SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Running this on my experimental Linux server with the latest version of comskip. Was working with v0.81.076 just fine. Now with v0.81.088 I get an error after logo detection with the message, "Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded".

Runs fine if I run from gui command line. Crashes if run from ssh, etc. I don't see any Window appear when run from within X though.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Running this on my experimental Linux server with the latest version of comskip. Was working with v0.81.076 just fine. Now with v0.81.088 I get an error after logo detection with the message, "Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded".

Runs fine if I run from gui command line. Crashes if run from ssh, etc. I don't see any Window appear when run from within X though.
Are you using wine? What command line are you using?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Are you using wine? What command line are you using?
Yes, wine. Not sure what you mean. My ini file didn't change. Just passing the video file to comskip.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, wine. Not sure what you mean. My ini file didn't change. Just passing the video file to comskip.
I was confused by your statement "Runs fine if I run from gui command line. Crashes if run from ssh, etc."

I also don't know what you mean by "I get an error after logo detection with the message..."

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was confused by your statement "Runs fine if I run from gui command line. Crashes if run from ssh, etc."

I also don't know what you mean by "I get an error after logo detection with the message..."
Sorry, what I mean is that it's crashing. Doing some testing it runs fine without any errors when the current directory is the one where comskip.exe resides. When run from outside the comskip directory (e.g. from /media/recordings/tv) it crashes with an exception once it hits the end of logo processing.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Also, what I've been inferring is that comskip is crashing during live detection at the end of logo processing.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, this is weirder than I thought. It only crashes if there's not already a logo.txt file. If that file already exists it runs just fine.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, this is weirder than I thought. It only crashes if there's not already a logo.txt file. If that file already exists it runs just fine.
If comskip is crashing I think you should seek support there first. I'd just be grasping at straws. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear ...

In the meantime you can revert back to the older version of comskip.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Donator Version of Comskip

I can't get the donator version of comskip to work with commercial detector. Commercial detector launches it, and it produces EDL's but there's nothing of significance in the EDL. If I manually run ComSkip it does produce cuts, so it's pretty baffling. If I downgrade to the version included in ComskipMonitor (which I used to use) it seems to work fine - except of course it's slower and won't multi-thread. Also - does Commercial Detector only run on an active SageTV/SageTVClient? My server is headless and normally I don't login to it, but it doesn't appear to process anything unless Sage is open on it.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
I can't get the donator version of comskip to work with commercial detector. Commercial detector launches it, and it produces EDL's but there's nothing of significance in the EDL. If I manually run ComSkip it does produce cuts, so it's pretty baffling. If I downgrade to the version included in ComskipMonitor (which I used to use) it seems to work fine - except of course it's slower and won't multi-thread. Also - does Commercial Detector only run on an active SageTV/SageTVClient? My server is headless and normally I don't login to it, but it doesn't appear to process anything unless Sage is open on it.
Do you have live_tv=1 in the comskip.ini?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It could be that CommercialDetector is using an .ini file that the new version of comskip doesn't like. Take a look at the logs to see what .ini file is being used. Or you can just change the settings to use a "known good" .ini. The .ini used by CommercialDetector is slightly tweaked from the stock .ini that ships with comskip.

CommercialDetector only runs on a SageTV server. It captures "recording completed" events and then runs comskip against the completed recording. Does that answer your second question?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
CommercialDetector only runs on a SageTV server. It captures "recording completed" events and then runs comskip against the completed recording. Does that answer your second question?
So I don't need to be logged in, correct?
Old 11-05-2015, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I don't need to be logged in, correct?
Not if the service is running.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Not if the service is running.
Correct.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Correct.
Perfect! Thanks.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Updates

A new version of CommercialDetector, CommercialDetector UI, and comskip are available. There is no functionality change from previous versions, I just moved the hosting to BinTray.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom, I noticed the updates the other day, so I went ahead and let it run. After the updates, comskip stopped skipping on h.264 files. Is it possible that comskip.exe was replaced during the update with a non-donator version?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Tom, I noticed the updates the other day, so I went ahead and let it run. After the updates, comskip stopped skipping on h.264 files. Is it possible that comskip.exe was replaced during the update with a non-donator version?
Yes. The plugin uses a free version of comskip. You need to go into the setup and point it at your donator version. (There is a way to tell COmmercialDetector where to look for the comskip.exe and comskip,ini files.)

Old 01-31-2016, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Understood. I've always just found and copied the donator comskip.exe over the one in the Commercial Detector (CD) install directory. I've seen the two different file paths in the CD Sage UI settings screen, but it honestly never dawned on me to use that as [I now understand] it was intended. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Understood. I've always just found and copied the donator comskip.exe over the one in the Commercial Detector (CD) install directory. I've seen the two different file paths in the CD Sage UI settings screen, but it honestly never dawned on me to use that as [I now understand] it was intended. Thank you.
Yeah, the main problem with replacing the .exe's with the donator version, is the plugin system will later just overwrite them with the free version on the next update (as you've found).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room