SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
I have now read through the pages, and I have switched to not using UNC paths. And I am still having memory issues. It is a lot less than before, only 1.5 Gig after 30 minutes of recording 3 channels at once. But that is still eating up all available memory.
1) What kind of drive are you using for recording?

2) When you do one recording does the memory use spiral upward?

3) Open up resource monitor and note queue length and read/write/total bytes

4) Did you change any settings?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post

I think I ended up finding the problem. I had drive bender installed, and the sage drives pooled. As soon as I unpooled the drives, everything looks normal.
Thanks for the help.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has anyone had problems with time line issues I have had it happen twice. The show shows the end out there is 15 minutes left. I tried videoredo on the file but it can't fix the files. I was wondering if its the prime or is it sage causing the corrupt files. This is a new install on windows 7 so I may need to tweak something in the properties file. Any ideas would be great kids getting mad both programs were theirs.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think I ended up finding the problem. I had drive bender installed, and the sage drives pooled. As soon as I unpooled the drives, everything looks normal.
Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the update.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Looks like i spoke to soon.
1. I have 3 drives that it records too .. they are all western digital green drives 1.5T (WD15EADS), and 2 2T(WDC20EARS/X) drives. For this set. Recording all 3 shows to the 1.5 T drive
2. With 1 recording after 15 minutes I seem to be bouncing between 50 and 60 MB
3. Que length bounces between .2 and 20. read/write/total for sagedct: 0/609,107/609,107.
4. Settings for sagedct.
Write Buffer: 1024, RTP buffer 131072, Static Tuners, and Write Async is enabled
Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
3. Que length bounces between .2 and 20.
Your disk is too slow.

Quote:
4. Settings for sagedct.
Write Buffer: 1024, RTP buffer 131072, Static Tuners, and Write Async is enabled
You might be able to mitigate some of the slowness by using a larger "Write Buffer". Play around with it and see if you can get the average queue length < 2.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Try this filter for LiveTV.
babgvant, I tried both versions on my SageTV Client and neither of them allowed me to play Live TV on the problem channels.

Quote:
For those still having issues with the demux filter, try this one. If it doesn't work please post a repro file.

Thanks
Also, I had tried the latest demux filter update the weekend before last on my server and SageTV Client, however I saw nothing but problems with recordings and system stability in general the past week with the file on the server. I switched back to the original demux filter that came with SageTV and my problems went away. The problems were mostly just general stability problems and if I started watching a recording before it completed recording but stopped watching it before it finished the file would be corrupted and could not be watched or converted. I switched back on Saturday and all of my issues went away.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Try this filter for LiveTV.
Neither filter worked for me on Live TV on the problem channels. Thanks for your efforts babgvant.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Thank you

Just wanted to say thanks Andy. SageDCT worked like a champ. I'm using Prime 3 tuner unit with FIOS. I spent more time on the phone with FIOS activating the card than I did getting this running. One thing to note, I did have to enable my firewall, define ACLs, in order for loopback address access to function properly. Strange that its needed. probably a Windows 7 quirk.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Neither filter worked for me on Live TV on the problem channels. Thanks for your efforts babgvant.
Can someone provide a file sample which did not work when watched live?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Can someone provide a file sample which did not work when watched live?
Sorry, I'll be out of town for a week so I can't provide a sample until I get back. Can someone else provide a sample in the meantime?
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

- Add option to use VLC for RTP capture/file writing. Files created with this method will not have the special 'QAM' packet written to the front, but it will suppport MPEG-TS or MPEG-PS muxing by VLC based on the file extension requested by SageTV

x86 | x64

The idea is that VLC will remux the TS file into either a new MPEG-TS or MPEG-PS file that won't confuse the HD300's MPEG demuxer.

Let me know if it helps at all.

It's worth noting that this feature is experimental and hasn't been tested much. It works here, but I just tried it a few times and don't intend to use it with my real install so it will be important for those with issue to help vet the implementation. Also, I expect that tuning will be a little slower than with the native method (the VLC process has to spin up after all) so no complaints about that

Last edited by babgvant; 07-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Sorry, I'll be out of town for a week so I can't provide a sample until I get back. Can someone else provide a sample in the meantime?
Try this one...

Looks like upload will be complete around 6pm

Last edited by malbec; 07-22-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
- Add option to use VLC for RTP capture/file writing. Files created with this method will not have the special 'QAM' packet written to the front, but it will suppport MPEG-TS or MPEG-PS muxing by VLC based on the file extension requested by SageTV

x86 | x64

The idea is that VLC will remux the TS file into either a new MPEG-TS or MPEG-PS file that won't confuse the HD300's MPEG demuxer.

Let me know if it helps at all.

It's worth noting that this feature is experimental and hasn't been tested much. It works here, but I just tried it a few times and don't intend to use it with my real install so it will be important for those with issue to help vet the implementation. Also, I expect that tuning will be a little slower than with the native method (the VLC process has to spin up after all) so no complaints about that
Once again, thanks so much for the effort, but I am still getting the "No Signal" error when using this version of SageDCT and the VLC feature turned on ... wait ... as I type this the show kicks over to commercials and I get to see the first one ... then the screen goes black but I can still hear sound ... click on the black screen and it takes me back to the program guide ... I get a yellow system message ... Halt Detected in Recording ... the device stopped producing data while recording ... SageTV will try to restart the device. Tune back into the show ... get "No Signal" again ...waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... still stuck. Try again, this time with the VLC feature off ... still get "No Signal."
Old 07-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
Once again, thanks so much for the effort, but I am still getting the "No Signal" error when using this version of SageDCT and the VLC feature turned on ... wait ... as I type this the show kicks over to commercials and I get to see the first one ... then the screen goes black but I can still hear sound ... click on the black screen and it takes me back to the program guide ... I get a yellow system message ... Halt Detected in Recording ... the device stopped producing data while recording ... SageTV will try to restart the device. Tune back into the show ... get "No Signal" again ...waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... still stuck. Try again, this time with the VLC feature off ... still get "No Signal."
Can I get a log file?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Can I get a log file?
You bet!

Server Log
Client Log
Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

2.3.0 killed HDHR QAM. 2.2.0 worked.

FYI

A new install of SageDCT, v 2.3.0 to be used with HDHR Prime caused my HDHR QAM to not be found by Sage. This was with or without the SageDCT service running. I had not touched sage.properties yet.

I restored image made before trying this.
Then tried again using 2.2.0 -- with a slight twist: This time I left Sage running while I installed SageDCT. It works (HDHR QAM still works and Prime is working too).

I'm sticking with 2.2.0 since it is working and I don't need the VLC feature added in 2.3.0.

Windows 7 32bit. Latest drivers/firmware for both HDHR before installing SageDCT.

TW
Old 07-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
Sorry, I meant a log from SageDCT.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Reading reading....

Any new breakthroughs on watching live tv on extenders thru Comcast's weird stream issues?

Olympics working good, I'm worried about NFL Games!!!

Did anybody else notice ESPY's were a bad stream?
I had to convert the video, in sage, then watch it next day.

I wish Sage was still alive.....
HD-100(x2), HD-200(x2), HD-300(x2), MVP(x2) ,HDHR-(original), HDHR-Dual, HDHR-Prime, SageDCT, Hauppauge HVR-1600 & 1800, Windows 7(64bit) Pentium Dual-Core E6300 2.8gHz, 4GB, Gigibit E-Net, Placeshifter(x2), Client (x1)...
I've Tried all Media Centers, Sage Still The Best!
Hmmmm, Google Fiber
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

I think Jeff would say that it still is very much alive - handling the DVR part of Google Fiber, but I assume you read about that?