SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
sagetv-addons licensing is changing soon. Details are outlined here. For those that may be considering a license purchase, you may want to read that doc closely, especially this FAQ question and answer.
I’m having trouble getting Sage to accept my new license. After installing it, I restarted Sage and Sage Service and it still shows unlicensed. I don’t know if this matters, but I did enter my email address incorrectly at first (Dooh!), but then corrected it, but still no luck. I’ve attached the last entry of my sage license log file if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage Add on License Log.txt (514 Bytes, 148 views)
Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I’m having trouble getting Sage to accept my new license. After installing it, I restarted Sage and Sage Service and it still shows unlicensed. I don’t know if this matters, but I did enter my email address incorrectly at first (Dooh!), but then corrected it, but still no luck. I’ve attached the last entry of my sage license log file if that helps.
Project donators received their new license files over night. Those new license files are only good for the new versions of the plugins, which I haven't put into the repository yet. I wanted to make sure users got their license files before they updated their plugins.

I'm just validating that all the license files were sent out properly then I'll be uploading the new plugins to the repository. For anyone who has installed the new license file already, you can leave it installed and wait for the new plugin updates (within the next hour or two). Once you see the new plugin(s), just upgrade and restart SageTV. The new license file should then work as expected. Again, contact me if that's not the case.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Bug discovered in latest release...

If you only use one task client then you can ignore this bug as it will not affect you.

For all the testing I do, something always seems to slip by. There is a bug in the SJQ server where it may sometimes try to load the task client list into memory before the license is validated. The result is that the server will refuse to register more than one task client, citing an unlicensed version of the server. If you're hitting this bug, your logs will look like this:

Code:
2011-06-16 09:46:28,778 ERROR [DataStore]: Unlicensed versions of SJQv4 can only have one registered task client!  You cannot register more task clients!
2011-06-16 09:46:29,184 INFO  [Plugin]: sagetv-addons license successfully validated!
Notice that the DataStore reports an error before the Plugin validates the license. Sometimes the Plugin will validate the license before the DataStore tries to register additional clients and you won't get this error.

The work around is to manually register your additional task clients after SJQ starts up - the server will accept them. You may also try restarting SageTV since this is a race condition between threads, you may avoid the issue on a restart (and this is why this bug slipped through my testing).

I will have a fix in the repository by tomorrow morning.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

The bug mentioned in the previous post is fixed in build 1559, which is now in the repository.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great Plugin

Having an issue with licensing though.

I'm licensed and it shows I'm licensed but I can not add another task to a client without the message attached in SJQ4Shot.jpg.

I have whs and a client and it lets me assign one task to each but no others.

Didn't know if it pertained to the license bug or not.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageLisence.JPG (75.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg SJQ4Shot.JPG (102.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 06-19-2011, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenice View Post
Having an issue with licensing though.

I'm licensed and it shows I'm licensed but I can not add another task to a client without the message attached in SJQ4Shot.jpg.

I have whs and a client and it lets me assign one task to each but no others.

Didn't know if it pertained to the license bug or not.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Are you running 4.0.0.1559? If so, did you install the newest license file you received earlier this week? The latest build only works with the new license file. Older builds will not work with the new license file. You must upgrade to build 1559 and install the newest license file.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you running 4.0.0.1559? If so, did you install the newest license file you received earlier this week? The latest build only works with the new license file. Older builds will not work with the new license file. You must upgrade to build 1559 and install the newest license file.
I running 1555 with no upgrade option in the plugins.

Yes I recieved the new license and upgrade to the latest on the list sent.

Mike
Old 06-19-2011, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenice View Post
I running 1555 with no upgrade option in the plugins.

Yes I recieved the new license and upgrade to the latest on the list sent.

Mike
1555 contains the race condition bug with the license server. 1559 is in the plugin repository. You should be able to upgrade. There maybe unknown issues with the plugin repository due to the Google acquisition. With that said, 1559 is showing up for me, but it has been since I put it there on Thursday.

If 1559 continues to not be available to you then PM me your email address and I'll send you a SageTVPluginsDev.xml file that you can use to upgrade.

Disabling and reenabling 1555 may also allow you to register more than one task client (it's a race condition bug and so you may have to try that more than once and it may never work - 1559 has the proper fix).
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance the Ui will be updated to work with Phoenix?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any chance the Ui will be updated to work with Phoenix?
That's up to Tom, but if I were a betting man, I'd say probably not.

I think you're going to find that not many, if any, new projects are going to get off the ground anytime soon due to the Google acquisition. Furthermore, projects in early stages (or even intermediate stages) are likely to at least be put on pause until we get more details on what the future holds.

I know personally I've just scrapped all the plugins I was working on and my plans for the fall (new versions of SRE and SageAlert plus 2 other unannounced plugins) are now on hold indefinitely.

Until there's some kind of definitive road map laid out by Google, there is no desire on my part to continue on anything new with the exception of:

* I'm now working on setting up a mirror of the plugin repository

* I'm now working on a native Schedules Direct EPG plugin

My plans for Sage dev can be summed up by the two items above plus maintaining what I already have out there. And these two new items only exist as I plan to ensure that I can continue to use Sage in the event that Google decides to pull the plug, which could happen without notice. Until Google announces their intentions, which I'm not holding my breath for, everything else I was planning to work on has stopped. I suspect you'll hear a similar sentiment from many of the other 3rd party devs on this forum.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Obviously I understand. I just thought that Tom might be willing to give it the old college try.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Obviously I understand. I just thought that Tom might be willing to give it the old college try.
I'm still mentally regrouping. Maybe after a few more sessions with my shrink I'll have an answer

On a serious note, I'm not giving up on Sage but I haven't decided where to spend my time. I need to make a change to the SJQv4 UI to support the licencing changes Slugger made and I've been working on Navi-X support (which is tuning out to be a lot harder than I planned) but after that I['m not sure.

I think Phoenix will be (or already is) very popular so I'll think hard about porting some of my plugins to Phoenix. (And I know I'll get good support from the Phoenix team!) Same thing goes for Ortus, if it becomes popular I'll think hard about supporting that as well.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

@Slugger - I'm having trouble getting sagegroovy running with the new license file, I grabbed the latest version I can find, 4.0.0.1544.1.zip but am still getting 'registered email doesn't match the license file....'. Any suggestions on getting it running again?
thx.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
@Slugger - I'm having trouble getting sagegroovy running with the new license file, I grabbed the latest version I can find, 4.0.0.1544.1.zip but am still getting 'registered email doesn't match the license file....'. Any suggestions on getting it running again?
thx.
Is the salicense.jar file in your sagegroovy/lib folder the same size (but not necessarily the same date) as the one in SageTV/JARs/?

They should be, but if not then copy the one from SageTV/JARs/ to sagegroovy/lib and let me know if that fixes the problem. I thought I dropped in the latest jar in the last SageGroovy build, but there may have been a packaging error.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is the salicense.jar file in your sagegroovy/lib folder the same size (but not necessarily the same date) as the one in SageTV/JARs/?

They should be, but if not then copy the one from SageTV/JARs/ to sagegroovy/lib and let me know if that fixes the problem. I thought I dropped in the latest jar in the last SageGroovy build, but there may have been a packaging error.
I don't know if it was a packaging error or me being stupid error in replacing the old with the new.... but it's now working! The files were the same size, but I copied the /JARs/ version anyway and now it's groovy!
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm getting my .lobs.db filling up. Every second or so.. I get this
Code:
===== Mon Jun 27 11:27:51 EDT 2011 =====

LOG4J: Configured Logging for: sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

==============================

===== Mon Jun 27 11:28:21 EDT 2011 =====

LOG4J: Configured Logging for: sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

==============================
It's filling up my hard drive.. Is this the result of a bad groovy script? I only have two.. The comskip one and the file cleaner one. I got rid of 20GB last night because my drive only had 33MB left!

Jim
Old 07-07-2011, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

It's usually a sign of a misconfiguration. You're either running one or more tasks too often, or you've misconfigured it to be rerun infinitely.

Disable SJQ plugin from the plugins UI in SageTV (disable it, don't uninstall it).

Then load up the sjq database.

When you connect to the db, run this query in the box and click "Run":

Code:
SELECT * FROM QUEUE where state not in ('FAILED','COMPLETED')
How many rows are returned?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

one is returned..

Code:
ID  	JOB_ID  	CREATED  	ASSIGNED  	FINISHED  	STATE  	HOST  	PORT  	SHOW_ICON  
2721	COMSKIP	2011-07-07 10:25:00.144	2011-07-07 10:25:08.153	null	RUNNING	htpc-3	23344	FALSE
Did I need to restart sage for the disable to take effect?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Could I have had a bad task queued? I looked an I had a comskip task that had weird metadata. I removed that task from the queue and the logging stopped.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Could I have had a bad task queued? I looked an I had a comskip task that had weird metadata. I removed that task from the queue and the logging stopped.
I did this before I posted the last entry.. What happens if you run the comskip task manually? maybe I did that on accident? will it keep going forever? Was that my issue? I don't recall ever running it manually... But I might have...

Jim