SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage User

Don't worry... even during the outage, for me work came before Navi-X. All in good time my brother.

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
I uninstalled Playon and NaviX. I then Reinstalled Navi-X. It still did not show up under online services. Then I figured out the problem.

If you arrow down to Online in the main menu and select OK you will not see Navi-X. It only shows up in the sub-menu, therefore, when you arrow down to Online you then need to arrow to the right to see Navi-X.

Sorry for all the drama.
No problem. At least the mystery is solved.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried this out. Can find in the online submenu, and i have the two install folders. But when i click on Navi-X, it comes up saying No Title Avaialable -- playlist could not be loaded --<empty>. This is on the server and placeshifter

Last edited by sabre; 07-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
I tried this out. Can find in the online submenu, and i have the two install folders. But when i click on Navi-X, it comes up saying No Title Avaialable -- playlist could not be loaded --<empty>.
That means it couldn't reach the Navi-X website. What happens if you click this: http://navix.turner3d.net/playlist/5...ortal_home.plx

You should see a bunch of text that starts out like this:

Code:
version=1
background=http://navix.turner3d.net/images/backgrounds/bkg_navix_bh_plain.jpg
title=navi-xtreme ยป nxportal home
logo=http://navix.turner3d.net/images/logos/logo.png

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Indeed, you are right. Peerblocker was blocking it. Now I get some action. Will play around with it. Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Indeed, you are right. Peerblocker was blocking it. Now I get some action. Will play around with it. Thanks
Remember, this is really alpha or pre-alpha stuff. The UI is quite bland/ugly and will show lots of debug information.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Understood, but there certainly is a lot of content (too much?). nice job. not a lot of videos play so far, but have to try on my extender rather than placeshifter.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I see that a lot of things play fine and a lot of things don't. I need to do a complete comparison between boxee box and Sagetv before I can tell you what works and what doesn't work. I am pretty impressed with what I see for beta.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see that a lot of things play fine and a lot of things don't. I need to do a complete comparison between boxee box and Sagetv before I can tell you what works and what doesn't work. I am pretty impressed with what I see for beta.
Comparing what plays on Boxee and what plays on Sage will be a HUGE help to me. I spend a lot of time finding stuff that won't play, and then seeing if it plays on XBMC or not. A big thanks to any help you can offer.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

So far with my little bit of testing I can see that SyFy channel starts and stops after about 30 sec. Animefreak.tv works flawlessly.

Maybe I will build a list based on Channel and then give you the results.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Sage User

Creating a playlist of different media formats on it then going down the list one by one to see if it plays should help. I was going to make a debugging playlist for testing purposes for Navi-X a while back but had to put it off. I will try to do this sometime this week if possible.

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe I will build a list based on Channel and then give you the results.
That would be helpful. My wife complained that her soap stopped after a few minutes as well

Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNBiLL View Post
Creating a playlist of different media formats on it then going down the list one by one to see if it plays should help. I was going to make a debugging playlist for testing purposes for Navi-X a while back but had to put it off. I will try to do this sometime this week if possible.

iRoNBiLL
That would also be very helpful!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Understood, but there certainly is a lot of content (too much?). nice job. not a lot of videos play so far, but have to try on my extender rather than placeshifter.
I have had better luck with my HD300 than with Placeshifter.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage User

It looks like Navi-X for Playon is going to be ready here soon. Sptuck, over at playonplugins.com is ready for Alpha testing and has designated testers already! Hope to see you soon at the finish line as well tmiranda. I will try to make that playlist for you later today.

http://www.playonscripts.com/?w=forums&p=4238&page=2

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks like Navi-X for Playon is going to be ready here soon. Sptuck, over at playonplugins.com is ready for Alpha testing and has designated testers already! Hope to see you soon at the finish line as well tmiranda. I will try to make that playlist for you later today.

http://www.playonscripts.com/?w=forums&p=4238&page=2

iRoNBiLL
Cool. I just purchased a Boxee Box so I can play with Navi-X on that as well

Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Cool. I just purchased a Boxee Box so I can play with Navi-X on that as well
Awesome! It should help you greatly in making your port!

I created a "Debugging and Testing Playlist" in Navi-Xtreme at this time. It's a good start but I will revise it with more gritty details and such at a later time. It should help you playback most everything though if you can play all this playlist via Navi-X for SageTV.

You can either search for it in Navi-Xtreme for "Debugging and Testing Playlist" or go to iRoNBiLL's Playlist and then click on the playlist below.

Here is the link to it if you want to see the playlist output as well... open it with a text editor to see the text.
http://navix.turner3d.net/playlist/5...g_playlist.plx

Good luck with testing!

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-14-2011, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Awesome! It should help you greatly in making your port!

I created a "Debugging and Testing Playlist" in Navi-Xtreme at this time. It's a good start but I will revise it with more gritty details and such at a later time. It should help you playback most everything though if you can play all this playlist via Navi-X for SageTV.

You can either search for it in Navi-Xtreme for "Debugging and Testing Playlist" or go to iRoNBiLL's Playlist and then click on the playlist below.

Here is the link to it if you want to see the playlist output as well... open it with a text editor to see the text.
http://navix.turner3d.net/playlist/5...g_playlist.plx

Good luck with testing!

iRoNBiLL
Yes, the Boxee Box will help with the port. It's getting really old switching back and forth between XBMC and Sage. People who think Sage is dead should take note that I spent almost $200 bucks. (Yes, the family will use it too.)

Thanks much for the example playlist. I see some types are not present so I was hoping you could shed some light on:

rss_item
rss:rss
rss:video
rss:html
rss:image
html_youtube
navi-x
xml_shoutcast
xml_applemovie
playlist_youtube
opml
list_note

I've run into all of these during my testing.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I need to dedicate some time to testing so I can provide results. Seems like the days go so fast.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
rss_item
rss:rss
rss:video
rss:html
rss:image
html_youtube
navi-x
xml_shoutcast
xml_applemovie
playlist_youtube
opml
list_note

I've run into all of these during my testing.

Thanks,

Tom
Hey Tom,

Didn't forget about you... this work day has been busy to say the least but I will hopefully find time here this evening to update these types of entries on the Testing and Debugging Playlist later. Keep you posted, thanks!

iRoNBiLL