SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
And unfortunately, I doubt you will. Even if it affected every one of us, I'm not sure Google would let Jeff & Co. refocus to fix it.
I wouldn't write them off yet.

Quote:
Just another angle on this. If it's not the splitter people were using to produce the smaller clips, all the samples upload so far appear to be "damaged" and the program map tables not entirely intact. If the original recordings are like that, that's a problem and the creation of the file is as much to blame as Sage's delicate flower, the demuxer.
Other apps/splitters can do it (include WMP), so it's clearly possible. Just a matter of figuring out

TS files are almost impossible mess up when creating clips, you just need to grab byte sequences in a multiple of 188 (or 192 if M2TS) an copy them to a new file.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
sample?

Sorry I was so slow at getting back to you. Here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luzpsw34p8...men_5-27-12.ts
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
There is a way to see, but it varies b/w STB models.

Also, we started a list of MSOs and people's results here.

No contest; the HD-PVR/STB is a crude, stoneage-esqe instrument in comparison.
I have seen that list and while most Comcast listings are close to each other there are enough differences to concern me.
I was hoping for some easy way (a program to scan the channels or something) to check before I go through the hassle of getting a CC.

Very interesting to hear that you prefer the HDHR Prime over the HD-PVR/STB route. That does give me hope.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Comskip and SageDCT

Are there any problems with scheduling comskip 5 minutes after the recording starts or is it recommended to wait that it finishes? Currently I write to 4 drives so the most I can ever have recording on 1 drive are 2 streams (7 Tuners).

Since i moved to a dedicated NIC I average between 2-15 CPU Usage.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Are there any problems with scheduling comskip 5 minutes after the recording starts or is it recommended to wait that it finishes? Currently I write to 4 drives so the most I can ever have recording on 1 drive are 2 streams (7 Tuners).
As long as your system can handle the I/O and additional CPU load there's nothing in SageDCT that precludes live detection.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Since i moved to a dedicated NIC I average between 2-15 CPU Usage.
I use live detection and have had no problems.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm on XP. I was seeing lots of halts and problems of SageDCT having these odd delays communicating with the Prime (had SD go over the diagnostic logs and Wireshark captures). Disabling XP's Firewall/ICS service (simply turning "off" the firewall was not enough) and installing a third party firewall in its place seems to have fixed that. .
So, I couldn't find it through a search, which firewall did you end up installing?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
So, I couldn't find it through a search, which firewall did you end up installing?
I was going to make a post about this now that a week has passed, but thanks for the nudge. Here's what I've done:

1) disabled the Windows XP Firewall/ICS service
2) enabled "Repace Path" in SageDCT for drive writes, bypassing the network loopback interface. using mmc/encoders/xxx/forced_video_storage_path_prefix property to direct the Prime tuners to the same drive.
3) installed PrivateFirewall v7 (it's free) as a replacement for XP's

And no halts since doing so.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I tried the latest Comodo firewall and they still haven't addressed their JVM ~860 MB heap limitation.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
if I'm not mistaken, the current donator's version of Comskip is unable to work on live recordings due to the new codec/demux unerpinnings. Feature to be reinstated at some point.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
if I'm not mistaken, the current donator's version of Comskip is unable to work on live recordings due to the new codec/demux unerpinnings. Feature to be reinstated at some point.
That's why you would use the version just before this changed. It still works as well as it did and you don't have the live limitation.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
That's why you would use the version just before this changed. It still works as well as it did and you don't have the live limitation.

Gerry
but you can't run the old version on mkv's, which I sometimes do.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL

Last edited by phelme; 06-19-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Gerry
Quote:
Very true, very true.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Keep two revs around
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I use live detection with my Ceton without issue
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Gerry
And what version would that be???

Jim
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

comskip 0.80.042
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
comskip 0.80.042
Is that the one I want for live?? Or the one before that?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

that is the one i use just make sure this is set in ini
live_tv=1
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was going to make a post about this now that a week has passed, but thanks for the nudge. Here's what I've done:

1) disabled the Windows XP Firewall/ICS service
2) enabled "Repace Path" in SageDCT for drive writes, bypassing the network loopback interface. using mmc/encoders/xxx/forced_video_storage_path_prefix property to direct the Prime tuners to the same drive.
3) installed PrivateFirewall v7 (it's free) as a replacement for XP's

And no halts since doing so.
So I disabled the Windows Firewall service, installed PrivateFirewall, and now I don't get any data from the HDHR anymore anything you had to do with the settings? I set SageDCT and SageTV to "Allow".
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
So I disabled the Windows Firewall service, installed PrivateFirewall, and now I don't get any data from the HDHR anymore anything you had to do with the settings? I set SageDCT and SageTV to "Allow".
Did you run PrivateFirewall in training mode? (right click on the "security dude" on the tray) That's the easiest way to go. Then run through recording and watching a few shows and PF will ask you as you go if it's OK to permanently open the ports. I run mine in "Low" security and have my local network listed under "Trusted Sites" in the main window. I think I added the IP of the Prime too for good measure.

If you enable the Firewall Log (I think it's on by default) you can track there what it's blocking and set allow from that window too by right-clicking.

Here is SageTV's firewall blurb for reference:

Code:
What ports do I need to open in my firewall for SageTV?

These are the ports that should be opened:

o 7760 (TCP) – This port must be opened for SageTV to be able to connect to the
EPG server so that it can download program listings for the Program Guide.
o 42024 and 7818 (TCP) – These ports must be opened on both the SageTV and
SageTVClient systems in order for the server to be able to communicate with the
client.
o 8270 (UDP) – This port is used for automatic server discovery when SageTV
Client starts. This port is not required to be open, since you can simply enter the
IP address or name of the server computer to connect to when the client starts.
(See Configure SageTV Client to Connect to the Server.) Also, you can configure
SageTV to automatically connect to the same server every time it starts. See
Detailed Setup: General Settings to set that option.
o 8000 (TCP) – This port is only used on a Linux installation of SageTV in order to
contact SageTV for license activation.

What ports do I need to open in my firewall for SageTV network encoders?

These are the ports that should be opened when using network encoders:
o 8271 (UDP) – Should be opened on the SageTV server; used by the server to find
network encoders.
o 6969 (TCP) – Should be opened on any SageTV network encoders; used by the
network encoder to talk to the SageTV server.
What ports do I need to open in my firewall for the Media Extender?
The following ports are used by any Media Extender:
o 31100 (UDP) – For discovering the SageTV server after booting.
o 31099 (TCP) – For SageTV usage after fully booted and SageTV is loaded.
In addition, the following ports are also used by a Hauppauge MediaMVP Media
Extender:
o 16867 (UDP) – For booting the MVP Media Extender.
o 16869 (UDP) – For booting the MVP Media Extender.
o 16881 (UDP)

What ports do I need to open in my firewall for the Placeshifter Client?

The following port is used by a Placeshifter Client:

o 31099 (TCP) – For SageTV usage. This port should be opened on your
firewall/router and forwarded to the computer that is running the SageTV server.
o 31100 (UDP) – For SageTV Placeshifter usage. The Placeshifter uses this port to
auto-discover SageTV servers on the local network.
o 8018 (TCP) – For SageTV Placeshifter usage. When using a Locator ID to locate
your SageTV server, your server uses this port to register its Locator ID and the
Placeshifter client uses this port to contact the Locator server to find your server.

Note: If an IP address is used instead of a Locator ID, this port does not need to
be used.
o 7818 (TCP) – For SageTV Placeshifter usage. When the Placeshifter is set to not
transcode the video over a local network connection, this port is used to stream
the media.
Can the Media Extender or Placeshifter Client port be customized?
If the default port is changed, then a Media Extender will not be able to connect to the
server, however a Placeshifter client will still be able to connect. The default port 31099
can be configured in sage.properties on the SageTV server computer via this property:
o extender_and_placeshifter_server_port
However, if your goal is to change the external port number on your router/firewall, a
better solution is to use UPnP port forwarding configuration (see the Configure
Placeshifter Internet Connection configuration wizard in the Detailed Setup: Server
Settings menu) and choose a custom external port number. This will keep the internal
port as 31099, allowing Media Extenders to still be able to connect to the server.
When using a Placeshifter Client with a custom external port number, the Locator ID will
be able to automatically connect using that port. If you have your Placeshifter client
connect directly to your IP address by adding a new Placeshifter server in the SageTV
Placeshifter Servers Manager (see Placeshifter Client Connections), specify the address
of the server followed by “:port”, such as:
o <your IP address>:31099
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL

Last edited by phelme; 06-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.