SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
make sure this is set to false in the properties. Look for your Sagedct Tuners. This will create a TS file instead of mpg.Make sure to shutdown Sage first... if it is set to false already then I would send the logs to Andy.

encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false
Haha de ja vu. Yes, I've tried that. Also, I've asked Andy for help, and he has sent me that modified .dll for XP systems (I'm running Windows 7 btw).

I was wondering if there were any other potential solutions. I'm getting the black screen issue with more and more recordings, and I've read that people have fixed that by using ffmpeg capture (as opposed to VLC capture).
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Haha de ja vu. Yes, I've tried that. Also, I've asked Andy for help, and he has sent me that modified .dll for XP systems (I'm running Windows 7 btw).

I was wondering if there were any other potential solutions. I'm getting the black screen issue with more and more recordings, and I've read that people have fixed that by using ffmpeg capture (as opposed to VLC capture).
I had problems when I just Installed SageDCT. I had to uninstall it and run the setup as Administrator so the FFMPEG registered correctly. I right clicked on the setup and ran as Administrator. Hey its worth a try.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had problems when I just Installed SageDCT. I had to uninstall it and run the setup as Administrator so the FFMPEG registered correctly. I right clicked on the setup and ran as Administrator. Hey its worth a try.
Haha these are all the fixes you suggested last time and none have worked. Thanks for trying, though.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Old 02-08-2014, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Haha these are all the fixes you suggested last time and none have worked. Thanks for trying, though.

Install the Lav Filters and use Dump and create mpg that is what I use.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Install the Lav Filters and use Dump and create mpg that is what I use.
Do you have Comcast? Were you having the "No Signal" issue?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
5012 is NOWHERE to be seen in the configureSageDCT settings, btw. It is close to the 5010 listed as my RTP port. The next tuner being blocked was 5014... so, in addition to the tuner ports being opened, the RTP start port + 2 others (for the 2 other tuners) must be opened. Again, these are NOT ports listed in configuresagedct.
Look at the tool tip for RTP Start port ("Starting port for RTP sessions on the DCT. Each encoder uses two."). Some simple math 5010 + (2 * n) (where n is the number of tuners), tells you what ports to unblock if you decided to roll your own firewall rules.

Last edited by babgvant; 02-09-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have Comcast? Were you having the "No Signal" issue?
Nope never had it ... One thing I do not use the Sage Splitter or their DSHOW filters. Yes I do have Comcast.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-09-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nope never had it ... One thing I do not use the Sage Splitter or their DSHOW filters. Yes I do have Comcast.
So there's no way to know if your method of capture will resolve the "No Signal" issue. That's why I'm running in VLC mode to begin with...
Old 02-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Look at the tool tip for RTP Start port ("Starting port for RTP sessions on the DCT. Each encoder uses two."). Some simple math 5010 + (2 * n) (where n is the number of tuners), tells you what ports to unblock if you decided to roll your own firewall rules.
Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, I figured when they were multiples of 2 off from the starting RTP port something like this was in play. It just hasn't been spelled out in any of the tutorials I could find online. And trust me, I was searching like a madman for a week!

Worse off, many threads with similar problems ended in, "Oh, nevermind, it just works now for some reason."

Thank you for your work on continuing the longevity of SageTV! I know XP is not something most developers are thinking of these days, but the backwards compatibility is appreciated.

Also for posterity, for XP users, the log file is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SageDCT. I had been looking under the logged in user's appdata.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
If I have just started the SageDCT service, "Functioning: true" shows up. However, any attempt to tune into a channel, after a small pause, gives a "no encoders can tune" the channel error. The functioning then turns to 'false.' So something happens to the SageDCT service upon my tuning attempt. If I stop and restart the SageDCT service, the functioning turns true, but the "no encoders can tune" error will hit again.

Similarly, when I first turn on the SageDCT service and use the test function, it does return with a 1 code. However, after I try to tune into a channel, and go back to test, the connection is refused.
I had an issue like this in W7. I had to make sure SageDCT and SageTV servers were using the same user account. That fixed everything. (Not sure why I didn't have to do that on the first SageTV system I put it on. Maybe all the file access limit I had set up???) (Eek! Just noticed my sig was out of date!)

Hope this help you, or someone else.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
holy crap. I checked the file size of the 2-hour Sherlock recording from Masterpiece Mystery the other night. Its 74 GB's?!?!? I've seen large raw stream size files from the Prime before, but that seems a bit excessive. I wonder what the bit rate is on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I have seen it before occasionally where the prime doesn't actually stop recording, and I end up with a much longer and much larger recording. And just for a point of reference my Sherlock HDHR OTA recording is just under 12 GB.
So I've had a couple more of these runaway recordings, where they simply don't stop. The most recent were all Olympics on NBC. Not sure where the failure is or why it started happening, whether it's Sage, the Prime or SageDCT.

I do have extensions on the Olympics favorite of 30 minutes to cover overruns. The problem is random and doesn't happen all the time.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So I've had a couple more of these runaway recordings, where they simply don't stop. The most recent were all Olympics on NBC. Not sure where the failure is or why it started happening, whether it's Sage, the Prime or SageDCT.

I do have extensions on the Olympics favorite of 30 minutes to cover overruns. The problem is random and doesn't happen all the time.

Anyone else seeing this?
I have not seen this, but some of the following information from people who are having this issue may help narrow things down:
Which version of Sage DCT are you using?
Which SageDCT recording method (Dump, VLC, FFMPEG)?
Any other plugins installed that might possibly affect recording length, such as "Sage Recording Extender"?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I'm a complete idiot. I figured out why I was getting the error "Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format" when using the FFMPEG capture in 2.7.2.

I did a little bit a google searching for similar errors. It turns out that many of these errors are caused by an attempt to load a 32-bit dll in a 64 bit OS. I'm running 64 bit Win 7. I thought I had downloaded the correct version of 2.7.2 - the 64 bit version. It turns out I had not. When I installed the 64 bit version, the error went away and I can use the FFMPEG capture.

The other good news is that so far it appears to have eliminated my "black screen" issue. I could not watch last night's NBC broadcast of the Olympics due to this black screen issue. After correcting my MMPEG problem, and loading 2.7.2, I was immediately able to watch.

I'm hoping the black screen issue won't pop up again. I'm having the wife report any further occurrences.

I tell you, I was *this* close to ordering a TiVo Roamio with a TiVo mini.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I have not seen this, but some of the following information from people who are having this issue may help narrow things down:
Which version of Sage DCT are you using?
Which SageDCT recording method (Dump, VLC, FFMPEG)?
Any other plugins installed that might possibly affect recording length, such as "Sage Recording Extender"?
2.7.0.2 (is that the same as 2.7.2?, I haven't been able to get into my account on babgvant to check)
FFMPEG
not using SRE or anything like it
Old 02-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
2.7.0.2 (is that the same as 2.7.2?, I haven't been able to get into my account on babgvant to check)
FFMPEG
not using SRE or anything like it
OK, I am not using FFMPEG and am on an older rev of SageDCT (I'll have to check which one when I am at home), and have not seen this problem, so maybe that has something to do with it? Has anyone else reported this problem yet?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Hey folks,

I'm starting to see this issue as well. It doesn't happen for all the shows, just some (a show on OWN). TS file is created, and I can watch it on VLC, but it fails to show on Sage.

Is it true that the beta of SageDCT (http://babgvant.com/files/folders/li...ntry21866.aspx) will solve this? If so, how can I get access to it? It sounds like donating to babgvant will do the trick, but nowhere on his site does it say so, so I just wanted to double check. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwoo View Post
Hey folks,

I'm starting to see this issue as well. It doesn't happen for all the shows, just some (a show on OWN). TS file is created, and I can watch it on VLC, but it fails to show on Sage.

Is it true that the beta of SageDCT (http://babgvant.com/files/folders/li...ntry21866.aspx) will solve this? If so, how can I get access to it? It sounds like donating to babgvant will do the trick, but nowhere on his site does it say so, so I just wanted to double check. Thanks!
that is in the limited access area and is limited to donators.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwoo View Post
Hey folks,

Thus far after a few days, it has solved my black screen problem. Donate to Andy and install the latest version.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Thus far after a few days, it has solved my black screen problem. Donate to Andy and install the latest version.
Whoa... What black screen issue?? I've had a couple shows where it's a black screen and no video but there is sound on my extenders.. Is this what you guys have seen and a change in SAGE DCT fixes it??

Jim
Old 02-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

My sage DCT says version 2.7.0.2
Is that the same as 2.7.2?

I'm already using ffmpeg.. for capture.. Is there something else I need to do?