SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2BZ2P View Post
For those of you using MCEBuddy, are you renaming files to the conventional Plex format (SxxExx)? I have recorded Ripper Street and it shows up perfectly in Sage and in Plex using the Plex Scanner tools, but when I used MCEBuddy to convert to MP4, it creates separate folders for each episode. I two directories in Plex, one for converted files and one for standard Sage recordings. The standard recordings are organized perfectly in Plex, but the converted files are not.
I do not think that MCEBUDDY renames sage files correctly as it does not recognize the SageTV metadata. So trying to rename it as Title - SXXEXX -episode will not work. I know it never worked for me maybe someone has a secret profile.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I do not think that MCEBUDDY renames sage files correctly as it does not recognize the SageTV metadata. So trying to rename it as Title - SXXEXX -episode will not work. I know it never worked for me maybe someone has a secret profile.
nope that is right. the only time that mcebuddy would name a file correctly is if the sage recording has the season and ep number in the filename, which would also then work directly from plex. I do not use mce buddy to rename files at all. I let plex use the custom scanner and bmt agent to retrieve ALL metadata for sage related media.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Sage User

I guess that's my problem. The converted files are not picking up the BMT info and each episode shows up as a separate show/season in Plex after conversion. Attached are snapshots from Plex in the unconverted (before MCE Buddy) folder and after conversion. Both sections of Plex are set up to use the SAGE/BMT/Plex scanner. The only difference between the two sections in Plex is the directory they scan.
Attached Images
File Type: png Unconverted.PNG (84.6 KB, 168 views)
File Type: png After conversion.PNG (58.9 KB, 169 views)

Sage Beta 7;HD-300;Windows 7 64-bit;HP EX495 server with 7tb;Ceton 4-tuner cable card.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2BZ2P View Post
I guess that's my problem. The converted files are not picking up the BMT info and each episode shows up as a separate show/season in Plex after conversion. Attached are snapshots from Plex in the unconverted (before MCE Buddy) folder and after conversion. Both sections of Plex are set up to use the SAGE/BMT/Plex scanner. The only difference between the two sections in Plex is the directory they scan.
if MCEBUDDY changes the name of the file, the Custom Plex Scanner and BMT Agent have NO WAY to obtain information from SAgex. what is used is the filename in its entirety, less the extension (which i purposely strip off)
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
will gladly help with this. just not at home right now. keep posting updates, and ill look as soon as i can this evening. im in CST btw
Still not working - I've doubled checked the steps and settings and I think I have it all. but I'm obviously missing something? in my double checking I did have the ip address fat fingered in the first properties file.

Thanks for looking into it!
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
Still not working - I've doubled checked the steps and settings and I think I have it all. but I'm obviously missing something? in my double checking I did have the ip address fat fingered in the first properties file.

Thanks for looking into it!
ok no problem.

please make sure that not only the properties files, but also the scanner files has the ip address, username and password correctly setup for your server. the scanner files have vars right at the top.

also try to hit the following URL:

http://your sage ip address : port / sagex/api

you should receive something back which shows differnt methods available.

if you do, then try the following link

http://your sage ip address : port / sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=idunnowhat

you should receive a response of false if you have placed the plex.js file in the correct directory on your server. if the file is there and you are unable to hit the command above, Restart your sage server.

try that and lemme know how it goes.

oh, you can replace idunnowhat above with a file name minus extension which resides on your server. if everything is working you should receive a fully populated XML file back with data that teh scanner and agent use to populate plex media containers.

for example

i could use: Seinfeld-S07E12-TheCaddy-15916736-0 in place of idunnowhat and it returns back xml like stated above.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plex on Debian...now no scanners available

Anyone encounter this before? Installed Plex on Debian Wheezy, and it works fine. But when I try to install the SageTV scanners (in /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server) and restart plex, the result is that i have NO media scanners at all (the text box and pulldown are both blank for everything, even existing libraries) and the BMT agent isn't available either. What am I missing?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texneus View Post
Anyone encounter this before? Installed Plex on Debian Wheezy, and it works fine. But when I try to install the SageTV scanners (in /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server) and restart plex, the result is that i have NO media scanners at all (the text box and pulldown are both blank for everything, even existing libraries) and the BMT agent isn't available either. What am I missing?
Nope, but would be happy to help you figure it out. shut everything down, then restart and Ip up your logs. Ill take a look and see if anything jumps out.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

also try to hit the following URL:

http://your sage ip address : port / sagex/api

you should receive something back which shows differnt methods available.

if you do, then try the following link

http://your sage ip address : port / sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=idunnowhat
I've updated my configuration files with 'localhost' instead of the IP, everything resides on the same machine so I hope that is ok.

I did your three tests .. all passed. (bmt webpage comes up, false comes up for idunnowhat, and fully populated xml comes up for an episode of chopped I had)

I did however notice what may be the problem??? all of my files are .ts extension, is that the problem? I don't know when that happened, I'm using sageDCT and I thought it could make mpeg or ts files.... let me know if that is the issue???
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 08-23-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarification ... isn't it always clarification?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
I've updated my configuration files with 'localhost' instead of the IP, everything resides on the same machine so I hope that is ok.

I did your three tests .. all passed. (bmt webpage comes up, false comes up for idunnowhat, and fully populated xml comes up for an episode of chopped I had)

I did however notice what may be the problem??? all of my files are .ts extension, is that the problem? I don't know when that happened, I'm using sageDCT and I thought it could make mpeg or ts files.... let me know if that is the issue???
nope... .ts files are acceptable files as far as the scanner and BMT agent are concerned. please do the following:

1) remove sagetv sections
2) shutdown plex
2) remove all code
3) restart plex
4) empty recycle bin inside of plex, as well as clean the bundles
5) shutdown plex
6) place code back in correct location
7) restart plex
8 re-add your section
9) once scan is complete (this may take some time - a few hours first run potentially) zip up the log files scanner and bmt agent.log as well as the plex media server.log file.
10) post them here for me.

I think You may have done this once but i need to start from scratch on this. Before we were missing some setting in your properties and scanner files.. not 100% correctly removing sections prior to scanning and readding can cause some issues.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nope, but would be happy to help you figure it out. shut everything down, then restart and Ip up your logs. Ill take a look and see if anything jumps out.
Would do but I figured it out. While I was posting I remembered I never set ownership of the new directories, but since I wasn't home I couldn't check. That was indeed the issue. The setup instructions for Linux needs a little help??

The Linux install directory (should be for all Debian based releases):
/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

step by step from a console (assumes a functioning Plex install, this should be valid on Debian based linuxes (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc.):
Code:
$ su #(or you can precede each command below with 'sudo')
# cd /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/"Application Support"/"Plex Media Server"
# wget http://sagetv-for-plexmediacenter.googlecode.com/files/SageTV-for-plexmediacenter-r6.zip
# apt-get install unzip #(if it isn't already)
# unzip SageTV-for-plexmediacenter-r6.zip
# chown -R plex:nogroup Scanners
# chown -R plex:nogroup __MACOSX (probably isn't necessary, but does no harm)
# chown -R plex:nogroup Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle
From here on you should be able to resume with Part 2. I say SHOULD because I haven't finished. I'll report back with any updates.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I didn't have any of those issues when I installed on my Ubuntu server. I simply added the repository and apt-get the package and it all just worked after I added the sagetv scripts.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texneus View Post
Would do but I figured it out. While I was posting I remembered I never set ownership of the new directories, but since I wasn't home I couldn't check. That was indeed the issue. The setup instructions for Linux needs a little help??

The Linux install directory (should be for all Debian based releases):
/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

step by step from a console (assumes a functioning Plex install, this should be valid on Debian based linuxes (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc.):
Code:
$ su #(or you can precede each command below with 'sudo')
# cd /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/"Application Support"/"Plex Media Server"
# wget http://sagetv-for-plexmediacenter.googlecode.com/files/SageTV-for-plexmediacenter-r6.zip
# apt-get install unzip #(if it isn't already)
# unzip SageTV-for-plexmediacenter-r6.zip
# chown -R plex:nogroup Scanners
# chown -R plex:nogroup __MACOSX (probably isn't necessary, but does no harm)
# chown -R plex:nogroup Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle
From here on you should be able to resume with Part 2. I say SHOULD because I haven't finished. I'll report back with any updates.
1) Glad you got it working
2) I also haven't had any issues at all on mutliple variants of linux I have installed this on
3) I would be happy to add your write up to the wiki -- Darci was heading that up, but will def include it in there. THANKS!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Confirmed working...mostly.

All my TV shows came in with no thumbnails, but all the rest of the meta data was in tact. I haven't used BMT for anything before, so I assume there is something I need to enable first for it to get and or provide thumbnails & fan art (etc)? I'll poke around more...

EDIT: Nevermind...RTFM for BMT... (LOL)

Last edited by texneus; 08-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I didn't have any of those issues when I installed on my Ubuntu server. I simply added the repository and apt-get the package and it all just worked after I added the sagetv scripts.
Installed on Debian as per here:
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...er-for-debian/

Thread mentions Ubuntu is a different repo, so who knows? This install seems to create a plex user. The chown above matches the user/group of the rest of the plex install files, it may very well vary based on the host OS...
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I now have fan art & metadata downloaded by BMT for recordings and imports and with the Pheonix fan art plug in I can even see them in the SageTV v7 UI. BUT...I still do not get any fan art in Plex for recorded TV. Giving up for the night...been a long day, but if anyone knows what needs to be done in the morning I'm all ears...
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Original Air Date

Is there a way to force the original air date to display in plex? I use SageTV to record MLB and NHL games but when I use any of the Plex clients (standalone client, web player or android app) I always have a difficult time telling which order they were aired. Videos I download and are imported into SageTV then into Plex with the use of the Plex Scanner and BMT Agent will display the original airing date but sporting events that are recorded using SageTV will not display the original air date. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
Is there a way to force the original air date to display in plex? I use SageTV to record MLB and NHL games but when I use any of the Plex clients (standalone client, web player or android app) I always have a difficult time telling which order they were aired. Videos I download and are imported into SageTV then into Plex with the use of the Plex Scanner and BMT Agent will display the original airing date but sporting events that are recorded using SageTV will not display the original air date. Thanks.
can you show me an example of the original air date for a sporting even out of BMT with a screenshot please?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your quick response. After looking in BMT I cannot show you a screenshot of the original air date for a sporting event because BMT is not showing an original air date, this must be because I have BMT configured to not Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings. I guess I'll have to turn this on in order to keep that information in my recordings. I get metadata from thetvdb.com for everyting and they do not have listings for sporting events. Thanks for asking the right question.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
Thanks for your quick response. After looking in BMT I cannot show you a screenshot of the original air date for a sporting event because BMT is not showing an original air date, this must be because I have BMT configured to not Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings. I guess I'll have to turn this on in order to keep that information in my recordings. I get metadata from thetvdb.com for everyting and they do not have listings for sporting events. Thanks for asking the right question.
anytime. glad you figured it out!