SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledig View Post
Thanks for taking a look. Maybe it's just a few tweaks to get the behavior right (or maybe I've done something wrong in install/setup)
Could you have somehow mixed the logfiles? I see things happening on the client that should only happen on the server, and things on the server aren't happening.

What OS is your server and what OS is your client?

Can you re-run the test but do not use the client at all? (i.e. Only use the UI on ther server or placeshifter/extender.) Set the loglevel to Verbose please.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Could you have somehow mixed the logfiles? I see things happening on the client that should only happen on the server, and things on the server aren't happening.

What OS is your server and what OS is your client?

Can you re-run the test but do not use the client at all? (i.e. Only use the UI on ther server or placeshifter/extender.) Set the loglevel to Verbose please.
didn't know which logs you might need, so I included both. This was actually done by running the UI on the same machine as the server (SageTV in service mode, running sagetv.exe)

maybe I just need to set the Sage loglevel to Verbose? I'll have to lookup how to do that

I'm running on Vista x64.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
didn't know which logs you might need, so I included both. This was actually done by running the UI on the same machine as the server (SageTV in service mode, running sagetv.exe)

maybe I just need to set the Sage loglevel to Verbose? I'll have to lookup how to do that

I'm running on Vista x64.
OK, no need to re-run. I need to spend more time looking at the logs. I've never tried it on Vista so that may be a contributing factor.

You need to set the plugin loglevel to Verbose. Sage logging is either on or off.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I can now reproduce it recording podcast episodes multiple times. Thanks for the logfiles uncledig. Now I just need to find out why it's doing this.....

Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Sage User

let me know if I can provide anything else!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Update Available

I just uploaded an update that fixes the issue of Podcasts being downloaded multiple times. I made some major changes but I think it was worth it. It's now more stable and I think I slayed a small dragon that was lurking in there and causing some issues.

Next I'll look into getting Channels.Com to work better. Right now you can manually record the Podcasts but I don't think selecting them as favorites will work.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Sage User

I'll try it tonight!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll try it tonight!
I've found and fixed a few more bugs as well. Channels.com still does not work reliably

Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.60

updated version just posted to the repository. Changes:

- Add support for Channels.com.
- Can now record single Episodes from PlayOn. Recording multiple Episodes and selecting PlayOn items as a Favorite is not supported.
- If in Recorded TV menu add Favorite icon next to Podcasts that are Favorites. If using the malore menus the icon will only show up if using double rows on the right side.
- If in Online Menu add RSS icon next to Podcasts that have been recorded.
- Add ability to jump to Online Favorite Manager from recording option menus.
- Add ability to record more than the default number of displayed items (usually 20) for Podcasts such as YouTube Channels.
- Fix bug that prevented Favorite Podcast from being removed from the Online Favorite Manager after it was removed as a favorite.
- Fix bug that allowed pressing Favorite and Record on non Podcasts items such as Back, Next and Previous.
- Fix bug that caused Favorite Options dialog to not use default values set by user.
- Fix bug that would cause the Favorite status of recorded Episodes to remain the same even though the user changed the Favorite status of the Podcast.
- Fix bug that prevented MediaFile metadata from getting the correct Favorite status.
- Improve error message that is displayed if adding a Favorite fails.

Hopefully the second item will be of interest to some people.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Sage Expert

With all of the new additions, is there anyway to mark certain episodes as already downloaded when setting up a favourite?

I know I already requested this, but I can't see anything in the changelogs about it. Without this ability I really can't use this plugin, and I would loooooove to use this plugin

Thanks (keep up the great work BTW ).
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
With all of the new additions, is there anyway to mark certain episodes as already downloaded when setting up a favourite?

I know I already requested this, but I can't see anything in the changelogs about it. Without this ability I really can't use this plugin, and I would loooooove to use this plugin

Thanks (keep up the great work BTW ).
There is no direct way. There are two ways the plugin detects episodes that have already been downloaded:

1. If finds the episode it's database.
2. If it finds it in the Sage database.

I've done some changing in how the episodes are detected so this may or may not work for episodes that were recorded using a previous version.

I'll look into adding a function into the UI that will allow you to select an episode and mark it as "already recorded" even if it hasn't been. Is that what you are looking for?

Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'll look into adding a function into the UI that will allow you to select an episode and mark it as "already recorded" even if it hasn't been. Is that what you are looking for?
Pretty much. Just so it won't go and download everything in the feed (I would have already watched the existing items in the feed, and having to download dozens of HD episodes that I already watched would needlessly hurt my download cap from my ISP).

If I could just select an episode, and hit the "watched" button on the remote to prevent it from downloading would be great.

Also, when adding a favourite have an optional setting that will automatically mark all existing items in that feed as "already recorded". So only new items that are added to the feed are downloaded (this would be quicker than having to manually mark each episode as 'already recorded')
Old 04-09-2011, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll look into it.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage User

so excited to see you updating this! thanks, man!!

i'm seeing a problem with Channels.com. when i go to Online / Channels.com and select any podcast, then go to the Favorite Options setup menu, the podcast name is always "xChannelsDotComFeedList". if i change the title and try to create the favorite, it seems to favorite *all* of the Channels.com podcasts. i haven't had the guts to leave the favorite in place to see what happens
Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

so excited to see you updating this! thanks, man!!

i'm seeing a problem with Channels.com. when i go to Online / Channels.com and select any podcast, then go to the Favorite Options setup menu, the podcast name is always "xChannelsDotComFeedList". if i change the title and try to create the favorite, it seems to favorite *all* of the Channels.com podcasts. i haven't had the guts to leave the favorite in place to see what happens
Argh! Channels.Com is a PITA. I'll go back to the drawing board on this.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
i'm seeing a problem with Channels.com. when i go to Online / Channels.com and select any podcast, then go to the Favorite Options setup menu, the podcast name is always "xChannelsDotComFeedList.
I fixed this issue on the version I posted a few days ago? What version are you running? (Look at the Plugin manager because I did not update the version information that gets displayed in the UI.)

Old 04-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ever since the last update it isn't working for me. I see the options but it acts like it isn't running. Shows in the queue but never downloads. Also if I exit the UI all my favorites are gone when I come back. I no longer get the 'restart' popup when installing, enabling, etc.
I tried uninstalling, removing the files, installing but no different.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingisson View Post
Ever since the last update it isn't working for me. I see the options but it acts like it isn't running. Shows in the queue but never downloads. Also if I exit the UI all my favorites are gone when I come back. I no longer get the 'restart' popup when installing, enabling, etc.
I tried uninstalling, removing the files, installing but no different.
Is SageTV running as a service or with the full UI? Are you installing on a SageClient or the server?

Set the debug logging level to Trace then send me the logfile.

The bad news is that I've been making a lot of changes trying to get this plugin more stable. The good news is that it's come a long way. I expect the next update to be a lot better, but I have no ETA for that yet.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using the server as both server and client. Running as a service and using the full UI. I'll work on getting logs. It used to work (bugs and all) but since doing an update it doesn't.

There appears to be a lot of code inserted into the sagetv.properties file so I've avoided trying to clear that out. It acts as if a startup service (if that is what the .jar needs to do) isn't running at all and will loose any configs for favorites etc if I restart the UI. All of the options are there to perform the functions, it doesn't do anything.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingisson View Post
I'm using the server as both server and client. Running as a service and using the full UI. I'll work on getting logs. It used to work (bugs and all) but since doing an update it doesn't.

There appears to be a lot of code inserted into the sagetv.properties file so I've avoided trying to clear that out. It acts as if a startup service (if that is what the .jar needs to do) isn't running at all and will loose any configs for favorites etc if I restart the UI. All of the options are there to perform the functions, it doesn't do anything.
There should not be much inserted into the .properties files, maybe 10-15 lines that each start with podcastrecorder/. Anything else is from other plugins or Sage itself. Post the sage.properties file and the sageclient.properties file please.

I've never tested it in that configuration so I suspect that may be the issue. Then again, I haven't chan ged anything that would affect that since the last build so I don't know why it would have broken.