SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I would be interested in the windows service

Come to think of it can't remember If it is episodename or episodetitle. Not at home and went of memory maybe someone else that uses bmt and has a prop file can chime in . Be sure in reindex to read the property files.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothekow View Post
Is there a document that explains the fields I can set in that properties file? I think I found one a long while ago when I originally wrote my metadata collection service - but I think it was pretty old even at the time I used it..
I found 2 links to metadata listings that may be of help...

http://code.google.com/p/sagephoenix...FieldName.java

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...23&postcount=1

k
Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Great - thanks for sharing. You guys here in the forums are all outstanding - thanks.

Now - Given that information - still having problems. I set the EpisodeName and EpisodeTitle fields in the .properties file (since i didn't know which it was).. but still seeing the same results (and that was after doing a 'rescan imported media' in the advanced setup area.

Any thoughts?

Title=Futurama
MediaTitle=Futurama
Director=Mark Ervin;
Writer=Patric M. Verrone;
Description=Professor Farnsworth installs an empathy chip in Bender after the inconsiderate robot flushes Nibbler down the toilet. With his newfound emotions, a concerned Bender ventures into the mutant-infested sewers to rescue Leela's beloved pet.
Rated=
UserRating=7
MediaType=TV
EpisodeNumber=5
EpisodeTitle=I Second That Emotion
EpisodeName=I Second That Emotion
SeasonNumber=2
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:73871
ReleaseDate=1999-11-21

Also - you catch my question about showing all the seasons on the main screen as opposed to show... then season.. then episodes? Is that possible?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

X

You need to reindex not rescan. Stop sagetv service set the reindex property to true on the server then restart and rescan.

And as to your question no not sure why you would want that?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also - you catch my question about showing all the seasons on the main screen as opposed to show... then season.. then episodes? Is that possible?
You can turn off the Season views in the diamond options and then it will list all the Series and the next screen will list all the episodes for all the seasons in one list... this is what I do. but mostly I watch episodes in order so I turn on the Diamond Play Options and on the Series screen I just press play and then play again and it plays the next episode that I haven't watched.

I agree with Plucky as to not understanding why you would want all the seasons on the Series list.... perhaps we are not understanding you

k
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
You can turn off the Season views in the diamond options and then it will list all the Series and the next screen will list all the episodes for all the seasons in one list... this is what I do. but mostly I watch episodes in order so I turn on the Diamond Play Options and on the Series screen I just press play and then play again and it plays the next episode that I haven't watched.

I agree with Plucky as to not understanding why you would want all the seasons on the Series list.... perhaps we are not understanding you

k
I _dont_ want all the seasons in the series list. I want to select:
Season.. then be presented with a list of seasons available.. select a season.. then be presented with a list of episodes available.

It seemed that it was showing an entry for each individual season on the series list.. maybe I'm just still having trouble with the metadata right now though. I realized that it came across as the reverse of what I wanted in my last post.. think it was more clear in my original post :-).

So far as the rescanning -- I thought that was the whole point of the rescan thing? I thought that re-read all the metadata? Under Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced->Rescan Existing Library Files. The info text along the bottom says 'Redetects File Format and Metadata Information For Imported Files.".

What does the reindex do that this doesn't?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Season.. then be presented with a list of seasons available.. select a season.. then be presented with a list of episodes available.

It seemed that it was showing an entry for each individual season on the series list.. maybe I'm just still having trouble with the metadata right now though. I realized that it came across as the reverse of what I wanted in my last post.. think it was more clear in my original post :-).

So far as the rescanning -- I thought that was the whole point of the rescan thing? I thought that re-read all the metadata? Under Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced->Rescan Existing Library Files. The info text along the bottom says 'Redetects File Format and Metadata Information For Imported Files.".

What does the reindex do that this doesn't?
Reindex forces it to reread your properties files those are only reread on initial add,when a file changes or when reindex is set to true. Just rescaning will not reread the properties files.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No you can have show--seasons of that show---episodes of that season

Or what jusjoken said.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - one last question for the night (sorry that I'm probably posting in the wrong place for this.. people are actually reading this though :-)). Using an HD300 extender with the diamond plugin -- and for no apparently reason I suddenly can't open any of the items on the main menu (tv, videos, setup, etc) without the entire interface just freezing. I can hit the power button and the unit will turn off - but nothing else seems to get a response. I can hit the options button and it will pop up the options menu - but anything else I do seems to freeze up the UI. I hav eno idea what I did/changed... I watched an episode of recorded tv.. (Well.. two :-)).. deleted them.. returned to the main menu.. went to setup->plugins to go look for new plugins to try... and it locked up as soon as I selected the option to view available plugins... (didn't even get a chance to select anything.. screen listing plugins never mad eit up.. looked like it locked up with it _just_ starting to fade in)...

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? It isn't waiting/showing the progress spinner... UI just flat out locks up.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok - one last question for the night (sorry that I'm probably posting in the wrong place for this.. people are actually reading this though :-)). Using an HD300 extender with the diamond plugin -- and for no apparently reason I suddenly can't open any of the items on the main menu (tv, videos, setup, etc) without the entire interface just freezing. I can hit the power button and the unit will turn off - but nothing else seems to get a response. I can hit the options button and it will pop up the options menu - but anything else I do seems to freeze up the UI. I hav eno idea what I did/changed... I watched an episode of recorded tv.. (Well.. two :-)).. deleted them.. returned to the main menu.. went to setup->plugins to go look for new plugins to try... and it locked up as soon as I selected the option to view available plugins... (didn't even get a chance to select anything.. screen listing plugins never mad eit up.. looked like it locked up with it _just_ starting to fade in)...

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? It isn't waiting/showing the progress spinner... UI just flat out locks up.
If it were me I would delete the props file for the extender under the clients folder and start from scratch.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Are you using the latest beta firmware for the HD300?

If not at the firmware update page type "beta" on the remote keypad and install the latest.

And what Plucky says

Jeremy
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Sage User

Is it possible to put Intelligent Recordings into a separate folder so that they are not mixed in with the stuff I know I want to watch?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwebb View Post
Is it possible to put Intelligent Recordings into a separate folder so that they are not mixed in with the stuff I know I want to watch?
You may be able to create a TV view that filters out the manual and favorite recordings and only leaves the "intelligent" ones, then create another view for only the manual/favorite recordings you know you want to watch... You would need to use the opposite filters on each view.

I'm pretty sure that you can't specify the folder/drive of any recording. Kind of goes against the drive space and performance settings that sage uses to decide where to record on your recording drives.

Good luck.

J

Last edited by jorton; 05-11-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - sorry for going all off-topic again still -- PluckyHD -- since you're mainly responding do you want me to just PM you from now on?

I am getting closer to tracking down my problem. I found out why it was showing separate 'seasons' on the main 'Series' screen --- the 'Title' field of the files were still incorrect. It was using the import path (like 'Tv Shows\Burn Notice\Season 04' instead of the title in my properties file 'Burn Notice'). So - since each season was in it's own folder - it had a unique title and ended up in it's own group.

I figured this out by installing the 'CMT' plug-in and actually editing the metadata for some of my files. I'm pretty baffled by the results at the moment. Two things in particular aren't making any sense to me:

1) It is using the file's import path instead of the 'Title' i specify in the .properties file for the Title.

2) It is using the series name (which I am storing in the 'Title' or 'MediaTitle') for the 'Episode' field in CMT (which appears to be the 'EpisodeName' when I have CMT generate a properties file).

I'm attaching two separate files. One is an example of a .properties file generated by CMT after I manually edited the metadata in SageTV (with CMT) to make the title and episode names correct. The other is an example of the output from metadata service (which I updated to match the CMT output). I edited the Sage.Properties file and set the force_rebuild_full_index=true (or whatever the property is).. also edited the Sage_clients.properties file and set the same field in there to true (just in case?). stopped/restarted the service... saw the little 'refreshing imported data' icon in the top of the screen... and it did actually run because it ended up overwriting the changes I had manually made to the file with CMT.. Still ended up with the same weird results I described above. Any thoughts? Is the sageTV .properties file import just somehow broken?

FYI - renamed the files to '.txt' because the attachment manager for the forum didn't seem to like the .properties file extension.
(CMT) American Dad - S01E01 - Pilot.txt
Burn Notice - S01E01.txt
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

You are supppose to stop the service before editing the properties files. From reading it looks like you stopped and restarted after editing?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry. I stopped the service, then edited the files and verified that the flag=true was set, then started the service.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Yup that should have forced it to reread the properties files....There really isn't any other method short of bmt.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yup that should have forced it to reread the properties files....There really isn't any other method short of bmt.
Alright.. bizzaro.. I just don't get it. On a tangent for a new solution to my issue -- any idea if it is at all possible to programmaticly modify the wiz.bin file directly through C++/C#? Saw that most everything was done in java .. unfortunately that is a language I have approximately zero experience with :-). Wasn't sure if there was a good way to wrap the java calls or something... I've done virtually no digging into what is involved with doing dev work on SaveTV so far... but figured I'd ask in case there was something obvious out there I wasn't aware of.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Alright.. bizzaro.. I just don't get it. On a tangent for a new solution to my issue -- any idea if it is at all possible to programmaticly modify the wiz.bin file directly through C++/C#? Saw that most everything was done in java .. unfortunately that is a language I have approximately zero experience with :-). Wasn't sure if there was a good way to wrap the java calls or something... I've done virtually no digging into what is involved with doing dev work on SaveTV so far... but figured I'd ask in case there was something obvious out there I wasn't aware of.
That method should be working if not I would bug it with sage and send some logs and see if they have any advice.

Editing the db directly is not possible. You can do it with the sage api and java.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That method should be working if not I would bug it with sage and send some logs and see if they have any advice.

Editing the db directly is not possible. You can do it with the sage api and java.
Figured as much. Now to do some googling to see if there is any reasonable way to access the java API from a C# app....