SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Won't play in Sage plays in WMP

I have a thing where sometimes playback stops working in Sage. When this happens, several channels viewed live get the "no signal" problem. Also, new recordings get an error on playback. However, existing recordings playback fine.

For the shows that won't play in Sage, they still go through comskip OK, and they also playback fine in WMP - they just won't play back in Sage.

I feel like it has to be a problem with the way SageDCT and the Prime are writing the shows because older recordings work. If it were a codec issue, I would guess older recordings would also not playback. I mean I can play Daily Show from two days ago and it is fine, but if I tune in Comedy Central, I get the "No Signal" and if I try last nights show, I get the spinning wheel. If I go to where last nights show is saved on the drive, I can open it with a double click and it plays back in WMP fine. Also, in the sagetv interface with the spinning wheel, the commercial areas are shaded correctly - so I know comskip was able to scan the file.

Once this happens, the only way I have fixed it is to delete and re-add the tuners. Do you have a simpler method to repair? that takes a long time. A reboot doesn't resolve.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

Very weird how you're sailing along fine and then you get two days in a row of halts:

Code:
 1)		Halt Detected in Recording (x9)
Sat, Mar 31
6:06:20 PM

2)		Halt Detected in Recording (x4)
Sat, Mar 31
4:06:20 PM

3)		Halt Detected in Recording (x1)
Fri, Mar 30
9:52:01 PM

4)		Partial Recording Due to Conflict (x1)
Fri, Mar 30
9:34:41 PM

5)		Halt Detected in Recording (x6)
Fri, Mar 30
9:06:24 PM

6)		Halt Detected in Recording (x8)
Fri, Mar 30
9:06:22 PM

7)		Halt Detected in Recording (x4)
Fri, Mar 30
7:06:22 PM
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Enhanced Video Renderer?

I just got a fancy new video card and was hoping to use the Enhanced Video Renderer that came with it (EVGA Geforce GTX550Ti) However when I set that as my video renderer the SageDCT tuners wouldn't work. It works with "Overlay." Is this some sort of DCT requirement, or do I have the new card set up wrong?

I'm assuming the hardware acceleration is now a go.

Update: Seems to work now. Might have just needed some coaxing to let the drivers "settle in."

Last edited by freewheeling; 04-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Halts Following Reboot?

For those experiencing halts, can you check to see when the system was last rebooted?

I had this problem but noticed it was only after the system had rebooted. Patch Tuesday (Wednesday morning reboot) was usually the culprit.

I have a work-around for those whose halts are being caused by issues during the reboot process. If your issues are not caused by reboot problems, my work-around will not help you.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Very weird how you're sailing along fine and then you get two days in a row of halts:

Code:
 1)		Halt Detected in Recording (x9)
Sat, Mar 31
6:06:20 PM

2)		Halt Detected in Recording (x4)
Sat, Mar 31
4:06:20 PM

3)		Halt Detected in Recording (x1)
Fri, Mar 30
9:52:01 PM

4)		Partial Recording Due to Conflict (x1)
Fri, Mar 30
9:34:41 PM

5)		Halt Detected in Recording (x6)
Fri, Mar 30
9:06:24 PM

6)		Halt Detected in Recording (x8)
Fri, Mar 30
9:06:22 PM

7)		Halt Detected in Recording (x4)
Fri, Mar 30
7:06:22 PM
I am starting to get this alot also, but I have discovered it is not the fault of HDHR3C or SageDCT, but a low signal from my CableCo (SuddenLink). In my case, if the signal strength drops below 80%, I am unable to tune the channel.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

New stable release on the 5th: http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484
Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Sage Icon

Things have been relatively stable for me (using v20120405). Though I'm having an ongoing dialog with SD about fluctuating symbol quality, which I think is related to a problem with Comcast's backbone in the neighborhood.

I did have a failure last night on one Prime tuner, which was rectified on a second one a minute later, so not a big deal. But it made me think, if SageDCT has these occasional stream loss failures at start, why have I -never- seen that when using either QuickTV or VLC when accessing a channel from HDHomeRun_Config?? Is the transport layer mechanism that different? I still think there is some odd handshake/timing issue at play here.

Last edited by phelme; 04-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

So whats the verdict? I've not had any issues with my HDHR / SageDCT for awhile - no tuning errors, etc (unless I don't actually subscribe to a channel).. I hate to update and break something! - Anyone else having 0 issues after running this latest update, etc for a week or more?

Thanks!

- D2G
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I uploaded to the beta firmware and software right before the latest SD release and went from having several halted recording issues a day to zero (where's that wood to knock on...). I think the beta I'm using was only put out 1-2 days before the official release so I haven't bothered to update to the actual release version. I only had one slight stutter while watching a Ranger game a couple of weeks ago but it corrected itself within a matter of seconds. The Prime is finally living up to what I was hoping for.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Sage Expert

I was having a problem when prime is used for multiple hours in a roll, the one capture would fail and the only thing that would fix it was rebooting the prime device, but that required shutting down Sage and restarting sage as well.

*knock on wood* Since i installed the new drivers, I have not had to do that. I think it is too early to confirm that issue is resolved.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

of course... I'm out of town and my Prime is failing like mad.

Went to the web interface this morning and system error messages are stacking up, 30-50 device failures per SageDCT recording. Not sure what could be causing such massive collapse. My biggest fear is with those kind of numbers, the SageDCT log is going to fill up my system drive.

I'm going to try and remote in later today. so sad.

---

From looking at the logs, looks like my CableCard has suddenly decided there are no channels available above 419. SageTV is trying to tune above that for HD programs. That's sure to cause problems. And I'm seeing this error in the logs:

20120422-04:28:32 CableCARD: message: A technical problem is preventing you from receiving all the cable services at this time. Please call your cable operator and report error code 161-0 to have this problem resolved.

Not sure what that's about. Guess I'll have to take the Prime tuners off-line and let the DirecTV network encoders do their thing solo until I get back.

---

4/30 - Power cycled the Prime and the channels came back. Too bad there isn't a way to do this without rebooting the device. One of these days I'll install that IP Power network controller I have sitting in its box so I can do this remotely. :/

Last edited by phelme; 04-30-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was hoping a few of you may help me trouble shoot something. I have had this setup and working beautifully for months. Now my cable provider has reworked their line up as a result of an effort to remove their analog stations and go digital.

The issue ... everything works great except for some channels (all new). On these channels if I use the HD Homerun setup software everything works fine. If I use SageDCT to create a test file it works fine.

Yet, if I go into Sage I get "No Signal." Note, a fair amount of the new channels work fine.

Ideas? Thoughts? Reactions? I am running version 20120128 of the HD Homerun software ... have not upgraded yet for fear it would break things further, but...

Thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
I was hoping a few of you may help me trouble shoot something. I have had this setup and working beautifully for months. Now my cable provider has reworked their line up as a result of an effort to remove their analog stations and go digital.

The issue ... everything works great except for some channels (all new). On these channels if I use the HD Homerun setup software everything works fine. If I use SageDCT to create a test file it works fine.

Yet, if I go into Sage I get "No Signal." Note, a fair amount of the new channels work fine.

Ideas? Thoughts? Reactions? I am running version 20120128 of the HD Homerun software ... have not upgraded yet for fear it would break things further, but...

Thanks
Have you restarted the computer? You may need to refresh everything.

As to the latest update, it has been much more stable than the 20120128 release.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM

I am having the same problem as malbec. Up until a week and a half ago everything was working fine. Now though a few channels aren't quite working right and I keep getting a "no signal" issue on my HD300 and in the placeshifter on my computer. Just like malbec the test file from sageDCT works fine and plays back in both sagetv and WMP. I have also noticed that if I record a show on one of these stations it won't playback on HD300 but will playback on my computer through the placeshifter and in WMP. I do have to wait for the show to finish recording first though.

I have only noticed this happens on the Discovery HD and SYFY HD. These channels are not access restricted or copy protected, at least according to the HDHR Prime settings page. I am sure there might be a few more channels having this problem but I have not come across them yet.

I have also upgraded to the latest drivers and software on everything and still have the same problem. For now I have disabled the HD versions of those channels and am just recording the standard def channels with no problems. If anyone would like to take a look at a recorded video file from one of these channels I can provide it.

I live in the Denver area and have comcast cable

If anyone has any ideas I would be interested in hearing from you.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
Have you restarted the computer? You may need to refresh everything.

As to the latest update, it has been much more stable than the 20120128 release.
Ditto. You should consider upgrading to the latest release from SD. It's much more stable.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamall View Post
I am having the same problem as malbec. Up until a week and a half ago everything was working fine. Now though a few channels aren't quite working right and I keep getting a "no signal" issue on my HD300 and in the placeshifter on my computer. Just like malbec the test file from sageDCT works fine and plays back in both sagetv and WMP. I have also noticed that if I record a show on one of these stations it won't playback on HD300 but will playback on my computer through the placeshifter and in WMP. I do have to wait for the show to finish recording first though.

I have only noticed this happens on the Discovery HD and SYFY HD. These channels are not access restricted or copy protected, at least according to the HDHR Prime settings page. I am sure there might be a few more channels having this problem but I have not come across them yet.

I have also upgraded to the latest drivers and software on everything and still have the same problem. For now I have disabled the HD versions of those channels and am just recording the standard def channels with no problems. If anyone would like to take a look at a recorded video file from one of these channels I can provide it.

I live in the Denver area and have comcast cable

If anyone has any ideas I would be interested in hearing from you.
I am in the Denver area with Comcast also, and have the same issue. With SYFY it is show dependent for me, but with Discovery and History I cannot tune any shows anymore (I had to revert back to my HD-PVR as primary tuner on those channels). I have not upgraded or changed anything. It is acting as if the copy protection flags have been set for those channels/shows. This started not to long after Comcast set the copy protection flags on Encore stations here, where before I could record from them. I am wondering if they are selectively setting the flags now. I will try to upgrade to the latest HDHR software and see if that helps, but my guess is it will not.

I have been playing around with WMC recently, and I was REALLY hoping that the Ceton Echo was gone to be released sooner rather than later, but it looks like I will have to wait a little longer to switch over to WMC. Native CableCard support is really, really NICE. No more wondering if the show is going to record or not as has recently been the case due to the issue noted above. I get a recording that does not record (very small non-playable file), play around and notice I cannot record that station any more.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I am in the Denver area with Comcast also, and have the same issue. With SYFY it is show dependent for me, but with Discovery and History I cannot tune any shows anymore (I had to revert back to my HD-PVR as primary tuner on those channels). I have not upgraded or changed anything. It is acting as if the copy protection flags have been set for those channels/shows. This started not to long after Comcast set the copy protection flags on Encore stations here, where before I could record from them. I am wondering if they are selectively setting the flags now. I will try to upgrade to the latest HDHR software and see if that helps, but my guess is it will not.

I have been playing around with WMC recently, and I was REALLY hoping that the Ceton Echo was gone to be released sooner rather than later, but it looks like I will have to wait a little longer to switch over to WMC. Native CableCard support is really, really NICE. No more wondering if the show is going to record or not as has recently been the case due to the issue noted above. I get a recording that does not record (very small non-playable file), play around and notice I cannot record that station any more.
When I first starting having this problem I too was getting the very small unplayable files. Since I upgraded all the drivers and software I do get regular sized recordings now but I just can't play them on my HD300 or watch the show live. If I take the recording and copy it to my imported video folder I can watch it through my HD300. I can also watch it in WMP on the server which it was recorded on and on any other computer in the house. I would think if it was copy protected I wouldn't be able to do these things. Plus the prime doesn't show there being in copy protection flags while these channels are being recorded.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamall View Post
When I first starting having this problem I too was getting the very small unplayable files. Since I upgraded all the drivers and software I do get regular sized recordings now but I just can't play them on my HD300 or watch the show live. If I take the recording and copy it to my imported video folder I can watch it through my HD300. I can also watch it in WMP on the server which it was recorded on and on any other computer in the house. I would think if it was copy protected I wouldn't be able to do these things. Plus the prime doesn't show there being in copy protection flags while these channels are being recorded.
Interesting. I have not done any investigation yet, I just disabled the channels for my HDHRP tuners so I could get the recordings I had missed on their next showing with my other tuners. So, it looks like they show signs of being blocked, but also signs they are not blocked. If I get a second this weekend I will try to check my STB and see if the flags are actually changed or not. Please keep me posted if you find a solution to this issue.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Sage User

I'm having trouble watching Comedy Central on my HDHR3cc Prime and Sagetv. SageDCT appears to be working for me and I'm using the stable release from 4/5/12 on my tuner. I can't watch Comedy central on StandardDef or HD, I get No Signal. I can watch it on QuickTV. Does this mean its copy protected?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage User

I don't get it, today it recorded Scrubs from Comedy Central SD and it plays fine. Live tv is now working on that channel, yesterday and the day before, No Signal. Color me confused.

Last edited by stewart710; 05-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.