SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Working for me too. Thanks
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Sage User

Play Button works, but in the limited testing that I have done so far I still have some freezing going on. I will continue to test and report back. Thanks for your hard work!!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Would you mind following the instructions for submitting logs in the original post? I'd like to see what's happening for this issue where there's no play button.
Apologies for the late reply - log files and system info was in my original post - but it seems with the latest version (after rebooting), all is well again. Will continue testing, though.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Jason,

No luck getting the videos to play now. This was working fine for me a week ago before I updated with the newer server plugins from earlier this week.

No play button on the video preview, no action on play "on this page".

I'm not seeing SageTVTranscoder in the process logs when I click play "on this page". The Video preview box is a black square. It used to show a clip with a play button.

I don't know what plugin is responsible but here are the versions I'm running - i think everything is current.

JettyWebServer 2.2.0.9 (tested with all 3 log levels, & reset plugin config)
MediaStreamingServices 1.1.2.43
SageTVMobileWebInterface 2.0.0.40
SageTVWebInterace 2.28

I'm using the default: 8080, sage, frey on the webserver.

The "Watch Now" section shows the play button
"One this page"
and
"/127.0.0.1seemingly random port #)"

The play "On This Page" link doesn't do anything when clicked. Clicking on "/127.0...." plays it immediately on the SageTV Server.

IOS version: 3.1.3
Device : ipod touch, Generation 1
Server I3-540 processor, 3GB ram
Sage: Version 7
Wireless: 802.11G and B

Ideas?

thanks, john
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like you have all the right versions but are still having the problem from older versions Can you try shutting down SageTV and see if all the subdirectories in jetty/webapps are cleaned up? If not, let me know which ones, then delete them and start Sage and see if it fixes your problem. You might also try clearing Safari's cache (Settings -> Safari -> Clear Cache).
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jason,

The directory:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps

has 4 .war files. Apps.war, MediaStreaming.war, nielm_sagewebserver.war, and SageWebApp.war. In addition there are 4 subfolders in here, all under the same names as the .war files.

I don't know what you mean by "cleaned up", but I can remove these plugins, shut down Sage, delete what's left over here and reinstall the plugins if you think that's prudent.

I also just cleared Safari's cache - no luck with that.

Thanks, john
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Do the subdirectories under jetty/webapps still exist after you shut down Sage? If so, make note of the timestamps on them then start Sage and see if the timestamps change.

The directories should be deleted when Sage is shut down. If file-locking prevents that, my fix should clean them up during start up before anything has a chance to lock them. That should then allow Jetty to recreate the directories empty and reextract the war files to them.

Uninstalling and reinstalling has worked for several users but I don't want that to be a necessary step.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Jason,

It was deleting the subfolders when I closed down SageTV, so I restarted it and uninstalled the plugins including Jetty.

I then closed down and restated SageTV then reinstalled the plugins and everything is working fine now. Thanks for your hard work and the constant monitoring of the forums.

best, john
Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by war10ck View Post
Thanks Jason, installed the update and everything is working.

Sorry if this was already covered somewhere but noticed on the home page under Now Playing it shows "Nothing" under the server even if something is playing. Extenders show up fine.
This isn't part of Sage's core like a placeshifter or extender UI context so it's not going to show up there. I'm not sure if there's a way I could track that myself and display it but if there is it's pretty low on my priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by war10ck View Post
You are going to push me over the edge to get ipad and better wifi coverage for my home! Now if we can just get that ipad remote app for MyMovies...
I already pushed myself over the edge and bought a server that could handle the transcoding, next will probably be an iPad 2
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm sorry but I must've missed the post that explains how to use this. There aren't any clues in the plugin description. Do you type an address into Safari?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I'm sorry but I must've missed the post that explains how to use this. There aren't any clues in the plugin description. Do you type an address into Safari?
Technically you wouldn't do anything with it, this specific plugin gets called by other plugins...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage Expert

Just tried this out for the first time, and it works soooo well with my iPod Touch. I've been using Air Video up until now, and this provides a much more convenient interface. Great job! I especially like how it saves watched information.

I saw in the FAQ thread that you may be able to implement commercial skipping. Has there been any progress with this? The one big problem I had with Air Video, and now with this plugin is trying to seek over commercial breaks accurately on the little iPod Touch screen. If I'm too earlier or too late then I try to seek again and then have to wait for the transcoder to buffer the content again.

Is there any chance of possibly utilizing Flash's streaming abilities to provide streaming on browsers that don't support HTTP Live Streaming? (Windows PC's for instance).

Keep up the great work.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
wrong thread

Last edited by Motofreak75; 03-06-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Sorry for the newbie question, but I've looked everywhere. Do I need Placeshifter in order to stream video to my ipad? I've spent hours trying to get this to work on my Ipad. I do not have Placeshifter.

Thanks you.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevf View Post
Do I need Placeshifter in order to stream video to my ipad?
No, but you don't use this plugin all by itself either... You want either the web server for mobile 2.0 or TiSageTV installed...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM

Yes. I have purchased the TiSageTV. I got TiSageTV working fine as a remote for the SageTV. But could not get it to stream Live TV or recording. It opens a Safari page and I get a blank screen with a funny symbol in the middle.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevf View Post
I got TiSageTV working fine as a remote for the SageTV. But could not get it to stream Live TV or recording.
Are you seeing thumbnails/images for your TV shows and Videos?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM

I don't know what happened, but it seems to work now Thanks for your help!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Sage User

This thing works great! Nice work!

No problems on iPod touch 4.1 iOS. Remote doesn't fit within a single screen, but that's it.

Now if I could only find something to stream digital clearQAM to get some live TV....
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Just tried this out for the first time, and it works soooo well with my iPod Touch. I've been using Air Video up until now, and this provides a much more convenient interface. Great job! I especially like how it saves watched information.
Glad to hear it's working for you. What version of iOS are you using? The events fired by the video player seem to vary between iPhone and iPad and/or iOS 3 and iOS 4. When I first wrote it there was some inconsistency in my testing but I haven't heard any complaints.

Quote:
I saw in the FAQ thread that you may be able to implement commercial skipping. Has there been any progress with this? The one big problem I had with Air Video, and now with this plugin is trying to seek over commercial breaks accurately on the little iPod Touch screen. If I'm too earlier or too late then I try to seek again and then have to wait for the transcoder to buffer the content again.
I haven't worked on this at all. I still plan on researching it but I don't use comskip so I haven't missed it much. It's dependent on some other JavaScript work I need to do as well.

Quote:
Is there any chance of possibly utilizing Flash's streaming abilities to provide streaming on browsers that don't support HTTP Live Streaming? (Windows PC's for instance).

Keep up the great work.
Doubtful. It's much more complicated to get realtime transcoding working with that than with HTTP Live Streaming. The browser makers are all considering HTTP Live Streaming or something similar. Hopefully they'll adopt a standard.
, Java 1.6.