SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is a good idea I think to rescan the sage library after updating but will be terribly slow with large collections. It is really meant to be run nightly and sage should update before you see it again...

maybe a property setting.
I agree that this importer is best left to run unattended. At the same time, sometimes you want to add something at the last minute and start watching it as soon as possible. That's where a combined scanning function would be nice... If not a combined scan maybe just another scanning entry right next to Sage's official import scan so they can be run back-to-back. The problem my wife has is navigating all the way through the plugin manager to get to the options for this plugin. She has no problem dropping into the setup to force a import scan...
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I agree that this importer is best left to run unattended. At the same time, sometimes you want to add something at the last minute and start watching it as soon as possible. That's where a combined scanning function would be nice... If not a combined scan maybe just another scanning entry right next to Sage's official import scan so they can be run back-to-back. The problem my wife has is navigating all the way through the plugin manager to get to the options for this plugin. She has no problem dropping into the setup to force a import scan...
Yeah the problem with that lies it would require creating another class outside of the plugin implementation and calling it from there to get access from the stvi not to mention mapping another option to the option menu. (well it doesn't require that but that is how I would do it)

I will leave that one up to EP. I will gladly move the class calls for him but the other part is up to him. I don't see the value really in having outside the plugin configuration. You can always teach the wife
Old 09-09-2010, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
I would like to sincerely thank all of you guys/gals for all that you have done. My wife and I absolutely love everything you do..
You're very welcome

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
I think you mentioned this should work out of the box. I have it installed, have pressed the update button under configure, but am not seeing my netflix que in my recordings or my videos. Any thoughts? Folders are created under import directory, but only for movies.
I'll need to see a log file. Can you do me a favor and...

1) Run the update now button
2) Wait a few minutes
3) Grab the ...\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser.log file, change the extension to .txt, and attach it to the thread?

Thanks.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-09-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
First, I’ve noticed that if I add stuff to my queues and then do the manual “Update Now” that I still need to do a regular Sage media scan in order for these to appear in my recorded TV content area.
Like PluckyHD said, this side of the plugin isn't really aimed at "I just added this movie and I want to watch it now". For that stuff you should ideally be using the Online->Netflix->Queue button.

This plug-in is more aimed at "I want to have all 9 Seasons of The X-Files to be in my TV collection at all times even though I don't actually own them"

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage User

When I try to upload it gives me an invalid file message? Any other way I can send the file?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Every time I try and play a something from Netflix/Hulu it plays back a video that says... “You shouldn't be seeing this, check to make sure you have the PlayOn plugin installed!”.
If you're seeing that video rather than the actual streaming one then it means you don't have the the latest PlayOn For SageTV: STVi (v1.4) plugin installed from the UI Mod section of the plugin manager.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
If you're seeing that video rather than the actual streaming one then it means you don't have the the latest PlayOn For SageTV: STVi (v1.4) plugin installed from the UI Mod section of the plugin manager.
I am seeing that error video only when playing videos that have been imported into my recordings screen via BMT. They play fine through the netflix queue... I have been running the latest version of everything... v1.4 PlayOn for SageTV:STVi and also the latest version of Playon v3.0.13.1137 if that makes any difference. Any ideas why it won't work for me through the recordings screen?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
When I try to upload it gives me an invalid file message? Any other way I can send the file?
You can try zipping it up and then posting it.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am seeing that error video only when playing videos that have been imported into my recordings screen via BMT. They play fine through the netflix queue... I have been running the latest version of everything... v1.4 PlayOn for SageTV:STVi and also the latest version of Playon v3.0.13.1137 if that makes any difference. Any ideas why it won't work for me through the recordings screen?
Can you quickly disable/enable the PlayOn STVi then try again? Also, if that doesn't work, open up Studio (Ctrl + Shift + F12) and do a search for .playon to see if it shows up in your STV code.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Installed this earlier this week and tested yesterday. Brilliant and awesome plugin! Great work EP
Excellent, glad you like it

Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Sage User

That worked. Attached is the file, let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnPBrowser.zip (3.3 KB, 208 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you quickly disable/enable the PlayOn STVi then try again? Also, if that doesn't work, open up Studio (Ctrl + Shift + F12) and do a search for .playon to see if it shows up in your STV code.
Enabling and disabling the PlayOn STVi v1.4 didn't work. I attached a screencap of studio...
Attached Images
File Type: png Studio.png (58.7 KB, 276 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

What other plug-ins do you have active, I don't recognize those last 4 widgets in the tree

Edit: Ahh, i'm guessing its the new Recently Watched Plugin. I'll have to Ping tmiranda to see if we can figure out a way to coexist.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What other plug-ins do you have active, I don't recognize those last 4 widgets in the tree

Edit: Ahh, i'm guessing its the "Recently Watched" Plugin. I'll have to Ping tmiranda to see if we can figure out a way to coexist.
That was it! I disabled Recently Watched and viola.

Thanks so much. Hopefully it can play nice with recently watched. I love that plugin, I still can't figure out why a recently watched view isn't a standard feature of Sage...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried this new plugin out last night and encountered an issue that I'm not sure is fixable. I added Babylon 5 season 1 to my Netflix queue. Ep's plugin imported the DVD Episodes and BMT added metadata and imported it into the TV Recordings section. Perfect!

Except one thing. I go to the first episode and play it and instead of the pilot playing, I get the last episode on the disc instead. Just to make sure this isn't a playon issue, I used the UPNP browser and went to my queue the long way and played the pilot and sure enough, the pilot episode played accurately. I'm guessing that something is going on to mix up the episodes when BMT does it's thing? It's unfortunate because I thought I'd be able to add all DVD's and set them to display in episode order but for some reason it's not working quite that way.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
I just installed this last night, and am loving it so far. My only issue is that is seems to be importing more than just the shows in my queue. It seems like a bunch of random Hulu shows & movies are being imported as well.

Is this normal? I'd prefer if only the shows that are actually in my queue were imported.

Awesome plugin, regardless!
Dan
I had the same problem. It looks like this plugin is pulling in more than Hulu and Netflix channels.

In the short term, I went into Playon -> Channels and turned off the extra channels (CBS, ESPN, PBS Kids, etc). Then I forced the plugin to do an update.

Ugh
Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I had the same issue I added netflix and then imported and it imported rvey hulu show and movie available I think. If you have your logs post them I deleted mine as I fixed it by stopping the sagetv service and stopping and restarting the playon server. Upon restart of the sagetv service all was well.

Ep I think either playon is not updating whatever setting you are grabbing without a restart of the playon server. Not sure why I had to restart sagetv service as well but I did.

Also I think maybe playon is giving you every hulu show when no login information is given

But that is all guessing and thinking dangerous stuff
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey guys, I definitely need logs for all of these issues since i've never seen any of them before.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hey guys, I definitely need logs for all of these issues since i've never seen any of them before.
Like Plucky, the issue that I saw seems to have self-corrected. Unfortunately, I didn't have logging enabled when I first installed the plug-in, so I don't have any logs for you.

From what I can gather, the first update immediately after installing the plug-in resulted in every Hulu show being pulled in. After that I changed the plug-in configuration to the MyMovies (folder) mode. When I checked it the next day, only the shows in my queue were remaining.

However, I did notice that there were a bunch of imported videos with special characters in the file names did not get deleted automatically. In all the files names, it seemed like any non-alphanumeric characters were replaced by an 'a' w/ an accent on it. So, I just went through an manually deleted all of them.

Sorry I can't give you better details right now - I don't have access to my system at the moment.

-Dan
Closed Thread