SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Perfect... thanks! (I wish all the settings were in the .ini with their default values so that I could see what I have to tweak vs. adding ones in which I have to go digging for!)
If I recall, if you do verbose=10 I think included in the log file is the list of all the parms and their values, whether specified or default.

Also think there was a comskip.txt file that listed all the parms, not sure they all had descriptions though.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertb View Post
What I have found out is that if I turn off live detection it works perfectly. When the sho is finished it will find all of the commercials. Something about the live detection is causing my issues.

From the comskip readme, not sure when or why this change was made:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the current comskip version can not process files while recording. If used that way comskip will end premature and not find commercials.
Make sure comskip is started when the recording is completely finished. For .wtv recordings wait 10 minutes after last writing of the recording.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
From the comskip readme, not sure when or why this change was made:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the current comskip version can not process files while recording. If used that way comskip will end premature and not find commercials.
Make sure comskip is started when the recording is completely finished. For .wtv recordings wait 10 minutes after last writing of the recording.
The version that comes with CommercialDetector does not have this problem.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can someone tell me the last version of the donator's comskip that works well and supports processing currently recording tv?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Can someone tell me the last version of the donator's comskip that works well and supports processing currently recording tv?
From the Changelog:
-------------------------------------
Changes in 0.81.011
- Complete change of the used codec and demux. Comskip will now process everything ffmpag can decode. Due to the experimental nature certain features have stopped working. Most noticable is NOT LIVE TV SUPPORT!!!!
Changes in 0.80.042
- Repaired a bug that caused build 40 and 41 to fail on dvr-ms. Do NOT use build 40 and 41 on dvr-ms
-------------------------------------------------

I suppose that .80.042 was the last version to support live tv. I've just decided to switch to post-processing since we rarely watch anything live any more.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Client not showing processed files

Good Morning!
My setup is i"m running WHS 2011 w/ Sage WHS installed (just ran the MSI, no problem there). The CommercialDetector UI is installed on the server and through the Placeshifter & HD-300, it processes files fine and skips using the markers.

However, on my client I installed this plugin as a Client side plugin and it doesn't skip commercials. In fact, it says that no ComSkip info exists. If I try to manually re-run it from the client, it doesn't give me an error, it just doesn't do anything.

Anyone else who uses WHS & a Client have any experience? I'm thinking the Client isn't seeing where the .edl files are on the WHS. Could that be? It sees the recordings fine though. I'm grasping at straws here.

Thanks!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage can stream the media files to the client, so the client doens' thave to see the files directly to playback. Comskip playback, on the other hand, DOES need to see the actual files to work. The easiest way to accomplish this is to use UNC paths for your recording directories. This will allow any system on your network to access the files with the exact same path.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Sage User

Comskip

Is there a way to setup so the last comercial is not marked in a program?
Usually the last comercial break has the next weeks preveiw in it and it's hard to get to see it. It would be nice not to have a comercial marked in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the program.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesterts View Post
Is there a way to setup so the last comercial is not marked in a program?
Usually the last comercial break has the next weeks preveiw in it and it's hard to get to see it. It would be nice not to have a comercial marked in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the program.
Edit the comskip.ini file and edit (or add) this line:

Code:
always_keep_last_seconds=120

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a similar command for the first say 30 seconds of a program? I've noticed that sometimes the difference between what Sage thinks is a 30 minute show and what's actually recorded causes the program to skip (repeat) a couple time at the beginning of a show. If I could tell it to not skip commercials during the first 30 seconds it should avoid the issue.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Is there a similar command for the first say 30 seconds of a program? I've noticed that sometimes the difference between what Sage thinks is a 30 minute show and what's actually recorded causes the program to skip (repeat) a couple time at the beginning of a show. If I could tell it to not skip commercials during the first 30 seconds it should avoid the issue.
Yup.

Quote:
always_keep_first_seconds=120
Change the 120 to whatever value you want.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great plugin, really like the integration as opposed to using Comskip Monitor. I'm actually using ShowAnalyzer now, seems to be faster and more accurate than the last paid version of Comskip I tried. So the SA support is also nice.

One feature I'd like to see is to be able to force it to process a show now, overriding any exclusion hours that are configured. I currently have it set not to process during prime time, because if there are multiple recordings going on I don't want to over-tax the HD's by adding multiple commercial processing instances. But some nights there's not as much being recorded and I'd like to be able to force a specific show to get processed before the exclusion hours are over.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Yup.

Change the 120 to whatever value you want.
Thank you!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn View Post
Great plugin, really like the integration as opposed to using Comskip Monitor. I'm actually using ShowAnalyzer now, seems to be faster and more accurate than the last paid version of Comskip I tried. So the SA support is also nice.

One feature I'd like to see is to be able to force it to process a show now, overriding any exclusion hours that are configured. I currently have it set not to process during prime time, because if there are multiple recordings going on I don't want to over-tax the HD's by adding multiple commercial processing instances. But some nights there's not as much being recorded and I'd like to be able to force a specific show to get processed before the exclusion hours are over.
If you are using the default STV and have installed the CommercialDetector UI Mod Plugin, when you bring up the options for a recording you'll see a "Run comskip" button. That will queue the file immediately.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If you are using the default STV and have installed the CommercialDetector UI Mod Plugin, when you bring up the options for a recording you'll see a "Run comskip" button. That will queue the file immediately.
Hmm, I thought I tried that and it just sat in the queue until 10pm, but I'll check again.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage User

Thank you That really helps
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm, I thought I tried that and it just sat in the queue until 10pm, but I'll check again.
I could be wrong as well, it's been a while since I looked at the code.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tried it again last night, selecting the "Run Comskip" command from options dialog just puts the recording into the job queue (even if it's already there), it doesn't actually run until the restricted hours are over.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tried it again last night, selecting the "Run Comskip" command from options dialog just puts the recording into the job queue (even if it's already there), it doesn't actually run until the restricted hours are over.
It will take some work to change that behavior and I just don't have the time right now. Sorry

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

EDIT: Yes, I see it cleans up the files.

Thank you for the plugin! I have it working nice on an E8400 dual-core with: 4 max jobs, live tv processing enabled, and slower processing enabled. It uses only 25% CPU and 6 MB/sec. disk bandwidth when running all 4 jobs simultaneously.

Last edited by null_pointer_us; 04-03-2012 at 08:15 AM.