SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Does this just happen w/ Food Network?
For me it's intermittent with Comcast in Massachusetts on AMCHD (859), NickHD (825), Comedy CentralHD (858) and ABCFHD (826) that I've noticed. Like every few days with no pattern except that its not all four of them at once.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart710 View Post
For me it's intermittent with Comcast in Massachusetts on AMCHD (859), NickHD (825), Comedy CentralHD (858) and ABCFHD (826) that I've noticed. Like every few days with no pattern except that its not all four of them at once.
sample?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does this just happen w/ Food Network?
For me it is with Comcast in Denver and intermittently on Discovery HD, History HD, Science HD, and SyFy HD. Let me know if you want a sample. I could try a short timed recording to make it small.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Sage User

For me, it is COMCAST in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. A variety of channels, but most often noticed with USA HD. Trying to watch the show in Sage will cause my extender to freeze with an unending spinning circle, requiring a power cycle. I can watch the file in Sage after I run a quickstreamfix in VideoReDo.
Server: i3 Intel, 4GB mem, 1x1.5TB7200rpm Sata drive (recording), multiple NAS Drives (DVDs, Music, Picts), Win7Ultimate64-bit, Sagetv7.x.Latest; 1xCeton4TunerCableCard, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR-2250; Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2XHD100; Provider: Comcast
Old 06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
For me it is with Comcast in Denver and intermittently on Discovery HD, History HD, Science HD, and SyFy HD. Let me know if you want a sample. I could try a short timed recording to make it small.
Samples would be great. Just use a tool like this to cut a smallish section off the front.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Samples would be great. Just use a tool like this to cut a smallish section off the front.
Will do. How much do you need? What is "smallish"?
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Ok, here's a sample file. It won't play in Sage at all, but I can play it fine pretty much everywhere else.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43581/FoodN...TSSplit.1-2.ts
Hmm, looks like in addition to the video exception, there is an audio pin problem too as far as the Sage demux is concerned.

I don't think there is a way to get around using Sage's internal demuxer for transport streams; mp4's, mkv's, yes, where you can use something like Haali. You can always convert it to an mkv/mp4 and watch that way (tried that and it works), doesn't help for live TV though, does it?

SageTVPlayer can handle this TS, but again, I don't think there is any way to force Sage to use that for transport streams.

Edit: A longshot, but I wonder though, if the mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream option might help here. Not sure it'll work with the Prime. I'm currently recording Formula 1 so I can't check this myself.

Shut down the SageTV service and change that property to "true" for the Prime encoders. it should then write out an mpeg instead of a transport stream, which might strip some material out or allow the use of another demuxer. Or make it completely unplayable by any decoder, not sure...

Last edited by phelme; 06-09-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Hmm, looks like in addition to the video exception, there is an audio pin problem too as far as the Sage demux is concerned.

I don't think there is a way to get around using Sage's internal demuxer for transport streams; mp4's, mkv's, yes, where you can use something like Haali. You can always convert it to an mkv/mp4 and watch that way (tried that and it works), doesn't help for live TV though, does it?

SageTVPlayer can handle this TS, but again, I don't think there is any way to force Sage to use that for transport streams.

Edit: A longshot, but I wonder though, if the mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream option might help here. Not sure it'll work with the Prime. I'm currently recording Formula 1 so I can't check this myself.

Shut down the SageTV service and change that property to "true" for the Prime encoders. it should then write out an mpeg instead of a transport stream, which might strip some material out or allow the use of another demuxer. Or make it completely unplayable by any decoder, not sure...
I have mine setup to true to create mpg and they play fine in Sage. I was too lazy to change SJQ scripts to include TS.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not work. Sage now creates an .mpg file, which is playable in any other program, but Sage still shows "No Signal" and won't play the file.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I submitted a Sage support request.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Will do. How much do you need? What is "smallish"?
Anything < 50MB that reproduces the issue.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream option might help here.
This setting is cosmetic when used with SageDCT. The only change is w/ the file extension SageTV requests.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
babgvant,

Below are links to a couple of files that were recorded in SageTV with SageDCT on a HDHR Prime, but will not play in SageTV on a HD300, HD200, or SageTV Client. However, they will play in WMP. The first was recorded yesterday on Science HD and the second was recorded today on Discovery HD on Comcast in Denver. These are 25MB versions trimmed from the front of the recording using the tool you recommended. Also, I tried one of the trimmed files in SageTV and it still did not play on a HD300, but they would play in WMP. Let me know if you would like more, or need anything else.

Hope these help.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84557494/St...-14632592-0.ts

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84557494/My...-14632528-0.ts
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Voorhees,

Out of curiosity I tried your files with NVIDIA, Windows and SAGETV decoder and all posssible ways including disabling Sage Demux and they totally refused to play. Yet they play fine out of Sage.

PS I tried them because my Sage is working too good and I was bored.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Voorhees,

Out of curiosity I tried your files with NVIDIA, Windows and SAGETV decoder and all posssible ways including disabling Sage Demux and they totally refused to play. Yet they play fine out of Sage.

PS I tried them because my Sage is working too good and I was bored.
nplayer, thanks for trying a few other things. It looks like they work everywhere, except SageTV will not play them even though SageTV recorded them. This is the same thing several of us are seeing with Comcast, and it looks like we all started seeing the problem at about the same time. If these channels are viewed as live TV you get "No Signal" instead of the extender/client lockup if played after recorded. Thanks again for taking at look at them.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I submitted a Sage support request.
I submitted one this morning also.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
For me, it is COMCAST in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. A variety of channels, but most often noticed with USA HD. Trying to watch the show in Sage will cause my extender to freeze with an unending spinning circle, requiring a power cycle. I can watch the file in Sage after I run a quickstreamfix in VideoReDo.
Comcast Denver and having similar issue as voorhees, Sparhawk6, Griff. I'm trying to find anything that will do the trick as a workaround. I've tried Griff's suggestion of using VideoReDo quickstreamfix and I've noticed that it fixes it for the Sagetv server and the Sagetv client but not for extenders. Plus I don't want to shell out another $50 for another program that I have to figure out a way to automate it. I just found sagedct and I don't want to go back to importing or switching back and forth between WMC.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
babgvant,

Below are links to a couple of files that were recorded in SageTV with SageDCT on a HDHR Prime, but will not play in SageTV on a HD300, HD200, or SageTV Client. However, they will play in WMP. The first was recorded yesterday on Science HD and the second was recorded today on Discovery HD on Comcast in Denver. These are 25MB versions trimmed from the front of the recording using the tool you recommended. Also, I tried one of the trimmed files in SageTV and it still did not play on a HD300, but they would play in WMP. Let me know if you would like more, or need anything else.

Hope these help.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84557494/St...-14632592-0.ts

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84557494/My...-14632528-0.ts
I decided to give a whirl myself. I pulled down the first one and imported into sage. After a BMT scan it came up in my TV folder of imported videos and I was able to play it using SageTV placeshifter, remotely here at work, no issues. I will try my HD200's and HD300 tonight and give progress. By the time I get home Plex will probably have scanned it and picked it up as well and I will give that a try too.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

They would play on Placeshifter because it gets transcoded when you play files in PlaceShifter you are not actually playing the original file.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
They would play on Placeshifter because it gets transcoded when you play files in PlaceShifter you are not actually playing the original file.
It's also worth noting that the placeshifter uses separate components (i.e. not DirectShow) to handle streaming/transcoding.