SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
\

Comcast Colorado Springs:
I can record all channels I can see EXCEPT: For some reason comcast has "blocked" Encore/EncoreHD channels from my HDHR-Prime/DCT-2650. For that, I plan on keeping one HD-PVR attached to my system.
What version of HDHomeRun are you on? Is it a beta? Are you running SageDCT - 2.2.0? When I first install sagedct I was running 2.2.0 but my HDHomeRun version was firmware from 201201xx I could not get it to work then I upgraded to 20120405 using the same install procedure and it worked well kind of still having that issue with certain channels won't play. Colorado Springs is pretty close to me so just wondering how yours is working.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

So I didn't see much talk on this, is anyone using SageDCT in XP? I got it all set up to the point where it looks like it should work, but it never receives any data from the Prime. But QuickTV can view the same channel just fine. I do not have any firewall enabled on that machine.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running on windows xp and I and sage had no problem finding the prime. Did you run the sageDCT discovery and copy an paste the info into the property file? After I did that I just copied my firewire channel lineup over and everything worked fine. I was getting some occasional halts in recordings but since I put everything on the same gigabyte switch I haven't any halts. If I get any more halts I have an ssd drive and windows 7 ready to install.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
So I didn't see much talk on this, is anyone using SageDCT in XP? I got it all set up to the point where it looks like it should work, but it never receives any data from the Prime. But QuickTV can view the same channel just fine. I do not have any firewall enabled on that machine.
firewall must be enabled to process the RTP stream.... no firewall, no workie

/jer

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 w/ SageTV Server Linux V9.1.8.774 - Ubuntu 16.04LTS AMD64
-- 1x HDHomeRun Prime
-- 1x HDHR-DT
-- 1x HD-PVR
2x SageTV HD-300 Media Extenders
1x NVIDIA ShieldTV
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
I'm running on windows xp and I and sage had no problem finding the prime. Did you run the sageDCT discovery and copy an paste the info into the property file? After I did that I just copied my firewire channel lineup over and everything worked fine.
Yeah all that is fine, it detected just fine, made the prop file entries (which I copied into Sage, and Sage sees it all fine, but SageDCT never gets any data from the Prime, even though it does successfully tune the Prime.

Do you have the firewall enabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop View Post
firewall must be enabled to process the RTP stream.... no firewall, no workie

/jer
What the heck, that doesn't make any sense at all. Especially when QuickTV works just fine. I guess I'll turn it on, but it just seems stupid that I have to enable the firewall, then disable everything in it just so data will pass, that enabling the thing that blocks IP traffic makes IP traffic work....

Last edited by stanger89; 06-14-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Is this the firewall having to be on ... specific to Windows XP. I do not have any firewall enabled on my Windows 7 Sage Server and everything works fine.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I do not have any firewall enabled on my Windows 7 Sage Server and everything works fine.
Did you disable the OOTB FW?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

What is OOTB FW?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What is OOTB FW?
I'll take a guess.. Out Of The Box FireWall ??
Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
I'll take a guess.. Out Of The Box FireWall ??
Yep

Windows 7 (W7) includes a [pretty good] firewall (FW). Unless you explicitly turn it off, it's just something that runs in the background.

SageDCT's installer will configure the W7 FW during the installation process, so you don't have to.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I disabled the built in firewall and do not have any other firewall installed. On any of my boxes.... firewalls are at the router level.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I disabled the built in firewall and do not have any other firewall installed. On any of my boxes.... firewalls are at the router level.
me too -- windows 7 64bit - windows firewall disabled -- all firewalling done in at router level -- sagedct works just fine.

All this talk must have jinxed me -- one of my ceton cards went down last night -- everytime I try and use it, it reboots. At least their support team is pretty responsive. And its the newer version of the card too 5000 vs 4884.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm on XP. I was seeing lots of halts and problems of SageDCT having these odd delays communicating with the Prime (had SD go over the diagnostic logs and Wireshark captures). Disabling XP's Firewall/ICS service (simply turning "off" the firewall was not enough) and installing a third party firewall in its place seems to have fixed that.

I'm also using Andy's "Replace Path" option to have all the Prime tuners writing to a drive directly, bypassing the loopback interface.

Last edited by phelme; 06-14-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stanger,

1) I've successfully run SAGEDCT on both XP and Windows 8 *without* the Windows firewall for weeks with hundreds of recordings on each platform.

2) I've never been 100% halt-free with the XP setup though. I switched to Windows 8 preview and haven't any halts on the same equipment (I3, 8GB RAM, Intel 1GB Lan, etc.)

john
Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, so enabling the firewall made it "work" (haven't tested the quality of the workyness yet), still makes no sense whatsoever though.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, so enabling the firewall made it "work" (haven't tested the quality of the workyness yet), still makes no sense whatsoever though.
Maybe the on off switch was installed incorrectly ....
Old 06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The behavior that some have observed seems to indicate that when the FW is "Off" Windows drops what it believes is unsolicited network traffic. I don't know why this is (frankly, I don't care either since turning the FW off isn't a good idea), it's quite possible that there is something improper with the way SageDCT sets itself up for RTP traffic.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well I'm losing hope about getting official support from Sage/Google regarding the demuxer issue. I was told to expect a response within 72 hours, I've heard nothing.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Well I'm losing hope about getting official support from Sage/Google regarding the demuxer issue. I was told to expect a response within 72 hours, I've heard nothing.
Thanks for the status (I was thinking about asking if you heard anything yet). I also have not received a response to my support request either.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
And unfortunately, I doubt you will. Even if it affected every one of us, I'm not sure Google would let Jeff & Co. refocus to fix it.

Just another angle on this. If it's not the splitter people were using to produce the smaller clips, all the samples uploaded so far appear to be "damaged" and the program map tables not entirely intact. If the original recordings are like that, that's a problem and the creation of the file is as much to blame as Sage's delicate flower, the demuxer.

Last edited by phelme; 06-15-2012 at 02:09 PM.