SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just an update I posted in another thread that could be useful.

So I'm figuring this out slowly but surely and yes sage will not do the automatic replacement if the file ends with .m4v but this seems to only be the case if the m4v is stored in the recording directory location. If you put it in the import location it will assign it mostly all the metadata as what was posted before you will lose some things as which tuner was used,etc. But nothing too important. If use use a .mp4 file you CAN store it in the recording directory and you won't lose any of the metadata. I wonder why sage won't let you use m4v in the recording directory....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
I'm experiencing an issue when you set the NEW converted file using an extension of .m4v . This built in sage process of handling the renames seems to work fine for .mp4 (and I assume mkv) but it doesn't want to recoginize an m4v as a valid replacement. Sage will ignore the file and just think the original recording is gone. Anybody else seen this? My guess is a lot people might be just using mp4, but the issue with that is iDevices will not play multi track audio mp4 only m4v.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
This may be a dumb question, but I'd like to set the process that I launch from SJQ4 to have a "Below Normal" or "Idle" priority (under Windows). I'm using groovy and I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Can anyone help me out?
Untested example, basically you need to set the priority of the thread before launching the external process (since they inherit the priority of the thread that starts them).

Code:
def thread = Thread.currentThread()
def pri = thread.getPriority()
thread.setPriority(Thread.MIN_PRIORITY) // You may not want to set it this low?
def stdout = new StringBuilder()
def stderr = new StringBuilder()
def cmd "MyCmd.exe"
def p = cmd.execute()
thread.setPriority(pri) // Reset the priority to where it was
p.comsumeProcessOutput(stdout, stderr)
if(p.waitFor() == 0)
   println 'Command succeeded!'
else
   println 'Command failed!'
This is really completely untested code, so you'll want to be careful, but it's a good starting point.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I'd like to set the process that I launch from SJQ4 to have a "Below Normal" or "Idle" priority (under Windows)
What I do (under Win7 x64) is launch my process from cmd.exe, which supports some arguments for adjusting priority. For example, this is my Groovy command line definition for launching Handbrake:

Code:
def cmdLine = ["C:/Windows/system32/cmd.exe", "/C start \"handbrake\" /b /belownormal /wait \"C:/Program Files (x86)/Handbrake/HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"" + filename + "\" -t 1 -c 1 -o \"" + fileprefix + ".mkv" + "\" -f mkv " + vid + " --detelecine -e x264 -q 20 -a " + audCount + " -E " + aud + " -6 auto -R Auto -D 0.0 -x b-adapt=2:me=umh:subq=9:analyse=all:trellis=0 -v 2 2>> \"" + fileprefix + ".handbrakelog" + "\" > \"" + fileprefix + ".handbrakeprogresslog\""];
Disregarding all the variables which are set earlier in the script and the Handbrake argument soup, the important part is the "/belownormal" argument to cmd.exe, which gives the process a priority between normal and low (since at low it fights with my grid computing stuff). Launching your desired process from cmd.exe has the additional side benefit (at least I consider it a benefit) that output redirection to files works this way, whereas if you just launch Handbrake directly Java tries to grab the output, which can make things trickier (especially if the process outputs a lot of data to stdout/stderr).

Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Interesting you mention this, as I was about to go this route because Slugger's (very helpful!!) post of setting the priority via groovy isn't working. It's stuck on Normal, maybe because of the wrapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhenry View Post
What I do (under Win7 x64) is launch my process from cmd.exe, which supports some arguments for adjusting priority. For example, this is my Groovy command line definition for launching Handbrake:
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL

Last edited by phelme; 10-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone (more talented/knowledgeable than I) want to take a crack at a request? I'd muddle thru it but currently so swamped at work, it isn't funny.

Been taking heat from WAF regarding missed recordings due to EPG No Data issues.

Anyone want to write a script that will check Favorites (maybe just those with specified days and or times) and check if the Guide says No Data (probably for 12-13 days out?).

If that is the case, send a System Message (warning/critical maybe?) or e-mail?

Anyone have time and brave enough to tackle this?

Otherwise, if Sage keeps having these EPG issues, I might need to switch to Sluggers EPG plugin earlier than expected.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Anyone (more talented/knowledgeable than I) want to take a crack at a request? I'd muddle thru it but currently so swamped at work, it isn't funny.

Been taking heat from WAF regarding missed recordings due to EPG No Data issues.

Anyone want to write a script that will check Favorites (maybe just those with specified days and or times) and check if the Guide says No Data (probably for 12-13 days out?).

If that is the case, send a System Message (warning/critical maybe?) or e-mail?

Anyone have time and brave enough to tackle this?

Otherwise, if Sage keeps having these EPG issues, I might need to switch to Sluggers EPG plugin earlier than expected.
Here's my quick attempt...

Code:
def CHECK_FAVS = true
def CHECK_CHANS = true
def POST_SYS_MSG = false // If false, just dump the output to stdout

def now = System.currentTimeMillis()
def output = new StringBuilder()

if(CHECK_FAVS)
    FavoriteAPI.GetFavorites().each {
        if(Database.FilterByRange(FavoriteAPI.GetFavoriteAirings(it), 'GetAiringStartTime', now, Long.MAX_VALUE, true).size() == 0) {
            if(!output.length())
                output.append('The following favourites have no upcoming airings:\n\n')
            output.append("${FavoriteAPI.GetFavoriteDescription(it)}\n")
        }
    }

if(CHECK_CHANS) {
    def preambleWritten = false
    def chans = new HashSet<String>()
    Database.SearchSelectedExactFields('No Data', true, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, 'T').each {
        def start = AiringAPI.GetAiringStartTime(it)
        if(start > now && start <= now + 86400000L) {
            def name = AiringAPI.GetAiringChannelName(it)
            if(chans.add(name)) {
                if(!preambleWritten) {
                    output.append('\nThe following channels are missing data:\n')
                    preambleWritten = true
                }
                output.append("$name\n")
            }
        }
    }
}

if(output.length() && !POST_SYS_MSG)
    println output
else if(output.length())
    SystemMessageAPI.PostSystemMessage(1204, 2, output.toString(), null)
Some notes about this script...

It checks for favs with no future airings, however, at least in my env, I always have a lot of favs with no future airings (i.e. Breaking Bad First Runs won't have any future airings until next year now). So I think this might cause an unnecessary panic depending on who's reading the results.

Channel checks... I think this is pretty solid. It alerts you of any channels with "No Data" in them for the next 24 hours. If the EPG is working correctly, this should be zero channels always.

Flip the sys msg flag if you want it to post a system message with the results, otherwise is just dumps the output to stdout. To email the results, I'd post a system message and let SageAlert send the email. Alternatively, the script could be modded to send email - that's an exercise for the reader.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Excellent. Thanks as always Slugger.

Couldn't imagine how much less the Sage experience would be without your (and the other devl folks) plugins.

You all really add value to it.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

I'm guessing someone here will now the answer. So I have a groovy script that compresses a show and then moves the media info to the new file. All the meta data appears to be linked and applied with SetMediafileShow(), except the encoder info. There seems to be no "Set" equivalent to GetMediaFileEncoding() and I can't find an encoder property on the meta data for use in SetMediaFileMetadata().

Any ideas?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Old 10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm guessing someone here will now the answer. So I have a groovy script that compresses a show and then moves the media info to the new file. All the meta data appears to be linked and applied with SetMediafileShow(), except the encoder info. There seems to be no "Set" equivalent to GetMediaFileEncoding() and I can't find an encoder property on the meta data for use in SetMediaFileMetadata().

Any ideas?
There's no API call to edit that info and so the only thing that can is the core and it chooses to drop that info when you relink the metadata. There's nothing you can do to change that value (that I'm aware of).
Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Sage User

So I purchased the SJQ plugin because I know I will have other uses for it down the road, but I cannot seem to get what I want working. Any help is appreciated...

What I need to do is transcode a file to a new location so that a Boxee Box can watch it. I tried using Wayner's script for transcoding and moving files but it just keeps failing. At first it was my file name (didn't remember to turn on show extensions in Win7). But now it just failes. I PM'd Wayner in hopes of finding his implementation.

If anyone has a script to do the following and can give me some guidance:
1. trigger on favorites record end (know how to do this at least from reading the manual and seeing it myself)
2. transcode the favorite to a new location
3. create a new folder structure for the favorite using Show/Season/Episode type structure

Wayner's script seems to do all of this but it keeps failing on my system. I added the path to the EXE as script://server/path/script.txt and passed 'mpg' as the EXE arg. The only thing I can see that might be an issue is the comskiplive test. I pasted his script below.

BTW, it would be helpful if the information about adding a groovy script as an EXE using 'script:' was more prominently displayed in the help file. I did find it in the scripting help but it did seem like an afterthought. Anyhow, awesome stuff as far as I can tell - being a hack of a programmer myself.

// Start Wayner's script...

boolean checkRecordingType = true; // Check the recording is of the type specified on the command line (i.e. only process mpg recordings)

Object mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(Integer.parseInt(SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_ID")));
File path = new File(SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_PATH"));
String fileName = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT");
String EpisodeName2 = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_EPISODE");
String NewPath = "\\\\server\\Boxee\\TV Shows\\";
String Format = "MPEG4-Good Quality AVI";
String avitype = "avi";
String avifile
String OutputFile;
String id = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_ID");
String EpisodeName=ShowAPI.GetShowEpisode(mf);
String ShowTitle=ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(mf);

Object mediaFile = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(id.toInteger());

if(SJQ4_ARGS.length > 0)
fileType = SJQ4_ARGS[0];
else
fileType = null;

if(mf == null || path == null || path.getAbsolutePath().length() == 0 || fileName == null || fileName.length() == 0) {
println("ERROR: Invalid environment data passed to scritpt!");
return 1;
}

if(checkRecordingType && fileType != null && fileType.length() > 0 && !fileName.endsWith("." + fileType)) {
println("Recording is not of specified type '" + fileType + "', skipping comskip!");
return 2;
}

if(!comskipLive && MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mf)) {
println("Recording in progress, waiting...");
return 1;
}

if (EpisodeName !=null)
avifile = EpisodeName + "." + avitype;
else
avifile = fileName + "." + avitype;

avifile = (avifile =~ /[?*\\\\/:<>|]/).replaceAll("")

OutputFile = NewPath + ShowTitle +"\\" + avifile;

println("Media file is:"+mediaFile);
println("Episode2="+EpisodeName2);
println("avifile="+avifile);
println("Outputfile="+OutputFile);
println("Format="+Format);
TranscodeAPI.AddTranscodeJob ( mediaFile , Format, new File(OutputFile) , false );

return 0;
Old 10-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
There's no API call to edit that info and so the only thing that can is the core and it chooses to drop that info when you relink the metadata. There's nothing you can do to change that value (that I'm aware of).
That's what I was afraid of. Strange omission. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

New script: Late Night Talk Summary

Here's a script that sends an email every morning with that night's late night summaries. I tend to only record Letterman, Leno, Fallon, Kimmel, etc. if they have guests of interest. I used to have them all as favs and then would mark episodes as watched before they were recorded if the guests were of no interest. This was fine expect if I forgot to check, etc. then I'd have a bunch of recordings I'd then have to remember to delete.

Instead, now I get a daily email with the summary of guests for that evening. If any interest me, I just click the link in the email to schedule the recording. If not, delete the email and nothing is recorded.

The script could be enhanced to only alert if certain names are found as guests, etc. That's an exercise for the reader.

http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/..._alerts.groovy

This script assumes it is running in the SJQv4 environment and will not work without modification otherwise. I run it daily from the SJQv4 crontab.

Happy scripting!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

just installed this last night and looking forward to the possibilities. two questions though:

1. is it possible to fire a groovy script when sagetranscode completes? right now, i've got an sjq cronjob set to every hour scanning for uncompressed mpg/ts files. but because of the below problem, i'd like to mark failed transcode jobs somehow and ignore them for the next queue up.

2. unrelated to SJQ, where does sagetvtranscode writes its log output? i have several files that consistently fail transcoding and am trying to figure out why. i've turned on debug logging in sagetv but havent been able to restart the service yet to see if that has anything useful.

sorry if these were already asked/answered, but searching on events didn't yield any useful posts that i could see.

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
Tuners: OpenDCT 0.5.2 Ceton InfiniTV4
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
10 Clients: HD-300, HD-200, SageWin10, Plex, AndroidMiniClient
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnh View Post
just installed this last night and looking forward to the possibilities. two questions though:

1. is it possible to fire a groovy script when sagetranscode completes? right now, i've got an sjq cronjob set to every hour scanning for uncompressed mpg/ts files. but because of the below problem, i'd like to mark failed transcode jobs somehow and ignore them for the next queue up.
You'll have to check the sagetv logs to see if an event is fired by the core when a transcode task completes. I don't think there is an event fired, but if there is, my guess would be a MediaFileImported event and the SJQ core already allows you to attach tasks to this event (from the UI, go to Setup > SJQ > Assign Task to Event and then assign tasks to the MediaFileImported event). If the Sage core doesn't fire an event after a transcode job completes then there's nothing SJQ can listen for - you'll have to continue to scan the recording directories and react as you find new transcoded files.

Quote:
2. unrelated to SJQ, where does sagetvtranscode writes its log output? i have several files that consistently fail transcoding and am trying to figure out why. i've turned on debug logging in sagetv but havent been able to restart the service yet to see if that has anything useful.
I really don't use the transcode feature of Sage so I can't say. My guess is that it would be in the sagetv_0.txt log file.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You'll have to check the sagetv logs to see if an event is fired by the core when a transcode task completes. I don't think there is an event fired, but if there is, my guess would be a MediaFileImported event and the SJQ core already allows you to attach tasks to this event (from the UI, go to Setup > SJQ > Assign Task to Event and then assign tasks to the MediaFileImported event). If the Sage core doesn't fire an event after a transcode job completes then there's nothing SJQ can listen for - you'll have to continue to scan the recording directories and react as you find new transcoded files.
ok thanks. i see that event choice in SJQ, but i suspect since it will only fire upon a successful import, it won't help me in this case. i'll keep playing though.

Quote:
I really don't use the transcode feature of Sage so I can't say. My guess is that it would be in the sagetv_0.txt log file.
funny...that's what i was looking for and i can't find it? i have a tv.sage.mod.0.log and a sagetvclient_0.txt but not sagetv_0.txt. weird. it is in my old backup version folders though.

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

i've got to hand it to you Slugger. The SageGroovyIDE is slick. Within a few minutes of getting the license installed, i wrote some groovy scripts and ran them adhoc, and had some old minor nitpicking problems cleaned up. great tool. SJQ's going to keep this sagetv hobby thing going strong.

i still have those odd TS files that won't transcode, but that's for a different thread.

many thanks.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

HELP

All of a sudden, past couple days when my Sage Recordings get moved from Server to NAS (using SJQ), the stuff is showing up as Movies instead of Sage TV Recordings.

Nothing has been changed to my knowledge.

Any thoughts? What logs should I be looking at?

my move script is attached
Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Is something else processing the files after they're moved? Perhaps BMT? If you're just relinking the Sage airing to the video after it has been moved then it shouldn't change the data. If you do a media scan after moving then my guess is something external is also processing the video (listening for the VideoImported event), which is causing the shift in category of the file.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

OK...probably BMT then. I'll post over there for assistance.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

BTW - Do you happen to have a groovy script to make an Import into a Sage Recording?