SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I was not able to get SageDCT working on Windows 7 without leaving on the firewall.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 04-23-2014, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way that I can have the HDHR Prime/SageDCT save just that tuner's shows as .mpg files instead of .ts files?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Is there a way that I can have the HDHR Prime/SageDCT save just that tuner's shows as .mpg files instead of .ts files?
yes you can but then you cannot use ffmpeg.

if you are using DUMP change
encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false to encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true in sage properties make sure sage is shutdown. Do this on all SAGEDCT tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-23-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage User

Update

Just thought I would update everybody using SageDCT and my short history migrating to it. First off I've been a SageTV user since 2002 or 2003 on Comcast. When Comcast went HD in 2006 I bought SiliconDust Digital tuners to supplement my analog tuners. Unfortunately I purchased two new tuners, to improve poor signal strength from Comcast, just before they started encrypting everything (also NO notification) in Oct 2013.

I rushed ordered the SiliconDust Prime's and was back up within two days but noticed a few Black screen shows. Testing each of the channels, I found some channels came in Black while others didn't AND these changed on sometimes a daily basis.

I downloaded Babgvant's SageDCT 2.6 (thank you) and did the necessary changes within the Sage property file and ran for a month or two. A few files came in with chipmunk audio so I donated the $5 and upgraded to 2.7.2 (WELL WORTH IT).

No Black videos but an occasional chipmunk audio but ONLY when I convert from a corrupted mpeg source to an mkv. I also used to get an occasional complete drop of the audio in an unconverted mpeg but that seems to have gone away too.

The two channels that have the most problems are Comcast's sport channels and with Hockey and Baseball my daughter and wife's FAVORITE sport I just moved the channels off the Primes back to HDPVR until I figure out why the higher rate of corruption on those two channels.

As for any firewall issues while installing SageDCT, I had none. I have a fairly complex network with firewalls on all 6 of my PCs to protect from internal and external threats, so it was a non-issue having SageDCT require a working firewall.

BigMac
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
yes you can but then you cannot use ffmpeg.

if you are using DUMP change
encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false to encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true in sage properties make sure sage is shutdown. Do this on all SAGEDCT tuners.
Thanks, NP, that's what I needed.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I'm coming late to the game, but I just reformatted my Sage PC and put on Win7 32-bit and SageTV. I want to add the HDHR Prime to my mix of tuners with SageDCT. Is there an up-to-date guide?
Old 04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

This post here is still pretty accurate I believe:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1360

If you are on Win7 and using the Windows firewall, I do not know if you need to alter the ports or such. I think this is done automagically by SageDCT.

If you are using an alternate firewall, my post here describes which other ports to open:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...012#post562012

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 04-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Cool, thanks.

Now I just need to discern if there is any advantage to SageDCT over my Hauppauge HD PVR.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Sweet mother ... I run each configuration, one on one system (HD-PVR), and one on the other (SageDCT). If your cable company doesn't copy flag nearly all channels, the only reason I can see anyone wanting to use an HD-PVR is for specific channels that are copy flagged. Otherwise it's simple, SageDCT is the correct answer.

This guide is good:

http://missingremote.com/guide/saged...guration-guide
Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage User

WHS v1 and "No Signal" w/ SageDCT

Has anyone had success with SageDCT, HDHR Prime (with Cablecard) and Comcast on WHS v1? I was successfully running that combo until recently when the "No Signal" incidents have increased to the point where I had to do something about it. I upgraded SageTV, SageDCT and the HDHR firmware. When I use the SageDCT Dump capture method, I now always get the "No Signal" message on the "major network" channels but not on the "upper" channels. When I select the Ffmpeg capture method, I get "No Signal" on ALL channels. I'd like to get Ffmpeg working since, from what I've read, that will fix the "No Signal" issues on the clear QAM channels. Here are the specifics:

SageTV 7.1.9 using
WHS version 1 (the one based on Server 2003)
SageDCT 2.7.0.2 (donor version)
HDHR Prime Model: HDHR3-CC Firmware version 20140121 with Motorola Cablecard
Comcast Digital Preferred (no Premium channels)

- I did the HDHR channel scans on all 3 tuners
- I added the entries to the SageTV properties file generated by SageDCT, using the IP address of the SageTV server instead of the localhost option.
- I added Windows firewall exceptions for the tuner ports.
- I use a local file name for the SageTV files: D:\shares\SageTV
- I configured the video sources in SageTV
- I applied a different LibFfmpegMux.dll in the c:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT directory based on comments from Andy on this forum (below) and on the babgvant site:
"Are you using an XP based OS? If so try replacing LibFfmpegMux.dll with this one. http://babgvant.com/downloads/sagedc...fmpegMuxXP.zip "
- I also installed the Virtual Studio 2012 runtime (C++ redistributables) based on another comment on the babgvant site

The last two steps I did after the earlier steps were not successful.

When I use the Ffmpeg capture method, the error I'm getting in the SageDCT log is: Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: Unable to load DLL 'LibFfmpegMux.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Until things calm down a bit, maybe it would be worth pulling one tuner from Sage and assigning it to Windows Media Center for a little side-by-side testing (although not sure if home server has the WMC capability to do this I guess).
Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendercc View Post
- I applied a different LibFfmpegMux.dll in the c:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT directory based on comments from Andy on this forum (below) and on the babgvant site:
"Are you using an XP based OS? If so try replacing LibFfmpegMux.dll with this one. http://babgvant.com/downloads/sagedc...fmpegMuxXP.zip "
- I also installed the Virtual Studio 2012 runtime (C++ redistributables) based on another comment on the babgvant site

When I use the Ffmpeg capture method, the error I'm getting in the SageDCT log is: Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: Unable to load DLL 'LibFfmpegMux.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
Just a guess, but when you replaced the DLL, did you register it?
http://www.wikihow.com/Register-a-DLL
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Thanks Tiki - I just renamed the old one and copied the new one into the c:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT directory (they are named the same). I'll give your suggestion a try.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Sage User

I tried to register the DLL and received the following error:
LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT\LibFfmpegMux.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I tried to register the DLL and received the following error:
LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT\LibFfmpegMux.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I think this means that some function in that DLL is trying to call another function that Windows doesn't recognize. My first guess would be that babgvant's code is dependent on some other library being installed first (like the Microsoft C++ Runtime). You mentioned below that you had installed this though.

Maybe re-install that first, then try re-installing the SageDCT stuff?
Also, try using the "run as administrator" function to run the installers (right-click on the installer and look for run as administrator in the pop-up).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Sage User

I did "Unblock" (a WHS requirement) and run as Administrator. I'll try to reinstall those components and SageDCT anyway.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I did "Unblock" (a WHS requirement) and run as Administrator. I'll try to reinstall those components and SageDCT anyway.
No luck with a reinstall. Ugh.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible that the problem could actually be a poor signal?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Has anyone had success with SageDCT, HDHR Prime (with Cablecard) and Comcast on WHS v1? I was successfully running that combo until recently when the "No Signal" incidents have increased to the point where I had to do something about it. I upgraded SageTV, SageDCT and the HDHR firmware. When I use the SageDCT Dump capture method, I now always get the "No Signal" message on the "major network" channels but not on the "upper" channels. When I select the Ffmpeg capture method, I get "No Signal" on ALL channels. I'd like to get Ffmpeg working since, from what I've read, that will fix the "No Signal" issues on the clear QAM channels. Here are the specifics:

SageTV 7.1.9 using
WHS version 1 (the one based on Server 2003)
SageDCT 2.7.0.2 (donor version)
HDHR Prime Model: HDHR3-CC Firmware version 20140121 with Motorola Cablecard
Comcast Digital Preferred (no Premium channels)

- I did the HDHR channel scans on all 3 tuners
- I added the entries to the SageTV properties file generated by SageDCT, using the IP address of the SageTV server instead of the localhost option.
- I added Windows firewall exceptions for the tuner ports.
- I use a local file name for the SageTV files: D:\shares\SageTV
- I configured the video sources in SageTV

I'm running Windows 8 pro and can't get my new HDHR Prime to work, I tried to follow the same steps you listed. The Silicon software shows channels just fine but SageTV Keeps telling me 'No signal'. Not sure what else to try. But I'm not very tech savvy...Well here's one difference I have DCT 2.6, I didn't see the donor button but I'll look for it a second time.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

The fact that I can't get beyond zero bytes filesize in the recordings is obviously the crux of the issue but I don't know what would be causing this.