SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm seeing some odd things as well. If you have problems I'd suggest going back to the last version before I added the secondary user support. (In the plugin repository.) You will need to uninstall the plugin (UI Mod AND General), delete the .xml you copied to the Sage install directory, then reinstall the plugin.
I am not having any kind of critical problems. I value this plugin with secondary user support over the ability to view my latest photos (which I can do by just disabling the plugin). So unless you or someone else finds a destructive bug, I plan to continue using it as-is.

Thanks again.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Something obvious for you to check. Log in as Admin and then go to "Change User Settings". Make sure that "Show Newly Imported Videos" is set to Yes. This actually controls ALL imported MediaFiles (Video, Photos, Music).

If it's set to Yes and you still are not seeing photos that are imported send me the logfile from the Sage server.

Tom

They were set to "No". When I tried to change them the users disappeared. I tried adding them back and it says "Invalid entry. The user already exists". I am going through cleaning up the database now.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have also lost my Admin user, so I can't make any other changes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no difference. I may have to roll back to a previous version at this point.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I have also lost my Admin user, so I can't make any other changes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no difference. I may have to roll back to a previous version at this point.

Wayne
I saw this problem last night and already fixed it. I'll post a fix later on today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They were set to "No". When I tried to change them the users disappeared. I tried adding them back and it says "Invalid entry. The user already exists". I am going through cleaning up the database now.

Wayne
Being set to "No" is most likely causing your problem with the photos. I'll post a fix for the user error later today.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Fix

Here is a newer version that will fix the "user already exists" problem. I'm making some changes to the "Show Newly Imported Videos" code so right now it will always be "Yes".

New .xml attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (3.0 KB, 130 views)

Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Here is a newer version that will fix the "user already exists" problem. I'm making some changes to the "Show Newly Imported Videos" code so right now it will always be "Yes".

New .xml attached.
I uninstalled the previous version, installed this one, copied the new .xml file over and restarted Sage. Still no Admin user available and I am still missing the other two users. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I uninstalled the previous version, installed this one, copied the new .xml file over and restarted Sage. Still no Admin user available and I am still missing the other two users. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Wayne
You need to copy the xml file to the Sage install directory and then upgrade. If you uninstalled and reinstalled and then copied over the xml you reinstalled the old version. You must copy over the xml to the Sage install directory first.

What version does it say is installed? (Check the UI Mod and the General sections of the plugin manager.)

If it still doesn't work send me a copy of the logfile from the server.

Tom

Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You need to copy the xml file to the Sage install directory and then upgrade. If you uninstalled and reinstalled and then copied over the xml you reinstalled the old version. You must copy over the xml to the Sage install directory first.

What version does it say is installed? (Check the UI Mod and the General sections of the plugin manager.)

If it still doesn't work send me a copy of the logfile from the server.

Tom
Fixed it! I got the Admin user back

I did lose the data for the two users that disappeared, but I was able to add them back in. And at this point it really isn't that much work for me to get everything back to where it was.

Also, all of the photos now appear for each user.

Thank you again Tom.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

I Just found another bug. If you change a user password or the "Show new imported video" setting, the user inherits all of the defined Favorites. Teh fix will be in the next release.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Fixed it! I got the Admin user back :goodjob
Glad that it's now working.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Enhancements

As the next enhancement I'm thinking about adding the ability to Delete, Set/Clear Watched, Set/Clear Don't Like, and Set/Clear Archived for one or more users in the options dialog that appears for a single MediaFile or a group of MediaFiles. What are your opinions on the usefulness of this? I won't go through the trouble if most people feel it's not needed.

The hardest part will be trying to make it fit neatly into the UI.

Opinions?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:

New .xml attached.
I installed the above and noticed some interesting behaviour with respect to manual recordings. I added a show as follows:
With No user Logged On I selected a show in the program guide, then selected Record Options and then Record this show (IE - manual recording).
Then I logged on as a standard Primary user (IE - not Admin) with no secondary users logged on.
Navigated to the program guide, selected the show chosen above, then selected Record Options and then Cancel this Recording.
The manual recording was cancelled for all users! I imagine that it should only have been cancelled for the currently logged on user.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
As the next enhancement I'm thinking about adding the ability to Delete, Set/Clear Watched, Set/Clear Don't Like, and Set/Clear Archived for one or more users in the options dialog that appears for a single MediaFile or a group of MediaFiles. What are your opinions on the usefulness of this? I won't go through the trouble if most people feel it's not needed.

Opinions?
I don't think this is important to me. Not sure when I would need to use it.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfisher View Post
I installed the above and noticed some interesting behaviour with respect to manual recordings. I added a show as follows:
With No user Logged On I selected a show in the program guide, then selected Record Options and then Record this show (IE - manual recording).
Then I logged on as a standard Primary user (IE - not Admin) with no secondary users logged on.
Navigated to the program guide, selected the show chosen above, then selected Record Options and then Cancel this Recording.
The manual recording was cancelled for all users! I imagine that it should only have been cancelled for the currently logged on user.
This will be fixed in the next version. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Opinions?
I've not been following this thread till recently, LOVE the concept and will be installing once I've got a couple other things that aren't stable yet sorted. As you asked for opinions.... My understanding of the Watched indicator also means that after a show has been deleted, that show won't get re-recorded, but if it's watched indicator is cleared before deleting the show would then be re-recorded. I also assume you're not setting Sage's watched indicator, but a psudo-watched for each user so this may be moot, but how does that, call it the 'master' watched indicator play into this?

That said, Batch operations are always nice, especially when trying to straighten out a mess. I'd definitely use a 'Set Watched and delete' if it handled the situation above so a particular show never darkened my tv again... while allowing the favorite to keep spooling new episodes, etc.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I've not been following this thread till recently, LOVE the concept and will be installing once I've got a couple other things that aren't stable yet sorted. As you asked for opinions.... My understanding of the Watched indicator also means that after a show has been deleted, that show won't get re-recorded, but if it's watched indicator is cleared before deleting the show would then be re-recorded. I also assume you're not setting Sage's watched indicator, but a psudo-watched for each user so this may be moot, but how does that, call it the 'master' watched indicator play into this?

That said, Batch operations are always nice, especially when trying to straighten out a mess. I'd definitely use a 'Set Watched and delete' if it handled the situation above so a particular show never darkened my tv again... while allowing the favorite to keep spooling new episodes, etc.
You are correct that each Airing/MediaFile has pseudo indicators for things like Watched, Don't Like, Archived, watched position, etc. Most of the time when a logged on user changes something it is only changed in the pseudo indicators and not in the core. Deciding when the core indicators are changed is the hard part

The core "Watched" indicator is changed when:

- Admin or the "null user" (i.e. when no user is logged in) changes it. (But this does not change any user's pseudo indicator.)
- All users have Watched the recording.
- All users have cleared Watched.

This is not perfect since it is possible that a user clears watched (because they want to record it again) and then Admin comes along, sets it watched and deletes it. If Admin changes the status I could change it for all of the users, but that will also lead to possible inconsistencies between what the user wants to happen and what actually happens.

I'm open to suggestions on improving behavior but I think it's inevitable that there will always be inconsistencies.

Thanks for the feedback on the batch operations. For me they fall into the category of: I don't use them much, but when I need them I'm glad they are there. I guess I answered my own question about them being needed or not.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm open to suggestions on improving behavior but I think it's inevitable that there will always be inconsistencies.
It occurs to me that what you're calling the 'core' indicators should be 3 musketeers, meaning one for all and all for one. If ANY user hasn't watched something OR has cleared the watched indicator then the core indicator should be clear as well. To have ALL users needing to clear it before it reflects on the 'core' state seems counter intuitive with clearing, meaning core watched should be set when ALL have watched, but it should be cleared if ANY user has not watched or cleared it ... that someone hasn't watched it or wants to watch it next time it comes around is good intel. I'm sure I'm not thinking it through and suspect what makes sense to me will not make any sense to others.... my two cents.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Forgot to mention in the previous post that the core indicators are also changed if you have "IR Users Effect Core IR" set to "Yes" AND Intelligent Recording is enabled for the currently logged on user.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I Just found another bug. If you change a user password or the "Show new imported video" setting, the user inherits all of the defined Favorites. Teh fix will be in the next release.
Ah HAH! I knew I wasn't crazy . I setup the users to show imported videos. That makes sense why all the favorites came back.