SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by eruji
cant you do this now by editing the remote.ini to just call sagetv.exe -event eventnumber for each button?
That is exactly what I was referring to above, when I said there was a delay between pressing a button & seeing a response in SageTV on my slow system.

Quote:
personally i like having girder do all the remote management because all my config is in one place. and i can just back up the GML file if needed.
Same type of thing -- backup irremote.ini & you have everything. Oh, unless you mean that since Hauppauge's remote sends keystrokes, you have to have SageTV's commands configured correctly too.

[Edit: changed that last sentence to make it clear I wasn't referring to Girder sending keystrokes. ]

Quote:
But i was wondering about performance between the various ways too.

1) just using a regular keyboard to control sage
2) using girder to call windows messages to control sage
3) calling the sagetv.exe to control sage

any differences in speed?
#1 is immediate (and is essentially what the Hauppauge remote does); I don't have Girder, but #2 should be immediate too; #3 can be slow, since the exe has to run again.

I could write a very small SendMessage exe that may load & send the command more quickly, but directly using Window's built-in SendMessage() API call is much faster.

- Andy

Last edited by Opus4; 05-12-2004 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Oh, unless you mean that since it sends keystrokes, you have to have SageTV's commands configured correctly too.
Nah, i run girder with the sendmessage plugin. works just fine. I didnt realize the sagetv.exe -event was slower.

Well my computer is run almost completely with Girder, i controll all my HTPC apps with it, multiple remotes, and all my external Audio video gear, even some x10 stuff. Its crazy how powerful that program is.

this should probly gets its own thread, getting a little OT.

Glad to hear V2 is officially released, looking forward to trying it out and some of the new skins.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

What this allows:

We can now call specifc screens from myhtpc!! Similar to the parameters with btv.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Administrator

I changed my last post to clarify that I didn't mean that Girder was sending keystrokes.

Quote:
Originally posted by eruji
this should probly gets its own thread, getting a little OT.
To go much more beyond this, you are probably right... but the diversion started as a discussion of the new "-event" parameter, so it was on topic for a while...

- Andy

Edit: In case you are interested, I did start a new thread explaining how to use the Hauppauge remote w/o SageTV having focus: How to control SageTV w/o focus (Hauppauge or other remotes)

Last edited by Opus4; 05-13-2004 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Sage User

Could somebody please explain what Dan meant about the close_video_on_pvr350osd_reset feature and the auto-reset? How do I take advantage of it. I assume it has something to do with reseting the pvr-350 after it locks up, but am not sure. Any help would be great.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Man, V2 looks good! Great stuff, guys, just excellent. Couldn't be happier so far.