SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Assistance?

Hey guys,

I had this working back in April '12 and earlier in the year installed a new operating system and am just now getting back around to getting it up and running...

I'm currently on Ubuntu 12.04, Plex 0.9.8, and Sage 7.19.1

I"m able to query the SageTV api with an existing file and I'm pulling up the XML file fine. My problem is the the SageTV Section I created is not displaying any Shows in the section.

I've attached my logs for review.. It appears to see the shows in my recorded tv folder... Within Plex, when I run a refresh, I get a quick message at the bottom of the screen indicating the section is being scanned and then it goes to library scan complete: extra information my still be downloading..there's only 15 or so items in the folder, so the fact that it runs quick like that wouldn't seem to be an issue in itself.

I've validated my permissions are correct and validated the 3 files have the right sage:frey@localhost:8080 config. I had the specific ip of the machine prior, but during troubleshooting changed to localhost in place of the ip, just in case.. I've also deleted the section, emptied trash, cleaned bundles and recreated the section to no avail.

My other sections update fine and prior to this config today, I'd had a sagetvshows section without all the addon's detailed here.. just raw files with no metadata.. but the did come up...

Right now, it's just a blank section.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.txt (4.5 KB, 136 views)
File Type: txt plex_media_scanner.log.txt (8.3 KB, 150 views)
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
anytime. glad you figured it out!
We thought I figured it out but turns out enabling 'Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings' did not help with MLB recordings and the airing date/time. I've attached some screen captures.
Attached Images
File Type: png BMT MLB 2013-08-27 9-12-22 PM.png (69.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: png Plex MLB 2013-08-27 9-14-03 PM.png (635.1 KB, 136 views)
File Type: png Sage Web Server MLB 2013-08-27 9-13-39 PM.png (74.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
We thought I figured it out but turns out enabling 'Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings' did not help with MLB recordings and the airing date/time. I've attached some screen captures.
yeah - if there is no original airdate in BMT/sagex/SageTVd - plex scanner/bmt agent won't pick it up, as there is nothing there for it to pick up.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmia View Post
Hey guys,

I had this working back in April '12 and earlier in the year installed a new operating system and am just now getting back around to getting it up and running...

I'm currently on Ubuntu 12.04, Plex 0.9.8, and Sage 7.19.1

I"m able to query the SageTV api with an existing file and I'm pulling up the XML file fine. My problem is the the SageTV Section I created is not displaying any Shows in the section.

I've attached my logs for review.. It appears to see the shows in my recorded tv folder... Within Plex, when I run a refresh, I get a quick message at the bottom of the screen indicating the section is being scanned and then it goes to library scan complete: extra information my still be downloading..there's only 15 or so items in the folder, so the fact that it runs quick like that wouldn't seem to be an issue in itself.

I've validated my permissions are correct and validated the 3 files have the right sage:frey@localhost:8080 config. I had the specific ip of the machine prior, but during troubleshooting changed to localhost in place of the ip, just in case.. I've also deleted the section, emptied trash, cleaned bundles and recreated the section to no avail.

My other sections update fine and prior to this config today, I'd had a sagetvshows section without all the addon's detailed here.. just raw files with no metadata.. but the did come up...

Right now, it's just a blank section.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
I missed this last night sorry. Ill take a look ASAP.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I missed this last night sorry. Ill take a look ASAP.
For some reason you have .properties files being added to the scanner, and they should not be.

perform the following steps and post back:

1) Remove sageTv section
2) Clean Bundles (inside of plex media server)
3) Empty Trash (inside of plex media server)
4) make sure that you have the most recent zip file code from the google site. I haven't gotten around to updating the repo, so if you pull the most recent code and use it, you will have different files than what are in the zip file (sorry :-/ been busy)
5) make sure the scanner.py file has correct username password and http address for sage server (don't forget port)
6) make sure the properties file for the bmtagent has your specific sage info (username/pass/address : port)
7) restart service
8) readd section
9) rescan
10) depending on how large the dir is it could take some time.
11) post logs

If this doesn't work the next step will be to have you take 1 or 2 recordings and copy them into a local directroy on the ubuntu box. from there i will have you add a new section into plex using the sagetv scanner and bmt agent and ONLY pointing at that directory with a few files. I will then ask you to post the scanner log and agent log.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Sage User

Thank you sir!

Quick question... in the downloads list on the google site, I noticed this file:
BMTAgent-LinuxMac-Fix-PATCH.zip
I am running Linux... it's dated to 2012.. do I still need it?

Also, the instructions say to edit: Plug-ins\BMTAgent.bundle\Contents\Code\BMTAgent.properties
But my path is: /Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle/Contents/Code/BMTAgent.properties
Just confirm the variation there... Could the path being different pose a problem?

Last edited by jbmia; 08-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thank you sir!

Quick question... in the downloads list on the google site, I noticed this file:

BMTAgent-LinuxMac-Fix-PATCH.zip

I am running Linux... it's dated to 2012.. do I still need it?

Nope, I included that code in the versions going forward from the date of that patch.

u should be good to go
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Sage User

That worked! Not sure what was different, but I re-downloaded and re-edited the files and it's picked up my recordings now. Thank you.

The only issue I see at this point is that artwork doesn't appear to be downloading. I've only got a few recordings.. should it take that long?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That worked! Not sure what was different, but I re-downloaded and re-edited the files and it's picked up my recordings now. Thank you.

The only issue I see at this point is that artwork doesn't appear to be downloading. I've only got a few recordings.. should it take that long?
Send along the agent log and ill take a look
Old 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Here's the log...

Not sure if this is the problem...

"****UNABLE TO READ BMTAGENT.PROPERTIES FILE... aborting search"

I checked permissions on the file and it's 755 owner:group> plex":"plex, so it should be able to be accessed

Thanks for your assistance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.txt (156.1 KB, 135 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here's the log...

Not sure if this is the problem...

"****UNABLE TO READ BMTAGENT.PROPERTIES FILE... aborting search"

I checked permissions on the file and it's 755 owner:group> plex":"plex, so it should be able to be accessed

possibly. run these two in a browser and tell me what you get back

***posterurl = http://sage:frey@localhost:8080
/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=497110&artifact=poster
&&
season poster = http://sage:frey@localhost:8080
/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=497110&artifact=poster&season=2013
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Sage User

&&

I get: HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /sagex/media/fanart. Reason:
Fanart not found

Fanart not found
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
&&

Fanart not found

Fanart not found

yeah that makes sense.. sorry i missed that when i sent it.

take off the &Season=2013 and se what you get
Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Sage User

I get the same thing as before...

Doesn't taking off "&Season=2013" just make it the same as the 1st line? Doesn't the "&&" just execute both lines one after the other?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I get the same thing as before...

Doesn't taking off "&Season=2013" just make it the same as the 1st line? Doesn't the "&&" just execute both lines one after the other?
sorry i wasn't clear

This is actually 2 different commands. first is run this

http://sage:frey@localhost:8080

whats that return?

then run this

The && in the previous statement was there because the line i sent was an output line from your log and put in the log by me for debugging.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
yeah - if there is no original airdate in BMT/sagex/SageTVd - plex scanner/bmt agent won't pick it up, as there is nothing there for it to pick up.
That makes sense but out of the 3 screen captures I attached the SageTV Web Server does have an original air date and the other 2 do not. I have attached a couple more screen shots to show that SageTV Web Server is showing an original air date. One of the screen captures is of the SageTV Web Server Edit Show Info page and on this page there are 2 air dates and they are both different but one is tagged as "originalairdate" and the other is tagged as "airing start time". You will notice that both dates are different, these dates have not been modified by me manually these dates are set by SageTV. I've compared the MLB SageTV Web Server Edit Show Info page with the recording of Big Brother and the date tagged as "originalairdate" for Big Brother actually has the same date as "airing start time". Any idea why SageTV is not putting the correct date in the "originalairdate" for MLB recordings?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
That makes sense but out of the 3 screen captures I attached the SageTV Web Server does have an original air date and the other 2 do not. I have attached a couple more screen shots to show that SageTV Web Server is showing an original air date. One of the screen captures is of the SageTV Web Server Edit Show Info page and on this page there are 2 air dates and they are both different but one is tagged as "originalairdate" and the other is tagged as "airing start time". You will notice that both dates are different, these dates have not been modified by me manually these dates are set by SageTV. I've compared the MLB SageTV Web Server Edit Show Info page with the recording of Big Brother and the date tagged as "originalairdate" for Big Brother actually has the same date as "airing start time". Any idea why SageTV is not putting the correct date in the "originalairdate" for MLB recordings?

Thanks.
All metadata for Plex is grabbed from sagex and more specifically out of the fields set and visible in BMT. If it doesn't show up there, It won't be brought over into Plex. If you were to however figure a way to get the date/data showing up in BMT, you would then see it start showing up in plex.

Maybe @Sean can chime in here if he is free. BMT/sagex is his brain child.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
sorry i wasn't clear

This is actually 2 different commands. first is run this

whats that return?

then run this

The && in the previous statement was there because the line i sent was an output line from your log and put in the log by me for debugging.

Apologies for the delay. Here's what I"m seeing.. For the 1st one,

Code:
http://192.168.1.2:8080/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=514075&artifact=poster
I double checked the logs and I changed the media file id to one that's in todays log and validated that it did come up in the BMT UI. In this case, I did get the post for "Doctor Oz"

For the second one,

Code:
http://192.168.1.2:8080/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=514075&artifact=poster&season=2013
I get the same thing... a poster for the Dr. Oz show.

Yet, when I refresh TV Shows, the show comes up, but the fanart does not. Note that I changed these from "localhost" to "192.168.1.2" as I'm running the URL's from a separate machine.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Apologies for the delay. Here's what I"m seeing.. For the 1st one,

Code:
http://192.168.1.2:8080/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=514075&artifact=poster
I double checked the logs and I changed the media file id to one that's in todays log and validated that it did come up in the BMT UI. In this case, I did get the post for "Doctor Oz"

For the second one,

Code:
http://192.168.1.2:8080/sagex/media/fanart?mediafile=514075&artifact=poster&season=2013
I get the same thing... a poster for the Dr. Oz show.

Yet, when I refresh TV Shows, the show comes up, but the fanart does not. Note that I changed these from "localhost" to "192.168.1.2" as I'm running the URL's from a separate machine.

do me a favor. go into one of the shows that doesn't have fanart or poster inside of plex web ui, and go to the spot where you can add a poster. when the screen comes up I am willing to bet there is a file in shows up which is a blank poster.

I have ran into this issue and traced it back to 2 things
1) the plex cache assigns a poster when it can't find one. sometimes that gets assigned to the media file and the only way to get rid of it is cleaning everything out and rescanning, empty trash, etc.

2 and more likely your case) if you trace that file back to the disk it is stored on in sage phoneix/fanart/tv/showname/etc. i would be willing to bet that you find a poster in there that is null or blank... I had this happen to me as well and it forced me to go into the folders and clean up blank or empty files.

I am not sure why sage/bmt doesn't show these files when looking in the bmt ui or sage ui, but they get pulled into plex which is super annoying.

lemme know if either of those are what you are seeing.

FYI: I am leaving the country saturday morning and won't be back until Sept. 8th. Please excuse my lack of response and support on this thread.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Thanks for all the assistance you've provided to me and I'm sure everyone else here really really appreciates all the effort you've put into this... I can certainly wait if we don't it worked out prior to your departure, so no stress there...

I've attached 3 jpegs of what I"m seeing. ABC World News shows in Plex without artwork and doesn't show any artwork in BMT when browsing to the fanart tab... Please see the 3 files I uploaded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (42.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (30.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.5 KB, 157 views)