SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Thinking out loud - How about the idea of a "primary user" and one or more "secondary users". Most of the STV behavior would be driven by the primary user's state, but certain functions would be applied to secondary users. I could start by simply making the Watched status the sole function applied to all users and then add from there.
I think this could work pretty well, but just logging as Admin I think meets the same requirements for most users. I like the idea of having multiple users logged in at once so you don't have to delete the recordings in multiple places if the whole family watches a show together, but you might not have the whole family watching the show, but only a few members of the family.

I would recommend making a poll if logging in as Admin for multiple people watching a show would be sufficient. This is a great plug in and I don't want you to get burned out working on some crazy logic that might not be that important in the grand view of things.

Keep up the great work!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I think this could work pretty well, but just logging as Admin I think meets the same requirements for most users. I like the idea of having multiple users logged in at once so you don't have to delete the recordings in multiple places if the whole family watches a show together, but you might not have the whole family watching the show, but only a few members of the family.

I would recommend making a poll if logging in as Admin for multiple people watching a show would be sufficient. This is a great plug in and I don't want you to get burned out working on some crazy logic that might not be that important in the grand view of things.

Keep up the great work!!!
Unfortunately for me logging in as the Admin does not work; we seldom have all four users watching at the same time.

Wayne
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm seeing a bug. It appears that imported movies aren't storing where we left off. We have to keep fast forwarding to the last place we left off. The video always restarts at the beginning. Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm seeing a bug. It appears that imported movies aren't storing where we left off. We have to keep fast forwarding to the last place we left off. The video always restarts at the beginning. Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Thanks
It is starting where I stopped it for me. It is also remembering different locations for each user.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfisher View Post
It is starting where I stopped it for me. It is also remembering different locations for each user.
Are you testing a DVD folder structure?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you testing a DVD folder structure?

Thanks
I don't think I've tested that so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work quite right. I'll have a look tonight.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

What about this idea?

When a user presses stop or reaches the end of a recording display an option dialog (Sage already does this in some cases). Add an option to "Mark Watched for multiple users". This would bring up a checkbox screen with the list of possible users. The first choice could be "Everyone".
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
What about this idea?

When a user presses stop or reaches the end of a recording display an option dialog (Sage already does this in some cases). Add an option to "Mark Watched for multiple users". This would bring up a checkbox screen with the list of possible users. The first choice could be "Everyone".
That would be a close second for me. And I would add to that an option to "delete for multiple users" so that each user doesn't have to go back and individually delete.

Wayne
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
That would be a close second for me. And I would add to that an option to "delete for multiple users" so that each user doesn't have to go back and individually delete.

Wayne
+1
Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
What about this idea?

I think that would be easier to implement. I've started to look at logging in secondary users so maybe I'll do both. (If there are no secondary users logged in, optionally display this type of dialog.)

No ETA on any of this .

My first priority is bug squashing and right now I'm looking at the DVD issue mentioned by jpaddock3000.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I updated to the latest version and now all users have all favorites instead of the smaller subset of favorites. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post

Wayne
+2
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

+3
Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
+3
OK, I get the hint

Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Something to try

Here is an early version that adds the ability to log on multiple secondary users. Put the .xml into your the install directory of your Sage server and then upgrade.

You will see a new menu item that allows you to choose secondary users to log on or log off. Actions performed by the primary user will also be performed for the secondary users.

It's not fully tested which is why I'm posting the .xml here. (Don't worry, it won't trash your system!)

I also put in a partial fix for restoring the playback point in DVD's, but I'm not convinced that is working correctly, feedback appreciated on that point.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (2.8 KB, 122 views)

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I updated to the latest version and now all users have all favorites instead of the smaller subset of favorites. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Has any one else seen the same behavior?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't. Please explain what you are seeing and what I should do to reproduce the problem.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Here is an early version that adds the ability to log on multiple secondary users. Put the .xml into your the install directory of your Sage server and then upgrade.
Done!

Quote:
You will see a new menu item that allows you to choose secondary users to log on or log off. Actions performed by the primary user will also be performed for the secondary users.
I have the new menu item! Looks great so far

Quote:
It's not fully tested which is why I'm posting the .xml here. (Don't worry, it won't trash your system!)
I am glad to be a part of the testing process.

Quote:
I also put in a partial fix for restoring the playback point in DVD's, but I'm not convinced that is working correctly, feedback appreciated on that point.
I seldom use this, but if I get a chance I will try testing it, too.

Wayne
Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have looked for it and not seen it. When a user removes a favorite, it no longer shows up for them.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I have found a (small) bug. I currently have 2 shows recording, one is a favorite for everyone and the other is only a favorite for my wife. I do not see it in the recording schedule, although I do see future ones with the multi-user icon. If I log in as my wife I see both programs.

Like I said, just a small bug. Really lovin' this more every day!

Wayne