SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

There is a new firmware form today.
Trying it right now.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

A new SD firmware dropped. Might be worth a go.

Have you submitted a ticket to them?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
A new SD firmware dropped. Might be worth a go.

Have you submitted a ticket to them?
Yes
Works for now.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by impro View Post
Yes
Works for now.
Just died again while changing channel.
How do I get the Device ID without physically reading it on the device?
I need to submit a ticket.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Back to Ceton
Old 09-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Sage User

Unhappy SageTV and Copy Once

Sorry if this is off-topic.

I just added my HDHR Prime to SageTV with SageDCT 1.7. I could not get any of my subscribed channels to display a picture. Sage tells me no signal.

When I try to view a subscribed channel in HDHomerun QuickTV, I get the following error message:

Channel cannot be displayed - copy protection
vch=40 name=usa auth=subscribed cci=protected-copyonce cgms=n/a

Can someone verify that SageTV will not work with my Comcast subscription?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
I would uninstall Kapersky. AV programs are notorious for breaking network related stuff. Well AV programs which include a firewall.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayN View Post
Sorry if this is off-topic.

I just added my HDHR Prime to SageTV with SageDCT 1.7. I could not get any of my subscribed channels to display a picture. Sage tells me no signal.

When I try to view a subscribed channel in HDHomerun QuickTV, I get the following error message:

Channel cannot be displayed - copy protection
vch=40 name=usa auth=subscribed cci=protected-copyonce cgms=n/a

Can someone verify that SageTV will not work with my Comcast subscription?
If they are copy once then no they will not work with SageTV. As stated everywhere WMC is the only thing that works with copy protected channels and those vary not only by cable provider but by area cable providers are not consistent in setting their flags. If they are copy once they will not play in sagetv.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks, PluckyHD.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to have someone else verify it.

On to plan B: WMC7
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayN View Post
Thanks, PluckyHD.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to have someone else verify it.

On to plan B: WMC7
I feel your pain I had to do the same thing. Wmc does have some iodized though once you start using it.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Clarification Please

Ordered my prime this weekend and downloaded and preinstalled the HDHR software. In the configuration it has an option to select SageTV as the PVR preference.

If all the channels I'm trying to tune are copy freely anyway do I even need SageDCT?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
Ordered my prime this weekend and downloaded and preinstalled the HDHR software. In the configuration it has an option to select SageTV as the PVR preference.

If all the channels I'm trying to tune are copy freely anyway do I even need SageDCT?
Yes, SageTV will not recognize the tuners without it. SageDCT presents the tuners as network encoders to SageTV.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Well it appears SD fell off the internet, so I will try asking here. Was reading that the Prime has some issues with tuning adapters, is that still the case, or was that early firmware bugs? About to order it and if it has TA issues, then I may opt instead for the Ceton as I have Charter with SDV here.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted the group to know, I just went to microcenter and picked up a prime, along with a visit to my local comcast(chicago) office to pick up cable card. I was up and rolling within a few hours.

After the card activiation, I had to call back into the regular comcast support #(not the cablecard activiation hotline) and have them send some signals to my card in order for it to get the expanded channels (HGTV, NFL, Discovery,etc..). The first signal didn't work and the rep sent some other signal.

So far things seem to be working fine..
Old 09-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Well it appears SD fell off the internet, so I will try asking here. Was reading that the Prime has some issues with tuning adapters, is that still the case, or was that early firmware bugs? About to order it and if it has TA issues, then I may opt instead for the Ceton as I have Charter with SDV here.
Hi Kirby,
I just got my Prime hooked up with Charter last night. I will say it was a bit of a hassle, but the hassle was with Charter, not the Prime.

I picked up the self-install kit from my local office, but they didn't give me a TA. Had I read enough before hand, I would have known that I needed a TA - I just assumed that SD built-in the smarts to deal with SDV since this was a brand-new device. My local office should have also known better and given me one since we're all SDV in the area.

In any case, I attempted to get it activated. No one could do it via the phone for me. Maybe this was because I was calling after hours and they had dumb techs. Who knows, but they finally ordered a on-site tech.

The tech didn't get my job until 4:12pm for a 1-3pm slot and didn't have a TA on the truck and it was too late to find one. But he came and got the CCard activated within minutes.

Now, I'm able to get all sorts of channels (nearly everything below 100) and a handful of HDs (and the HD locals).

I'll be picking up the TA tomorrow morning. Once that is installed, they will need to 'hit' it to activate it, but then I suspect that I'll be able to tune the majority of the missing channels.

-kj
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage User

Latest Firmware 20110920 Breaks SageDCT

Everything was running great and like an idiot I upgraded the Prime firmware to the latest 09202011. After the upgrade SageDCT 1.6 thru 1.8 were unable to find the tuners.Scan returns nothing. Tuners are seen by HDHomeRun Setup, 7MC, etc but not SageDCT and as a result not SageTV.

Any ideas or thoughts on what I should try. Anyone else having issues with latest FW and SageDCT?

What I have done so far is
1) Pwr Down and restart the HD Prime (several times)
2) Opened firewall for SageDCT Service for all incoming and out going traffic
3) Reinstalled SageDCT 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8
4) Reinstalled HDHomeRun software and rolled back the software 09162011(not the firmware as that is not possible)

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsiemon View Post
Everything was running great and like an idiot I upgraded the Prime firmware to the latest 09202011. After the upgrade SageDCT 1.6 thru 1.8 were unable to find the tuners.Scan returns nothing. Tuners are seen by HDHomeRun Setup, 7MC, etc but not SageDCT and as a result not SageTV.
Same issue - Upgraded to 20110920beta1 (which is supposed to fix network / stability / loss of connection to HDHRP) - now SageDCT can not find the HDHomerun Prime..

HDHomerun's setup program and their QuickTV app can find the tuners, w/o issue.. I've tested 1.7 and 1.8 - with no luck.. My guess is this firmware broke uPNP detection - but just want to make sure its not a SageDCT issue.

Thanks!

- Shane
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looking at SageDCT logs - it is finding the tuners, however they are not showing up in the GUI for selection, etc to build the configuration data for Sage. Hit scan and nothing shows in SageDCT.

attached log
Attached Files
File Type: txt ConfigureSageDCT_2348.txt (10.0 KB, 218 views)
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU
Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage User

Was almost there

When Comcast finally gave me access to all of my channels, something interesting happened. Instead of being flagged copy once, they all became copy freely!

So I quickly abandoned WMC7 and went back to configuring SageTV (7.1.9). When I installed SageDCT 1.7, I scanned and found 3 tuners and began configuring video sources. When SageDCT gave me tuner assignments, I copied and pasted into sage.properties. I don't know if I was supposted to do this or not; instructions were not clear.

I performed a scan in the HDHR software and applied the changes. The Prime tuners showed up as video sources in Sage. In the tuner properties, the tuner showed as functioning: true.

Channel preview also displayed properly. I finished setting the first source and was able to get channels to display from the guide. I set up the second and third tuner and now, the channel preview worked but, I get a No Signal message from the guide page. The tuner properties page showed as functioning:false

Since I had screwed up the properties file so much, I decided to start fresh. I uninstallled SageDCT, SageTV, and started again.

Now, SAGEDCT cannot see any tuners although HDHR QuickTV displays all channels just fine. I tried with the Windows firewall on and off. The only tuners that I can see in SageTV are the original HDHR QAM tuners and they work fine.

Help! Where do I go from here? How do I get SageDCT to find my Prime again?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsiemon View Post
... and like an idiot I upgraded the Prime firmware to the latest 09202011. After the upgrade SageDCT 1.6 thru 1.8 were unable to find the tuners.Scan returns nothing. Tuners are seen by HDHomeRun Setup, 7MC, etc but not SageDCT and as a result not SageTV...
Same here, I was installing my new Prime last night and also upgradded like an idiot and never got anything to work with sage... All the rest works fine in MC7. I guess we will need to wait for SageDCT to be updated.