SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMAX View Post
You have same issues, Comcast included, Thanks for all the troubleshooting I have not had time to do.
I hope someday we will find the solution...

FYI , I also ran flawlessly for months until the middle of april.....
All the channels I am having trouble with are subscribed, copy freely.
I understand the copy once restrictions....
Thanks for the look Phelme....
Anybody heard from babgvant?

Good Luck All....

PS:
This also started in about mid-April for me. I can also confirm that these channels are subscribed, copy freely. I mean, SageDCT wouldn't be able to record it in the first place if they weren't copy freely. But I did double and triple check the DRM flag using my Comcast STB. All the troubled channels are reported as Copy Freely. That was the first thing I checked, because if a channel has a different, more restrictive flag, the behavior in Sage is the same--I get a "No Signal". Maybe that is some sort of clue as to what is going on...
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
SageDCT wouldn't be able to record it in the first place if they weren't copy freely.
If you setup the tuner with MC at some point SageDCT will actually be able to record the stream, you just won't be able to play them back because the A/V is encrypted.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
If you setup the tuner with MC at some point SageDCT will actually be able to record the stream, you just won't be able to play them back because the A/V is encrypted.
Ah. Well, regardless, I can play them back in VLC, Windows Media Player, and Sageplayer.exe without any troubles.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
Ah. Well, regardless, I can play them back in VLC, Windows Media Player, and Sageplayer.exe without any troubles.
If they play in other apps, but not SageTV it's probably a PID detection problem.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Sage User

Thanks.....but a few questions...

I haven't set up WMC, I don't use it, would it be suggested i do so?
Would i get any benefit with sage? I'm guessing not.

What is PID, probably stupid question, this thread way too long to look it up.

Thanks for the software babgvant! Good Job...

I'm wondering if Comcast is playing with their stream, if it is only Comcast.
Wondering if it all happened at same mid-April time frame for Comcast Cust.

Thanks All!
HD-100(x2), HD-200(x2), HD-300(x2), MVP(x2) ,HDHR-(original), HDHR-Dual, HDHR-Prime, SageDCT, Hauppauge HVR-1600 & 1800, Windows 7(64bit) Pentium Dual-Core E6300 2.8gHz, 4GB, Gigibit E-Net, Placeshifter(x2), Client (x1)...
I've Tried all Media Centers, Sage Still The Best!
Hmmmm, Google Fiber
Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

I have Comcast and my problems started about mid-May. Before then my cable card recordings was just about 100%.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Would i get any benefit with sage? I'm guessing not.
No.

Quote:
What is PID, probably stupid question, this thread way too long to look it up.
It's the #s that identify the desired a/v streams in the MPTS. It was an issue early on where Sage's demuxer filter couldn't play the files. Since it works in other apps, I'd guess that it's a manifestation of the same issue.

Best bet is to open a support request, provide a sample file and cross your fingers.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I wonder what would happen if you disable SagetvDemuxer? I am getting my cable card on Monday and am preparing for any possible scenarios.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I wonder what would happen if you disable SagetvDemuxer?
You can use an alternate demux filter, but Live TV will not work then.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's the #s that identify the desired a/v streams in the MPTS. It was an issue early on where Sage's demuxer filter couldn't play the files. Since it works in other apps, I'd guess that it's a manifestation of the same issue.
If you have VideoRedo, try running the file through Quick Stream Fix.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage not playing golf channel

I am now having this issue as well. Over the past few weeks, some recordings from prime on the golf channel don't play on hd300, server or client. It shows a spinning wheel and it crashes, requiring me to restart the hd300. It doesn't happen with every recording, intermittent. But these same files play via place shifter on my Mac!! Not sure why. Hopefully we figure this out soon.
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

FYI. There is a new beta out for the Prime from SD today.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

here is the change log:

Release 20120524beta1

HDHomeRun Prime Firmware:
* Fix problem with IGMP handling that could cause HDHomeRun to not be UPnP discoverable when used with multicast-snooping managed switches.
* Fix problem where channel list could fail to update in some cases such as moving to a different cable system with the same card.

HDHomeRun Firmware:
* Fix problem with IGMP handling that could cause HDHomeRun to not be UPnP discoverable when used with multicast-snooping managed switches.

Last edited by phelme; 05-31-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
No.

Best bet is to open a support request, provide a sample file and cross your fingers.
Thanks for your great software babgvant! I was afraid that this was the answer and since SageTV is more or less dead in the water, I'm starting to play around with NextPVR. At some point we will all have to jump ship form SageTV, after six years, this seems as good a time as any.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart710 View Post
Thanks for your great software babgvant! I was afraid that this was the answer and since SageTV is more or less dead in the water, I'm starting to play around with NextPVR. At some point we will all have to jump ship form SageTV, after six years, this seems as good a time as any.
Yeah, it's pretty depressing that we are about 11 months out from when Google bought SageTV and there's still nothing on the horizon.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty depressing that we are about 11 months out from when Google bought SageTV and there's still nothing on the horizon.
Wow! Hard to realize that's it been almost a year now!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm hoping that now that the Motorola Mobility deal is final we'll hear something soon, as I believe the STB business Google received out of that may have something to do with the SageTV acquisition. Of course, it may not help us existing SageTV users at all...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

^ I was thinking the same thing recently - wouldn't it be cool if they are working on something like the Ceton Q/Echo - but SageTV based? I'd love that. I'm so done with maintaining servers for recording. But it will probably be December before I know more. The Ceton stuff is supposed to be out by then - and if by then there's still nothing from Google, I might be signing off here, after more than eight years.

Last edited by flavius; 06-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
^ I was thinking the same thing recently - wouldn't it be cool if they are working on something like the Ceton Q/Echo - but SageTV based? I'd love that. I'm so done with maintaining servers for recording. But it will probably be December before I know more. The Ceton stuff is supposed to be out by then - and if by then there's still nothing from Google, I might be signing off here, after more than eight years.
I hear ya about maintaining the server, but on the other hand we get loads of flexibility with it: commercial skipping, after the fact compression, custom GUI's, multiple tuner support etc. I fear that whatever GooSage is working on will be cable only as it appears the Ceton Q will be. I like DirecTV as it's more reliable than Comcast (for me anyway)...
Old 06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Just Got My HDHOMERUN Prime

My Cable card is Due on Monday morning.... should I install it as a QAM tuner to test it?.... will this cause problems when I switch to cablecard..

Or should I wait impatiently until monday?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
My Cable card is Due on Monday morning.... should I install it as a QAM tuner to test it?.... will this cause problems when I switch to cablecard..

Or should I wait impatiently until monday?
wait