SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

After installing this addon I now have hundreds of pictures added to my screensaver.. is there a way to keep that from happening?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
After installing this addon I now have hundreds of pictures added to my screensaver.. is there a way to keep that from happening?
I don't even know what that means

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I don't even know what that means
I use the SageTV built in screensaver. It picks pictures from my "pictures" directory, which is family pictures, etc. Now there are hundreds of pictures in my pictures directory from TV shows.. apparently the ones that are getting imported. So most of the time my screensaver is showing pictures of tv shows and movies instead of my family pictures.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
I use the SageTV built in screensaver. It picks pictures from my "pictures" directory, which is family pictures, etc. Now there are hundreds of pictures in my pictures directory from TV shows.. apparently the ones that are getting imported. So most of the time my screensaver is showing pictures of tv shows and movies instead of my family pictures.
Sounds like you have your BMT fanart path on an import path for pictures.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sounds like you have your BMT fanart path on an import path for pictures.
That could be it. I'll check into it. Thank you for the insight.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

This plugin is great! Thanks for all your hard work. What is the proper way to incorporate the Netflix streaming tv shows. For example I recently added American Pickers Season 1 to my queue. I am using the mymovies integration and when it does its folder monitoring it gives me a warning that the folder is going to be ignored since there is more than 10 movies in the folder. I believe the reason for this is that there are 12 episodes in the …playon\TV\American Pickers Season 1 folder that the playon queue importer/BMT created. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the mymovies collection manager. Should I only have mymovies collection manager monitor the …playon\Movies folder?

So I guess my question is in your demo video you show good, better and best integration. How do I setup the best method?

My other issue is when I try the good method (go to online, then playon then Netflix) – I only see the top 50 items in my queue so I can’t even select the tv show and then the episodes.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

There appears to be a problem with having full seasons in your Instant Queue.

For example, I have Bones Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and Farscape Season 1 in my instant queue. None of these show up under my my import directory of
\PlayOn.

But I do have The IT Crowd Series 1 and that does show up in \PlayOn\TV\The IT Crowd\Season 1.

I have told the plugin to rescan several days in a row now to try and see if it would find it but with no luck. If I go through the online sage menu then to playon then to netflix though I can see the Bones and Farscape as series I can play there.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Come on people, I need logs otherwise I have no idea whats going on.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I have Farscape Season 1 (Netflix Instant Queue) and it shows up fine for me....

btl.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
For example, I have Bones Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and Farscape Season 1 in my instant queue. None of these show up under my my import directory of
\PlayOn.

But I do have The IT Crowd Series 1 and that does show up in \PlayOn\TV\The IT Crowd\Season 1.
Ok, so I was able to catch this issue. Apparently sometimes after a lot of requests for directory listings PlayOn just decides to stop giving me data but not throw an error so from my end it just looks like those folders are empty. I'll start working on fix asap.

I'm still waiting on logs from people who are getting their import folder flooded with videos not in their queues. I've been unable to reproduce it and I can't even begin to guess how it could be happening.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm still waiting on logs from people who are getting their import folder flooded with videos not in their queues. I've been unable to reproduce it and I can't even begin to guess how it could be happening.
I will try and reproduce again tomorrow on a frest install.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Sage User

After I installed the plugin I cannot locate a configuration menu. I've looked in all the usual places and nothing. I tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling, but still no config menu. I do have Playon / Hulu / Netflix menus under Online now, so at least part of it worked.

Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

setup-plugins-installed plugins-general and look for the importer and hit enter and go to configuration.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Argh! ID10T error. I had the PlayOn: STVi installed (under UIMod) but not the PlayOn: Hulu/Netflix importer (under General) installed.

Sheesh.....

Thanks for the quick reply, Plucky! It was the plugins-general versus plugins-uimod that got me on the right path.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Folder structure

First, love this plugin, have the movies integrated into my MyMovies wall has a high WAF!

My approach to my media on my WHS is to have a sub folder underneath the Videos share called Movies, TV Shows and a few other categories of content, SageTV is set to monitor videos and populated the folder structure in the UI appropriately. This worked great when wanting to navigate to a tv show series, under SageTV Videos / Folders / TV Shows / Series I was interested in.

The Netflix Hulu plugin appears to cause the folders to drop individually into Folders in the SageTV UI, now instead of the 5 high level folders I had, I now have over 100. (very low WAF ) I have a separate shared folder for Netflix and Hulu called NetflixHulu.

Do I need to create an extra level of depth on the shared folder to prevent my Folders view from being overrun?

Help Please!

Thanks
-Ben
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwater View Post
Do I need to create an extra level of depth on the shared folder to prevent my Folders view from being overrun?
I don't really get what your saying, can you give examples?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sure, sorry...

Hierarchy prior to adding Netflix Hulu plugin:

on WHS

Videos (WHS default share) -- = sub folder under Videos
--Movies
--TV Shows
--VMC
--Family Videos

After addition:

Videos (WHS default share) -- = sub folder under Videos
--Movies
--TV Shows
--VMC
--Family Videos
--Movie 1
--Movie 2
--Movie 3
--Movie ... Every movie in Netflix and hulu queue

I have monitoring turned on for

\\<WHS>\Videos
\\<WHS>\NetflixHulu\Movies

All of the Netflix movies showing up in the SageTV UI Videos \ Folders view are coming from the \\<WHS>\NetflixHulu\Movies.

Hmm, I may have answered my own question, let me reconfigure the monitoring to look at the NetflixHulu level instead of the sub folder. I was avoiding the TV Shows loading into MyMovies but perhaps I don't need to. The only issue is that I will end up with 2 TV Shows folders in the SageTV UI Videos \ Folders view.

Thanks
-Ben
Old 09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwater View Post
Hmm, I may have answered my own question, let me reconfigure the monitoring to look at the NetflixHulu level instead of the sub folder. I was avoiding the TV Shows loading into MyMovies but perhaps I don't need to. The only issue is that I will end up with 2 TV Shows folders in the SageTV UI Videos \ Folders view.

Thanks
-Ben
MyMovies doesn't care as long as you are just pointed the collection manager monitoring to the movies. You can do sage however you like as long as the paths match but it can be a different level of the folder.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
MyMovies doesn't care as long as you are just pointed the collection manager monitoring to the movies. You can do sage however you like as long as the paths match but it can be a different level of the folder.
I've adjusted my media directory on SageTV to one level higher and told Sage to rebuild the database (this was at 2:30 my time, now 5:40) and the folders are still showing up. Do I need to tell SageTV to delete the DB somehow before the rebuild is triggered in order to flush these entries?

Thanks!
-Ben
Old 09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Remapping the level of the SageTV monitored folder solved the SageTV UI Folder problem. The only drawback is that I ended up with 2 entries for reach netflix movie in the SageTV DB.

Have to find the "delete and rebuild the database" setting.

Thanks for the feedback, it pointed me in the right direction.

-Ben
Closed Thread