SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!! It works like a charm. I did exactly what you suggested minus the MLS thing and it now works great!! Thanks again for your time and patience Opus4!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevthor
Thanks again for your time and patience Opus4!
My patience??? I figured you guys would have gotten tired of me insisting that the path be checked, since I forgot about SageTV sleeping in a way other than in the system tray! This would have taken so much longer without that reminder!

Anyway... glad it is working now! And, I'll bet that explains some other things in the past that I never figured out.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ya, we've been kind of bumping heads on some part of the remote stuff for a few months now haven't we Opus4 ? Since we aren't all using things the same way sometimes it is hard to tell what/where the problem is for someone else. Glad he got it worked out though.

And my own thanks for all your effort all the way around everything on this forum.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the Snapstream Firefly remote to control sagetv without focus. I am intrigued by it being a RF solution since my tv isn't is the path of my IR reciever. Before I purchase anythign I want to make sure it can be use w/o focus since I will only use it to control sagetv
Old 11-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

robdbm-

yes, the firefly remote can be used with girder's sendmessage feature to control sagetv without sagetv having the focus. i had a bad experience with RF interference with the firefly remote and have just returned mine to amazon. it's a great remote, however, and if you can get it working well for you it's well designed and has the right # and kind of buttons. it just never had the great distance that my ATI remote wonder had. anyhow, not everyone has had my experience w/ the firefly remote. (although there are multiple posts regarinding RF interference problems on the web.)

-fodder
Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 PM

Deleting the "go" button (Hauppauge remote)

I need the go button removed. I am using the 45 button Hauppauge remote with the attached file that you posted. The settings work great btw. I have this white box that says exit IR when I press that button while it is in sleep mode and cannot exit it with the remote (reboot).

Thanks
Old 12-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Administrator

There are a couple things you can do -- you can comment out (put a ; in front of the line) the line in the [Remote] section at the top that says "MenuLoad=1", or change it to =0. Then, in the [Default] section, either comment out "GO={gomenu()}" or change that button's definition. You can easily redefine any of those buttons.

Does that cover what you meant?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:37 PM

I do not know what I would have done without all your efforts Opus4. Thanks so much. You have made this remote stuff bearable if not easy.

-Rick
Old 01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Sage User

Thanks!

Thanks for posting the irremote.ini for the 45-button Hauppauge remote! It works perfectly. I added a line:

SUBCC={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{sendMsg(1258,0,27)}

This makes the # (SUBCC) button toggle between window & full screen.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Administrator

If this is happening after SageTV has gone into its full-screen screen saver sleep mode, please check some of the previous posts. In short: You can either turn off SageTV's screen saver so that it sleeps in the system tray, or you can try removing the Mode() command in the [SageTV] section so that it never leaves SageTV mode.

If that is not the problem, you'll need to describe what is happening when the problem starts.

- Andy
Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Opus4...thanks for all the files and links about the remote. It has been very helpful!

Using the new ini file you provided I was able to get the new 45 button remote working! That, is awesome! With the default setup only a couple of the buttons worked. Now that has been fixed!

I'm still having a problem though...

The issue is that when I first boot my machine and get into windows, the remote works like a champ...then after a few minutes no more remote control. I have to use the mouse again.

I checked the system tray and for some reason the IR software icon is gone at this point.

If I then try to restart the IR software I get the following message:

"Failed to Initialize infrared remote hardware"

The only thing that temporarily fixes this is a reboot but then it still only lasts a few minutes before the remote software "disappears" again.

Anyone have any ideas on this or experienced the same problem? I did install the dll update you mentioned in post 6 but this did not help.

Also, I am using the ir32_245_22267 version of the software from HP's support site.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Administrator

I'm glad the ini file is owrking for you... but the next problem is probably a Hauppauge issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlow
The issue is that when I first boot my machine and get into windows, the remote works like a champ...then after a few minutes no more remote control. I have to use the mouse again.

I checked the system tray and for some reason the IR software icon is gone at this point.

If I then try to restart the IR software I get the following message:

"Failed to Initialize infrared remote hardware"

The only thing that temporarily fixes this is a reboot but then it still only lasts a few minutes before the remote software "disappears" again.
You have a 150, right? I believe you are running into problem that many others are getting, see: PVR-150 Remote Initialization Failed. Post #5 there contains a link to a thread in SHS's forum where the problem has more discussion.

- Andy
Old 02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome...thanks for the quick reply and the link!

Much apprecieated!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
1) Humor me on this one, since I can't do my own tests on your system. Exit the SageTV UI completely, so that it is not running at all; not even sleeping. Right click on the Hauppauge IR icon in the system tray & select "Exit IR". Then, run ir.exe again to restart it. Now try using the GRNPOWER button. Does SageTV start to run?

2) Also, go to your Windows directory, get irremote.ini, and upload it as an attachment to a post. Don't just upload the ini file you downloaded -- upload the one that is in your Windows dir.

3) Finally: are you using the Hauppauge remote, or are you using a remote that you taught its codes to?

Please do all three. So far, except when the path is not correct, I can't get the same symptoms to occur.

- Andy
Hi, I'm a little late to the party.. I can't make this work.
I downloaded the file haup_no_focus_irremote.zip

The path to sage is the default installation path. Double checked the path in the .ini.
Not running as a server.
Rebooted PC (& sage and ir.exe).

using the GRNPOWER button will start sage, but then NO other buttons on the remote work. The old 34 button silver hauppage remote.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Administrator

The new ini file is in your Windows dir, replacing the old one? Did you reinstall the Hauppauge IR software or SageTV since copying the new ini file?

Is the problem immediately after running the exe, or after it sleeps? And, is it sleeping in the system tray or as a full screen screen saver?

Are you running SageTV.exe or SageTVClient.exe? The client needs a different class name target for the messages.

- Andy
Old 03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The new ini file is in your Windows dir, replacing the old one? Did you reinstall the Hauppauge IR software or SageTV since copying the new ini file?

Is the problem immediately after running the exe, or after it sleeps? And, is it sleeping in the system tray or as a full screen screen saver?

Are you running SageTV.exe or SageTVClient.exe? The client needs a different class name target for the messages.

- Andy
This is how I installed it:
I exited sage adn ir.exe.
I went to teh windows dir and renamed the orig file and extracted yours to that directory. I have not reinstalled any software.

The problem is immediate- >exit and restart ir.exe. Press the green button to start sage; after it starts, it's in the Main Menu, there is no more funtionality in the remote. Then I can sleep it with the mouse to the system tray, to exit sage. Then I press the green button on the remote and it doesn't load sage this time. So the only time it starts sage is just after I load ir.exe

sage tv not client and if I rename your file and make the orginal file the active one, the remote works as it used to (restarting ir.exe).

see why I never customized anything...
Old 03-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Administrator

What version is your Hauppauge IR software? That ini file uses functions (such as SendMsg()) that are not in much older versions, so if you haven't updated it in a long time, this ini won't work at all once SageTV is running. See the the post where the zipped ini file was downloaded for IR version info.

- Andy
Old 03-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What version is your Hauppauge IR software? That ini file uses functions (such as SendMsg()) that are not in much older versions, so if you haven't updated it in a long time, this ini won't work at all once SageTV is running. See the the post where the zipped ini file was downloaded for IR version info.

- Andy
that was the problem. Thanks. Seems to be working ok. Did have a glitch, but slept it with the mouse to the sys tray and then green buttoned it awake and it is ok.

Thanks for the cool download!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Opus4-
how can one find the necessary values to fill in the

{(findwnd(classname,windowname)}{SendMsg(Message ID,wParam,lParam)}

for programs other than SageTV. I am trying to control Meedio this way, but I can't seem to find the values I need other than the wParam and lParam. I sent an email to Hauppage asking, but they seem to be confused and are telling me the remote cannot do windows messages.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Administrator

You would have to ask the publishers of any other software what the targets names are & what messages can be used with their software. I would think that this must be coverd somewhere on the Meedio site/forums since I would think that people use Girder to control it -- see what is used as the target for Girder's SendMessage plugin, or however they send commands via Girder.

Hauppauge wouldn't know what messages can be sent to other programs & their end-user tech support probably wouldn't deal with this usage of their remote, so it isn't surprising that they wouldn't know what to say about this.

Edit: perhaps see mostlyfodder's sig lines

- Andy