SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I didn't. Please explain what you are seeing and what I should do to reproduce the problem.
I'm not sure what happened, but each user was setup with their own favorites. Now, all users have all favorites and I have to manually go in and remove the favorites per user again. I'm surprised no one else is seeing this. Any ideas what could cause a user to re-gain all favorites again?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Has any one else seen the same behavior?
I've been un-installing then installing new versions from scratch rather than upgrading so I haven't seen this.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfisher View Post
I've been un-installing then installing new versions from scratch rather than upgrading so I haven't seen this.
Un-install does not alter the database so it should not matter. The only way to competely uninstall is to go to Database Maintenance and choose the option to completely delete the database, then un-install the plugin. Or you could delete the wiz.bin, but I wouldn't recomment that

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I think I have found a (small) bug. I currently have 2 shows recording, one is a favorite for everyone and the other is only a favorite for my wife. I do not see it in the recording schedule, although I do see future ones with the multi-user icon. If I log in as my wife I see both programs.

Like I said, just a small bug. Really lovin' this more every day!

Wayne
I'll investigate but please explain what you mean by "I do not see it in the recording schedule". Is the show currently recording not appearing in the recording schedule?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll investigate but please explain what you mean by "I do not see it in the recording schedule". Is the show currently recording not appearing in the recording schedule?
That is correct. In the list of shows currently recording and upcoming it is missing. But the odd thing is that the same program does show up later in the recording schedule.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Un-install does not alter the database so it should not matter. The only way to competely uninstall is to go to Database Maintenance and choose the option to completely delete the database, then un-install the plugin. Or you could delete the wiz.bin, but I wouldn't recomment that
Should have mentioned that I've been deleting the database as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is correct. In the list of shows currently recording and upcoming it is missing. But the odd thing is that the same program does show up later in the recording schedule.
So it's physically recording, but not showing as currently recording in the recording schedule? Stupid question, but are you sure it's currently recording?

What menu are you looking at when you say "in the list of shows currently recording and upcoming" and what menu when you say "does show up later in the recording schedule"?

Tom

Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
So it's physically recording, but not showing as currently recording in the recording schedule? Stupid question, but are you sure it's currently recording?

What menu are you looking at when you say "in the list of shows currently recording and upcoming" and what menu when you say "does show up later in the recording schedule"?

Tom
I have seen this - the single user favorite doesn't appear on the Interleaved & By Day Recording schedule. It does appaer in the parallel recording schedule. Also, it appears in the Partial Recordings schedule but without the Multi-user icon. Program is recording.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg By Day.jpg (36.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Interleaved.jpg (44.8 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg Partial.jpg (37.2 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg Parallel.jpg (33.5 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by gdfisher; 03-17-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added screen prints
Old 03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have seen this - the single user favorite doesn't appear on the Interleaved & By Day Recording schedule. It does appaer in the parallel recording schedule. Also, it appears in the Partial Recordings schedule but without the Multi-user icon. Program is recording.
Now I see, thanks. Some questions:

- What user is logged on when you took these screenshots? Any secondary users logged on?

- Is "Alive and Cooking" a Favorite, if so for which user(s)?
- Is "Flintstones" a Favorite, if so for which user(s)?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Now I see, thanks. Some questions:

- What user is logged on when you took these screenshots? Any secondary users logged on?

- Is "Alive and Cooking" a Favorite, if so for which user(s)?
- Is "Flintstones" a Favorite, if so for which user(s)?

Thanks,

Tom
"User1" was logged on - no secondary users were logged on.

Alive and Cooking is a favorite for user 'wife' only
Flintstones is a favorite for everybody - added by user Admin.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
"User1" was logged on - no secondary users were logged on.

Alive and Cooking is a favorite for user 'wife' only
Flintstones is a favorite for everybody - added by user Admin.
OK, next question. Do the Favorites appear in the Favorites Manager as expected? (Flintstones should appear for everybody, Alive and Cooking should only appear for wife.)

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
OK, next question. Do the Favorites appear in the Favorites Manager as expected? (Flintstones should appear for everybody, Alive and Cooking should only appear for wife.)
Yes - they show up correctly.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

If I remember correctly that is exactly the same with me. I tried it both with and without a second user logged in and had the same results. This is not a big deal to me; if it is easy to fix, great. But since there are other ways to verify what is actually being recorded I am comfortable with this minor bug.

Wayne
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If I remember correctly that is exactly the same with me. I tried it both with and without a second user logged in and had the same results. This is not a big deal to me; if it is easy to fix, great. But since there are other ways to verify what is actually being recorded I am comfortable with this minor bug.

Wayne
Thanks for the vote of confidence This type of bug is a big deal to me so I'd really like to get it fixed. The description and screenshots gdfisher supplied are very good so I'm hoping to reproduce the problem on my test system this weekend.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Fix?

Gents,

I think I have the fix for the issue you've been seeing in the scheduled recordings menus. I'm not 100% certain so please check it out.

Thanks for finding the bug and providing all of the information I needed to (hopefully) fix it.

I also added a selection in the "ask delete at end of file" dialog to delete the file for more than the currently logged on user (and any secondary user). You must have Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> "Ask to delete recording at end of playback?" set for this dialog to pop-up.

Put the attached .xml into your Sage install directory and let me know how it goes.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (2.9 KB, 138 views)

Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Gents,

I think I have the fix for the issue you've been seeing in the scheduled recordings menus. I'm not 100% certain so please check it out.

Thanks for finding the bug and providing all of the information I needed to (hopefully) fix it.

I also added a selection in the "ask delete at end of file" dialog to delete the file for more than the currently logged on user (and any secondary user). You must have Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> "Ask to delete recording at end of playback?" set for this dialog to pop-up.

Put the attached .xml into your Sage install directory and let me know how it goes.

Tom

Tom,
that has fixed the displays in the recording schedules. Query - how do you want to show the status in the Current Recordings and Partials screens. "Quincy, M.E." is a favorite (User Wife only) and is currently recording. Screens are being viewed logged on as "User1." Should the MultiUser Icon be displayed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Current v0.10.jpg (41.4 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg Partial v0.10.jpg (32.3 KB, 184 views)
Old 03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,
that has fixed the displays in the recording schedules. Query - how do you want to show the status in the Current Recordings and Partials screens. "Quincy, M.E." is a favorite (User Wife only) and is currently recording. Screens are being viewed logged on as "User1." Should the MultiUser Icon be displayed?
Yes, the MultiUser icon should be displayed. I forgot to update those screens because I never use them . I'll get it in the next update.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I have found another bug. I added some new photos to my photo collection and even after having Sage Refresh Imported Media they didn't show up. When I disable the plugin they show up. If I re-enable the plugin they disappear again. It doesn't make any difference if I am logged in or not. I tested it by adding just one more photo in a different subdirectory and I got the same result.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2011, 04:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I have found another bug. I added some new photos to my photo collection and even after having Sage Refresh Imported Media they didn't show up. When I disable the plugin they show up. If I re-enable the plugin they disappear again. It doesn't make any difference if I am logged in or not. I tested it by adding just one more photo in a different subdirectory and I got the same result.

Wayne
I'm seeing some odd things as well. If you have problems I'd suggest going back to the last version before I added the secondary user support. (In the plugin repository.) You will need to uninstall the plugin (UI Mod AND General), delete the .xml you copied to the Sage install directory, then reinstall the plugin.

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-19-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Wayne
Something obvious for you to check. Log in as Admin and then go to "Change User Settings". Make sure that "Show Newly Imported Videos" is set to Yes. This actually controls ALL imported MediaFiles (Video, Photos, Music).

If it's set to Yes and you still are not seeing photos that are imported send me the logfile from the Sage server.

Tom