SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI. I'm working on the following for this plugin:

- Add ability to specify what user profile to use if no user is logged on. (This is actually done but I haven't released it yet.)

- Try to fix the DVD playback problem (DVD's do not resume playing at the right point for different users.)

- Maybe add ability to limit how much time each user has to watch over a given period of time (daily, weekly, monthly. This was suggested in another thread and I like the idea.

- I'll start thinking about ChePazzo's idea of somehow customizing the menus based on user.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.14

Version 0.14 posted. Changes:

- Added ability to specify the user profile to use if no user is logged on.
- Added ability to set viewing time limits for users.

Still on the "to do" list:
- Get DVD playback to resume at the right place.
- Limit menu items for some users.
- Limit channels available to some users.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tom,
With the new upgrade, I'm noticing a sorting issue when browsing movies by folder list. My sorting method is A-Z, but they are all out of order. I tried changing it to a different sorting method and then back to A-Z, but no luck. Browsing all DVD's shows in alphabetical order. Please advise. I have attached my log file. I did the browsing around 9:11am.

Thanks
Jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (701.1 KB, 130 views)
Old 05-30-2011, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Tom,
With the new upgrade, I'm noticing a sorting issue when browsing movies by folder list. My sorting method is A-Z, but they are all out of order. I tried changing it to a different sorting method and then back to A-Z, but no luck. Browsing all DVD's shows in alphabetical order. Please advise. I have attached my log file. I did the browsing around 9:11am.

Thanks
Jason
Jason,

I can see where you were doing the browsing. I'll have to check it out to see what's going wrong. I didn't change anything in that section of the code so I'm not sure what the problem is

Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's not an issue that I have, just that I forsee. If one of them sits on the remote or a younger child picks it up and hits just the right sequence, etc.

I assume we are talking about imported as well as recorded stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Your timing is good, I just started working on this plugin again.

The only way the kids can delete from all users is if all of the users are logged in as secondary users. If there are no secondary users logged in then the show will only be deleted from the view of the logged in user.

How are they using the system and why are you afraid they will delete everything, I guess I just don't understand the issue you are having.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I didn't think so (I can't imagine anyone other than me using that), but figured I'd ask.

I don't use kerb for the security, but for the SSO features (specifically common password across PCs).

Quote:
Zero. This plugin is far from secure so I don't see the value in having world class password security. The whole password system can be avoided simply by uninstalling the plugin.

On the bright side, if your kids are smart enough to look at the java code, figure out where the passwords are stored, and then write a program to read the passwords, they have a great future in programming.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
FYI. I'm working on the following for this plugin:

- I'll start thinking about ChePazzo's idea of somehow customizing the menus based on user.
There's a plugin out there called "Custom Main Menu" or something like that that (I think) lets you turn menu items on or off. Not sure if it would be compatible on a per-user basis, but maybe.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
There's a plugin out there called "Custom Main Menu" or something like that that (I think) lets you turn menu items on or off. Not sure if it would be compatible on a per-user basis, but maybe.
No, that's a different animal altogether and deserves it's own plugin. I was thinking of something a lot simpler like enabling/disabling menus and options on a user by user basis. This will be low on the priority list because it's a lot of tedious work. I did something similar with the Restrict Access plugin and that was no fun at all.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,

Thanks
Jason
Jason,

I think I know what's happening, but I do not know why. In the STV it calls a method to get all of the videos grouped by folder and then after that they get sorted. For some reason the sorting code in the STV is not getting executed.

Can you please tell me the following:

- What STV version are you using? To find out go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Check for STV update". Just under that it will tell you the current version.

- Does the error persist of you remove all other "UI Mod" plugins? (The other types do not matter for now.)

- When you updated the MultiUser plugin did you make any other changes? (Add more plugins, remove some plugins, update Sage, etc.)

Thanks,

Tom

Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Jason,

I think I know what's happening, but I do not know why. In the STV it calls a method to get all of the videos grouped by folder and then after that they get sorted. For some reason the sorting code in the STV is not getting executed.

Can you please tell me the following:

- What STV version are you using? To find out go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Check for STV update". Just under that it will tell you the current version.

- Does the error persist of you remove all other "UI Mod" plugins? (The other types do not matter for now.)

- When you updated the MultiUser plugin did you make any other changes? (Add more plugins, remove some plugins, update Sage, etc.)

Thanks,

Tom
  1. 2011042501
  2. Yes, all UI mods disabled and I still see the issue. (sageclient_0.txt attached)
  3. Did nothing after the update.

I'm not sure I mentioned that the sorting issue is broken even with no user logged in. That seems very odd to me.

I'm also noticing another issue, or it might just be user error. I would like to setup a specific extender to automatically login a specific user regardless of who was logged in previously. So under Admin, I set login last user to no and default user if no user is logged in to the user that I want. I turn off the extender and turn it back on to see no user logged in. Shouldn't the "default" user now be logged in? Same issue happens on the server client. Attached (sageclient_1.txt) is the log from the server client.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (312.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (653.8 KB, 128 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
  1. 2011042501
  2. Yes, all UI mods disabled and I still see the issue. (sageclient_0.txt attached)
  3. Did nothing after the update.

I'm not sure I mentioned that the sorting issue is broken even with no user logged in. That seems very odd to me.

I'm also noticing another issue, or it might just be user error. I would like to setup a specific extender to automatically login a specific user regardless of who was logged in previously. So under Admin, I set login last user to no and default user if no user is logged in to the user that I want. I turn off the extender and turn it back on to see no user logged in. Shouldn't the "default" user now be logged in? Same issue happens on the server client. Attached (sageclient_1.txt) is the log from the server client.
One more silly question. Does the sorting work without the MultiUser plugin installed?

As for the second question, I see what you are trying to do but I'll need to look at the code (tonight) to see if it works that way.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
One more silly question. Does the sorting work without the MultiUser plugin installed?
If I disable the plugin, sorting works as expected.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If I disable the plugin, sorting works as expected.

Thanks
Thanks. I haven't tested it against the 20110425 fileset, only 20110405. Maybe something changed that broke things.

Also forgot to mention, you are using a rather old JVM (1.6.0). You may want to consider upgrading because that was the initial release of version 6 and there were a number of bugfixes. I think the latest update is 25.

Tom

Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't tested it against the 20110425 fileset, only 20110405. Maybe something changed that broke things.

Also forgot to mention, you are using a rather old JVM (1.6.0). You may want to consider upgrading because that was the initial release of version 6 and there were a number of bugfixes. I think the latest update is 25.

Tom
I should have 1.6.0_24, but I just updated it to 1.6.0_25. Are you not seeing that Sage is using that version? Is there a way to change Sage to use the most recent version of SageTV?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I should have 1.6.0_24, but I just updated it to 1.6.0_25. Are you not seeing that Sage is using that version? Is there a way to change Sage to use the most recent version of SageTV?
Just make sure you only have one version of Java installed. Also make sure when you update Java you stop Sage.

I saw this line in the logfile:

Code:
Tue 5/31 21:05:01.508 [main@27391d] JVM version=1.6.0
Given there was no _xx after the 1.6.0 I assumed it was the original 1.6, this might be a bad assumption

Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just make sure you only have one version of Java installed. Also make sure when you update Java you stop Sage.

I saw this line in the logfile:

Code:
Tue 5/31 21:05:01.508 [main@27391d] JVM version=1.6.0
Given there was no _xx after the 1.6.0 I assumed it was the original 1.6, this might be a bad assumption
Hmm, I don't think I ever shut down Sage when I update Java. I just assumed that Sage would start using the new version of Java once Sage restarted (which I have happen nightly). I can stop Sage and install Java again and see if the log file shows differently.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm, I don't think I ever shut down Sage when I update Java. I just assumed that Sage would start using the new version of Java once Sage restarted (which I have happen nightly). I can stop Sage and install Java again and see if the log file shows differently.
I just checked on my system and this is what I see:

Code:
Wed 6/1 18:40:29.002 [main@171bbc9] JVM version=1.6.0_24

Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think this is the problem, but I'm still investigating.

Try going to Configuration and then select "MultiUserfy". Let that run and see if it helps.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
So I just followed the instructions provided here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...802#post346802 and the log file still shows 1.6.0. I even made sure to delete the Java folder under Program Files and made sure the registry had no JavaSoft entry under HKLM\Software. Sage has to be using 1.6.0_25 though as I don't have any other version on my system. Do you think this is something I should be worried about and contact Sage for support?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think this is the problem, but I'm still investigating.

Try going to Configuration and then select "MultiUserfy". Let that run and see if it helps.
It made 30 changes but no luck. Same result.