SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get SageTV working with SageDCT

WHy am I getting the following errors in the SageDCT log files:

2014/11/23 16:09:06.47 : Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7A10E1E1-F430-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131D17FC-0
2014/11/23 16:09:06.49 : Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7A10E1E1-F430-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131D17FC-1

Curiously, only for tuners 0 and 1, not for 2 for some reason.

Everything seems to be configured correctly. I am NOT running a firewall and can telnet to the ports that SageDCT is using for the tuners.

I configured one of the tuners with only channel 4 but I can't watch it live or record anything. It creates an empty file named SageDCTHDHomeRunPrimeTuner131D17FC0on1270016970DigitalTVTuner-0.mpgbuf but never does anything else.

If I do a SageDCT test, it returns 1 but doesn't create d:\file.ts

I have gotten HDHRPrime3 to work ok with Media center but can't for the life of me get it integrated into SageTV.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime

Last edited by brandypuff; 11-23-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
WHy am I getting the following errors in the SageDCT log files:

2014/11/23 16:09:06.47 : Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7A10E1E1-F430-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131D17FC-0
2014/11/23 16:09:06.49 : Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7A10E1E1-F430-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131D17FC-1

Curiously, only for tuners 0 and 1, not for 2 for some reason.

Everything seems to be configured correctly. I am NOT running a firewall and can telnet to the ports that SageDCT is using for the tuners.

I configured one of the tuners with only channel 4 but I can't watch it live or record anything. It creates an empty file named SageDCTHDHomeRunPrimeTuner131D17FC0on1270016970DigitalTVTuner-0.mpgbuf but never does anything else.

If I do a SageDCT test, it returns 1 but doesn't create d:\file.ts

I have gotten HDHRPrime3 to work ok with Media center but can't for the life of me get it integrated into SageTV.
I have been going crazy trying to get my Primes to work all morning with SAGEDCT and FFMPEG since the latest Prime firmware beta upgrade. Will work with DUMP not with ffmpeg.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

What directions for SageDCT+Prime installation have you followed to get you this far?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Just few things to consider based on the research I have done thus far:

According to your signature, you're running Win 7 64-bit. I have read a few sources claiming SageDCT has issues running in a 64-bit environment.

You state you're not running a firewall. According to the Andy VT site: "NOTE: Many people have reported issues with SageDCT when they disable the Windows Firewall. Please make sure you have it enabled before seeking assistance if something doesn't work."

Did you set up Windows Media Center for the Prime on your Sage server? The Missing Remote SageDCT Guide states "if the tuners were used by WMC in the past, WMC tends to block any other software from using them."

Do you have the latest version of SageDCT? The latest version is 2.7.2 and you have to donate to get access to it. I haven't done so myself yet, but I plan to do so soon when I hopefully have a chance to get it installed on my Sage box.

Last edited by jillsy; 11-23-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Brandypuff, if you're just getting a "1" returned but no recording when testing in the ConfigureSageDTC utility, it sounds like you selected "version" as the command under the Test tab and didn't actually start recording. Select "Start" and then Send"you should start seeing video recorded in the specified file.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

NYPlayer--
You're not alone. I also lost FFMPEG functionality with SageDCT after I allowed the HDHRPrime to update its firmware. I didn't make the connection until I saw your post. Please keep us informed of your progress in finding a fix.

Cheers.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoJohn View Post
NYPlayer--
You're not alone. I also lost FFMPEG functionality with SageDCT after I allowed the HDHRPrime to update its firmware. I didn't make the connection until I saw your post. Please keep us informed of your progress in finding a fix.

Cheers.
I got it working again by Uninstalling and re-installing SAGEDCT no need to make changes to properties files ... reboot server PC . Make sure to run SAGEDCT setup as administrator. Make sure to set the SAGEDCT logon if you had it set to a user.... it goes back to default.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-24-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

NP, what version of the HDHRPrime firmware are you running? John, please confirm if you get this working ... have been waiting to upgrade firmware until someone reports in.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
NP, what version of the HDHRPrime firmware are you running? John, please confirm if you get this working ... have been waiting to upgrade firmware until someone reports in.
A new firmware just came out today. Waiting for a window to Install it.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay. As I understand it, there is no going backward on firmware upgrades with the Prime, so interested to see what you experience.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay. As I understand it, there is no going backward on firmware upgrades with the Prime, so interested to see what you experience.
Installed fine no problem in Sage did not break anything. I like the new Android Hd Homerun VIEW you can watch DRMed channels on the android device.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-25-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

making some progress

I am only running the 2.6 X64 version of SageDCT. I don't know how to get the latest version since the developer hasn't returned my email.

I am able to record shows using the test feature of SageDCT now. It will work on all 3 tuners. all the other test options work, too.

However, with SageTV, when i manually choose to record a show, it will create the file using the correct guide info as the filename but it never actually triggers the Prime to start recording so the file remains at zero bytes in size. Not sure what's going on here. Maybe there's something wrong with the Prime entries in the sage.properties file?

Both SageDCT and SAGETV are on the same server. I am not running a firewall and the ports are open since SageDCT can access the tuners when performing the test function.

Prior i tried WMC which is also on the same box and that worked fine. I've shut down the WMC service so there would be no interference.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am only running the 2.6 X64 version of SageDCT. I don't know how to get the latest version since the developer hasn't returned my email.

I am able to record shows using the test feature of SageDCT now. It will work on all 3 tuners. all the other test options work, too.

However, with SageTV, when i manually choose to record a show, it will create the file using the correct guide info as the filename but it never actually triggers the Prime to start recording so the file remains at zero bytes in size. Not sure what's going on here. Maybe there's something wrong with the Prime entries in the sage.properties file?

Both SageDCT and SAGETV are on the same server. I am not running a firewall and the ports are open since SageDCT can access the tuners when performing the test function.

Prior i tried WMC which is also on the same box and that worked fine. I've shut down the WMC service so there would be no interference.
You really need the 2.7 SAGEDCT if using the prime ... the dump feature is hit and miss on 2.6. FFMPEG works fine in SageTV with the latest firmware and windows 8.1. If you donate you can download 2.72
Old 11-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I will get 2.7 and report back.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If you can View Dump not a firewall issue. If using ffmpeg you have to make sure that this property is false for your primes.

mmc/encoders/123456984/100/0encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false

But if your files have a TS extension then you probably have another problem ... SAGETV is not the best in recording TS streams from the Prime as the demuxer and stuff is outdated... Also the ffmpeg that is built in to SAGEDCT is also outdated.

PS.. Make sure that if you are on a 64BIT system you Install SAGEDCT 64 bit
Can you clarify what the optimal recording format is?

As I understand it, Sagetv will records in TS if that configuration line is set to false. Which you need for ffmpeg. But here you also say that TS files have problems?

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
Can you clarify what the optimal recording format is?

As I understand it, Sagetv will records in TS if that configuration line is set to false. Which you need for ffmpeg. But here you also say that TS files have problems?
That is the best option using SAGEDCT withh ffmpeg I am just stating that once in a while you will get a file that locks up SAGETV in that case you have to remux it or use Videoredo to fix it.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still no Go. Please help

I've uploaded the SageDCT log file that maybe someone can look at.

When I try to record a show all I get is two empty files that will get automatically deleted. For example, WBZNews-966927-1.ts and WBZNews-966927-2.ts. Why does it create 2 files?

There is no firewall issue since I can use WMC okay to record shows. I've stopped the WMC service to eliminate conflicts while setting up SageTV.

I also cannot tune to a channel in the program guide to watch a show. It says no signal.

This should not be so hard to setup. I am using SageDCT 2.0 x64 and the ffmpeg setting. The test feature will record a show OK and all the commands: VERSION, START, STOP, etc work. It's just getting SageTV to use SageDCT correctly.

I hope someone can help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageDCT_2772.zip (7.6 KB, 158 views)

Old 12-01-2014, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've uploaded the SageDCT log file that maybe someone can look at.

When I try to record a show all I get is two empty files that will get automatically deleted. For example, WBZNews-966927-1.ts and WBZNews-966927-2.ts. Why does it create 2 files?

There is no firewall issue since I can use WMC okay to record shows. I've stopped the WMC service to eliminate conflicts while setting up SageTV.

I also cannot tune to a channel in the program guide to watch a show. It says no signal.

This should not be so hard to setup. I am using SageDCT 2.0 x64 and the ffmpeg setting. The test feature will record a show OK and all the commands: VERSION, START, STOP, etc work. It's just getting SageTV to use SageDCT correctly.

I hope someone can help.
You say it is not a firewall issue but WMC has nothing to do with SageTV being able to record. Make sure Sagetvservice and sagetv have full access in your firewall. Also make sure in the application tab of the hd homerun setup you have chosen SageTV. Also maybe post your properties file ... so we can look at the SageDCT assignments.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What directions for SageDCT+Prime installation have you followed to get you this far?
James, so that we know what you have done thus far, what directions for SageDCT setup have you followed? There are numerous steps involved.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

I have been having an issue with one machine, one Prime and SageDCT for months now. Everything will work fine for weeks at a time and then after a reboot the machine will suddenly lose the ability to record/tune 1 or 2 of the tuners on the Prime. Never all the tuners, and sometimes I'll only lose one and other times I'll lose 2 of the 3. And it is never the same ones.

The Prime, and CPU have reserved addresses in my router so they always use the same address.
All the tuners have their UDP ports open in Windows Firewall (Win 8.1). I'm using the latest 2.7.02 version of SageDCT.

The odd thing is that when this happens in SageTV all the tuners work fine in the HDHR tools and can tune all the non-DRM'ed channels.

This morning it happened again. I lost 2 of the 3 tuners ability to tune in SageTV. A reboot got 2 of the 3 working with one still not working. I've tried resetting and pulling the plug and restarting the Prime. No effect.

In the test tab of SageDCT everything works with the exception of "Start" on the offending tuner(s) that won't work in SageTV. It will never create a file, I'm assuming since it never actually tunes the channel. Again, the tuner(s) that doesn't work in SageTV will work just fine in the Silicon Dust utilities.

I am using Dump since it is the only thing that I've ever been able to get working. I don't have the spare horsepower to run VLC and I've never even gotten anywhere at all with FFMPEG.

At this point I'm guessing that there's a problem with the port that SageTv/SageDCT use to communicate with the tuners. I had issues getting that to work on my WHS machine. I had to manually change the port to find ones that would work. I had similar issues on the Win8.1 machine (same issues when I had Win7 on the machine)

Damn I hate random happenings that you just can't seem to track down.

Anyone had similar problems? I'm not looking forward to tonight when only 2 of my 3 tuners will work.

Last edited by waynedunham; 12-02-2014 at 01:49 PM.