SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
* I'm assuming it's not too hard to modify the timestamp on a file *
I agree with both of you actually

Its odd that Sage is using the modified date rather than the date imported for imported videos. While it makes sense for home movies, is that really the primary use case for most people?

But yes, its also super easy to touch the files and get their modified dates be the date they were imported. I'll put that onto the long list of stuff I need to do when I get some free time for dev.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I got the same error..ending with the '/output dir () isn't valid' like in the log I posted.

You said to download it here, but I'm not sure where to find it to download it...any additional help please? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsdad View Post
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I got the same error..ending with the '/output dir () isn't valid' like in the log I posted.

You said to download it here, but I'm not sure where to find it to download it...any additional help please? Thanks!
Opps, forgot to paste the link.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh wait, nm, i'm completely wrong about what your problem is. The queue importer must be having an issue creating the path it needs on 64-bit windows. I'll take a look at it, but in the for now you can manually create/set the import path.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\Sage\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\PlayOn
And then go to the settings for the queue importer (Click on Main Menu->Plugins->Installed Plugins->PlayON Queue Importer and plugin options should be one of the available choices.) and manually set that directory.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Sage User

You sir are a genius.

The folder was already created by installing the plugin, but for some reason it couldn't actually save to it using the relative file path that is loaded by default.

I had to add the full path to my Sage Import scan folder, restart sage and the sage service and then it started working!

Thanks!

Edit: It appears that Windows 7 64bit doesn't like relative paths...it would be nice if you're interface would follow the Sage interface for adding or creating directories, rather than allowing to just select from one of the existing Sage import directories. There's probably a reason why you did it this way though, so I'm not going to complain, and I'm going to be happy!

Thanks!

Last edited by Emsdad; 10-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Just thought I would say I asked sage about adding a date added field and they pointed me to use GetMediaFileID() which is incremental I never thought of that but that would work pretty well.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsdad View Post
Edit: It appears that Windows 7 64bit doesn't like relative paths...it would be nice if you're interface would follow the Sage interface for adding or creating directories, rather than allowing to just select from one of the existing Sage import directories. There's probably a reason why you did it this way though, so I'm not going to complain, and I'm going to be happy!
Its actually supposed to be an absolute path, not releative. It works fine with normal windows but I'm guessing the (x86) in the path is messing up the java code and causing this problem.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Its actually supposed to be an absolute path, not releative. It works fine with normal windows but I'm guessing the (x86) in the path is messing up the java code and causing this problem.
Hey, don't blame windows for screwing things up when you're storing temp files, config files and user/users data in the programs folder (like sage STILL does for some reason).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Hey, don't blame windows for screwing things up when you're storing temp files, config files and user/users data in the programs folder (like sage STILL does for some reason).
That's exactly why I have Sage installed on a separate drive. That way the install path is E:\SageTV and it's easy for all the apps to make paths, etc. etc.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Just thought I would say I asked sage about adding a date added field and they pointed me to use GetMediaFileID() which is incremental I never thought of that but that would work pretty well.
That's a good route for this - it doesn't correlate exactly to a date, BUT for use cases where date isn't important (like the list of most recently added movies) it will work just fine!

Quote:
Its odd that Sage is using the modified date rather than the date imported for imported videos. While it makes sense for home movies, is that really the primary use case for most people?
It makes sense for recorded shows as well, since the file creation date does correlate exactly to when that Airing 'aired'. I could see some value in this if your 'TV' files where all recorded. With the mixed / source agnostic content that we have now (everything in Recorded TV isn't necessarily recorded), it is not nearly as compelling....

btl.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
That's a good route for this - it doesn't correlate exactly to a date, BUT for use cases where date isn't important (like the list of most recently added movies) it will work just fine!

It makes sense for recorded shows as well, since the file creation date does correlate exactly to when that Airing 'aired'. I could see some value in this if your 'TV' files where all recorded. With the mixed / source agnostic content that we have now (everything in Recorded TV isn't necessarily recorded), it is not nearly as compelling....

btl.
Yeah I still think a date added makes sense as well and I asked for it still after v7 if we don't get it I might write a quick plugin that gives it at least for my needs. I do some date grouping in SMM and need it for the sagedb port as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Using the date created/modified attribute was a neat trick back in Sage 1.4 to track when a file segment for a recording began/ended, but to still be depending on it so much today is ridiculous. They've got a rich metadata system in place so they should be taking any file attributes they need and archiving it in wiz.bin rather than depending on a data source they have no control over.

Funny story, once during development I accidentally touched all of my recordings and Sage almost exploded. I had to write some crazy utility that used the file creation date and the video duration to re-calculate the original date modified stamp and reapply it. But if i'd accidentally lost the file creation date too then recovering those recordings would have been insanely difficult.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-12-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to only import Hulu shows into the recording screen, either through BMT or the Queue importer. I've disabled Netflix via playon, so that's not an issue. What I'm more concerned with is BMT importing all of my endcoded TV series DVDs into Recordings.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

With automatic importing of TV shows into the recordings menu AFAIK its all or nothing so I don't believe so.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
With automatic importing of TV shows into the recordings menu AFAIK its all or nothing so I don't believe so.
All the more reason to not import tv into recordings

I know I know where is a plugin that alleviates the need.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

Updated to the latest version of Playon on Tuesday (PlayOnSetup.3.0.22). I have the latest version of the Playon plugins. (and love them) All appeared well until I got home today and seemed to have every show and movie on Playon in my dedicated Online import folder. I have not seen any posts on this so I have to assume it is just me.

There was an update available for Playon today so I installed it (PlayOnPatch.3.0.24) and then deleted everything in the Online import library and rebooted. Everything appears to have recovered and rebuilt correctly.

I'll repost if something happens again but hopefully it was something with just that version of Playon. Mainly posting in case someone else sees something similar.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Updated to the latest version of Playon on Tuesday (PlayOnSetup.3.0.22). I have the latest version of the Playon plugins. (and love them) All appeared well until I got home today and seemed to have every show and movie on Playon in my dedicated Online import folder. I have not seen any posts on this so I have to assume it is just me.

There was an update available for Playon today so I installed it (PlayOnPatch.3.0.24) and then deleted everything in the Online import library and rebooted. Everything appears to have recovered and rebuilt correctly.

I'll repost if something happens again but hopefully it was something with just that version of Playon. Mainly posting in case someone else sees something similar.
Please tell me you have your logs???

If not he cant help you I had this happen once and haven't been able to recreate.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
All the more reason to not import tv into recordings

I know I know where is a plugin that alleviates the need.
So close

Ah well, the Importer plugin is still great. I just need to move my lazy self to go to the Videos section.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Please tell me you have your logs???

If not he cant help you I had this happen once and haven't been able to recreate.
Sorry No logs. Thought about it but decided I could get them if the problem persisted but things look fine at this point.

I'll make sure I get them if there is a next time.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Sage User

Question It's been almost a month; any chance of getting an answer/reply soon?

Originally posted on 09-23-2010
Deleted Files "not" being cleaned out by "Video Directory Rescan"
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...78&postcount=1

Any chance of getting an answer/reply soon?
Closed Thread