SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Sage User

I'm sorry for the slow reply. My job keep me busy and the little free time I have, I've spent it trying to install my new hard drive -- incompatibility between the Maxtor HD and my motherboard (nVidia chipset)
Anyway, it work now.

Back to the topic,
Yes, the shortcut start the French version, the remote control start the English version.

To make sure it started the correct file, I tried the "dir /x". I also searched on my computer the file SageTV.exe (thinking that maybe I had 2 files somehow). Doing that, I also found 2 files under the windows\prefetch folder. (SAGETV.EXE-randomletterandnumber.pf). I don't know this functionality of Windows, but I tried to delete them (yes, I backed them up first ). But that didn't resolve the mystery...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

If there is no other sagetv.exe, I don't really know why it would start in different languages like this.

How about a computer search for other copies of sage.properties? sageclient.properties? Does they have different settings for the ui/translation_language_code property?

Are you sometimes using service mode? If so, then the UI would use sageclient.properties.

Also, enable debug logging to give more info in the logs about what is happeneing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Sage User

Something kinda funny. A couple days ago, I registered software and upgraded to v6.1. Since this time, the behavior are inverted. Now the remote launch the French version, the shortcut launch the English one.

I always use the SageTV service.

I found only one of each sage.properties and sageclient.properties file.
sage.properties said
Code:
ui/translation_language_code=fr
sageclient.properties said
Code:
ui/translation_language_code=
I added fr to the second file but apparently it didn't change anything.

After I enabled the debugging mode,
I started the service,
Launch SageTV with the remote,
Close it,
Relaunch SageTV with the shortcut,
Close it.

You can see the result in the 3 log files I zipped and attached here.

That's too much data for me to understand, but I notice a difference in the lines 94.
The test with the remote say
Code:
jeu. 4/19 2:09:50.500 locale = fr
The test with the shortcut say
Code:
jeu. 4/19 2:11:03.540 ERROR Cannot find translation file for STV:java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageTV3_i18n, locale
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (18.0 KB, 557 views)
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

This should now be fixed for the next version after v6.1.

In the meantime... which method do you normally use to start SageTV? The path to the exe in the irremote.ini file is:

C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV

The path in the shortcut is:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Choose which startup method you prefer, then edit the STV= property line in sageclient.properties to match, using either "Progra~1" or "Program Files". If you want to use the remote, I think you would just leave it as-is if I understand your setup correctly. The long/short pathname difference won't matter in the next version.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Thanks for all your hardwork on this. Couple things:
1. I'm very new to all of this (DVR on the PC and also modifying .ini files) so I really don't understand half the lingo on here. I downloaded the file at the top and tried installing everything as it said, but I can't fine ANYTHING to help me know what modifications to make in the ini file to get SAGETV to work when not in focus. Many of the bottom buttons work (play, pause, volume, channel), but not the guide button and the menu button or the colored buttons at the bottom (I have the 45 button Hauppauge). Can you please help me to figure out what modifications need to be made yet in the ini file? I just don't understand all of this

2. I'm very suprised to see that this thread started 3-4 years ago and SageTV/Hauppauge still don't have this fixed between them. I just bought both and you think after all this time, they'd get that worked out. Having said that, are there any changes to the new softwares that affect this process. Both have been updated since this post was last touched 3 years ago. Please help! Thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseb View Post
1. I'm very new to all of this (DVR on the PC and also modifying .ini files) so I really don't understand half the lingo on here. I downloaded the file at the top and tried installing everything as it said, but I can't fine ANYTHING to help me know what modifications to make in the ini file to get SAGETV to work when not in focus. Many of the bottom buttons work (play, pause, volume, channel), but not the guide button and the menu button or the colored buttons at the bottom (I have the 45 button Hauppauge). Can you please help me to figure out what modifications need to be made yet in the ini file? I just don't understand all of this
See post #15 of this topic instead of the first post. I've removed the attachment from the first post since its existence is probably more confusing than useful.

Quote:
2. I'm very suprised to see that this thread started 3-4 years ago and SageTV/Hauppauge still don't have this fixed between them. I just bought both and you think after all this time, they'd get that worked out.
This is a customization to force the remote to work with SageTV regardless of what app has focus. The default SageTV setup is to configure use of the Hauppauge remote w/o affecting the remote while using the remote with other applications.

- Andy
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Sage User

I'm not sure if this is normal or not -- I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question...

after applying the ini and dll files as per instructions in earlier posts, I've noticed that I have to hit the power button a couple times before the remote becomes completely responsive...

Hitting the power button once is usually enough to bring Sage out of standby but the rest of the buttons don't seem to work... until I hit the power button a second time. Then all the buttons work. Is this expected behavior?

Hauppauge 350 (45 button remote)
Windows XP SP2
VIA C7 Mobo and proc
1 GB RAM
500 GB HD

- By the way, is there anything else I'm supposed to do to install the "patch"? I closed sage and remote IR prog, renamed the ini file, replaced it, renamed dll, replaced it (same version btw), restarted system.

-CGM
Old 03-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecgmguy View Post
Hitting the power button once is usually enough to bring Sage out of standby but the rest of the buttons don't seem to work... until I hit the power button a second time. Then all the buttons work. Is this expected behavior?
If you are running in full screen mode & standby means that SageTV goes to its screen saver mode on its own, then yes, that can happen. There was a discussion of this around post #40 of this topc, give or take a few posts. You'll need to do a little editing of the ini file to make it work for the screen saver situation.

(Or, just use any button other than Power to wake SageTV; then use Power only if that doesn't wake SageTV.)

Quote:
By the way, is there anything else I'm supposed to do to install the "patch"? I closed sage and remote IR prog, renamed the ini file, replaced it, renamed dll, replaced it (same version btw), restarted system.
If you mean the dll to fix a memory leak, you shouldn't need that if you have a newer version, or if you already had the updated one, which it sounds like you did.

As long as it is working, you should have everything you need.

- Andy
Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage User

I have been having trouble getting the irremote.ini to work with my setup. I have been following the directions and almost have it working. However, I am running a 64bit windows vista box and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert C:\Program Files(x86)\SageTV\SageTV to the shortened path that will be recognized in the irremote.ini.

Does anyone out there have any ideas??

Thanks a bunch!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebert View Post
However, I am running a 64bit windows vista box and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert C:\Program Files(x86)\SageTV\SageTV to the shortened path that will be recognized in the irremote.ini.
Does "dir /x" still work at a command prompt?

- Andy
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage User

Fixed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Does "dir /x" still work at a command prompt?

- Andy

You are correct, I was able to use dir /x in the command prompt to get the shortened name for C:/Program Files(x86)/SageTv/SageTv.

It turned out to be Progra~2. haha. Go figure. However, when I plugged that into the .ini, I was getting application fail to launch errors.

I found a work around that actually seems to work flawlessly using my original ini file. I placed a link to the SageTV.exe in my windows directory (any would work) and just referenced the .lnk shortcut in the ini. Now, no problems and it works. Perhaps there is a better solution, but this is working and that is good enough for now. haha.