SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage User

Where exactly do I set the path to donators version of comskip

Can someone tell me EXACTLY where I set should set the configuration options for commercial detector? I've been all through Detailed Setup/Customize and can't find it.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using ver 80.032 of comskip (the free one) and was wondering if I still need to get the donator's version to get decent processing speeds for HDPVR files? I'd gladly shoot the guy a couple bucks if it's going to be an improvement.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
Can someone tell me EXACTLY where I set should set the configuration options for commercial detector? I've been all through Detailed Setup/Customize and can't find it.
Look in the Sage.properties file. The lines that begin with cd/ are the option for commercial detector.

cd/UNC_map=
cd/cleanup_ext=edl,txt,log,logo
cd/comskip_location=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\comskip\\comskip.exe
cd/comskip_parms=
cd/ini_location=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\comskip\\comskip.ini
Old 08-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dOptics View Post
Look in the Sage.properties file. The lines that begin with cd/ are the option for commercial detector.

Thank you!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
Go to the Plugin Manager -> Installed Plugins and select "General" from the top row. Select CommercialDetector and then Configure.

Be careful if you edit the properties directly. There are things in there that you should NOT change, like the UNC_Map property.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze2112 View Post
I'm using ver 80.032 of comskip (the free one) and was wondering if I still need to get the donator's version to get decent processing speeds for HDPVR files? I'd gladly shoot the guy a couple bucks if it's going to be an improvement.
AFAIK you need the donators version to process HD-PVR files. Are you saying the version you have is processing the files (slowly, but it's producing .edl's)?

You may also want to give ShowAnalyzer a shot. It has a 14 day trial period and some people claim it processes H.264 faster than comskip. I don't have an HD-PVR so I can's say either way.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 08-26-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage User

Tom,

ShowAnalyzer support doesn't seem to handle spaces in SageTV video recording directories like ComSkip support does. I suspect that you're kicking off the command as a single String with spaces between the arguments rather than an array of Strings for the ShowAnalyzerEngine program and each of its arguments. Can you squeeze this fix into the next beta release? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerw View Post
Tom,

ShowAnalyzer support doesn't seem to handle spaces in SageTV video recording directories like ComSkip support does. I suspect that you're kicking off the command as a single String with spaces between the arguments rather than an array of Strings for the ShowAnalyzerEngine program and each of its arguments. Can you squeeze this fix into the next beta release? Thanks.
Yes.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

spencerw - PM me your email and I'll send you a .jar that I think fixes the issue.

Tom

Old 08-31-2010, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emash View Post
I have the commercial detector plugin installed and working, but the comskip playback is not autoskipping during playback. I do have the setting in the playback config page set to auto skip. Using a pair of HD100s. I can skip the commercials manually during playback. Not sure if I'm posting in the wrong place, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Quote:
i had the same issue. auto comskip was enabled on the detailed setup/comskip menu interface options (not plugin configuration) but never skipped. I went ahead and disabled it on the detailed setup/comskip options list and then just enable it individually on recordings..then it works..inconvenient but it works...i will try uninstalling the UI mod.
I can't reproduce this on my system, automatic comskipping works like a champ no matter what I do. Can you give me a complete list of other plugins you have installed?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I can't reproduce this on my system, automatic comskipping works like a champ no matter what I do. Can you give me a complete list of other plugins you have installed?

Thanks,

Tom
I have a hunch that they have the automatic aspect ratio switcher plugin installed. Since installing that plugin, I have have experienced exactly what they are describing.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 0.60

Beta 0.60 of the General Plugin is now available in the repository:

- Fixed bug where .edl would be deleted if a recording was converted into another format.
- Added configuration option to specify which types of files are to be considered "video". The .edl will only be deleted if no video files remain. The default for "valid" video files is anything ending in mpg, mp4, avi, ts, mkv, m4v.
- Fixed bug that caused ShowAnalyzer to fail if the path to ShowAnalyzer or the path to the recording contained spaces.

I'm working on some incremental updates to the UI portion of the plugin as well.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
I have a hunch that they have the automatic aspect ratio switcher plugin installed. Since installing that plugin, I have have experienced exactly what they are describing.
i've got the auto aspect ratio switcher installed and comskip has been working just fine for my SD recordings. still haven't got it working for HD yet, but I just finally found some time to try out showanalyzer.

edit: just set up showanayzer and it worked like a charm. I'm going to have to figure out how to tweak it cause it cut a little of the show off at the beginning of the commercials, but at least it's working on HD.

Last edited by kamikaze2112; 09-02-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm sorry to say I can't give you much help on tweaking ShowAnalyzer. I highly recommend you do some reading on their forums.

Tom

Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
I had a power outage last night. Apparently comskip was in the middle of processing a completed show when the power went out. I noticed today that the processing was never completed on the file that was being processed when the power went out.

All subsequent recordings have been processed okay. I went into the plug-in configuration and tried to enable to option to process unprocessed files, and got the attached error message.

I'm running .60 version of CommercialDetector.
Attached Images
File Type: png Error.PNG (525.3 KB, 214 views)
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS220+ 8TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 09-03-2010, 04:45 AM
SageTVaholic

In the case of a power outage CommercialDetector should have restarted the job that never finished so you actually found two bugs

I'll try to look into it over the weekend.

Tom

Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

comckip on a client

Hi, just set up my new client machine. Installed the comskip playback plugin for the client machine, and comskip is running on the server and working fine.

I can't get comskip playback to work on the client.

I'm using windows 7 (lean install), and the SageTV client for version 7. Everything else seems to be working properly, and the server is generating the .edl files properly.

Is there a trick to getting it to work on a client?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2010, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3141 View Post
Is there a trick to getting it to work on a client?
Yes. The client must be able to access the recordings and they must have the same path as when you recorded them. Generally this is done as follows:

- On the server share your recording directories.
- In the sage configuration make sure you use the UNC path, and not the local path, as the recording directory.

All future recordings will then be visible to both the client and the server via the UNC path (//YourServer/Yourpath/). This won't help with things you have already recorded.

If you have your recording directories setup to use local paths, the client can't see the .edl files because the path does not exist on your client. For example, if your recording path is E:/SageRecordings the client will try to find the .edl files on E:/SageRecordings. Odds are that drive and path does not exist on the client. Does that make sense?

Tom

Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Thanks.

Now the client can't find the server.

Restarted the server.

An exception occured in Java: java.lang.NullPointerException

That's without starting the service manually first.

If I do start the service, sage just shows the blue loading screen forever.

Waited for it for 4 hours.

Was working, changed the path as suggested, and that's what happened.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think the change I posted would cause that directly but it might have uncovered another issue that others were having. Sage posted a new Sage.jar file that fixes the "hanging on start" bug.

Look here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ighlight=start