SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
It doesn't seem like you're following the instructions here:

https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...x_Media_Server

because
is not correct.

You must follow the instructions precisely in order for this to work...
Thanks...that was indeed the problem.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Excellent! Sounds like you got it sorted out and working?
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Sage User

Yes...just need to play with it a little now.
Just got the new Roku last week, so having fun with my new toy.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

I got my (70 yo) mom a Roku about two years ago and while she only uses it for Netflix, she loves it. Best little I could have bought her. I got one sometime in the last year and it's great for the bedroom/guest room -- with Plex it seems to be a very nice combo of local and online content...
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Sage Expert

Is there a plex plugin to skip commercials?
I tried a search, but there were so many false matches that I gave up.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
Is there a plex plugin to skip commercials?
I tried a search, but there were so many false matches that I gave up.
There is currently no way in plex to have the server side read edl file or pass the edl file along to the client. What I do is copy, convert, and cut commercials after a recording is finished.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Failure with some TV Show Metadata and Fanart

I set Plex and the BMTAgent up today and I just have to say WOW. Really great stuff you have done here. Really blown away.

I have been wrangling with a problem for a few hours, though, and I think I can't get any further without some help. I am getting metadata and fanart for all movies. It looks wonderful. My problem is that I am getting metadata and fanart for some shows but not all. It seems pretty random to me as to which shows get the data. I have removes all my sage folders and readded, and I think the second time I scanned, I got a few more sets of data than I did the first time. Also, for several shows, I had metadata but no art. If I go in the edit the metadata, I can click change Poster and Background and there are options there for me to choose. SO I have added a few mor ethis way, but I don't understand why it isnt automatic. I am going to try to attach the two log files to this post. Note in the com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log file there are several critical errors. I had to cut some of the middle out of the plexmediascanner.txt file becasue it was too large. Also, I have checked on the BMT web view and all the metadata and fanart are there in BMT -- the problem is that they somehow are not getting pulled into Plex.

I am also having the pinkish hue or film over a lot of the thumbnails, but I will worry about that problem after I get this first one solved.

Thanks for any help anyone can give. I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I could easily have screwed something up.
Attached Files
File Type: txt com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.txt (461.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: txt Plex Media Scanner.old.txt (525.7 KB, 168 views)
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieb View Post
I set Plex and the BMTAgent up today and I just have to say WOW. Really great stuff you have done here. Really blown away.

I have been wrangling with a problem for a few hours, though, and I think I can't get any further without some help. I am getting metadata and fanart for all movies. It looks wonderful. My problem is that I am getting metadata and fanart for some shows but not all. It seems pretty random to me as to which shows get the data. I have removes all my sage folders and readded, and I think the second time I scanned, I got a few more sets of data than I did the first time. Also, for several shows, I had metadata but no art. If I go in the edit the metadata, I can click change Poster and Background and there are options there for me to choose. SO I have added a few mor ethis way, but I don't understand why it isnt automatic. I am going to try to attach the two log files to this post. Note in the com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log file there are several critical errors. I had to cut some of the middle out of the plexmediascanner.txt file becasue it was too large. Also, I have checked on the BMT web view and all the metadata and fanart are there in BMT -- the problem is that they somehow are not getting pulled into Plex.

I am also having the pinkish hue or film over a lot of the thumbnails, but I will worry about that problem after I get this first one solved.

Thanks for any help anyone can give. I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I could easily have screwed something up.

Glad you like it and its mostly working out for you. Now for your questions:

1) I see in the log that plex is pulling the majority of the shows out of its cache which means this. The section was removed as you said, but plex media server was not completely shutdown and restarted prior to adding the section back in and doing the full scan.

2) The hue in the images is a BMT issue which another user was seeing as well. Check back through this thread and I believe that Sean answers some questions on things to try. If not I'll reach out to him and see if there is something we can do

3) Images not showing up but being available in plex means a few things
- The scan hasn't completely finished when you try and look at the images. the way plex works is it will obtain all of the necessary information from the scanner and agents to get the media item added to the media stack. When the scanning is done, it will then continue to download the larger metadata items such as artwork, etc.
- The browser you are viweing the items in is using a cached page after the artwork as been correctly downloaded and attached to the media item
- It is possible that BMT/sagex has a null image for the first image in the series. I have seen this several times in my own library. going into BMT, removing the null image, and then doing a complete "deep scan" in plex seems to fix the issue for me. In certain cases i did have to go into the individual items within plex and remove the null image as well.

4) In order to help you with the items not showing up i will need to know a fe things:
- What OS are you running PMS on
- Are you running the most recent version of the code r5?
- Remove the sagetv sections completely
- shutdown plex and restart it
- re-add your sections and rerun a full scan
- Remember - SageTV Movie SCanner doesn't use BMT to fetch metadata. it uses the built in metadataagent provided by plex.
- zip up and attach the mediaserver.log as well as the mediascanner.log anbd bmtagent.log

If the files are to big, then PM me and I will give you my email address for your to send the logs along to me.

~Mike
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for such a thorough reply, Mike. I will get going on this tonight after work.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Smile

Got the new Roku3 over the weekend, setup was extremely simple. Plex and Roku are happy together and everything seems to be working perfectly. (the only minor thing is the "pink hue" on the thumbnails, but I'm not complaining) Thank you for all of your hard work - it's a pretty good solution for those of us trying to replace Sage hardware. you rock.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still no luck

Mike - still having problems. Tried to answer your questions below.

Quote:
1) I see in the log that plex is pulling the majority of the shows out of its cache which means this. The section was removed as you said, but plex media server was not completely shutdown and restarted prior to adding the section back in and doing the full scan.
I removed everything and completely shut down and restarted. Then I readded the section and it did the scan. Same results. Some shows work 100%. Others get all the written metadata but no fanart. Others get only the name of the show, but nothing else. Finally some get the name of the show and the written metadata and some fanart (but it is usually the same picture 3 or 4 times in a row), but it does not select the fanart -- I have to go in manually and change it from the plex icon to the fanart. If it helps you in looking at the logs to have a few examples, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Grey's Anatomy and Handy Manny worked perfectly. Scandal got everything but I had to go select fanart. Phineas and Ferb got only the name of the show.

Quote:
2) The hue in the images is a BMT issue which another user was seeing as well. Check back through this thread and I believe that Sean answers some questions on things to try. If not I'll reach out to him and see if there is something we can do
I will try these and get back to you.

Quote:
4) In order to help you with the items not showing up i will need to know a fe things:
- What OS are you running PMS on
- Are you running the most recent version of the code r5?
- Remove the sagetv sections completely
- shutdown plex and restart it
- re-add your sections and rerun a full scan
- Remember - SageTV Movie SCanner doesn't use BMT to fetch metadata. it uses the built in metadataagent provided by plex.
- zip up and attach the mediaserver.log as well as the mediascanner.log anbd bmtagent.log
-Running Windows 7
- Yes most recent version of the Code r5.
- Performed step by step you outlined above
- log files attached

Thanks again. I really appreciate your time. I definitely know time is the scarcest resource we have.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (101.1 KB, 122 views)
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I have never had any success getting Metadata for all my recordings... It just does not get it from BMT even though BMT shows details etc... It just never fully worked for me.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have never had any success getting Metadata for all my recordings... It just does not get it from BMT even though BMT shows details etc... It just never fully worked for me.

I would say that is more the exception than the rule. I have never had problems getting ALL of my sage recordings including movies to show up with metadata and fanart in plex.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I removed everything and completely shut down and restarted. Then I readded the section and it did the scan. Same results. Some shows work 100%. Others get all the written metadata but no fanart. Others get only the name of the show, but nothing else. Finally some get the name of the show and the written metadata and some fanart (but it is usually the same picture 3 or 4 times in a row), but it does not select the fanart -- I have to go in manually and change it from the plex icon to the fanart. If it helps you in looking at the logs to have a few examples, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Grey's Anatomy and Handy Manny worked perfectly. Scandal got everything but I had to go select fanart. Phineas and Ferb got only the name of the show.

-Running Windows 7
- log files attached

Thanks again. I really appreciate your time. I definitely know time is the scarcest resource we have.
What file extensions make up your recordings directory? I see mpeg and ts, anything else?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

-Running Windows 7
- log files attached

In your BMTAgents log i see no reference to the BMT agent actually being called again. It looks as though everything is still being reused from cache. Are you certain that you shut down the plex media server and all of its services from running, and then when adding the section back in you selected SageTV Scanner and BMTAgent as the scanner/metadata agent?

Also are you running the most recent version of plex media server?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 8.23.48 AM.png (109.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 8.25.41 AM.png (79.0 KB, 158 views)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I definitely shut it down. I even did it twice just to be sure. Should I just uninstall everything and start from the beginning? One other thing I was thinking of - I had never used BMT before I tried plex so I just installed it right before plex. Is it possible I did something wrong there? I don't think so but wanted to raise it. Did you see the CRITICAL errors in the logs? Is that unrelated? Thanks again.

Edit - yes got the most recent version of PMS.
Edit again - just saw earlier message. I only have mpg and ts files.

Last edited by willieb; 04-23-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I definitely shut it down. I even did it twice just to be sure. Should I just uninstall everything and start from the beginning? One other thing I was thinking of - I had never used BMT before I tried plex so I just installed it right before plex. Is it possible I did something wrong there? I don't think so but wanted to raise it. Did you see the CRITICAL errors in the logs? Is that unrelated? Thanks again.

Edit - yes got the most recent version of PMS.
Edit again - just saw earlier message. I only have mpg and ts files.
bmt is not actually waht is used. BMT is the front end web ui (and much MUCH more) built by Sean.

The plex code uses the sagex apis as outlined in the wiki.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
bmt is not actually waht is used. BMT is the front end web ui (and much MUCH more) built by Sean.

The plex code uses the sagex apis as outlined in the wiki.
Oh, ok. By BMT I meant the BMT Web Interface plugin. I read the wiki and it says you have to have it installed (and there is a comment at the end that says you have to have it too), so I assumed it was doing some of the work on the backend and thought I had screwed it up somehow.

So it sounds like there was no sort of "Aha" entry in the logs to tell you what is going on? Just my luck.

OK. I am going to read everything again, uninstall everything and start over. Thanks for your help. I will report back.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

Did you drop the plex.js file on your server? If you did try running the following from a web browser and post the results in a code block for me:

Http:// your server ip : port /sagex/api?c=plex:getMediaFileForName&1= name of a media recording on sage server minus extension
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's what I got. Doesn't look good. Just to be sure, I place plex.js in the SageTV/SageTV/sagex/services folder right? So that in that folder I have plex.js and sagex.js?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<error sagex-version="7.1.9.1">-<message>
<![CDATA[java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: no such method: getMediaFileForName]]>
</message>-<exception>
<![CDATA[java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: no such method: getMediaFileForName at sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:200) at sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.handleRequest(ApiHandler.java:140) at sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doPost(SagexServlet.java:60) at sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doGet(SagexServlet.java:38) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409) at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520) Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: no such method: getMediaFileForName at com.sun.script.javascript.RhinoScriptEngine.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.sun.script.javascript.RhinoScriptEngine.invokeFunction(Unknown Source) at sagex.remote.api.ServiceFactory.callService(ServiceFactory.java:83) at sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:198) ... 22 more ]]>
</exception></error>