SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
You would have to ask the publishers of any other software what the targets names are & what messages can be used with their software
I was afraid of that.

I have been talking with mostlyfodder, and ended up using his messages.exe program to send the messages. It only uses a few of the parameters and works great, but I was trying to adapt that info to what the remote can already do, I figured it would be cleaner and faster. for example his message.exe uses the following context

message.exe -c CLASS -n NAME -m Messagenumber -w wParam -l lParam

to send a message to Meedio using this structure one would use this

message.exe -C H2-WM-COMMAND -W 502 -L 0

notice -n NAME and -m Messagenumber are not used. But it seems that ir.exe needs all values in order to work or have I got that wrong?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Administrator

See the documentation for irremote.ini, if you haven't done so already. You don't have to use the WindowName with FindWnd(), but it won't do anything if there are multiple results found. If it needs a window name to narrow it down, find out what name he is looking for, if any, in message.exe.

That file also lists the WM_COMMAND message # as 273.

So, that should give you everything needed: class name (H2-WM-COMMAND), window name (possibly blank), message number (273), wparam (502), and lparam (0).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
great thanks. I'm not sure if I read those docs or not, but just to be sure I grabbed them anyways. I'll try those parameters (which once again I am not sure if I did it like that or not yet...I tried so many ways). thanks again for the input.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

when I put sage to sleep with the _mouse_ (only), then use the green button to wake it, I can only use the u/down arrow keys in the main menu to get to Sleep and SageTV recordings. And it doesn't roll around, meaning that if I am on Sleep and want to go to SageTV recordings, I should and usually can press the down arrow and it will go to Sagetv recordings, and vice versa. When it's in this funky stage I cannot, but if I do the following, I can.-->> Then if I press teh green button to sleep sage, which I have to do twice, and then press the green button to wake sage, the up/ down arrow scrolls thru all the choices and seems to work ok to access the rest of the menus elsewhere, AFAIK.
It's a reproducible series.

edit: if I sleep sagetv with the remote adn wake it with the remote, I can sleep it again with the remote by only pressing the green button once.

edit, when I'm watching a recorded show with sagetv and the remote, how do I reach the screen that allows me to close the file?

thanks

Last edited by buzzerbee; 03-30-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee
when I put sage to sleep with the _mouse_ (only), then use the green button to wake it, I can only use the u/down arrow keys in the main menu to get to Sleep and SageTV recordings.
What lives by the remote must die by the remote. Or something like that. You have to wake/sleep SageTV with the remote when using it this way to keep the remote synced with its correct mode. And, don't select the Sleep button on the Main Menu with the remote either -- always use the green button.

Or, you can do some editing of the ini file if you use the remote for no other programs. See here. But, that's left up to you.

Quote:
edit, when I'm watching a recorded show with sagetv and the remote, how do I reach the screen that allows me to close the file?
Use the Options command, which should be the yellow button.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 10:29 AM

No Focus Remote Update?

Is there an Update for No Focus INI file for the New Hauupauge remote?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Administrator

The first post is probably a bit of a mess by now, but towards the bottom of it there is a link to post #15, where the latest ini files are located.

- Andy
Old 07-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Andy,

Attached is a copy of your original 45 button w/ no focus ini modified for sageclient and the red button assigned to "delete" (only thing I ever needed/wanted to change)..

mind adding it to your other 2 files in post #15?

figured it would simplify it for people that arent too interested in changing anything...

I.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Irremote.txt (25.8 KB, 1190 views)

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.

Last edited by insomniac; 07-28-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

it wasnt the record button, it was the red button on the bottom...but none the less

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Oh well - I tried.

It is now fixed.

- Andy
Old 12-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage User

After wrestling for hours trying to get my Hauppauge remote to work with Sage, and trying every irremote.ini that I could find, I finally discovered (after reading this post and following the 'humor me' suggestion) that the Hauppauge 'Restart IR Remote' is NOT the same as exiting and re-launching IR.EXE . I assumed I could edit the irremote.ini and use the Restart IR program in the Hauppauge and have my changes read and implemented. NOT SO. I had to actually EXIT the IR program and RESTART IT to get my changes implemented.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Sage User

Registry setting to help Sage regain focus after sleep

I found the following registry hack to help Sage gain focus after coming out of sleep. I found this particularly necessary after upgrading to Sage 4 (or maybe it was all those Windows security updates); hitting the power button with some other window active caused Sage to awake *behind* the window instead of coming to the forefront as I want, despite the fact that I was using the run command in irremote.ini.

The following registry key controls whether background windows can regain focus or not on their own:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop, DWORD ForegroundLockTimeout
Set to decimal 200000, it will prevent background windows from regaining focus.
Set it to decimal 0, it will allow background windows to regain focus.

I rebooted after changing the setting, and voila! Sage now always comes to the front with the GRNPOWER button.

It should be noted that I'm using the irremote.ini settings from this thread, where GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\FreyTe~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}{findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,43)} for the [DEFAULT] setting.

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE | AMD 2200+, VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP, 1280mb PC3200, PVR-350, Creative Extigy, LG DVD ROM /CD RW | Plextor DVD R/RW, 120GB | 160GB, Sage 6.3, Windows X(tracrap)P Pro SP2
Old 02-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Cook
I found the following registry hack to help Sage gain focus after coming out of sleep. I found this particularly necessary after upgrading to Sage 4 (or maybe it was all those Windows security updates); hitting the power button with some other window active caused Sage to awake *behind* the window instead of coming to the forefront as I want, despite the fact that I was using the run command in irremote.ini.

The following registry key controls whether background windows can regain focus or not on their own:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop, DWORD ForegroundLockTimeout
Set to decimal 200000, it will prevent background windows from regaining focus.
Set it to decimal 0, it will allow background windows to regain focus.

I rebooted after changing the setting, and voila! Sage now always comes to the front with the GRNPOWER button.

It should be noted that I'm using the irremote.ini settings from this thread, where GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\FreyTe~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}{findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,43)} for the [DEFAULT] setting.
I have the 45 remote but from what I have seen on the original post for the remote.ini the SendMsg(1258,0,43) above doesn't match.

From 45 remote.ini : GRNPOWER={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,19)}{mode(Default)}

Just wanted to see what was the difference between the two. Thanks in advance...
Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Administrator

He was talking about the line in the [Default] section to run/wake SageTV; the line w/message #19 is from the [SageTV] section, used to put it to sleep.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mr Darren Cook... You have forced me to question my Heterosexuality... becasue I Love you!

After installing 4.0 I was pulling my hair out trying to get Sage to regain focus after launching it out of Meedio like I have done for years prior to 4.0.

Your registry hack worked like a charm!!

Thanks!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage User

There is something that confuse me. This doesn't work with the French version.

When I click on the shortcut to start Sage, I get the French version.
However, the remote will not work if the window hasn't the focus.

When the Sage client isn't running and I click on the green power button of my remote, Sage start fine, but all in English. In this case the remote will work as expected, even when the window hasn't the focus.

in the .ini file, I changed the correct path of 2 lines into
GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}
and
GO={run(C:\Progra~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

Any help?
Thanks in advance.

WinTV-PVR-350
Hauppauge 45 buttons remote control
Latest version of SageTV (demo)
Windows XP Home Edition
Old 03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator

You're using the ini file for the 45 button remote, found in post #15 of this thread? Does the SageTV Window show a title other than "SageTV"? I don't think the language choice changes the class or window names, so I'm not yet sure why the choice of language would affect how the remote works using the ini found here.

Are you using SageTVClient? (Does the shortcut start sagetvclient.exe?) If so, you'll need to change the ini file to start that exe, and change SageApp to SageClientApp on the lines that send the commands to SageTV, as shown in post #15.

- Andy
Old 04-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You're using the ini file for the 45 button remote, found in post #15 of this thread?
Yes, the one included in the Haup_no_focus_irremote_New_Remote.zip file. The only change I made in this file is to fix the path, as explained in my previous post.

Quote:
Does the SageTV Window show a title other than "SageTV"? I don't think the language choice changes the class or window names, so I'm not yet sure why the choice of language would affect how the remote works using the ini found here.
Yes, it only show "SageTV" in both version (French and English) (*see note below)

Quote:
Are you using SageTVClient? (Does the shortcut start sagetvclient.exe?) If so, you'll need to change the ini file to start that exe, and change SageApp to SageClientApp on the lines that send the commands to SageTV, as shown in post #15.
No. The shortcut start "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe"

(*note)
You give me the idea to use "AutoIt Window Info" and see if I could see something different between the 2 versions. However the 2 windows look pretty much the same...

French version, Main Menu - right after I launched SageTV:
Quote:
Press CTRL-ALT-F to freeze the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title: SageTV
Class: sage.SpecialWindow
Size: X: 1 Y: 349 W: 728 H: 514

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 73 Y: 360
Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB: Hex: 0x0454E4 Dec: 283876

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size: X: 9 Y: 0 W: 646 H: 30
Control ID:
ClassNameNN: SunAwtCanvas5
Text:
Style: 0x56000000
ExStyle: 0x00000000

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<
SageTV
English version, Main Menu - right after I launched SageTV:
Quote:
Press CTRL-ALT-F to freeze the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title: SageTV
Class: sage.SpecialWindow
Size: X: 1 Y: 349 W: 728 H: 514

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 76 Y: 361
Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB: Hex: 0x0454E4 Dec: 283876

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size: X: 9 Y: 0 W: 646 H: 30
Control ID:
ClassNameNN: SunAwtCanvas5
Text:
Style: 0x56000000
ExStyle: 0x00000000

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<
SageTV

Oh well, if I can't make it work, I will just use the English version. No big deal. (I hate to not understand why it doesn't work though lol)
Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Administrator

I still don't know how the lanaguage choice could make a difference, but this info from your original post is confusing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalogy View Post
When I click on the shortcut to start Sage, I get the French version.

When the Sage client isn't running and I click on the green power button of my remote, Sage start fine, but all in English.
I don't know how one shortcut would use one langauge and the other use a different langauge, unless they are running different exe files or they have different parameters.

Check the shortcut's full Target line & path and compare to what you said was being used in irremote.ini.

If the paths look the same, double check that the short filename path version in the ini really points to the long filename path that you think it does -- you can use "dir /x" at a command prompt.

- Andy