SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
What processor do you have, and what is the source of the recordings?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
6GB RAM
2x HDHR Duals
Windows 7 Ultimate
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If the property is not in the .ini you can just add it. I would just edit the .ini file that comes with CommercialDetector rather than make a new one. Let me know how it goes.
If the option is set in CD, shouldn't the property already be there? Or are you just passing it that parameter via a command line option? So if I add it to the .ini file, should I disable the setting in CD? Otherwise, it would seem that one would interfere, or possibly, I may not know which parameter is getting used.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

I made the changes to the ini file, and disabled the playnice setting in CD. I put the delay as 5ms, and am actually running two instances (by accident) of CS, and the PC is still pretty responsive. About 20-40% CPU between the two instances. LAN is at 35% peak of a 1GBPS connection, but I also have a backup currently running, and one recording that is going over that link too. So we will see how everything holds up.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I made the changes to the ini file, and disabled the playnice setting in CD. I put the delay as 5ms, and am actually running two instances (by accident) of CS, and the PC is still pretty responsive. About 20-40% CPU between the two instances. LAN is at 35% peak of a 1GBPS connection, but I also have a backup currently running, and one recording that is going over that link too. So we will see how everything holds up.
If you disabled "play nice" then the sleep setting will be ignored. What I meant in my original post was to add "play_nice_sleep=xx" to the .ini file if it's not there already. This setting tells comskip how long to pause between frames IF "play nice" is set. If play nice is not set the sleep time will be totally ignored.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

How can I get my SA profiles to show up?

I don't see them in windows let alone via this plug in.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to create the profiles using SA then go to the CommercialDetector config options and select the location. The first step is to find them in Windows, because if you don't know where they are CommercialDetector certainly will not

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You need to create the profiles using SA then go to the CommercialDetector config options and select the location. The first step is to find them in Windows, because if you don't know where they are CommercialDetector certainly will not
Yeah, I got it worked out. We need not get into details.

Nice plugin btw. I had been using it with comskip for a few months and now SA.

Works great.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad you got it working.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial Detector not removing orphaned files

I'm finding that CD is not removing any orphaned files. I've got everything setup correctly (I think) and have listed the files that should be deleted (txt, edl, etc) in the plugin.

Is there some other setting that I should be checking?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I'm finding that CD is not removing any orphaned files. I've got everything setup correctly (I think) and have listed the files that should be deleted (txt, edl, etc) in the plugin.

Is there some other setting that I should be checking?
Just to check, but how are you deleting the video's that are leaving the orphans? I'm pretty sure it only deletes orphans when sage deletes the files, and then it may be only when deleted in a certain way.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Does it delete the orphaned files when you tell CommercialDetector to manually search for them?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm deleting all shows through Sage (either watched or wrong recording or something). I'm never deleting shows outside of Sage.

When I ask CD to delete the files, it works just fine (last one I did found 650 files to delete). I watched a few shows, then tried CD delete again, and sure enough, it found a couple more files to delete.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

It should delete them as soon as Sage does. You can turn on debugging in sage and then set the debug log level in CD to "Trace". Then delete a few files and send the sage logfile for me to look at.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Will do.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Sage Expert

odd new problem

First comskip plugin is the bomb, I love it, thanks so much for maintaining and evolving this incredibly valuable adjunct to Sage.

Symptoms of my problem, watching live tv is very spotty, skips/hitches/pauses. Recorded TV can be bad too, but live tv always bad when the problem is happening. It only happens under certain circumstances.

Obvious correlation, Comskip running. However, it's not every time comskip is running it's only in certain circumstances.

Circumstances, comskip trying to run against very short show segments that are recorded on the NAS. ????.

Comskip is launched on my system by the comskip plugin.
Been using comskip for years and never had this issue.
Relatively recently switched to using comskip plugin to launch comskip (was using dirmon for years), but problem didn't start then.
Just added NAS and problem started then, but record shows to NAS and they are able to be marked by comskip just fine 90 + % of that time only in the following 2 oddball cases does this happen and again, only when the recording being analyzed by comskip is on the NAS.
All watching of TV is done via extenders.

Yep, this problem only happens when CS is running against short show segments, like the Justified 3 minute replays that air on Saturday nights. When I got up this morning we were having the problem and checked and comskip was still running an instance that was analyzing that 3 minute "show" that had aired hours ago. I killed that CS instance and all sage misbehavior ceased immediately. Been having this problem off and on for 3 weeks.

The other short show segments are when watching live TV and skipping from one channel to another, seems like CS kicks off and trys to run against those show segments before they are successfully auto deleted, maybe because deletes from within Sage on the NAS happen a little slowly.

Question/proposal. 2 settings.
Is there anyway to tell comskip or the comskip plugin to not run for X seconds after a show completes it's recording? This would make sure that live TV shows that aren't going to be kept have time to be deleted.
Is there anyway to tell comskip or the comskip plugin to not run if a recording is smaller then (x mins or X bytes/megabytes)??

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Is there anyway to tell comskip or the comskip plugin to not run for X seconds after a show completes it's recording? This would make sure that live TV shows that aren't going to be kept have time to be deleted.
Is there anyway to tell comskip or the comskip plugin to not run if a recording is smaller then (x mins or X bytes/megabytes)??

Thanks
If you are looking for more customized/fine control, then Sage Job Queue (SJQ) is going to be more appropriate for your use. I'd worry about putting TOO many options in CommercialDetector, as it could lead to some feature bloat, and it is supposed to be the plug-n-play option for comskip launching.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post

Thanks
I looked at doing this and even wrote some of the code. I haven't deployed it out of fear of breaking something. I am not really actively developing the plugin any more so I probably will not make these changes.

Your problem may be related to network issues. Are you using UNC paths?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Sage User

Hi Tom, considering the information from your latest post:

Quote:
I am not really actively developing the plugin any more so I probably will not make these changes.
Is it silly for me to hold out hope for an update to the Commercial Detector UI that at least addresses item 1 from my previous post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
1. According to the release notes for version 1.31 of the Commercial Detector UI plugin, the plugin should display the CS header icon whenever there are active commercial detector jobs in the queue, even if the CS icon is the only header icon presented at the time. For me, this only occurs when another header icon is present. I have confirmed this by executing 'Run Comskip' on a recording, ensuring that the job is displayed as processing in Commercial Detector settings, and then playing around with starting imported media scans to trigger the 'Media Scan' header icon; when the 'Media Scan' header icon displays, so does the CS header icon, and as soon as the media scan completes, both icons disappear from the header, even though the Commercial Detector job is still processing.
Not trying to be a nuisance, I'm just wondering.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Brian,

What I can do is provide you a personal build to try out. No ETA on that because life is REAL busy for me these days. I'm hesitant to put out official build without having the time available to properly support it.

Tom

Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
What I can do is provide you a personal build to try out.
Hi Tom,

I would certainly be interested in a personal build (regardless of testing), but only when/if you have the opportunity.

Thank you very much,
Brian