SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
What I think of as the real answer is that the "no user" user has a profile that could be manipulated.
I think it would be possible for me to do this. I could make it so that if no user was logged on it would actually use the profile of an existing user (and you could pick which one.)

So you could create a user called "Default" and set the profile however you like. You could then select "Default" as the user profile to use if no user was logged on.

How's that sound?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage Expert

That sounds perfect and super powerful/useful.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I think it would be possible for me to do this. I could make it so that if no user was logged on it would actually use the profile of an existing user (and you could pick which one.)

So you could create a user called "Default" and set the profile however you like. You could then select "Default" as the user profile to use if no user was logged on.

How's that sound?
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage Expert

Hey tmiranda

So, I just added HBO to my cable package so I can watch game of thrones and that of course ups my desire for this feature of this plugin greatly.

Any chance it's coming down the pike soon?

Also, a couple of questions.

So, I have my Sage setup to by default show recorded movies mixed in with recorded shows, if I had your plugin could I configure a profile (that default profile) to not show said movies?

Also, can a profile be limited to only showing certain channels in the guide?

Thanks

Quote:

How's that sound?
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey tmiranda

So, I just added HBO to my cable package so I can watch game of thrones and that of course ups my desire for this feature of this plugin greatly.

Any chance it's coming down the pike soon?

Also, a couple of questions.

So, I have my Sage setup to by default show recorded movies mixed in with recorded shows, if I had your plugin could I configure a profile (that default profile) to not show said movies?

Also, can a profile be limited to only showing certain channels in the guide?

Thanks
I took a break from this Plugin to do some work on others. I'll get back to it soon.

There is no way to set profiles that limit what you see by type or channel, only by user. Maybe I'll add this as an option in the future but that's not something that would happen in the near future.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Expert

Great.

Thanks

Also, I'm not sure from your answer to the channels in the guide question if I asked my question poorly or if the answer is in fact no.

What I'm asking is that is it possible using your plugin to, inside a user profile, control/limit what channels that user sees/has access to in their guide view and similarly, suppress recorded movies (either all together or based on rating) inside their Recordings view?

Thanks

Quote:
I took a break from this Plugin to do some work on others. I'll get back to it soon.

There is no way to set profiles that limit what you see by type or channel, only by user. Maybe I'll add this as an option in the future but that's not something that would happen in the near future.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I'm asking is that is it possible using your plugin to, inside a user profile, control/limit what channels that user sees/has access to in their guide view and similarly, suppress recorded movies (either all together or based on rating) inside their Recordings view?
Not possible, but:

- I like the idea of having the channels part of the user profile. I'll look into how hard that will be to implement.

- I like the idea of limiting content based on rating. I'll look into that one too. (I don't really like the idea of limiting content based on if it's a movie or not.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any progress on getting DVD resume playback working?

Thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Any progress on getting DVD resume playback working?
Some progress, but it's still not working.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

started working with this plugin and all was well for a couple weeks. Today when doing a search for a show title, I see the list of results, select the first, and get a quick flash of the next screen before it starts flashing "MultiUserfication processing complete. Null changes made. OK" flashes over and over,... and over... no idea what that's all about, but thought I'd report it.... Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
started working with this plugin and all was well for a couple weeks. Today when doing a search for a show title, I see the list of results, select the first, and get a quick flash of the next screen before it starts flashing "MultiUserfication processing complete. Null changes made. OK" flashes over and over,... and over... no idea what that's all about, but thought I'd report it.... Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.
What other plugins do you have installed?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What other plugins do you have installed?
bmt, diamond theme, sjq, comskip playback, and sage web interface... there are a few others like logos, etc.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
bmt, diamond theme, sjq, comskip playback, and sage web interface... there are a few others like logos, etc.
I highly suspect it's a collision with one of the other plugins that's causing the error. Can you do one of two things to help me isolate the problem?

1. Eliminate all of the plugins and add them in one by one until you find the culprit.

2. If you're on a SageClient, bring up Studio and then choose "Save a copy as ...". It will give you a warning about plugins being loaded..... that's OK, choose OK and save it as something.xml. Zip the xml and attach to a post.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

just went to verify (did this 4 times before reporting it with same result) so I thought it was repeatable, but now it's not doing the described behavior... haven't changed a thing.... will do if it happens again and seems repeatable.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
just went to verify (did this 4 times before reporting it with same result) so I thought it was repeatable, but now it's not doing the described behavior... haven't changed a thing.... will do if it happens again and seems repeatable.
So Murphy likes to visit your house too?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think that would be easier to implement. I've started to look at logging in secondary users so maybe I'll do both. (If there are no secondary users logged in, optionally display this type of dialog.)

No ETA on any of this .

My first priority is bug squashing and right now I'm looking at the DVD issue mentioned by jpaddock3000.
wow ... lots of posts on this (still on like page 7, so I hope I don't come across an earlier comment on this.

My only concern with this is that my kids will accidentally delete from all users.
Are there native parental controls options that might prevent this without a lockcode?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

kerberos?

what are the chances of having the ability for the users for this plugin to authenticate against a krb5 server?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

thanks for this plugin! I am expecting this to really make navigating easier.

There is only one thing missing ... custom main menu.

Right now, my kids have to select "videos->folders->kids" to see imported videos, and if I was watching something, then they have to navigate backwards because it dumps them into the last folder viewed.

It would be wonderful if I could customize their view so that they only saw menu items like:
TV (same as current)
Kid TV (jumps to video folder Kids/TV)
Kid Movies (jumps to video folder Kids/Movies)
Log Out

or something to that effect.

anyway, just a thought.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
wow ... lots of posts on this (still on like page 7, so I hope I don't come across an earlier comment on this.

My only concern with this is that my kids will accidentally delete from all users.
Are there native parental controls options that might prevent this without a lockcode?
Your timing is good, I just started working on this plugin again.

The only way the kids can delete from all users is if all of the users are logged in as secondary users. If there are no secondary users logged in then the show will only be deleted from the view of the logged in user.

How are they using the system and why are you afraid they will delete everything, I guess I just don't understand the issue you are having.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
what are the chances of having the ability for the users for this plugin to authenticate against a krb5 server?
Zero. This plugin is far from secure so I don't see the value in having world class password security. The whole password system can be avoided simply by uninstalling the plugin.

On the bright side, if your kids are smart enough to look at the java code, figure out where the passwords are stored, and then write a program to read the passwords, they have a great future in programming.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
thanks for this plugin! I am expecting this to really make navigating easier.

There is only one thing missing ... custom main menu.

Right now, my kids have to select "videos->folders->kids" to see imported videos, and if I was watching something, then they have to navigate backwards because it dumps them into the last folder viewed.

It would be wonderful if I could customize their view so that they only saw menu items like:
TV (same as current)
Kid TV (jumps to video folder Kids/TV)
Kid Movies (jumps to video folder Kids/Movies)
Log Out

or something to that effect.

anyway, just a thought.
A full blown "Custom Main Menu" is beyond the scope of this plugin but I like the idea of somehow limiting menu items for some users. Let me think about this. Thanks for the suggestion.