SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Glad you like it. Forgot about Amazon VOD (never use it myself) but that should be easy to add.
I second this if possible, I have lots of kid shows on Amazon. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Excellent, glad its working for you
OK... just tested it out on my SageMC/MVP install upstairs in the kids room...

No go... I see the dummy video played as opposed to the actual streamed content. The same file works fine under the Online Videos menu entry, but then again SageMC resorts to the actual STV for it's online/streamed usage so this may be (it is...) a limitation of the UI as opposed to the plugin...

-Jason
Old 09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Are there any options similar to this if you do not have v7?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying the combination of the PlayOn Hulu/Netflix Queue Importer and BMT. I have the queue importer working successfully on my Hulu queue. I see the seasons and episodes of my queue in the Sage Videos menu but there is no show description for some shows and no fanart for any of the shows.

First, let me say that I normally use Sage to record TV shows. I don't have a DVD library, so I'm not familiar with BMT. I installed BMT and it created a few folders with a Backgrounds, Banners and Posters folder for 2 shows in my Hulu queue and a couple TV shows that recorded last night (attachment sage4.jpg). There is no BMT folder for most of the shows in my Hulu queue.

For the "I Spy" show in my Hulu queue, BMT created folders for fanart. However, I don't see the fanart when browsing the episodes and there is no show description (attachment sage2.jpg and sage3.jpg). The BMT configuration is attached (attachment sage1.jpg).

Obviously, I don't know what I'm doing with BMT. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.JPG (161.2 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg sage2.JPG (122.1 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg sage3.jpg (94.2 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg sage4.jpg (14.7 KB, 189 views)
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
However, I don't see the fanart when browsing the episodes and there is no show description (attachment sage2.jpg and sage3.jpg).
As far as using the plugin to it's full potential, simply check the option to import the media as a Sage Recording. This is shown in the third picture in the first post. This way, you will notice 'no' difference from a regular recording, and the show will show up under your TV menu.

BMT should simply auto populate the show info and the fanart/poster/(etc) in that mode. Browsing the imported video under the Video menu does not grant the 'full' experience.

-Jason
Old 09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Man I an amazed so many people want to import as recorded...to each their own though
Old 09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
OK... just tested it out on my SageMC/MVP install upstairs in the kids room... No go...
Yeah, its not going to work under SageMC since it requires some STVi code to playback the videos. And porting it to SageMC would be a bit of a pain because, even though its only a few lines of STVi code, it uses some references to code only available in the v7 default STV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
Are there any options similar to this if you do not have v7?
Nope, v7 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Obviously, I don't know what I'm doing with BMT. Could someone point me in the right direction?
So two things,
  • Check BMT web under Browse->Missing Metadata. All your I-Spy shows should be there and you can guide BMT to manually grab the metdata. Then look up mediaTitles.xml for info on how to get BMT to automatically find shows its missing.
  • BMT doesn't pull down thumbnails so for the dummy videos so they just show up as black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
BMT should simply auto populate the show info and the fanart/poster/(etc) in that mode. Browsing the imported video under the Video menu does not grant the 'full' experience.
The descriptions/titles should show up fine in the imported videos menu one the videos are fully scraped and if you have the Phoenix Fan Art plugin installed I think it'll also show posters.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Man I an amazed so many people want to import as recorded...to each their own though
Why NOT have all your TV shows shown together? regardless of source? If you want, I can whip up an STVi that changes the SageTV Recordings screen's title to TV Shows... ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-06-2010, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Why NOT have all your TV shows shown together? regardless of source? If you want, I can whip up an STVi that changes the SageTV Recordings screen's title to TV Shows... ;-)
No I have my own. I just prefer recorded, imported, home videos and movies those are the 4 separations I use. To me I don't want it in recorded unless I recorded it an anything I archive gets moved out immediately. But I realize I have an advantage being able to seperste it with my own mods
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No I have my own. I just prefer recorded, imported, home videos and movies those are the 4 separations I use. To me I don't want it in recorded unless I recorded it an anything I archive gets moved out immediately. But I realize I have an advantage being able to seperste it with my own mods
Malore can separate them just fine. Plenty of views to choose from, but all actually suited for TV (The Online browser is simply horrible, hence the imoprting on Hulu content to TV).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Installed the update this morning and everything is working great now. (HTPC Client only)

I can see the Movies from the Netflix and Hulu Movie Ques in MyMovies as well as under the folder view. Everything plays correctly and the Metadata automatic Metadata from BMT and MyMovies updates without assistance.

I have BMT setup to treat new imported TV shows as TV recording and they generally just import as normal TV recordings in Sage. There are some that do not because Netflix does not name them appropriately but these are still available under Videos\Folder view in a easily navigable folder structure. The only real proble here is understanding the correct series order but it is still no worse than with the normal Playon display.

I really like having the TV shows from Hulu and Netflix show up in the normal TV display. It does a good job of grouping that kind of content.

Thanks, This really is a great addition. It makes the integration of the Movie and TV Libraries with the big Online choices seamless. An easy way to easily filter one or the other out would also be a nice add.

Last edited by SWKerr; 09-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Sage User

Should Parental Controls be working with this? I would have thought it would since it makes SageTV use traditional metadata, including MPAA ratings, but both Videos and SMM seem to play any Netflix movie without prompting for our Parental Code. Any ideas?

Other than this, it is going to make life soooooooo much easier without my 6-year-old having to ask how to watch a certain movie! Thank you EP!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Really this would by nice with the :TV Series Idea/Concept Video

I am with you about my recored stuff being different than my other stuff since i recored more then tv shows. But the waf likes it so she can play stuff for the kids with out so many steps and all tv series are togther thats why it would be even better with the :TV Series Idea/Concept Video
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
It's also not working for me.

I am only using a Netflix account and not Hulu so that is likely the problem.

Looking forward to the updated release tonight.
Quote:
Ok, I think I got all of the big ones, sorry about the bugs. Please do post if these fixes clears up your problems.

Version 1.4.3.1
  • Fixes issue where plugin didn't work on XP due to mkdir being unable to make nested folders.
  • Fixes issue where MyMovies mode was never getting enabled even if the property was set to true.
  • Fixes issue where scraping only succeeded if you had both a Netflix and Hulu Queue.
  • Added cleanup of orphaned folders
  • Fixed folder names having HTML escape charactors
Ok, this is now working for me. However, I did run into some problems getting it working.

I tried the update from the previous version and while the update process worked, it was not populating my netflix instant queue. I did a test in the Playon software on the server and Netflix credentials were fine. I also further verified this by going to online services and I could access and play from my instant queue.

So, I un-installed this plugin, went to the share I designated and deleted the folders it created (it did not clean these up btw). After that, I reinstalled the plugin. Now, everything is working properly. Just letting you know since you wanted a follow up.

Lastly, great job on this plugin, this is awesome.

Last edited by Peter_h; 09-07-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Sage User

Won't begin streaming via Sage MyMovies

When trying to play Netflix videos from within Sage MyMovies, I'm getting a video clip that says that I shouldn't be seeing this and that I may not have the Playon plugin installed.

This is on a Sage Client. Playon For SageTV: STVi v1.4 is installed. Playon is installed on the server. BMT is installed on the server. I can play Netflix content from Online/Netflix/Queue just fine.

Ideas?

Last edited by opusinteractive; 09-07-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am also seeing this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opusinteractive View Post
When trying to play Netflix videos from within Sage MyMovies, I'm getting a video clip that says that I shouldn't be seeing this and that I may not have the Playon plugin installed.

This is on a Sage Client. Playon For SageTV: STVi v1.4 is installed. Playon is installed on the server. BMT is installed on the server. I can play Netflix content from Online/Netflix/Queue just fine.

Ideas?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
I am also seeing this...
It could be I am calling the play video from a different portion of the stvi then EP is not sure where he is calling it. I will try and look or get with him.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

My STVi inserts code under both of the common default STV playback widget references:
  • REM Watch, jumping directly to OSD for playback
  • REM Start watching this airing
So it should work pretty universally. See screenshot for detailed code.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playOnSTViCode.jpg (197.9 KB, 717 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-07-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My STVi inserts code under both of the common default STV playback widget references:
  • REM Watch, jumping directly to OSD for playback
  • REM Start watching this airing
So it should work pretty universally. See screenshot for detailed code.
Yup I jump in before that is called so that should be good. I wonder if it is playlist related. Are people with the errors playing trailers/intros or multiple movies at once?

I jump to widget id "BASE-50293" for playlist but would still think it calls each file sepearetly when playing but maybe it is handled differently and that is why this isn't working for those doing that.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do I get the shows into the HULU queue?
Closed Thread