SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I got my tuner today and picked up the m-card at Comcast. Well the activation was a bust. Turns out that my card was tied to someone else's account according to the tech on the phone. For some reason the tech will not fix that problem and said I needed to exchange the card. Funny part is that when I left the Comcast service desk I just blew off the fact that the service rep called me by the wrong name when she said merry christmas as I was leaving.

So back Comcast tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkimmell View Post
As an update... Comcast finally got my cable card setup properly. I am now able to view all stations but premiums via VLC, QuickTV and Sage.
I am having what I think is a similar problem to one you mentioned. I can view may of the non-premium channels, but a number of them are coming up as "copyonce". Were you having this problem? If so, how was it resolved? I have an open issue with Comcast, but they don't seem to be making much progress.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I am having what I think is a similar problem to one you mentioned. I can view may of the non-premium channels, but a number of them are coming up as "copyonce". Were you having this problem? If so, how was it resolved? I have an open issue with Comcast, but they don't seem to be making much progress.
I had a ticket open with their Tier 2 Cable card support tech. He tried several times to get it provisioned over the course of about 10 days. He opened a ticket with my local Comcast to have them check why I wasn't getting Showtime in WMC 7 and also why most non premiums were showning up Copy Once. He also had a tech come out.

The tech showed up and asked me where the Tivo was... had to laugh. I tried to explain to him what the issue was and I went to show him the stations that would not tune in and what do you know it was all working. I can only assume that they did something at the head end to get this resolved. The tech didn't have a clue.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok having issues with SageDCT. I have it running and it sees the tuners but If I do a test I get machine is actively refusing 127.0.0.1:6970

I am running WHS so I assume I need to change the firewall settings however do I just open it up on TCP 6970? Cause that did not seem to work.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
Ok having issues with SageDCT. I have it running and it sees the tuners but If I do a test I get machine is actively refusing 127.0.0.1:6970

I am running WHS so I assume I need to change the firewall settings however do I just open it up on TCP 6970? Cause that did not seem to work.
yep, firewall needs to be running and you need to set UDP exceptions for all the ports listed on the Tuners tab of SageDCT Config.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

This may be a stupid question.. I looked in the first couple of posts and in a couple other sage forums for something obvious.. Where do I get SageDCT?

I just got my prime today and I'll get my CC tomorrow. (hopefully)

I'll probably find it just as someone posts a link!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:

When I was setting up SageDCT I had this same issue. I was able to get it to go away by providing my administrator credentials to SageDCT through the ConfigureSageDCT "Service" tab. Be sure SageDCT restarts after you change your credentials (I would click the "Change Credentials" button followed by the "Save" button. Keep an eye on the status textbox and you should see it go through a service restart.)
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane View Post
When I was setting up SageDCT I had this same issue. I was able to get it to go away by providing my administrator credentials to SageDCT through the ConfigureSageDCT "Service" tab. Be sure SageDCT restarts after you change your credentials (I would click the "Change Credentials" button followed by the "Save" button. Keep an eye on the status textbox and you should see it go through a service restart.)
I have not given SageDCT admin rights yet but I did get past the issue with the firewall I think. Once I restarted SageDCT service the tests started working.

Here is the weird part when I go into SageTV and do the channel setup and preview a channel it works but only for the first channel I test. Then every channel after that test including the first one just plays a loop of the video for the first channel.

Last issue I have is with Comcast and the cable card. I got the card activated and it can tune all of the local unencrypted channels including the HD and it can tune some of the encrypted channels such as ESPN but not ESPNHD. What happens when I tune ESPNHD is it will start off saying that it is "subscribed" but then it will change to "not subscribed". First yes I do have the HD package and should get these channels. I have called Comcast twice now and they currently have a Teir 2 ticket out on the problem. My question is could this be because Comcast has those channels marked as Copy-Once? Or is it more likely they just have not provisioned my card correctly?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

If it is marked Copy Once it won't work with Sage. I have Comcast and since I only had a digital box before they had to do something to get all the channels I paid for recognized by the Cablecard. Until they did I just got the basic and locals. My understanding is preview doesn't work with SageDCT and Prime. I never bothered trying it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have not given SageDCT admin rights yet but I did get past the issue with the firewall I think. Once I restarted SageDCT service the tests started working.

Here is the weird part when I go into SageTV and do the channel setup and preview a channel it works but only for the first channel I test. Then every channel after that test including the first one just plays a loop of the video for the first channel.

Last issue I have is with Comcast and the cable card. I got the card activated and it can tune all of the local unencrypted channels including the HD and it can tune some of the encrypted channels such as ESPN but not ESPNHD. What happens when I tune ESPNHD is it will start off saying that it is "subscribed" but then it will change to "not subscribed". First yes I do have the HD package and should get these channels. I have called Comcast twice now and they currently have a Teir 2 ticket out on the problem. My question is could this be because Comcast has those channels marked as Copy-Once? Or is it more likely they just have not provisioned my card correctly?

Thanks
As Gerry said, the preview only works for the first channel. I ran into that too. As far as channels that should work, being marked "protected-copyonce" expect Comcast to take a while to resolve it. I have a ticket open as well for the same issue. Take a look at the 2nd half of my thread over at the SilconDust forum. There are some alternate recommendations about how to work with Comcast in case it doesn't get resolved.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
As Gerry said, the preview only works for the first channel. I ran into that too. As far as channels that should work, being marked "protected-copyonce" expect Comcast to take a while to resolve it. I have a ticket open as well for the same issue. Take a look at the 2nd half of my thread over at the SilconDust forum. There are some alternate recommendations about how to work with Comcast in case it doesn't get resolved.
Does the behavior I am seeing look like it might be a copu-once issue? I was hoping that a copy-once flag would be more obvious like seeing on the Tuner page of the HDHR a copy-once flag set.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Checked your thread and you get a screen like this on your tuner:
Code:
Virtual Channel   838 HGTV-HD 
Frequency   663.000 MHz 
Program Number   803 
Authorization   subscribed 
CCI Protection   protected-copyonce 
CGMS Protection   n/a 
Modulation Lock   qam256 
PCR Lock   locked 
Signal Strength   94% (-3.4 dBmV) 
Signal Quality   100% (35.2 dB) 
Symbol Quality   100% 
Streaming Rate   0.274 Mbps 
Resource Lock   none
I never see the CCI Protection protected-copyonce, on the channels I tested that would not work. What I get is initially it will say Authorization subscribed with nothing in CCI Protection and then within a few seconds change to Authorization not subscribed
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Doesn't sound like the same problem. Your issue may be more of a provisioning problem since your changing from subscribed to not subscribed. There are a few other threads on the SD site that describe similar issues, but I didn't pay much attention to them. You might do a search over there to see what you can find.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I never see the CCI Protection protected-copyonce, on the channels I tested that would not work. What I get is initially it will say Authorization subscribed with nothing in CCI Protection and then within a few seconds change to Authorization not subscribed
I initially had this issue when I activated the card. Comcast said it was because I had a HD box and never had a card. They had to send some other signal or consolidate the account. Any way it only took a second phone call and it was resolved in about 20-30 minutes.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok just so everyone knows I am doing my happy dance now!

Just needed to get the right Tier 2 guy on the phone to provision my cable card correctly. I now can tune all my channels.

So I get to retire my ancient Haupauge II SD card and cable box it was tied to, and will probably retire my HD PVR and its cable box including the remote blasters for them. So much simplier setup, I replace one SD tuner with an HD tuner and gain a 3rd HD tuner. So with the HDHR Prime and my original HDHR I think I am set for tuners.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Issues with XP install of SageDCT

Anyone have any help that they can offer to get the Prime working on XP Pro?

Here's what I did:

1) Made sure my .net was all up to date using Windows Update
2) I installed Prime's HD Homerun software and made sure it was up to date
3) Scanned the prime with Silicon Dust's config and it saw and could display some channel video
4) I installed SageDCT (latest version 11/05/11 on the binaries)
5) I added SageDCT.exe to the firewall exceptions and the firewall is running
6) Shut down the SageTV Service

But here is where it breaks:

7) I run SageDCT Config, Verbose mode, the service is running, but "Discovery" shows no found tuners. My account, the one it's using is an administrator account.

The verbose log contains:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12/14 19:01:41.21 : New UPnPMOCURFind
2011/12/14 19:01:55.17 : SearchComplete

I have two standard HDHomeRuns on the network. Could they be causing problems?

Do I need to make any changes under the "Settings" tab in the SageDCT Config? (I touched nothing there)

What type of changes might I need to make to the Windows firewall besides adding the SageDCT.exe?

Thank you, john
Old 12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok just so everyone knows I am doing my happy dance now!

Just needed to get the right Tier 2 guy on the phone to provision my cable card correctly. I now can tune all my channels.

So I get to retire my ancient Haupauge II SD card and cable box it was tied to, and will probably retire my HD PVR and its cable box including the remote blasters for them. So much simplier setup, I replace one SD tuner with an HD tuner and gain a 3rd HD tuner. So with the HDHR Prime and my original HDHR I think I am set for tuners.
Damn it spoke too soon. I tested just the main channels i was concerned with. However after further inspection I still am not subscribed to over 70 channels that I should get.

Last edited by Opus4; 12-15-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: edited for language
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok another 30 min call and I have more channels working. I am still missing one channel I have found so far Military History channel not too big a deal. Also noticed so far that 3 channels are marked copyonce. Country Music HD, LifeTime HD, LifeTime Movie Network HD. Never watch any of those channels so not too concerned and if anyone else wants to watch we do get the SD version fine. However I did ask the tech about why they were marked CopyOnce and he did not know and started to look into it but he said he did not see any of those three channels listed for my area. Now if you go to the "old" comcast lineup sure enough they are not listed but if you go to the Xfinity lineup they are. Can we say Charlie Foxtrot?

Oh well I have things working pretty well for now, maybe in a week or so I will have the strength to deal with Comcast about those others, particularly the Military History channel.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmdxtv View Post
Anyone have any help that they can offer to get the Prime working on XP Pro?
7) I run SageDCT Config, Verbose mode, the service is running, but "Discovery" shows no found tuners. My account, the one it's using is an administrator account.
Hmmm, ConfigureSageDCT should see the tuners regardless of the firewall state. Try quitting the program, power cycling the Prime, relaunch config and hit "Scan" on the Discovery tab again (my best tech support imitation ). If the HDHomeRun software is seeing the tuners but the SageDCT software isn't something else is screwy as I believe they use a similar discover mechanism.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Phelme,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Before leaving for work this morning I tried turning *off* the Windows Firewall and use the SAGEDCT config again, and this time it saw the tuners.

I figure I'll need to ask Andy what firewall rule changes I'll need to make on XP besides adding SAGEDCT.exe to the Program Exception list.

Once I get this working I'll report back. I'm guessing there are others running XP that got the Prime through some holiday deal and are just starting to install it.

John