SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone running the latest firmware, 20131126beta1, on their Prime?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Anyone running the latest firmware, 20131126beta1, on their Prime?
It runs fine no problem.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed it last night, rescanned, and now there's one channel I can't tune. SageDCT tunes it and writes a recording that is viewable outside of Sage; however, Sage shows "No Signal".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by themeister View Post
I installed it last night, rescanned, and now there's one channel I can't tune. SageDCT tunes it and writes a recording that is viewable outside of Sage; however, Sage shows "No Signal".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill
what's the channel and does it show up with any ccflags in the Prime web status page?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 11-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
what's the channel and does it show up with any ccflags in the Prime web status page?
This appears to be an EPG issue. I can now tune the channel with Sage; however, I still get "No Data". It's Fox News Channel, 837.

Zap2it lists as "FoxNews HD". HDHR had it as "FNCHD". I changed the mapping in the HDHR Pirme to be "FoxNewsHD" and it now tunes it. Also tried "FoxNews HD".

I still get "No Data".

I've also tried (several times), deleting the "server_update_id" and "expanded_until" entries in Sage Properties.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Once again I must b*tch about the FX Network. I don't know what it is that's in their streams, but my initial recording of last night's finale of Sons of Anarchy was truncated from 2 hours to 23 minutes.

I specifically moved the recording source from an HD-PVR on DirecTV to the Prime to avoid audio issues there, but on the Prime I get these timeline problems on occasion.

Of all networks for which I have stream problems, FX has the worst track record for me. I'm pretty convinced its something unique to their source data.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've recently starting having issues where recordings appear with sound, but no video. The screen is completely black. The file plays fine in VLC, but the video is black on my HD200 or HD300.

Any known fix? I'm running SageDCT 2.6.0, with "Use VLC for RTP capture" checked. My HomeRun Prime firmware is 20120524beta1.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 12-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I've recently starting having issues where recordings appear with sound, but no video. The screen is completely black. The file plays fine in VLC, but the video is black on my HD200 or HD300.

Any known fix? I'm running SageDCT 2.6.0, with "Use VLC for RTP capture" checked. My HomeRun Prime firmware is 20120524beta1.
Do they playback through Windows Media Player or MPC Home Cinema? VLC rolls its own codecs & filters and isn't the ideal test as a comparison to the extenders.

You might want to look into getting SageDCT 2.7.2, it uses FFMPEG internally for the capture. There use to be a small fee to Andy for using that version (totally appropriate!!). Not sure that's still true.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Sage User

I've collected a number of "black" videos that still have sound and noticed that: 1-The videos are missing the aspect, frame type and FPS info. 2- They all become visible after converting them to just about anything within Sage.

BTW: I'm still running SageDCT 2.6.0. As for the "black" videos, all mine came from non-network shows (like Disney, Toon, Nick and Comedy Channel). These are also the channels that (on occasion) exhibit the chipmunk sound issue. But I've never gotten a chipmunk and "black" screen video on the same video file. It's either one or the other when it does happened.

BigMac
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
I've collected a number of "black" videos that still have sound and noticed that: 1-The videos are missing the aspect, frame type and FPS info. 2- They all become visible after converting them to just about anything within Sage.

BTW: I'm still running SageDCT 2.6.0. As for the "black" videos, all mine came from non-network shows (like Disney, Toon, Nick and Comedy Channel). These are also the channels that (on occasion) exhibit the chipmunk sound issue. But I've never gotten a chipmunk and "black" screen video on the same video file. It's either one or the other when it does happened.

BigMac
I am Curious because I have Comcast and have never suffered these symptoms. I only use DUMP not fmmpeg or VLC options.

I let Sage encode all the ts files as mpg. I am curious if you are creating TS files?

I have this property set on all my encoders from Silicondust ... which creates the mpgs... instead of TS files.
encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true
mmc/encoders/123456972/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true

I have always had it this way It was recommended a long time ago by NARFLEX.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...96&postcount=8

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-16-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Sage User

Reviewing my properties file I find that those values are set to false (makes TS files). I reviewed my old properties file with my old encoders and I had set them to true (over time).

Later tonight (after the wife and daughter finish SageTV viewing) I'll switch them to true and monitor. Thanks.

BigMac
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Reviewing my properties file I find that those values are set to false (makes TS files). I reviewed my old properties file with my old encoders and I had set them to true (over time).

Later tonight (after the wife and daughter finish SageTV viewing) I'll switch them to true and monitor. Thanks.

BigMac
PS Make sure you use DUMP .. in SAGEDCT
Thanks let us know the results it can help others.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-16-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do they playback through Windows Media Player or MPC Home Cinema? VLC rolls its own codecs & filters and isn't the ideal test as a comparison to the extenders.

You might want to look into getting SageDCT 2.7.2, it uses FFMPEG internally for the capture. There use to be a small fee to Andy for using that version (totally appropriate!!). Not sure that's still true.
Well, I tried running 2.7.2 using Ffmpeg capture, but I'm getting the "no signal" issue and the same error that mtenboer is reporting: "Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)"

I also tried DirectShow, but I get this error: Error starting DirectShowRtpWriter: babgvant RTP Source is not installed

I tried "dump", but of course that means that several of my channels give the "no signal" error - a lot more than have the no video issue using VLC.

So, I've gone back to 2.6 since the VLC option was removed in 2.7.2. Of course, that means that I'm getting the no video issue on some shows.

Maybe the Ffmpeg or directshow issues are an easy fix, we just need Andy in here to take a look at it.

EDIT: I also tried nyplayer's suggestion of setting "encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream" to false, but that had no effect.

EDIT 2: Could it be that I am running an older HomeRun Prime firmware? The software is reporting my firmware as 20120524beta1. I've installed the latest release version, but for some reason its not updating my firmware, or at least it's still reporting an older firmware. I'm not seeing a way to just download the firmware, other than the latest beta version. I am nervous about running a beta firmware. I am worried it might break my fragile SageDCT setup.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 12-17-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, I tried running 2.7.2 using Ffmpeg capture, but I'm getting the "no signal" issue and the same error that mtenboer is reporting: "Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)"
Are you using an XP based OS? If so try replacing LibFfmpegMux.dll with this one. http://babgvant.com/downloads/sagedc...fmpegMuxXP.zip

Quote:
I also tried DirectShow, but I get this error: Error starting DirectShowRtpWriter: babgvant RTP Source is not installed

Don't use that, it shouldn't be there. I never finished it.

Quote:
EDIT: I also tried nyplayer's suggestion of setting "encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream" to false, but that had no effect.
This won't have any affect on this issue. It just tells ffmpeg to create a MPEG-PS (.mpg) instead of a MPEG-TS (.ts).
Old 12-17-2013, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=Sparhawk6;560245]EDIT: I also tried nyplayer's suggestion of setting "encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream" to false, but that had no effect.
QUOTE]

It does have an effect and I said to set it to "true not false". If I use just dump and that setting is set to false I have problems watching certain shows.. If it is set to true then SageTV remuxes the file on the fly... and corrects any problems.

I also found out that If that setting is set to true and I try using FFMPEG then I have problems.

This works for me.

FFMPEG
encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false
mmc/encoders/123456972/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false

DUMP

This does not work for me.

FFMPEG

DUMP

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-17-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE=nyplayer;560254]
Quote:
QUOTE]

It does have an effect and I said to set it to "true not false". If I use just dump and that setting is set to false I have problems watching certain shows.. If it is set to true then SageTV remuxes the file on the fly... and corrects any problems.

I also found out that If that setting is set to true and I try using FFMPEG then I have problems.

This works for me.

FFMPEG

DUMP

This does not work for me.

FFMPEG

DUMP
But I was talking about using FFmpeg. Under your theory, setting it to "false" while using FFmpeg should work. It doesn't make any difference for me. True or false, it doesn't work.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Sparhawk6,

Maybe I missed it but what System are you using.? I know when I installed SageDCT 2.72 on my system I had to make sure that I ran it as Administrator ... by right Clicking on the setup file and select run as Administrator in order for FFMPEG to register properly then I rebooted. I am on windows 8.1. I was having all sorts of problems with FFMPEG option before doing this.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-17-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Sage User

I corrected encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream and set that to true last night. I think I missed that before because SageDCT setup output had it at false and I just missed it when I reviewed the file before inserting it into the properties file. I did think it strange that newer recordings were TS files instead of the .mpg files of the past. AND I didn't follow my own protocol when making changes to SageTV and identifying problems by looking at what changed, but I'll pin that one on Comcast for NOT notifying me of their new policy of encrypting all the channels that caused me to rush to get my Sage back online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
PS Make sure you use DUMP .. in SAGEDCT
Thanks let us know the results it can help others.
Not sure what DUMP is.

I'll run with the changes I made and report in a week if all my "black" videos and/or chipmunk audio have disappeared.

BigMac
Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I corrected encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream and set that to true last night. I think I missed that before because SageDCT setup output had it at false and I just missed it when I reviewed the file before inserting it into the properties file. I did think it strange that newer recordings were TS files instead of the .mpg files of the past. AND I didn't follow my own protocol when making changes to SageTV and identifying problems by looking at what changed, but I'll pin that one on Comcast for NOT notifying me of their new policy of encrypting all the channels that caused me to rush to get my Sage back online.

Not sure what DUMP is.

I'll run with the changes I made and report in a week if all my "black" videos and/or chipmunk audio have disappeared.

BigMac
DUMP is in the capture tab of SAGEDCT.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Sparhawk6,

Maybe I missed it but what System are you using.? I know when I installed SageDCT 2.72 on my system I had to make sure that I ran it as Administrator ... by right Clicking on the setup file and select run as Administrator in order for FFMPEG to register properly then I rebooted. I am on windows 8.1. I was having all sorts of problems with FFMPEG option before doing this.
Thanks. I'll try that tonight.