SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Check out this video.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/45479/hulu...use-your-queue

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Very Cool Thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Sage User

I get this when trying to initiate playback from the SageTV Web Server. I figured it might not work, but I thought I'd try because it would be great for helping my daughter put a movie on while I'm on a business call. I'm guessing this is the dummy video file EP inserts into folders. Any chance of making this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by opusinteractive View Post
When trying to play Netflix videos from within Sage MyMovies, I'm getting a video clip that says that I shouldn't be seeing this and that I may not have the Playon plugin installed.

This is on a Sage Client. Playon For SageTV: STVi v1.4 is installed. Playon is installed on the server. BMT is installed on the server. I can play Netflix content from Online/Netflix/Queue just fine.

Ideas?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

You know I have been thinking about adding in a call to start playback from smm to any connected client or extender for the same reason.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great plug-in.

My issue. I have files coming in fine into the PlayOn/TV directory, and have in import directly to TV recordings via BMT. However, BMT is only adding generic description for each show (ie, DIY Sweat Equity shows only the basis of the show, not the episode information or name). This despite BMT having the S & E number correct. BMT does well with other imported TV, but seems to get caught up on providing episode info correctly on the Hulu imports.

I guess it would be a BMT issue, but seems to only occur on these files.
Thanks

Last edited by sabre; 09-07-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You know I have been thinking about adding in a call to start playback from smm to any connected client or extender for the same reason.
This would rock! BTW, in the standard SageTV "Videos" section, I can start typing a title and it filters down. Can SMM do that? Sorry, off-topic, I know...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Great plug-in.

My issue. I have files coming in fine into the PlayOn/TV directory, and have in import directly to TV recordings via BMT. However, BMT is only adding generic description for each show (ie, DIY Sweat Equity shows only the basis of the show, not the episode information or name). This despite BMT having the S & E number correct. BMT does well with other imported TV, but seems to get caught up on providing episode info correctly on the Hulu imports.

Thanks
That is because thetvdb.com doesn't have any season/episode information for Sweat Equity. (see here). thetvdb is a community filled database, so you could certainly spend time adding that information.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Great plug-in.

Thanks
I haven't been able to get past the issue mentioned above. I'm either getting no description or a generic description from BMT for most of my Hulu shows. I decided to continue using the original playon plugin where there are descriptions for each episode.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
I haven't been able to get past the issue mentioned above. I'm either getting no description or a generic description from BMT for most of my Hulu shows. I decided to continue using the original playon plugin where there are descriptions for each episode.
Hmm, I wish there was a way I could detect that because I can actually generate .properties files manually. I'll have to come up with something in the next release where you can manually specify shows to have to have the metadata pulled down from hulu/netflix.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed this last night, and am loving it so far. My only issue is that is seems to be importing more than just the shows in my queue. It seems like a bunch of random Hulu shows & movies are being imported as well.

Is this normal? I'd prefer if only the shows that are actually in my queue were imported.

Awesome plugin, regardless!
Dan
Old 09-08-2010, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

+1 for Amazon VOD. I use it for stuff you can't find on the free sights - and there is some good content out there!

btl.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That is because thetvdb.com doesn't have any season/episode information for Sweat Equity. (see here). thetvdb is a community filled database, so you could certainly spend time adding that information.
Thanks Fuzzy, that certainly explains. I will look to add some.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
+1 for Amazon VOD. I use it for stuff you can't find on the free sights - and there is some good content out there!

btl.
While somewhat questionable, if the votes are being reviewed, check out tv-links...

http://www.tv-links.eu/

The script on playonplugins does a good job of adding this as a channel in Playon.

http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=3272.0

-Jason
Old 09-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
My only issue is that is seems to be importing more than just the shows in my queue. It seems like a bunch of random Hulu shows & movies are being imported as well.

Is this normal? I'd prefer if only the shows that are actually in my queue were imported.
I also had this problem when I was using the plugin. I only had a few shows in my Hulu queue, but sometimes there were hundreds of imported shows. I manually deleted them, but then some or all of the shows would return.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
I also had this problem when I was using the plugin. I only had a few shows in my Hulu queue, but sometimes there were hundreds of imported shows. I manually deleted them, but then some or all of the shows would return.
Nope, only shows in your queue should be imported. First off, make sure when you subscribed to shows you also didn't subscribe to the clips, just the full episodes. If so, then you'll need to clean them out of your Hulu queue manually though the website. Secondly, please post a log so I can get a look at whats happening.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Im sure you guys (EP, Plucky, Stuckless, tmiranda, GKSunick (sp), et al) are sick of hearing this, but I feel as though I haven't said it enough, and it has DEF not been said enough on the forums but:

you guys are just plain amazing!!!! I mean seriously SMM, Old school MovieWall, Playon Plugin, now this unbelievably amazing importer, BMT, SLimplayer, the list goes on and on. I'm just constantly amazed by you guys.

Everything you guys have done so far for the community is GREATLY appreciated, and truly makes the SageTV entire system, just that. An entire, complete, AWESOME system to use.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you guys/gals for all that you have done. My wife and I absolutely love everything you do.

Thank you!
~Pix64

-sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but i was just reading this thread and figured it would be good here as well.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Sage User

I think you mentioned this should work out of the box. I have it installed, have pressed the update button under configure, but am not seeing my netflix que in my recordings or my videos. Any thoughts? Folders are created under import directory, but only for movies.

Last edited by gabe1475; 09-09-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Installed this earlier this week and tested yesterday. Brilliant and awesome plugin! Great work EP
Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

This is one heckuva plugin! Couple of things:

First, I’ve noticed that if I add stuff to my queues and then do the manual “Update Now” that I still need to do a regular Sage media scan in order for these to appear in my recorded TV content area. Not too big a deal for me but when I was showing this to my wife she had less than ideal patience for updating in 2 different areas. One of these updates is buried fairly deep in the plugin manager configuration.

Is there a way to easily tether these two functions into one and place a readily accessible entry in the SETUP (like where Can Imported Media is...) or similarly easy way to invoke a manual update that does both scans?

Second, I can’t get my newly imported queue items to play from the recorded tv part of Sage. I have BMT automatically import them. At the same time, I can play the same files the old way by going through the Netflix queue... I attached 2 logs: the failed launching where I get the message: “You shouldn't be seeing this, check to make sure you have the PlayOn plugin installed!” through the recorded TV area and the successful launching of the same media through the traditional means.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Failed as imported TV content.txt (6.5 KB, 168 views)
File Type: txt Success as ordinary Netflix queue execution.txt (3.4 KB, 177 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
This is one heckuva plugin! Couple of things:

First, I’ve noticed that if I add stuff to my queues and then do the manual “Update Now” that I still need to do a regular Sage media scan in order for these to appear in my recorded TV content area. Not too big a deal for me but when I was showing this to my wife she had less than ideal patience for updating in 2 different areas. One of these updates is buried fairly deep in the plugin manager configuration.

Is there a way to easily tether these two functions into one and place a readily accessible entry in the SETUP (like where Can Imported Media is...) or similarly easy way to invoke a manual update that does both scans?

Second, I can’t get my newly imported queue items to play from the recorded tv part of Sage. I have BMT automatically import them. At the same time, I can play the same files the old way by going through the Netflix queue... I attached 2 logs: the failed launching where I get the message: “You shouldn't be seeing this, check to make sure you have the PlayOn plugin installed!” through the recorded TV area and the successful launching of the same media through the traditional means.

Any ideas? Thanks!

That is a good idea I think to rescan the sage library after updating but will be terribly slow with large collections. It is really meant to be run nightly and sage should update before you see it again...

maybe a property setting.
Closed Thread