SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Performance is really good, just a few seconds.

Can record 4 HD channels (BBC One, BBCHD, Channel 4 and Channel 5) at once, using a 5th ( dvb-t) and my server causes the UI to slow down noticably, but video playback is good. I'm only running a Atom 1.6ghz itx board with RAID 1 over 4 disks

As before setup is TBS6984, Oscam, DVBE4Sage, Sagetv 7.19
Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

Setup is working well, looks like I have a TBS6981 going up for sale as I have no free PCIe slots
Old 11-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Whitey, good to here from you

Yes DVBE4SAGE finds all four tuners an works perfectly as ever.

Can confirm that TBS6984, EPG Collector and DVBE4SAGE all working perfectly

Just wish I could get OSCAM to work after resuming from Sleep on the server.
Not been around much since the whole google thing

Can't really help with your OSCAM issue since my server runs 247. Do you have it running as a service?

Whitey
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Whitey, how did you get it running as a service.
Running v 0.99.4svn build #2859.

Created a service using the sc.exe command to run the oscam.exe file but it would never start successfully.

How did you manage it?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Whitey, how did you get it running as a service.
Running v 0.99.4svn build #2859.

Created a service using the sc.exe command to run the oscam.exe file but it would never start successfully.

How did you manage it?
I tried a OSCAM wrapper too that didn't work either so I just set-up a scheduled task to run OSCAM at start up. It works great and it's never failed.

Whitey
Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Got it running as a startup event which works well, it just does not refresh the card on resume from sleep.
Will try and create a resume event script to kill and start
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Can record 4 HD channels (BBC One, BBCHD, Channel 4 and Channel 5) at once, using a 5th ( dvb-t) and my server causes the UI to slow down noticably, but video playback is good. I'm only running a Atom 1.6ghz itx board with RAID 1 over 4 disks

Thank you very much for your feedback. On the TBS forum few people reported issues with this card when is raining as we all know that rain effects satellite digital signal quite badly. TBS is going to release a new software soon to address this problem. Did you experienced any issue with rain so far? There is a free application TBS IP TOOL (V3.0.3.3) to download from TBS website that allows you to read the signal quality/strength. Last question, promise , are the drivers WHQL?

TA
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

We've not had much in the way of rain lately, but I do have a 80cm dish instead of the standard 60cm and quality LNB.
I found that with all pc devices the dish must be well aligned otherwise even in good weather some channels cannot be received.

So far signal looks good and no different according to signal strength/quality on dvb dream when compared to 6981.

I would suggest checking your dish alignment if you are getting issues.

I'm not aware of the issues reported on the TBS forum, a quick look in the forum and I could only find one issue and no acnkowledgement of a new driver version to resolve.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm not aware of the issues reported on the TBS forum, a quick look in the forum and I could only find one issue and no acnkowledgement of a new driver version to resolve.
I was referring to the issue posted at the link below related to when the rain starts and stop and on page two of the thread there is a mention to temporary new drivers to test in order to solve this issue.
http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1200

I have four NOVA DVB-S/S2 tuner card connected to a Wave Frontier toroidal dish with three high quality MTI LNBs and hadn't any issue whatsoever in any weather condition. I'm just curious about how this new TBS card will work in weaker signal condition. Please let us know how the card perform when the weather will turn into "normal" eventually
Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Heavy rain tonight.

Following the comments, started to watch some Sat tv using the 6984.

Now very heavy and so far reception is fine, even on stations such at Travel which I used to get break up on

Old 11-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

OScam, Managed to get it running as a windows service.

The problem is that it does not find the card after resume from sleep
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I just realised that you used DVBE4Sage for your testing...it would be nice whether you could possibly test the card native as DVBE4Sage will use only one tuner when the channels are at the same frequency.

Also, I'm really really really interested to your OSCAM + ACAMD configuration as I'm planning to do the same with the Italian Tivusat smartcard (Nagravision). I read bout OSCAM and I'm planning to buy the Inifinity USB smart card reader, but what about ACAMD, how cam you make working with SageTV

Any help is really appreciated
Old 11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nothing scheduled to record, so set up tuners direct to sage ( no dvbe4sage ).

Recorded from all four channels ( free to air ) at the same time natively in sage.

Had to give up with oscam, works really well, except would not work after resuming from sleep. So reverted to Newcsgui and acamd (csc.dll) and placing the card back in the box every month.

Newcs really easy to set up, pm me if you want my config

Do not have the Infinity card but it is possibly the best one and does come recommended widely.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nothing scheduled to record, so set up tuners direct to sage ( no dvbe4sage ).

Recorded from all four channels ( free to air ) at the same time natively in sage.

Had to give up with oscam, works really well, except would not work after resuming from sleep. So reverted to Newcsgui and acamd (csc.dll) and placing the card back in the box every month.

Newcs really easy to set up, pm me if you want my config

Do not have the Infinity card but it is possibly the best one and does come recommended widely.
Thank you very much for the info, so to recap:
- Install and configure NewCS (v1.65) + NewCSGUI 1.2 (Will run on system tray, nice)
- ACAMD: found version 0.6.1.8. I don't need NDS support, but only Nagravision support for 4 tuner cards, will the NewCS server provide that?. I understand that you're are currently using the CSC.dll version instead on the ACAMD.dll, is it more stable?
- Finally, in order to work with SageTV I suspect you need to install the "MDAPIFilter.ax" which will be used by SageTV when building the filter graph to support the encrypted data stream, correct?

This is completely new territory for me, so if you can please point me in the right direction would be great.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Routerunner, sorry for the delay, busy few days.
acamd.dll and csc.dll - both seem to work equally well. Just stayed with csc.dll
Sorry, can't help on the plugin direct to Sagetv, never looked into this route. Would appreciate someone letting me know, like yourself, how this is achieved.
Almost about given up on oscam, can't get it stable enough. Newcs is, to me at least, far more reliable.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Sage Icon

I tried using MDAPIFilter.ax a year or two ago, at the time it wasn't in active development and was utterly unreliable. Useless.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
I tried using MDAPIFilter.ax a year or two ago, at the time it wasn't in active development and was utterly unreliable. Useless.
Hi, can you please elaborate how you were trying to use the filter? Directly within sagetv (registering the filter via regsvr32) or via third party player? If the latter I suspect you were using an HTPC solution and not an extender.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Hi, can you please elaborate how you were trying to use the filter? Directly within sagetv (registering the filter via regsvr32) or via third party player? If the latter I suspect you were using an HTPC solution and not an extender.
Of course I was using an HTPC solution, SageTV. I have no idea how you think this relates to extenders.

Basically register the ax on the server, drop FFDecsa.dll into the Sage folder, add the following reg key:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FreyTechnologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\PluginFilter]
"PrePlugin"="Agarwal's MDAPI filter"
And Sage loads the filter as part of its startup. Can't remember much else, configuration or whatever, I know it produced a system tray icon for each tuner, crashed frequently and never successfully descrambled anything. So I did the decent thing and gave up.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Sage Icon

[QUOTE=rickgillyon;520485]Of course I was using an HTPC solution, SageTV. I have no idea how you think this relates to extenders.

What I meant is by using an external DVB player that of course must run on a HTPC client, on the extender you can only use the built-in player in the SageTV server which feeds the stream to the extender.

SageTV server running on Windows creates a DirectShow filter graph, hence the need to register the ".ax" filter, but what about the "FFDecsa.dll"? I thought that the the "ACamd.dll/csc.dll" would provide the support?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
SageTV server running on Windows creates a DirectShow filter graph, hence the need to register the ".ax" filter, but what about the "FFDecsa.dll"? I thought that the the "ACamd.dll/csc.dll" would provide the support?
I wasn't running the same plugins or tv system as you are.