that a lot?)

* Do you have sagex apis installed via the sage plugin manager?
Yep!
http://sage:frey@192.168.2.8:8080/sa...ets-22047189-0
And I get a large XML document...

I do think it has something to do w/ BMT though--if I change it from using the BMT agent to the PLEX agent(I forget what it's called), then I get fan art & data. If I use the BMT agent, indexing just seems to spin with no data other than the episode and show name.[/QUOTE]

Please post your full bmt agent log files found int he logs directory as well as the media scanner logs.

FYI - you don't need the movie scanner really anymore.. sorry about that.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've attached the logs...thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.txt (156.1 KB, 137 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.localmedia.txt (363.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.system.txt (408.7 KB, 120 views)
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

I don't see anything glaring in the logs.

can you send the scanner log please?

Also i would suggest doing the followin as it looks as though the BMTAgent is running and retrieving information

1) remove section in plex
2) clean bundles
3) empty trash in plex
4) shutdown plex
5) recopy the files from zip file into the correct location
6) update the settings in the files to point to your sage server
7) restart plex
8) readd section
9) select SageTV Scanner and BMTAgent as the scanner and agent
10) once completed (it will take a long time first scan... mine took 4 hrs)
11) repost bmtagent log and scanner log

the steps above are important to follow and complete. Plex likes to use its cache as much as possible.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm...so I completely uninstalled PMS and reinstalled it

Then I downloaded and reinstalled the scanner

Reconfigured plex to add the tv shows--and I get nothing now!

Also, if I clean the bundles, PMS crashes...maybe it's related to the problem I 'm having?

I've attached the logs...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Plex Media Scanner - Copy.txt (243.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.system - Copy.txt (29.3 KB, 332 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows - Copy.txt (4.8 KB, 130 views)
Old 12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Did you do these steps after following my detailed steps above? if not then please do the steps i posted above, and THEN post the logs.

as i mentioned plex is picky and even doing an uninstall won't necessarily clean up cache and bundles, etc.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

should I be concerned that when I press 'clean bundles', PMS crashes?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
should I be concerned that when I press 'clean bundles', PMS crashes?
yes, that is not right.

i would do a complete uninstall and then manually remove all files int he directory if it doesn't take care of it
then RESTART WINDOWS or whatever OS you are running. only then would i try and reinstall
Old 12-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've done the complete reinstall of plex and now I can at least clean the builds, etc...

I followed your instructions exactly but I'm getting the same results--I see all the tv shows listed but only get Meta data for 1 show (sometimes)--and then the scanner just shows that it's spinning (busy)..

I've attached my logs

I'm running plex 0.9.8.14.263-139ddc (not sure if that matters)

Are there any known issues w/the scanner and Sage plugins?
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.txt (148.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.localmedia.txt (347.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: zip Plex Media Scanner.zip (137.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: txt com.plexapp.system.txt (406.0 KB, 194 views)
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've done the complete reinstall of plex and now I can at least clean the builds, etc...

I followed your instructions exactly but I'm getting the same results--I see all the tv shows listed but only get Meta data for 1 show (sometimes)--and then the scanner just shows that it's spinning (busy)..

I've attached my logs

I'm running plex 0.9.8.14.263-139ddc (not sure if that matters)

Are there any known issues w/the scanner and Sage plugins?
I will take a look at the logs. If you are getting BMTAgent logs, then it is not the Scanner. The scanner runs agains the entire directory and puts the media/metadata on the stack for the Agent to pick up. Only after the scan is done does the Agent pick up the pieces....unless of course plex made a change that I am unaware of.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

I see an issue.

Toy Story of Terror --- is that a movie?

If so then my next question is are you running to try and get movies or sagetv recordings? (i.e. tvshows?)

Reason I ask is that the setup is as follows:

SageTV Recorded Movies:
1) Create new MOVIE section
2) Use SageTV Movie Scanner
3) use the built in Plex Movie Agent FreeBase is waht i use i think

SageTV REcorded Tv Shows:
1) Create new TV Show Section
2) Use SageTV Series Scanner
3) Use the custom built BMT Agent.

If you are trying to use the bmt agent with movies, it will most likely fail and cause odd results.

Movies cannot be stuffed into a Plex TVShow section, and vice versa.

If non of the above is the case, then i would guess that SageTV has this file and several others categorized as Movies rather than TV Shows which is incorrect...
Old 12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Toy Story of Terror was a halloween special that was recorded off of the tv (abc family)...we do have several "movies" (IE Witness, Look Who's Talking 2) that were recording via cable tv that sage stores in with the recordings.

Is there some way in sage to store recordings that are categorized as "movies" in one place, and other recordings as "tv shows"?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV Recorded Movies:
3) use the built in Plex Movie Agent FreeBase is what i use i think

using the directory that has my sage movies, everything works fine...

It's when i do:

(with the directory that has my sage movies) that I start to have a problem.

If I use the builtin Plex scanner and theTVDB agent, it misses about 1/2 the recordings (It found 112 out of 251 recordings). Since it didn't use BMT it didn't have all the meta data.

If I use the builtin Plex scanner and the bmt agent it only finds the 112 recordings and only metadata for one series. I can reload/refresh on the series and the meta data would then load.

If I use the SageTV Series scanner and theTVDB agent; it found all the recordings but without BMT, I didn't get all the meta data...

And of course, using SageTV Series scanner and the BMT agent, it finds all the records, but doesn't load all the meta data
Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
SageTV Recorded Movies:
3) use the built in Plex Movie Agent FreeBase is what i use i think

using the directory that has my sage movies, everything works fine...

It's when i do:

(with the directory that has my sage movies) that I start to have a problem.

If I use the builtin Plex scanner and theTVDB agent, it misses about 1/2 the recordings (It found 112 out of 251 recordings). Since it didn't use BMT it didn't have all the meta data.

If I use the builtin Plex scanner and the bmt agent it only finds the 112 recordings and only metadata for one series. I can reload/refresh on the series and the meta data would then load.

If I use the SageTV Series scanner and theTVDB agent; it found all the recordings but without BMT, I didn't get all the meta data...

And of course, using SageTV Series scanner and the BMT agent, it finds all the records, but doesn't load all the meta data

Yeah that is what I thought. Take a look at the movie i sent before in BMT and see if it is TV Show or if it is a Movie... in the BMT web ui you can find the media element and then look at the properties for it. My guess, and this is based on previous experience and another user having the EXACT same issue, is that you have Movies recorded in sage , and they are incorrectly identified by Sage as Movies...
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

So is there a workaround? Or would I have to manually set every "movie" that sage records to a "tv show"?
Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So is there a workaround? Or would I have to manually set every "movie" that sage records to a "tv show"?
I would test it with the one movie first (Halloween whatever it was) and go from there. There is no "workaround" per se. In the code we have to go on the premise that certain things are true. for example if sage says its a movie its a movie. If sage says its a tv show, its a tv show.

There may be a way to whack the media item on the stack if certain things aren't populated (thus giving you a movie), BUT this is only true for actual movies.. What I mean is if I implement logic to do this, there is no way to know if I am whacking out an actual TV Show instead of a "movie"

So short answer is no, there isn't a current work around other than fixing BMT.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Sage User

I did something wrong...

And I could use some help please! I followed all of the directions and I'm not seeing any shows in Plex. I am on Sage v7.1.9.256, java version 1.6.0_10, win 8.1 (although Sage says Win Vista). All of the plugins are installed in Sage (BMT web interface, sagex-services). I changed the jetty web server to port 9090 (flexraid uses 8080). I tested access (http://ipaddress: portno/sagex/api) and that takes me to Sage API 7.1.9.1. In plex I added the sagetv custom scanner and BMT agent as well as the plex.js file. Made the changes to the sagex_host lines as instructed. When I added the new section in Plex it gave me the option to use the SageTV Scanner and SageTV BMT Agent. But after doing all of that and choosing the folder where the recordings are (on the spanned drive created within flexraid), nothing shows up in Plex. Any thoughts? I have a new Roku3 and want to get this all working!

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post
And I could use some help please! I followed all of the directions and I'm not seeing any shows in Plex. I am on Sage v7.1.9.256, java version 1.6.0_10, win 8.1 (although Sage says Win Vista). All of the plugins are installed in Sage (BMT web interface, sagex-services). I changed the jetty web server to port 9090 (flexraid uses 8080). I tested access (http://ipaddress: portno/sagex/api) and that takes me to Sage API 7.1.9.1. In plex I added the sagetv custom scanner and BMT agent as well as the plex.js file. Made the changes to the sagex_host lines as instructed. When I added the new section in Plex it gave me the option to use the SageTV Scanner and SageTV BMT Agent. But after doing all of that and choosing the folder where the recordings are (on the spanned drive created within flexraid), nothing shows up in Plex. Any thoughts? I have a new Roku3 and want to get this all working!

Thanks!
You added plex.js to the sagex directory on sage server? and tried to his the URL above with the additional c=plex:GetMediafileForName&1= name of show no extension.

If all is correct you should get a fully populated XML response